PDA

View Full Version : My wife travels so I go to San Diego and get in trouble

2Driver
06-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Can't stay away from the Repo Motorcycle auction in San Diego. Even won a Trailer this time along with 3 bikes. Way too much stuff over there. Lots of fun!
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32288&stc=1&d=1181064357

scarabrick2
06-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Please Let me know if your going to sell the Honda. If its street legal/dual sport that is.
Thanks,
Rick

ChumpChange
06-05-2007, 09:32 AM
How much can you get stuff there at the auction?

HocusPocus
06-05-2007, 09:33 AM
do you have a number or website for the place?
thanks.

2Driver
06-05-2007, 09:42 AM
You have to be a dealer (My buddy gets me a bidding number). There were over 1000 bikes of all types, Quads, PWC, Snowmobiles, trailers and a 2002 Playcraft Tritoon with the 225 on the back.
You can still look at stuff online at npauctions.com. Prices are pretty much NADA Wholesale. Little more for clean stuff and a little less for used things. If you think about it NADA gets their data from this place so the are establishing "wholesale". The bikes are also rated and inspected.
I am selling one of the dual sports as my neighbor just backed out after his wife found out about it and nearly skinned him. I am also selling the KLX 300R dirt bike. It has 35 Mi on it. 2 of my friends ride them and they are really a nice machine.

scarabrick2
06-05-2007, 09:44 AM
PM me what you want for the honda. also any info if you could. Does it have a clean and clear title?
Rick

2Driver
06-05-2007, 09:50 AM
PM me what you want for the honda. also any info if you could. Does it have a clean and clear title?
Rick
PM sent, yes they all have clean, perfect titles and no sales tax, at least in AZ. :D
Both are KLR 650 Dual sports

Hotcobra270
06-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Do they sell sport bikes? R1's Gsxr 1000's ?

TOBTEK
06-05-2007, 12:11 PM
THE OLE CYCLE EXPRESS. I remember the days when they were down behind the airport in Elcajon. Bought MANY a bike there when I was with Alba. My buddy Jeff just started there awhile back. Also heard that that Cliff and Andy sold to Penske.....thats the payday right there. Need to get a KTM 450 EXCG from them, and maybe a new sled for snow season;)

2Driver
06-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Do they sell sport bikes? R1's Gsxr 1000's ?
THere is just about everything there, you name it. They auction once a month. Seeing the auction just ended Friday it might be low on bikes. Check npauctions.com Easy site to use.
My buddy Jeff just started there awhile back. Also heard that that Cliff and Andy sold to Penske.....thats the payday right there. ;)
Cool, My buddy's wife manages the place. I am sure they know each other. I have to stay away :) . With my neighbor backing out of the bike I bought him all of a sudden I am in the used bike biz which was not my intention

Ivan Dan
06-05-2007, 02:35 PM
How would one go about getting a dealer license to get into these auctions? Is it the same as a car dealer sales license?

zudnic
06-05-2007, 02:44 PM
How would one go about getting a dealer license to get into these auctions? Is it the same as a car dealer sales license?
Not sure about Arizona, looked at getting a license there but that was in 92/3.California is sort of a pain, weighing the pro's and cons myself currently.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vehindustry/ol/dealer.htm

TOBTEK
06-05-2007, 02:48 PM
dont get a lic. do you know anyone that works at a dealer? pay them 100.00 or so per unit you buy to run it through there shop.....BAM DONE! be a problem solver baby :D

zudnic
06-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I am in the used bike biz which was not my intention
Funny cause I've done this myself a few times. I was in the car biz for a few years. A guy in my Dad's office was looking for a certain kind of car; somehow I ended up with a dealer friend at an auction and owning 4 cars, could'nt resist.................. :)