PDA

View Full Version : Trident

phebus
06-06-2007, 04:18 AM
Wes, very nice review and write up on the Trident in this months Powerboat Magazine.
Congratulations. :D
Also, lots of Desert Storm pics in the mag.

rodnjen
06-06-2007, 07:30 AM
I heard it was going to be in there. I cant' wait to get my F-ing magazine, it seems like the more you anticipate the next issue, the longer it takes.

Havasu1986
06-06-2007, 07:37 AM
I heard it was going to be in there. I cant' wait to get my F-ing magazine, it seems like the more you anticipate the next issue, the longer it takes.
Got mine last week. Good atricles on both Desert Storm and Trident boats. :)

Jordy
06-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Great write up Wes. If they don't start moving out now after that article, I'm not exactly sure what it will take. ;) :D

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Great write up Wes. If they don't start moving out now after that article, I'm not exactly sure what it will take. ;) :D
I'm not counting my chickens, but I am in complete agreement with you. If this doesn't do it... I don't know what will.
In the words of Ned Flanders parents... "We tried nothing, man... and we're out of ideas!" :D
Thanks for the notice folks. Pretty good article I think. They might have focused a little more on the fact that the base price is $99K and it was loaded with options, or the fact that the boat is only $174K retail, not $186K as mentioned, but such is life.
Too bad they didn't pull over 90 though in that weather. They said they had hit 90, but wrote that it was just shy at 89.6... It was really bad weather that day though. There weren't ANY other boats out... including everything else being tested. Everyone put their boats on the trailer, and I sent Bob and Matt out in it. I told them it would eat up that chop and they looked at me like I was crazy.
Both came back grinning from ear to ear though...
C'mon phone.... Ring!!!! :D

WYRD
06-06-2007, 08:04 AM
A stronger economy sure wouldn't hurt! I think that is Tridents biggest road block. Things will change if Wes has the ability to batton down the hatches and ride the storm out.
Congrats on the article Wes:)

OutCole'd
06-06-2007, 08:05 AM
I'm not counting my chickens, but I am in complete agreement with you. If this doesn't do it... I don't know what will.
In the words of Ned Flanders parents... "We tried nothing, man... and we're out of ideas!" :D
Thanks for the notice folks. Pretty good article I think. They might have focused a little more on the fact that the base price is $99K and it was loaded with options, or the fact that the boat is only $174K retail, not $186K as mentioned, but such is life.
Too bad they didn't pull over 90 though in that weather. They said they had hit 90, but wrote that it was just shy at 89.6... It was really bad weather that day though. There weren't ANY other boats out... including everything else being tested. Everyone put their boats on the trailer, and I sent Bob and Matt out in it. I told them it would eat up that chop and they looked at me like I was crazy.
Best of luck Wes, I hope it really takes off now.

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 08:12 AM
A stronger economy sure wouldn't hurt! I think that is Tridents biggest road block. Things will change if Wes has the ability to batton down the hatches and ride the storm out.
Congrats on the article Wes:)
We will make it, but probably not just through pleasure boat stuff. We are working on some military projects right now and exotic carbon/infused work for other industries. I am really thin on folks right now too so I can keep the overhead down as far as possible.
No question this is going to be a lean time for the boat industry, but we look at it as an opportunity to gain market share. Many companies are off by greater than 50%, including Merc, who is down further than that.
I am proud to be many people's "next boat", and we will be here when they are ready to pull the trigger for sure.
Wes

phebus
06-06-2007, 08:13 AM
I think once you get some boats on the water and people can see them, sales will snowball. Whenever the boat is out and people get a chance to see it first hand, and see all the features and build quality they are instantly impressed.

