PDA

View Full Version : Found this in the backyard this weekend - wow

Steamin' Rice
06-05-2007, 08:45 AM
This is the biggest scorpion I've ever seen - Now I don't know if I should throw it on the grill or make a belt buckle out of it..... :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32284&stc=1&d=1181061895

Jordy
06-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Go for the belt buckle!!! That's a big som'bitch!!! :jawdrop: :eek: :jawdrop:

Liberator TJ1984
06-05-2007, 08:52 AM
clip the stinger off and kep him as a pet :devil:

DILLIGAF
06-05-2007, 08:54 AM
When I first moved into my BHC house I had many that were that big or bigger. Scared the shit out of me but I would catch them and have fun with them while posting here on HB. Only found one in the house but many small ones were in the garage. They were all dead in the garage...thank goodness.
Maybe the one you got is pregnant with babies?
Have you ID it to find out what type it is? It looks like a Bark Scorpion...which are the really bad ones :(

shippingguy
06-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Make sure to wash that container out before you put your leftovers in again:D

2Driver
06-05-2007, 08:58 AM
This is the biggest scorpion I've ever seen - Now I don't know if I should throw it on the grill or make a belt buckle out of it..... :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32284&stc=1&d=1181061895
Pretty big one there. We get a few to over here in Carefree. Havent been bit yet ..... x-fingers

Jordy
06-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Pretty big one there. We get a few to over here in Carefree. Havent been bit yet ..... x-fingers
Hey, you guys could have a competition for the most unique wildlife in the backyard. :idea: :jawdrop: :D
Jordy <----pretty OK living down in the 'burbs.
p.s. I get coyotes from the mountain preserves running down the street from time to time, and have had 1 scorpion in 7 years. Made an example of him and haven't had any others. :)

Hotcobra270
06-05-2007, 09:06 AM
those things scare the sh!t out of me...
Do they try to enter homes? I dont want to kill any animals around my house, but I dont want them around either, especially since I have two dogs..

ChumpChange
06-05-2007, 09:10 AM
As a general rule of scorpions, the smaller the claws, the more poisenous they are. Those claws look pretty small to me. :mad:

Mountainstone
06-05-2007, 09:14 AM
When deployed to Saudi Arabia a few years back, we'd catch scorpions and throw 'em into the freezer until they died (or at least stopped moving). Then we cast 'em in clear Lucite and make paperweights out of em.

2Driver
06-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Hey, you guys could have a competition for the most unique wildlife in the backyard. :idea: :jawdrop: :D :)
No kidding this was just the other weekend. MY son had a buddy over and woke up to these guys wanting breakfast.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32286&stc=1&d=1181063822

Steamin' Rice
06-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Hey, you guys could have a competition for the most unique wildlife in the backyard. :idea: :jawdrop: :D
p.s. I get coyotes from the mountain preserves running down the street from time to time, and have had 1 scorpion in 7 years. Made an example of him and haven't had any others. :)
I tried to make an example out of this guy - He's dead and in front of my house now - Hopefully his buddies will see what happened to him and move to the next house.
A few weeks ago - I saw a coyote eating baby rabbits out of a bush in the neighbor's front yard - I though he was eating mice at first, but then I got a better look at saw that he found some rabbits.
I was out for a run one morning and a hawk flew by me with a snake in it's claws. He was picking away at the snake in the road at first, but when he saw me coming up he grabbed the snake and flew it to the top of a street light to finish eating. Interesting stuff out here.

HocusPocus
06-05-2007, 09:23 AM
No kidding this was just the other weekend. MY son had a buddy over and woke up to these guys wanting breakfast.
don't want to point out the obvious.. but those guys could BE breakfast! :D

dumbandyoung
06-05-2007, 09:29 AM
I was previewing a home yesterday, and found a dead turtle in the back yard. :eek:

DILLIGAF
06-05-2007, 10:13 AM
As a general rule of scorpions, the smaller the claws, the more poisenous they are. Those claws look pretty small to me. :mad:
Looks like the Bark one to me and they are considered life threatening. Google it and see what you get
:jawdrop:

