PDA

View Full Version : Best fired-up song...

Froggystyle
06-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Listening to Adam Carolla regularly now. Great morning show with a good format. They have a cool segment that is best/worst songs and then they give a category.
Recently they had a best/worst motivational songs. Bonaduce chose the Rocky theme... Theresa chose Chariot's of Fire and I can't remember what Adam chose. I have my own.
When I was about to hit SEAL training in 1995, I had the world by the balls. I had just met my future wife and had gotten engaged days earlier. I was 23 years old with a late model Corvette that had a Lingenfelter motor and a huge stereo. I was in the best shape I had ever been in (soon to be in much better shape) and I was making rank very,very fast in the Navy. One month earlier, immediately before transferring from my last command on the east coast I had won "Sailor of the Year" for a 2500 person command.
Coming over the Coronado bridge on my way to check in to BUD/s training was a very emotional thing for me. It had taken me two solid years of machinations to get my rate to release me, and I got orders at the last minute.
So, dress blue uniform on, brand new cover, perfectly shined shoes, gorgeous December morning in San Diego I came over the Coronado bridge cranking Bad Religion's "I want to conquer the world" so loud it made my ears ring.
I am of the opinion that never before in the history of music has a song ever had so visceral an impact on a human.
Distant second, I heard this morning. I just bought Tool "10,000 Days" and heard "Jambi" at full volume. Another great rolling, thundering rock epic by Tool and probably the best song I have ever heard to jack you up first thing in the morning...
On my "worst" list has to be the "Starland Vocal Band" crooning "Afternoon Delight", or at the complete other end of the spectrum would be The Doors "The End". I am suprised more people haven't suck-started pistols to that song actually...
How about you guys???

Cigalert
06-05-2007, 08:37 AM
The Refused- "New Noise"
I've never lifted so heavy as when I listen to this particular song.
Plus I have to agree 100% with tool.

RitcheyRch
06-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Was listening to the show earlier this morning from about 5-5:30 when they started doing that, I just put it on at work to get the end of the show.
I like anything by Led Zeppelin.

Jordy
06-05-2007, 08:39 AM
On my "worst" list has to be the "Starland Vocal Band" crooning "Afternoon Delight",
Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight... :D :D :D
http://www.lomblad.net/rob/archives/blogimages/376x140.jpg
Skyrockets in flight... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76k0vQYYROU)

BrendellaJet
06-05-2007, 08:43 AM
"I want to conquer the world"
Give all the idiots a brand new religion!
Awesome song.

Froggystyle
06-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Give all the idiots a brand new religion!
Awesome song.
FYI, it was followed up immediately by "Do what you Want" which is damn near as frenetic...
"So do what you must, do all you can,
Break all the ****ing rules and
Go to Hell with Superman and
Die like a Champion, yah hey!"

yopengo
06-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Listening to Adam Carolla regularly now. Great morning show with a good format. They have a cool segment that is best/worst songs and then they give a category.
Recently they had a best/worst motivational songs. Bonaduce chose the Rocky theme... Theresa chose Chariot's of Fire and I can't remember what Adam chose. I have my own.
When I was about to hit SEAL training in 1995, I had the world by the balls. I had just met my future wife and had gotten engaged days earlier. I was 23 years old with a late model Corvette that had a Lingenfelter motor and a huge stereo. I was in the best shape I had ever been in (soon to be in much better shape) and I was making rank very,very fast in the Navy. One month earlier, immediately before transferring from my last command on the east coast I had won "Sailor of the Year" for a 2500 person command.
Coming over the Coronado bridge on my way to check in to BUD/s training was a very emotional thing for me. It had taken me two solid years of machinations to get my rate to release me, and I got orders at the last minute.
So, dress blue uniform on, brand new cover, perfectly shined shoes, gorgeous December morning in San Diego I came over the Coronado bridge cranking Bad Religion's "I want to conquer the world" so loud it made my ears ring.
I am of the opinion that never before in the history of music has a song ever had so visceral an impact on a human.
Distant second, I heard this morning. I just bought Tool "10,000 Days" and heard "Jambi" at full volume. Another great rolling, thundering rock epic by Tool and probably the best song I have ever heard to jack you up first thing in the morning...
On my "worst" list has to be the "Starland Vocal Band" crooning "Afternoon Delight", or at the complete other end of the spectrum would be The Doors "The End". I am suprised more people haven't suck-started pistols to that song actually...
How about you guys???
Great song!!!