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 08:25 AM
I think once you get some boats on the water and people can see them, sales will snowball. Whenever the boat is out and people get a chance to see it first hand, and see all the features and build quality they are instantly impressed.
Well, I hope so. Robert's boat is getting converted from the twin turbo, dual jet boat that was on the cover of Hot Boat last month to a 625 Ilmor Viper with a Teague/Imco drive right now. It will be done as soon as I get my drive from the guys at Teague. He is a Havasu resident, and I think he will be out on the water quite a bit.
I just got some pics from Indy of the white and red boat... that guy is having a blast! What a reservoir too... Beautiful homes all along it, huge party every weekend. Looks like fun.

Lightning
06-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Can someone post up a copy of the article? I really want to take a look....

That Guy
06-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Have to agree Wes....quality boat and a really nice write-up. Staying power is really important in so many aspects of our lives.....:D I truly believe if you can hang tough for awhile, these boats will really take off....either way, I wish you the best of luck...now come and program my i-pod for me....:D :D

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Can someone post up a copy of the article? I really want to take a look....
I've got a box of them if anyone in SD wants to drop by and get one. I'll even sign it... ;) :D

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Have to agree Wes....quality boat and a really nice write-up. Staying power is really important in so many aspects of our lives.....:D I truly believe if you can hang tough for awhile, these boats will really take off....either way, I wish you the best of luck...now come and program my i-pod for me....:D :D
Check your PM's...
:D

Cole Trickle
06-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Congrats!!
Sounds like a good article I can't wait to check it out.
where would someone buy a powerboat magazine in OC?:)

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Congrats!!
They are at Borders for sure, and I think I have gotten them at Barnes and Nobles before as well...

westair
06-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Congrats!!
Also, where in San Diego? Haven't been able to find one, maybe
subscription only

westair
06-06-2007, 09:28 AM
They are at Borders for sure, and I think I have gotten them at Barnes and Nobles before as well...
Got it, thanks.

Jyruiz
06-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Good luck Wes, that is one heck of a deckboat.

spectras only
06-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Froggy , haven't seen the article yet , but it sounds promising that your day vill come . With the canadian dollar closing on the us dollar , your price range is getting more acceptable here , since boat prices are generally much higher here than in the states . One example is ; Blackfish Marine in Vancouver [ newly appointed Fountain dealer ] is asking 399K cdn for a 2007 38 Fountain with 600's & XR drives . Powerboat Northwest [ Tacoma Wa ] has a 2007 38 Fountain with 700's , #6 drives for $ 317K. Your boat would be very popular in the Okanagan region , where a dealership in Kelowna could handle your product .Okanagan is the jewel of boating in bc ;) .
Big ballers live there [ Kelowna] ;) The boat on the left is a 28 Riva Aquarama .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/puck%20off%20residence.jpg
Huge lake , unlike Havazoo . Lot's of performance boats around. The 'Terminater' has a hideout there somewhere .

ULTRA26 # 1
06-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Wes,
It was a good article. 89.6 or 93 is still extremely good for the power. Powerboat is generally accurate and well respected. Good luck with future sales.
John M

ULTRA26 # 1
06-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Froggy , haven't seen the article yet , but it sounds promising that your day vill come . With the canadian dollar closing on the us dollar , your price range is getting more acceptable here , since boat prices are generally much higher here than in the states . One example is ; Blackfish Marine in Vancouver [ newly appointed Fountain dealer ] is asking 399K cdn for a 2007 38 Fountain with 600's & XR drives . Powerboat Northwest [ Tacoma Wa ] has a 2007 38 Fountain with 700's , #6 drives for $ 317K. Your bot would be very popular in the Okanagan region , where a dealership in Kelowna could handle your product .Okanagan is the jewel of boating in bc ;) .
Big ballers live there [ Kelowna] ;)
Huge lake , unlike Havazoo . Lot's of performance boats around. The 'Terminater' has a hideout there somewhere .
Kinda reminds me of Coeur d' Alene Lake in N ID. I'm headed there with my 26 for the 4th.
John M

spectras only
06-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Kinda reminds me of Coeur d' Alene Lake in N ID. I'm headed there with my 26 for the 4th.
John M
You're heading to Coeur d' Alene or Okanagan Lake ? ;) I'd love to go for a spin in your Ultra , heh !