HavaSkank
06-05-2007, 10:21 AM
I had a bear in my trash cans on Sunday night. I stood on my front deck yelling like a lunatic and waving my hands over my head. He just stood there and continued to dine on stale Doritos covered in coffee grinds. I swear it looked like he waved back to me.
By the time I ran back in the house to get my camera my neighbor successfully scared him away. (bastard)

Steamin' Rice
Looks like the Bark one to me and they are considered life threatening. Google it and see what you get
:jawdrop:
They all look about the same to me, but this one was much bigger than any other scorpion I've seen. It might be a desert hairy scorpion -
http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/insects/az1223/#DESERTHAIRYSCORPION

Baja Big Dog
Wanna git rid of them....
Throw a dozen eggs on the sidwalk, they will get real smart real fast!!!

DILLIGAF
06-05-2007, 10:58 AM
They all look about the same to me, but this one was much bigger than any other scorpion I've seen. It might be a desert hairy scorpion -
http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/insects/az1223/#DESERTHAIRYSCORPION
They look a lot like the Bark ones don't they. Maybe that is what I had, especially since a few of them were about as big as yours. However, it could just be a BIG Bark. Treat em all like they are deadly.....
If you have it still throw it in the freezer for a few days and then give it to a Ranger. They use them in school presentations. Also, see if they can ID it for you.

cxr133
06-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Since you moved into ITS Neighborhood, maybe you should take it to an isolated area and let it go???:idea:

cdog
06-05-2007, 11:14 AM
You better watch out for that crazy dog of yours. What's up with the phone tag for the last month? I'll be out there next week. Are you gonna be around?

whiteworks
06-05-2007, 11:31 AM
when I was living in the Yucatan I saw a few of these.
http://www.moorparkcollege.edu/~eatm/images/animals/Scorpion-tn.jpg

Steamin' Rice
06-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Since you moved into ITS Neighborhood, maybe you should take it to an isolated area and let it go???:idea:
Actually, that was the plan but this guy died before I was able to take him to an isolated area away from the house :idea:

shockwavebd
06-05-2007, 11:51 AM
I noticed you didn't get that tape to close......................:eek:

TAF
06-05-2007, 02:40 PM
I get those size scorpions & smaller occasionally (killed small one Sun.) I never have had any in my 5 yr. new house just outside. I saw a Gila Monster strolling down my dirt cul-da-sac but the mtn.lions out my back yard are what keep me from hiking at night. Where's Photochic when you need her? I get lots of Coyotes around my property.
Only seen 2 havelina in my neighborhood but that pic of them in someones driveway is really cool:sqeyes: :D

Magic34
06-05-2007, 02:48 PM
I noticed you didn't get that tape to close......................:eek:
That is what I was thinking... pu$$y :D :D
I have them too, and that is BS to let it go. When you see one with all the fockin babies on the back, you would want it dead too. Get stung once and I would be burning the whole fockin desert trying to destoy them all.
Wait until you find one with about 40 babies on it's back. When you go to kill it they all sactter out of control. No way you can kill them all. You have to spray the hell out of it with bug killer then stomp on the bastards.

Sherpa
06-05-2007, 03:30 PM
That is what I was thinking... pu$$y :D :D
I have them too, and that is BS to let it go. When you see one with all the fockin babies on the back, you would want it dead too. Get stung once and I would be burning the whole fockin desert trying to destoy them all.
Wait until you find one with about 40 babies on it's back. When you go to kill it they all sactter out of control. No way you can kill them all. You have to spray the hell out of it with bug killer then stomp on the bastards.
microwave.................................. ding! all done-!
--Sherpa
as for pigs in his front walkway, I know I could get at least 3 before they
scattered with an ar15, or 1-2 with a 7mm bolt action...............hmm, pork.

Chico&Zeus
06-05-2007, 07:20 PM
have had 1 scorpion in 7 years. Made an example of him and haven't had any others. :)
See...I knew Jordy wasn't just an Internet Tough Guy!!!:D

Forkin' Crazy
06-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Save the snail darters!!!!:idea:
:rolleyes:

Daddy_G
06-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah with the rattlers - you know the "safe poisonous snake and bug community"! Be careful not to damage him! ;)