Thorsinc
06-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Collective Soul “Shine” Reminds me of me being in a great place in life, Couple of beers I just might start to cry :cry: . Happy tears! But real men don’t cry so I hold back :cool: .
Rage Against the Machine “Testify” and AC/DC - Thunderstruck
pump me up song.
The Cars – I lost something to a girl with that cassette playing. :)
Metallica, Skid Row, Megadeth, Quiet Riot, GNR, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, and the almighty “AC/DC” – That’s the music I listened to when I knew everything. When I here these songs today, I realize how lucky I am to have made it where I am today. Oh and Oingo Boingo and Love and Rockets but not around my friends and would never have admitted it. Man was I young and dumb.
Captain and Taneal(sp?) Takes me back to when I was 5 years old, chilling with grandpa on the California Delta - great times!
Country – some of it makes me want to jump off a cliff because there no hope for life.

HavaSkank
06-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name of Love
(I guess that speaks volumes about me)
The worse, Id have to go with Rhinestone Cowboy - Glen Campbell or the Barney Theme song

Jbb
06-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Browns favorite.......Tie a yellow ribbon.....:)

HowardFlat
06-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Ive always liked Filter, Hey Man Nice Shot. that song always gets me fired up.

fatboy95
06-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Little Feat "Let It Roll"

djunkie
06-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Tool- AEnima. Even got my license plate to match it. :D :D

dumbandyoung
06-05-2007, 10:42 AM
The Refused- "New Noise"
I've never lifted so heavy as when I listen to this particular song.
Plus I have to agree 100% with tool.
That is an Awesome fockin song!! Shit man. I remember when that came out.
I get pretty pumped up at the gym with Deftones and/or A perfect Circle

Froggystyle
06-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Ive always liked Filter, Hey Man Nice Shot. that song always gets me fired up.
If you have a good size limit on your e-mail, drop me a line and I will send you a Crystal Method/Filter mix that will rock your world. They re-mixed "Trip Like I Do" and it absolutely blows up about halfway through it.

XtrmWakeborder
06-05-2007, 11:31 AM
gimmee shelter- the stones. I have no idea why. Also Phenomenon- Thousand foot krutch

Havasu Hangin'
06-05-2007, 11:33 AM
"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"- Gordon Lightfoot

HavaSkank
06-05-2007, 11:39 AM
"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"- Gordon Lightfoot
HA! I was trying to remember the name of this song for one of the OPPOSITES of a fire-up song. I hear this one and I want to sob :(

Froggystyle
06-05-2007, 11:47 AM
HA! I was trying to remember the name of this song for one of the OPPOSITES of a fire-up song. I hear this one and I want to sob :(
At a Bluegrass festival I attended a couple of years ago a guy got up and started playing the song, but did kind of a spoken word intro to it. He was doing the guitar hook while he talked about how much he loved Gordon Lightfoot's work, and how much he respected his lyrical delivery, but that his songs were just too long, so he condensed the "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" into a shorter version for all of us... then he started playing
"Well the legends abound from the Chippewwa on down,
of the Great lake they call Gitcheegoomee...
The Edmund Fitzgerald they say, set sail on that day,
and a whole bunch of people died, bummer..."
Then he played the guitar outro and that was it! :D

havaduner
06-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Just about anything by GodSmack works for me..
right now, Given Up, by Linkin Park off their new CD really gets me going in the morning.

