PDA

View Full Version : Need some HB advice...

TBONE1904
06-04-2007, 08:55 PM
I already know I am gonna get it....I decided to take a break from drinking for the month of May, I made it till the 26. However thats not my advice question. Allot of people at work chew tobacco. I started chewing while I wasn't drinking. My family and friends didn't like it and gave me the whole cancer lecture (which my mother died of) I assured them it was just to get me through the month. Here is the question I am drinking again, obviously, and still like chewing especially while drinking. It is around me everyday at work, so weather I buy it or not it is there. I understand it is bad, but damn it I like it. Any help?

yopengo
06-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Um well um....that shit is nasty. What the fock. :eek: :D

BadKachina
06-04-2007, 09:00 PM
I say you quit those nasty habits and go right to crystal meth.;)

Fire Angler
06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
tobacco is foul, but it's your choice........ Enjoy.
Someone pass me a Beer. :D

YeLLowBoaT
06-04-2007, 09:10 PM
start cewing gum.

vee-driven
06-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Well, we are all gonna die anyway, so do what ever the fuk you want to, i do.

shrek
06-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I weened myself off of chewing years ago........
I used to chew Cope snuff.....
went to long cut
went to Skoal
then finally started chewing Red Man long leaf tobacco.........chewed that for a long time, but just cut back slowly....
I know it is not the best plan, but its what worked for me, and now just the smell of the stuff makes my stomach turn.......
Shrek

XtrmWakeborder
06-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Don't tell the girls you do it, i've never met one that thought that was hot.....

Thorsinc
06-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Take a big mouth full and swallow it:yuk: It will break you

Quality Time
06-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Now that's funny, but true. I used Mint Snuff when I quit. Pure mint and all natural. You still need to get over the nicotine jolt.
Best of Luck

zudnic
06-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Take up smoking save the chew for long airplane rides. Girls hate chew, but smoking is a great ice breaker pick up tool and you still get nicotine!!!

TBONE1904
06-04-2007, 09:58 PM
I weened myself off of chewing years ago........
I used to chew Cope snuff.....
went to long cut
went to Skoal
then finally started chewing Red Man long leaf tobacco.........chewed that for a long time, but just cut back slowly....
I know it is not the best plan, but its what worked for me, and now just the smell of the stuff makes my stomach turn.......
Shrek
I had a similar plan, I stopped the cope (a guy on the softball team puked when he ran out of skoal and I gave him some) and I am on skoal now. I have never done the red man stuff, is that less intense? I know when I spit a dipper out I say to myself wtf.

TBONE1904
06-04-2007, 10:04 PM
my cousin likes to drink half empties people leave at his house, well I went to take a wizz when I get out he is puking in his sink. He downed one of my old cans that I was spitting in. The funniest part is his girl he lives with doesn't like the fact that he always downs other peoples half empties so he got the " I told you so":D

shrek
06-04-2007, 10:25 PM
I had a similar plan, I stopped the cope (a guy on the softball team puked when he ran out of skoal and I gave him some) and I am on skoal now. I have never done the red man stuff, is that less intense? I know when I spit a dipper out I say to myself wtf.
Yeah....Red Man is just plain Tobacco......lots of "taste" without the chemicals........or much less of them.........
If I get really stressed out, I still get the cravings once in awhile, but even if I go buy a pouch........I throw it in, and then say to myself----self, this is nasty......and then throw the brand new pack away.....
Shrek

TBONE1904
06-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Yeah....Red Man is just plain Tobacco......lots of "taste" without the chemicals........or much less of them.........
If I get really stressed out, I still get the cravings once in awhile, but even if I go buy a pouch........I throw it in, and then say to myself----self, this is nasty......and then throw the brand new pack away.....
Shrek
thanks bro...I did not know that. I thought that stuff was even worse, but I think I get the point. Taste the nasty and get over it!

hoolign
06-04-2007, 10:33 PM
red man is for fags.. Might as well chew gum! Now some good ol Cope fine cut..that's the shit! :D

TBONE1904
06-04-2007, 10:38 PM
red man is for fags.. Might as well chew gum! Now some good ol Cope fine cut..that's the shit! :D
I am just trying to save my lower lip for the women...what ever works:D

hoolign
06-04-2007, 10:39 PM
I am just trying to save my lower lip for the women...what ever works:D
I tuck my cope in my foreskin!

TBONE1904
06-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Never cope, usually I tuck my coke in my foreskin when going to Vegas though. How many ounces do you carry with you?:D

R.A.D.man
06-05-2007, 03:40 AM
Here's what you do.
Only spit in dark beer bottles, fill them up, cap them, put them in the fridge mixed up with your other beers. One day you will grab the wrong bottle and then you might want to quit both.;)

Cigalert
06-05-2007, 04:57 AM
I started chewing 12 years ago. I quit for 2 years about 4 years ago. Since I know I can quit cold turkey it makes it more difficult to quit now. I have a baby on the way in about 2 months I've been trying to not have my first nicotine intake for the day until after noon. Well my lack of magic juice has resulted in some insane behavior and mood swings. I now yell at employees a lot more and I like to kick and throw things.
Figure how much you chew per day and sock away that same ammount $ you would spend on a can. The way I look at it I'm spending almost $2 grand a year in chew right now.
But don't quit for a chick or because people are telling you. You have to quit because you want to, it makes it tons easier if it makes sense to you. If you quit for a chick and she bolts or give you crotch rot and you have to go splitso. You'll start chewing again just to spite her. That goes for drinking also. 2 years ago I was drinking about 20 beers and a 750ml bottle of vodka with 2 or 3 vicodine (500's) every night. Now I drink saturday nights and sunday day unless at the river. It's just what I want to do.
With both chewing and drinking I've found my "sweet spot" of what I need to relax and what I needed to remove. Good luck in finding your answer.