RiverDave
06-06-2007, 09:49 AM
For those of us that are loyal followers of ***boat and don't subscribe to any other magazines.. ;) :D Can somebody post the article?
RD

Lightning
06-06-2007, 09:51 AM
I went to Barnes and Noble...they still had June on the shelves.

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Froggy , haven't seen the article yet , but it sounds promising that your day vill come . With the canadian dollar closing on the us dollar , your price range is getting more acceptable here , since boat prices are generally much higher here than in the states . One example is ; Blackfish Marine in Vancouver [ newly appointed Fountain dealer ] is asking 399K cdn for a 2007 38 Fountain with 600's & XR drives . Powerboat Northwest [ Tacoma Wa ] has a 2007 38 Fountain with 700's , #6 drives for $ 317K. Your boat would be very popular in the Okanagan region , where a dealership in Kelowna could handle your product .Okanagan is the jewel of boating in bc ;) .
Big ballers live there [ Kelowna] ;) The boat on the left is a 28 Riva Aquarama .
I am trying to get to Kelowna for the 4th week. I heard that "K-Town" really goes off during the summer. The guy who bought my Ducati lives up there and couldn't say enough about how well the boat would be received.
I am also trying to hit Flathead lake in Montana. I have heard great things about that area, and one of my good freinds, Darryl Bassani has a place there and would show me the ropes.

burbanite
06-06-2007, 09:54 AM
I just got some pics from Indy of the white and red boat... that guy is having a blast! What a reservoir too... Beautiful homes all along it, huge party every weekend. Looks like fun.
Post em up Wes, that is my old stomping ground and would love to check out that boat in Indy. Yep, it sure was the party scene. Who is the owner?

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Post em up Wes, that is my old stomping ground and would love to check out that boat in Indy. Yep, it sure was the party scene. Who is the owner?
An Indy car driver named Ricky Treadway. He has a place on Geist Reservoir.

zudnic
06-06-2007, 10:10 AM
I'll second Okanagan Lake as one of the best places for lake boating. I've done at least two trips per summer since 1985. Missed trips the last couple of years though. This is such a great place, my family still vacationed there and we lived on the beach with the vast pacific with un-limited choices for trips compared to a lake.... I'll also second the wealthy area status. My Dad was until recently fairly high up in a certain Vancouver, BC based brokerage firm. When they first opened a Kelowna branch office nobody wanted to work in it, today thats not a problem! Would say something else but that would be just bragging!! :D
Wish you luck in this venture. Growing up around the stock market you become aware of the economy and recession a little more over the average person. 1987 with the market crash my next door neighbor who also worked in my Dad's office still laid out around $75K or so on a new Kazulin (Kavalk). In 1987 dollars for a small custom boat, that was alot of money. My point even in stock market crashes, stock brokers even still have money to lay out on quality toy's!!!!!! My parents still live in Van and you see more new Lambo's flying around downtown Van then you do in Bevery Hills..............

spectras only
06-06-2007, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=zudnic;my Dad's office still laid out around $75K or so on a new Kazulin (Kavalk). In 1987 dollars for a small custom boat, that was alot of money. Lambo's flying around downtown Van then you do in Bevery Hills..............[/QUOTE]
Which model Kavalk ? That's my friend Tony who built those .

zudnic
06-06-2007, 10:16 AM
I am trying to get to Kelowna for the 4th week. I heard that "K-Town" really goes off during the summer. The guy who bought my Ducati lives up there and couldn't say enough about how well the boat would be received.
Yes, "K-Town" does go off during the summer at times. Have a cousin in the RCMP and she's being temporarily stationed with a K-town detachement for the summer....They bring in extra Cops for a reason!!!!!!!