HavaSkank
06-05-2007, 11:53 AM
That is funny as hell!
It's my Dad's favorite song in the whole world, well, that and "Oh Lord, It's Hard to Be Humble" by Mac Davis.
I would be laughing my ass off, while my dad would threatend to kick the poor dude's ass.

wright27
06-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Korn- Y'all want a single

Racey
06-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Any of the Stone's hits. 'Can you hear me knockin' is one of the most badass songs ever. Zepplin rocks too

Froggystyle
06-05-2007, 12:02 PM
I would be laughing my ass off, while my dad would threatend to kick the poor dude's ass.
The crowd went apeshit... or at least as apeshit as 2,500 hippies are going to go...
If your Dad likes that song a lot, he should listen to Tony Rice, an absolutely phenomenal bluegrass guitar picker (not the one who farced the song). He also has a ton of respect for GL, and covered many of his songs including... never mind... damn near all of them now that I just looked it up... Buy this for your Dad for Fathers Day. I love the album, and Tony Rice is quite a bit better at doing Gordon Lightfoot than Gordon was...
http://www.amazon.com/Sings-Gordon-Lightfoot-Tony-Rice/dp/B0000002OE
Kind of reminds me of Charlie Chaplin entering a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest and coming in third... :D

HowardFlat
06-05-2007, 12:06 PM
If you have a good size limit on your e-mail, drop me a line and I will send you a Crystal Method/Filter mix that will rock your world. They re-mixed "Trip Like I Do" and it absolutely blows up about halfway through it.
Ive got that song and it is great. that version does the trick too.

EXTRMBT
06-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Slipknot "Spit It Out"
Static X "Push It"

Froggystyle
06-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Just listening to "The Disturbed" and will now add "Meaning of Life", "The Game" and "Rise" to the list...
If any of you folks are from Atlanta, you have a teeth-kicking local band called "Stuck Mojo" that is some of the hardest rock I have ever heard.
They have an earlier album called "Rising" with two songs in particular that will make you hurt idiots. One is called "Pipebomb" where they lambast all cowards who practice urban terrorism... some key lyrics...
"I'm another coward on a pointless mission hometown militia.
The silent majority just got louder
No good with words just a fuse and powder.
Justified homicide in my eyes human cost gets my point across.
Few as we are numbers increasing cleaning the streets vigilantes policing!
I'm misguided and weak-minded,
I've got a timer and a pound of C-4.
I sentence you to death, eventhough we never met
I got the Ryder truck loaded.
In the name of liberty there's always casualties
...loading, exploding,
I'm a coward with a pipebomb"
Followed closely on it's heels by "Throw the Switch" about death row inmates...
"Repeat offender, burn that ass to a cinder.
You molester, striking fear and drawing tears.
Scars are deep the innocent you had to cheat.
Capital Punishment should be your favorite treat.
Dead Man Walking Shaved Head Last Prayer No Remorse
4... 3... 2... 1... Throw the Switch!
The grim reaper is gonna be your cheerleader.
You're on the list of the top ten rapists.
Home invasion you need no persuasion.
Doing the crime, to hell with the time."

rvr_d8
06-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Break stuff......Limp Bizkit
never gonna stop.....Rob Zombie
Headstrong..........Trapt
Just to name a few....so many more
Just depends on what your firing up for!

unleashed
06-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Charriots of fire...ur f*cking kidding me??:rolleyes:
Deano
UnleashedhardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
Unleashedmyspace (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)

sorry dog
06-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Good pump up song - Rush "Tom Sawyer"
The worst - anything Eddie Murphy sings

Froggystyle
06-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Good pump up song - Rush "Tom Sawyer"
The worst - anything Eddie Murphy sings
Like "Boogie in the Butt" for example? Or "Buckwheat Sings?"
http://www.thesportshernia.com/basketball/images/buckwheat.jpg

Ivan Dan
06-05-2007, 08:11 PM
One that works well for me is...."Cowboys from Hell" by Pantera

Mrs. 20
06-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Just about anything from System of a Down:D

GAME TIME
06-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Let the bodies hit the floor-Drowning pool:devil:
or if you want to get gangsta...Hit em up-Tupac:D

westair
06-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child (wild one) cranked up in the boat heading up
river ... doesn't get any better!

shueman
06-06-2007, 03:10 AM
Carry That Weight....off the backside of Abbey Road, from the drum part on...
Then the sad The End.... :cool:

NoCal NoBoat
06-06-2007, 07:12 AM
Froggy -
I've been up against it at work lately, so lately it's been Wire Train - "I Will Not Fall" from the Point Break soundtrack.
"and Charles Atlas stands upon the beach, upon his head and says,
I Will Not Fall"...
Great guitars - one stage left, one stage right, and a killer rhythm section in the middle...