PDA

View Full Version : Willow Valley Marina

charlyox
06-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Sucks for trying to pull the boat out of the water. I have a brand new Silverado with a 6.0 and I had a hell of a time getting my 22' Essex out of the water. I tried putting it in 2nd feathering it. flooring it. power braking it. I was about to let some air out of my tires when some 150 lb. dude started jumping up and down on my bumper I was finally able to get some traction. My bro was lanching and skidded all the way into the water hit a rock and got a blow out. That is one slick ramp. I felt like I was at site 6.

don johnson
06-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Sucks for trying to pull the boat out of the water. I have a brand new Silverado with a 6.0 and I had a hell of a time getting my 22' Essex out of the water. I tried putting it in 2nd feathering it. flooring it. power braking it. I was about to let some air out of my tires when some 150 lb. dude started jumping up and down on my bumper I was finally able to get some traction. My bro was lanching and skidded all the way into the water hit a rock and got a blow out. That is one slick ramp. I felt like I was at site 6.
Launch my 33 Daytona there all the time with a Suburban and have no problems....

Danhercules
06-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Next time try appling the parking break while pulling out.

MR.rvrluvr
06-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Launch my 33 Daytona there all the time with a Suburban and have no problems....
do you ever have a problem with water levels up there with that big a boat? We are looking at property out there and have a 28 deck boat, I am conserned about water levels..Never been above needles bridge..

don johnson
06-04-2007, 07:45 PM
do you ever have a problem with water levels up there with that big a boat? We are looking at property out there and have a 28 deck boat, I am conserned about water levels..Never been above needles bridge..
Usually no problems if you know the river. There are a number of spots going both up and down river from the Marina that can be a problem if you are not familiar....
However Oct-Feb the water typically runs lower and I launch at Jack Smith at Needles bridge and head downriver with no problems. Up river from Needles bridge that time of year can be big problems....

Havasu1986
06-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Tim...My buddy is building a house on the river on the Cali side about a mile up from Willow Valley. He's selling off the upper portion of his lot. The river does get low there. But before I stopped by to see you, I stopped at his place and seen some big boats go buy. You just have to know the river. :)

willowrat
06-04-2007, 07:47 PM
This is great because I was looking at those trucks last night at the dealer. I am thinking of getting one. Do you have the locking differential rear end. They tell me you have to keep it below 5mph and both tires will have power. The standard truck axle does not have this option. It makes all the differance in the world. It is a steep ramp. I launch a 24 ft Cheetah Fast cat with a little Nissan Xterra. It is 4wd and I have no issues.

MR.rvrluvr
06-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Usually no problems if you know the river. There are a number of spots going both up and down river from the Marina that can be a problem if you are not familiar....
However Oct-Feb the water typically runs lower and I launch at Jack Smith at Needles bridge and head downriver with no problems. Up river from Needles bridge that time of year can be big problems....
thanx....maybe if we end up there you could show me the river....Dinner and beers on me...:) gas too..

MR.rvrluvr
06-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Tim...My buddy is building a house on the river on the Cali side about a mile up from Willow Valley. He's selling off the upper portion of his lot. The river does get low there. But before I stopped by to see you, I stopped at his place and seen some big boats go buy. You just have to know the river. :)
thanx for the info..you going to the family dam run?

willowrat
06-04-2007, 07:53 PM
24ft Cheetah Fast cat. No problem. You just have to learn the river.
There is a cone on my seat from my behind sucking on it. Sometimes it looks a little narly. I would not try it unless I am with someone who knows the river. Once you figure it out it is no problem.
I think the fact that people are afraid to go up there is to our advantage.

don johnson
06-04-2007, 07:53 PM
thanx....maybe if we end up there you could show me the river....Dinner and beers on me...:) gas too..
Willow is a great community, if you end up there hope to meet soon!

Havasu1986
06-04-2007, 07:54 PM
thanx for the info..you going to the family dam run?
When is it.:confused:

MR.rvrluvr
06-04-2007, 07:56 PM
When is it.:confused:
this weekend at kathrines landing..Look up the thread...

dumbandyoung
06-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Is it a long bed?
It may be your tires. What kind do you have?? Street or offroad? Offroad grab the ramp way better. Get some new tires or buy a 4x4.
..Oh I once saw a chapparel Deck pulled out with a lifted 2 wheel drive Ranger on that ramp. :D