burbanite
06-06-2007, 10:23 AM
An Indy car driver named Ricky Treadway. He has a place on Geist Reservoir.
I know Ricky a little, he is Freds, (of Treadway Racing), son. Fred made his money cleaning up asbestos and the like, also owns a few bars in the Broad Ripple area of Indy. Ricky is actually a commercial pilot and drove mostly midgets.
Still love to see the pics.....:) I bet that boat looks great on Geist.

spectras only
06-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Frogster , stay at the Grand ! Prime location , next to the one of the boatramps .
I stayed there with my boat . Very secure , with a lock to go through to get to the lake .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/mirage%20at%20the%20Grand
The other hotel would be the Eldorado .
Magic has setup dealership in Victoria [ capital of bc ] , another paradise .
Wes , if you come trhough town , give me a holler . I could show you Vancouver from my low baller boat :D
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/vancouver%20winter%205

zudnic
06-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Which model Kavalk ? That's my friend Tony who built those .
The 19 1/2 with bench seat and the really awesome rumble seat. I was present when they delivered it, I loved that boat. Think they launched it at the ferry causeway and beached it right in front of Bob's house. He also looked into buying a cruiser forget the size, he tried getting my Dad to go halfs on that one. They are still on my list as one of my fav's of boats seen in person.........

spectras only
06-06-2007, 10:34 AM
This is one of the older Kavalk's [ Mistral ]
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/kavalk%20mistral%20L%201.jpg
The 29 [ Genesis bought the mold of this one]
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/kavalk29.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/kavalk29d.jpg
This is the last 19 footer , it's at Muskoka Ontario
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/kaz_%20donzis.jpg

zudnic
06-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Last pic is what Bob bought. Have not seen him for a few years, he moved shortly after buying the Kavalk and left the company as well. Last I heard he bought a condo on False Creek, so he may still have the boat...

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 11:10 AM
So this is Vancouver in the background?
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/vancouver%20winter%205

spectras only
06-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Yes ! And the scenery just goes on and on . This is DeepCove , further behind that picture of Vancouver I've posted .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/mirage%20in%20deep%20cove.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Indian%20Arm%204

spectras only
06-06-2007, 11:28 AM
This is at Harrison Lake 60 miles from Vancouver . The poker run is in August there .
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Img_1143.jpg
Some of the 100 boats we had last year >
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/2006%20Harrison%20L%20poker%20run

LHC30Victory
06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Hey Wes, Congrats on the write up...Havent got my copy in the mail (kinda like ***boat Mag :-) ) but could you sign and save me a copy????
Oh, and what about building one with a dual jet pump and a TURBINE!!! Talk about getting the attention of the ballers......

zudnic
06-06-2007, 11:46 AM
So this is Vancouver in the background?
Next time you take these picks, go a little over to the right. Much more interesting scenery at times at one of Vans better beaches!!! :D ;)
Pic look familiar?

spectras only
06-06-2007, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE=zudnic;2604858]Next time you take these picks, go a little over to the right. Much more interesting scenery at times at one of Vans better beaches!!! :D ;)
You mean where the fat bitches hanging out ;) :D .
http://www.wreckbeach.org/

RiverDave
06-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Somebody going to post this article so we can read it?
RD

spectras only
06-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Dave , it's lunch time . Go out and get a copy crikey !:)

zudnic
06-06-2007, 12:13 PM
You mean where the bitches hanging out ;) :D .
http://www.wreckbeach.org/
Yep, never really see much there though....
My pic is from the bridge on the Spirit of Vancouver Island halfway inside Active Pass....

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 01:03 PM
I can't really post the article myself, or I will get in trouble with the mag. I think they take issue with that... ;)
They wouldn't let me re-print it for my update either...

zudnic
06-06-2007, 01:36 PM
I can't really post the article myself, or I will get in trouble with the mag. I think they take issue with that... ;)
They wouldn't let me re-print it for my update either...
Do you think they would get peeved if someone not connected with you does it?

beaverretriever
06-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Wes,
Congrats on the write up. Sweetest deck boat out there. :cool:
Hoping this will definitely bump some sales for you.