Jbb
06-05-2007, 05:03 AM
2 years ago I was drinking about 20 beers and a 750ml bottle of vodka with 2 or 3 vicodine (500's) every night..
Spicoli sez..........I wanna party with you dude!....:D

Cigalert
06-05-2007, 05:39 AM
Aloha Mr. Hand
http://www.tri-sport.com/merchant/1058/images/site/Jeff%20Spicoli%20-%20Chris%20sm.jpg

ahhell
06-05-2007, 05:45 AM
It will give you a pretty smile....http://www.strangepersons.com/images/content/101457.jpg

Thorsinc
06-05-2007, 06:43 AM
I started chewing 12 years ago. I quit for 2 years about 4 years ago. Since I know I can quit cold turkey it makes it more difficult to quit now. I have a baby on the way in about 2 months I've been trying to not have my first nicotine intake for the day until after noon. Well my lack of magic juice has resulted in some insane behavior and mood swings. I now yell at employees a lot more and I like to kick and throw things.
Figure how much you chew per day and sock away that same ammount $ you would spend on a can. The way I look at it I'm spending almost $2 grand a year in chew right now.
But don't quit for a chick or because people are telling you. You have to quit because you want to, it makes it tons easier if it makes sense to you. If you quit for a chick and she bolts or give you crotch rot and you have to go splitso. You'll start chewing again just to spite her. That goes for drinking also. 2 years ago I was drinking about 20 beers and a 750ml bottle of vodka with 2 or 3 vicodine (500's) every night. Now I drink saturday nights and sunday day unless at the river. It's just what I want to do.
With both chewing and drinking I've found my "sweet spot" of what I need to relax and what I needed to remove. Good luck in finding your answer.
Your method of quitting cold turkey is not working for you because you’re chewing again. Took a break, but quit no. For the safety of your employees I’m not try to encourage you to stop :) . Stay in your sweet spot. Congratulations on having a baby (in 2 months).

Ziggy
06-05-2007, 06:58 AM
may as well go out to the yard where your dog just crapped, grab a handfull of long bladed grass and a dash of dog crap, chew on that and then let us know if there's any real difference between that and your cope or skoal.
:)

Havasu_Dreamin
06-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Honestly, never understood the whole smoking or chewing thing. Tried both, years ago, but figured WTF was the point and it KILLS YOU...

Ziggy
06-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Me and my friends tried chew in the 8th grade, snuck some Redman from someone, put a wad in out mouth, and started spitting everywhere. By the time we got to my house all my friends were sick...most puked on my mom's new dichondra lawn...try explaining that.
I high school lots of guys chewed. They'd cleaned up their spitting habits quite a bit, but were half useless since they had to carry a coke can to spit into...I'd do it on occaision, but playing trombone and lip cancer seemed incompatible...
I've heard that they now add fiberglass to the snuff to cut your lip a bit so the nicotene hits the bloodstream a bit faster...nice.
Unless you like the cool brown streaks down the side of your truck...I'd let it go.
Got any bandcamp stories?? :D:D

jdogginla
06-05-2007, 08:14 AM
http://www.entnet.org/healthinfo/tobacco/spit_tobacco.cfm
Do yourself a favor and google the effects of it. This is just one of many.

SHOTKALLIN
06-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Dude man the fock up! If all your co-workers hit the pipe and left crack rocks layin around I guess you would be a follower. WTF??:D

Devil's Advocate
06-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Quit while you're not ahead.

Windy
06-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Woody56...I hope you are reading this thread. :D

Ziggy
06-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Woody56...I hope you are reading this thread. :Dhttp://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

centerhill condor
06-05-2007, 02:43 PM
I picked it up about ten years ago and quit. Chewed one pouch a month for a year and had a friend with mouth/throat cancer...that did it for me.
you choose the behavior you choose the consequences...wouldn't you rather die at the hands of a jealous ex husband or motorcycle wreck. Cancer is not very sexy!

woody56
06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Hey I've been chewing for 17yrs now. I stopped last sunday night and I am going nuts with out it. But I want to quit. And with the help of my friends I will be able to kick this bad habbit. If you have good friends they will help you kick your habbit also.

Ion
06-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I dipped Cope for about 15 years, then had a dentist tell me I had gum recession in my lower front teeth to match that of a 75 year old man. I then had to have a graft cut from the roof of my mouth & stitched into that area of my lower front gums. Nothin' like having a gaping hole in the roof of your mouth for a few weeks! Well...after all healed, within a few months I was dippin' again. Every waking moment that I wasn't eating, I had a dip in. Sometimes didn't even remove it while having an "intimate encounter". One day in Nov. of '98, I just decided I'd had enough and stopped. No more beer or pop cans or disgusting spitoons full 'o chew-juice to kick over, or have friends mistakenly drink, and no more expense of Cope. So far, so good!
Save a few bucks a week, your gums, sense of taste and smell and potential rejection when a chick discovers you have a big wad in your lip when she's wanting to smooch...stop now!
One more 'lil tidbit about Cope and other chew made by UST. Not sure if this is an old wives' tale or not, but for decades it has been rumored that they add finely ground glass to each batch, to cut the gums, making delivery of nicotine much easier to your blood stream. Still wanna dip?