PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on fast 25 Daytona

cruser
06-05-2007, 08:01 AM
A couple of years ago, a 25 Daytona set the speed record for single engine watercraft. I don't remember if this was on Powell or Mead. Does anyone have any info or pictures of this boat? I think it was written up in Hot boat or Poerboats at the time. I have looked at the Powerboat website but it seems their online archive does not go very far back and I did not see a Search option. Thanks for any info you guys have.

BajaMike
06-05-2007, 08:10 AM
This web site says the fastest single engine boat ever tested by Hot Boat magazine was an HTM....
http://directory.boatdesign.net/detail/622.htm

x7734x
06-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Here is a link that talks about 25/26' cats with number 6 drives. The 1998 Cat that was on boat trader is still sitting in All Seasons Marine for sale.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126933

Robbie Racer
06-05-2007, 02:54 PM
A couple of years ago, a 25 Daytona set the speed record for single engine watercraft. I don't remember if this was on Powell or Mead. Does anyone have any info or pictures of this boat? I think it was written up in Hot boat or Poerboats at the time. I have looked at the Powerboat website but it seems their online archive does not go very far back and I did not see a Search option. Thanks for any info you guys have.
I remember reading that article at the time. It was a ultra light layup 25 Daytona with a Paul Phaff motor and IMCO 4X4 drive, I think. The speed was around 144 and change if I remember correctly and I think it was set at Parker or Havasu. It couldn't have been a speed record for a single engine water craft as there are plenty of drag boats that can go way above 144. It might have been the fastest single engine "stern drive" type water craft record.

Havasu Hangin'
06-05-2007, 02:56 PM
It might have been the fastest single engine "stern drive" type water craft record.
Yes.

Bense468
06-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Wasn't that guy on here as rocket man or something like that. i remember reading a long thread about it few years back.

Robbie Racer
06-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Wasn't that guy on here as rocket man or something like that. i remember reading a long thread about it few years back.
Two different Daytona's. Rockit Man had a 26 Daytona (standard lay up but with big power) and tried to break that record. He (Bob Teague driving) came close one winter or early spring day at Parker with a 141.9 mph (if I remember correctly) but wasn't able to better the earlier number. To my knowledge, that 144 mph record still stands for a single engine stern drive type boat. Motor builders these days can make more power than that Phaff motor had, so it's just a matter of time before someone has the resources and the balls to try and break that record again. :D

seanv
06-05-2007, 04:33 PM
that was a hell of a daytona on parker strip :eek: with teague at the wheel and if i remember correctly.... he said the boat had more left on the plate, he just didnt feel safe at that speed on parker.
that had to be a sick, wild, insane ride. parker feels narrow at 65 in a jet.
i know at 118 in my daytona the wind was rough, i can only imagine at 144 :eek:

Hotcobra270
06-05-2007, 04:43 PM
140 mph :eek: :sqeyes: :eek:

seanv
06-05-2007, 04:54 PM
cmon man, dont cheat the man out of 4mph :D