Debbolas
06-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Congrats Wes!!
:D

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 02:19 PM
What did everyone think of the ad? We are doing all of them ourselves for now, so I need as much input as I can get!
Page 73 or something...

superdave013
06-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Well, I hope so. Robert's boat is getting converted from the twin turbo, dual jet boat that was on the cover of Hot Boat last month to a 625 Ilmor Viper with a Teague/Imco drive right now. It will be done as soon as I get my drive from the guys at Teague. He is a Havasu resident, and I think he will be out on the water quite a bit.
That's a very small lake. The only thing good about it is it's close to Indy. Tons of lakes in that State. But that one is at the bottom of the heap.

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 02:27 PM
That's a very small lake. The only thing good about it is it's close to Indy. Tons of lakes in that State. But that one is at the bottom of the heap.
I think that living on it tends to make it a nicer place to boat...

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 02:58 PM
C'mon folks... I am doing the new ad right now... What did you think about that one?
Here... I attached it...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32435&stc=1&d=1181170789

RiverDave
06-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Looks good! :)
I'm more of a chicks in bikini's type guy, but this is definately tasteful and shows off the lines of the boat better then other photo's I've seen. :)
Kinda weird to see twin "wakes" (for lack of a better word) behind the boat in the pic where it's coming at you.. Kinda cool, definatley implies a different bottom then everything else out there.
RD

beaverretriever
06-06-2007, 03:04 PM
I said "Goddamn" that thing is sick.
That is probably one of the best photos of your boat. Can't wait for my ride.:D

XtrmWakeborder
06-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Best seating layout period. I think i'll get me a copy.

phebus
06-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Ad looked great. I almost commented on it in my original post.

zudnic
06-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Looks good! :)
I'm more of a chicks in bikini's type guy, but this is definately tasteful and shows off the lines of the boat better then other photo's I've seen. :)
I read magazines letters to editor and surprised that some write in complaining about some ads.... Most are Women and sometimes their opinion matters. :)
I like the ad... I would however make the writting stand out more, might be my lap top screen, tad darker silver maybe. Like simple ads myself....

superdave013
06-06-2007, 03:24 PM
I think that living on it tends to make it a nicer place to boat...
That's the way it is back there. Walk out my dad's front door to see 3 docks, 2 boats on Shore Station lifts and the pontoon. People that boat in the south west are missing out on the fantastic lakes all over the rest of the US.

superdave013
06-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Oh, congrats on the good review. Boat looks great and that ad looks very clean and crisp.

Froggystyle
06-06-2007, 03:36 PM
I read magazines letters to editor and surprised that some write in complaining about some ads.... Most are Women and sometimes their opinion matters. :)
I like the ad... I would however make the writting stand out more, might be my lap top screen, tad darker silver maybe. Like simple ads myself....
The writing is supposed to be really subdued. It is even more subdued on the print ad.
I did a similar thing on my last ad for Powerboat and I ad a guy from Kentucky call me up and say "My legs went numb on the shitter trying to read your ad..."
We have a winner... longer you can keep people on it the better. This one is a step above the last, because the words form a paragraph of sorts, so you can kind of fill in the blanks for what isn't legible...
Phone is quiet however... so maybe we missed the mark. I tell myself every hour that most people still don't have the mag yet... :D

Lightning
06-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Phone is quiet however... so maybe we missed the mark. I tell myself every hour that most people still don't have the mag yet... :D
Wes, the ad looks good. I went to the bookstore and they still have June on the shelves. The ones that are out are probably subscription only, those who buy won't probably get access until later in the month.
For those who get it via subscription, my guess is that most people haven't needed to take a shit since the magazine was delivered, so most have probably not read the magazine yet. Don't worry about the phone ringing, get back to work and the rest will fall into place. Sometimes it's better to just let the boat, magazine and advertising speak for themselves.

burbanite
06-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I agree with this comment and sd qualifies it further with his later posts. Very, very cool to live there but no way in hell would you run a boat like this Trident there and never take it anywhere else. It is way overkill...the lake is tiny.
Having said that, I have been following Wes and his endeavors since the beginning and knowing what I know, I could not possibly find another builder I would rather go with therefore I find it extremely encouraging to see one of his boats so far form California, that in itself bodes well.

zudnic
06-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Look for new Powerboat at local store not out yet. If you do go to K-town, make it around Aug. 8 to 12th even though Peach Fest is in Penticton, the towns are close enough that the area is off the hook around that time.
http://www.peachfest.com/
On your way up, would also be worth it to go boating around Vancouver before or after.
http://www.seegranvilleisland.com/ Bridges or Joe Fortes for lunch watch the latter they like double charging American credit cards in U.S dlrs.. Bet you'd find a buyer just hanging around Granville Island...... :)

Rvr Swpr
06-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Try to work out in-house financing or better yet a lease plan and you will sell boats. That boat is beautiful.

Lightning
06-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Try to work out in-house financing or better yet a lease plan and you will sell boats. That boat is beautiful.
Exactly, peole want to come in and have it all there ready to go. Paperwork, payment options, etc.... Another thing that helps is a separate showroom, not a manufacturing facility and showroom combined. Seems silly, but it puts people in a different frame of mind.

Keith E. Sayre
06-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Congrats Wes! You deserve it. Lots of hard and long hours
by someone dedicated enough to stay on task long after
the average person would have thrown in the towel.
Most people say, if at first you don't succeed, lower your
standards! You kept them high and I say "hats off to you
sir".
Keith Sayre

76ANTHONY
06-07-2007, 10:23 PM
isnt 89.6 in a deckboat, HAULLLLIIIINNNNN azzzzzz??? i went and checked out your website, that boat moves out, and that ramp video is awesome too....:D

burbanite
06-08-2007, 03:13 AM
Congrats Wes! You deserve it. Lots of hard and long hours
by someone dedicated enough to stay on task long after
the average person would have thrown in the towel.
Most people say, if at first you don't succeed, lower your
standards! You kept them high and I say "hats off to you
sir".
Keith Sayre
Amen to this! Wes, you have been an example to lots of people. Your utter refusal to accept second best is the very thing that will guarantee your future and I'm sure that as time goes on the old adage of "the cream rises to the top" will come into play.
Winners are winners for a reason.

rodnjen
06-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Finally got the mag, great write-up and ad. When are they going to put it head to head with other boats with real performnce stats? You have a great story to tell, I can't wait for people to see it in print.
Keep up the great work.

Froggystyle
06-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Finally got the mag, great write-up and ad. When are they going to put it head to head with other boats with real performnce stats? You have a great story to tell, I can't wait for people to see it in print.
Keep up the great work.
They kind of did in this one... we out-ran all of the boats with 625's in the 625 evaluation, but with a 550, 70 gallons of gas and a full stereo. We wanted to bring a 625 to the evaluation but just couldn't get it done in time. Even with the 550, all of the acceleration numbers were jaw dropping. Compare those roll on numbers to the other boats tested with bigger motors... ;)
We are dropping a 625 in Roberts boat right now and are expecting upper 90's with it.
From what Ilmor said, we are the fastest single 550 on the water by 11 miles per hour. That boat runs 93 when you aren't in huge winds, 4' swells and a little heavy. Ricky, the new owner has actually bested that number running close to sea level with it light, but I haven't seen it. Ricky is lighter than me by quite a bit too. When I ran 93, we had anchors, coolers, etc... in the boat with me. Easy to see how they got a bigger number.
What I don't understand is the RPM's they were running for the 89.6. The Ilmor fuel flow data, taken on that run with Teague and Trulio shows 5500 RPM at better than 90. We were also getting 2.14 miles per gallon at that speed. At 80, we were turning 4665 2.67 mpg, and at 50 we get better than 2.81!
That puts it in the "most efficient boat I have ever driven" category for fuel economy. I have never even heard of better than 2 mpg going over 90 in a single engine deckboat. I doubt most go over 1 mpg.
We are starting to market with the mags now, and getting the evaluations under the belt. Hopefully, like was mentioned by Keith and Burbanite the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train.
Thanks everyone for the support. We will be putting out a new update here shortly..
Wes

wsuwrhr
06-08-2007, 08:23 AM
A TRAIN?
You are killing me over here.
Update....about damn time.
.....the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train.
Thanks everyone for the support. We will be putting out a new update here shortly..
Wes

Legal Chemistry
06-08-2007, 09:18 AM
We were also getting 2.14 miles per gallon at that speed <90>. At 80, we were turning 4665 2.67 mpg, and at 50 we get better than 2.81!
Wes
Holy Sh!at :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

zudnic
06-08-2007, 09:45 AM
We are dropping a 625 in Roberts boat right now and are expecting upper 90's with it.
From what Ilmor said, we are the fastest single 550 on the water by 11 miles per hour. That boat runs 93 when you aren't in huge winds, 4' swells and a little heavy. We are starting to market with the mags now, and getting the evaluations under the belt. Hopefully, like was mentioned by Keith and Burbanite the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train.
Wes
With the above performance this looks to be the perfect performance deck for PAC West boating. Seattle, Oregon, and even the BC coastline. Plus the market for most performance boats is fairly virgin territory. I would not consider a deck because non-appeal to me and would'nt take them off lakes. You've got style, legit the only deck that looks good and has the performance it seems that I would feel perfectly comfortable on the Pacific in this area!!! Dang I'm really ticked my parents sold their house, this would be the perfect boat for that place............

kap
06-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Froggystyle:
Congrats on your new offering--it is truly a beautiful boat. I actually was on the red jet version for a quick spin on the river last year.
The ad is nice I would offer more photos and include your website address in the ad. I did not see the website address in the ad--- perhaps a video clip demo--- on the site would be another idea.
The front ramp folding is a unique feature most people who viewed the boat in the magazine were not even aware of this feature until I pointed it out. It is a great feature of the boat that should be emphasized.
Hence, the need for some smaller photos at the bottom to entice the readers into saying---- I want to know more :D .
I am glad you endeavored to perservere, you have an amazing boat.
KAP

Froggystyle
06-08-2007, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE=kap;2609528]Froggystyle:
Congrats on your new offering--it is truly a beautiful boat. I actually was on the red jet version for a quick spin on the river last year.
The ad is nice I would offer more photos and include your website address in the ad. I did not see the website address in the ad--- perhaps a video clip demo--- on the site would be another idea.
The front ramp folding is a unique feature most people who viewed the boat in the magazine were not even aware of this feature until I pointed it out. It is a great feature of the boat that should be emphasized.
Hence, the need for some smaller photos at the bottom to entice the readers into saying---- I want to know more :D .
Great ideas! Hmmmmm.... :idea:
The boat you rode in couldn't be more different than the outdrive. What used to struggle to run over 70 now does so at 4300 RPM and gets 2.5 mpg doing it!
The jet is more "fun" at the lower speeds because it is such a blast to drive with all of that acceleration, but the outdrive just does everything up top so much easier it has quickly risen to the top from a personal preference standpoint.
I am deciding right now whether or not to put a Weismann drive on mine and leave the turbo motor or swap it out to an Ilmor 710.
I can say this for a fact, if I left the turbo motor, we would have the fastest deckboat in the world, by a lot. :D

Daytona100
06-08-2007, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=kap;2609528]Froggystyle:
Great ideas! Hmmmmm.... :idea:
The boat you rode in couldn't be more different than the out drive. What used to struggle to run over 70 now does so at 4300 RPM and gets 2.5 mpg doing it!
The jet is more "fun" at the lower speeds because it is such a blast to drive with all of that acceleration, but the outdrive just does everything up top so much easier it has quickly risen to the top from a personal preference standpoint.
I am deciding right now whether or not to put a Weismann drive on mine and leave the turbo motor or swap it out to an Ilmor 710.
I can say this for a fact, if I left the turbo motor, we would have the fastest deckboat in the world, by a lot. :D
Do it!!!!!!!!! Fastest deck boat in the world has a nice ring to it. Great advertisement to. Great job Wes.:D

kap
06-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Froggy:
One other item to note: Now with a higher top speed the front ramp is even more important.
It will eliminate a great deal of the tunnel effect when the boat is at higher speed by deflecting the wind up front.
I recall talking about doing an I/O configuration however, you were sold on jet propulsion and cited the Mark V jet drive system :D . That system rocks for military application but not for pleasure boating market. You know the engine and drive.
Propulsion Engines 2 x 2285 HP MTU 12V396 TE94 engines
Propulsor 2 x KaMeWa K50S Waterjets
The new drive configuration will sell your product---I believe going with a company such as Ilmor will also help both your company and product. Ilmor should release their new drive by the Fall. You can then get a package deal from Ilmor of drive/motor with ease for future boat sales ;) .
Plus, the Ilmor is naturally aspirated versus having twin turbos easier maintenance a selling point with any potential buyer.
Just some thoughts have a great weekend.
KAP

Froggystyle
06-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Froggy:
One other item to note: Now with a higher top speed the front ramp is even more important.
It will eliminate a great deal of the tunnel effect when the boat is at higher speed by deflecting the wind up front.
I recall talking about doing an I/O configuration however, you were sold on jet propulsion and cited the Mark V jet drive system :D . That system rocks for military application but not for pleasure boating market. You know the engine and drive.
The new drive configuration will sell your product---I believe going with a company such as Ilmor will also help both your company and product. Ilmor should release their new drive by the Fall. You can then get a package deal from Ilmor of drive/motor with ease for future boat sales ;) .
Plus, the Ilmor is naturally aspirated versus having twin turbos easier maintenance a selling point with any potential buyer.
Just some thoughts have a great weekend.
KAP
Thanks for taking the time. I can't wait to see what the future brings.

westair
06-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Went to Borders, Barnes and Noble, about three 7-11's, save-on
all in Carlsbad, nothing. Didn't have anything on boats at all unless your
into sailing.

Froggystyle
06-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Went to Borders, Barnes and Noble, about three 7-11's, save-on
all in Carlsbad, nothing. Didn't have anything on boats at all unless your
into sailing.
PM me your addy... I will send one to you.
Thanks for looking so hard!
Wes

Havasu1986
06-10-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm done reading mine. Pm me and I will send you my magazine. ;)

John.
06-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Froggy, good article and nice pics. have you put a bimini on the boat? and if so, how do you stow it?

westair
06-11-2007, 06:02 AM
PM me your addy... I will send one to you.
Thanks for looking so hard!
Wes
Thanks for the offer, I have one waiting for me in Havasu from a neighbor,
I'll be up there this week.
Thanks also Havasu1986

rodnjen
06-11-2007, 06:51 AM
West Marine also carries them. I had to go there last month when I let my subscription lapse. :mad:

Froggystyle
06-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Froggy, good article and nice pics. have you put a bimini on the boat? and if so, how do you stow it?
Here is a shot of the boat with the bimini up...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/1377-2/9.jpg
And here is one with it stowed...
http://www.tridentboats.com/trident_boats_gallery/d/2214-2/Boat+Two+Delivery002.jpg
I personally hate bimini tops. I think they really destroy the look of the boat, and I don't particularly like shade out at the river, but I am DEFINITELY in the minority. With my old boat, I always managed to "forget it" in the morning before we headed out. Can't do that with this one though.
If you are going to do it, do it right though. It is all 1.25" stainless tubing with stainless ends and sunbrella fabric.