PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a ONE AXLE CAR?

HMF'er
06-06-2007, 05:47 PM
You get a fuel discount. Anyone else know about this?
So I'm filling up the truck today and happen to read this sticker on the pump:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/060507_030.jpg
I figure I qualify for this so after I fill up with 27 gallons, I walk in to claim my rebate. I figure I'll get back a few bucks. I ask the clerk about the rebate and she doesn't know what I'm talking about but leaves in search of the manager. Manager approaches, I ask for the rebate, and she proceeds to tell me that the rebate is for vehicles with less than 2 axles???? I tell her all vehicles have at least 2 axles, but she again tells me it's only for vehicles with one axle. She wasn't argumentative and she walked out to the pump to read the label with me while again insisting its for vehicles with less than two axles. We read the label together, I pointed to my 2 axle truck and politely told her it doesn't have more than two axles. After a short pause, she immediately walked back to the register and hands me $7.04 in cash (that's like a 25 cent/gallon rebate not .08 like the sign says) and I left.

uvindex
06-06-2007, 05:53 PM
You need to get out more. :D
http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/UniCyc.jpg

Cheap Thrills
06-06-2007, 05:54 PM
as long as your 2 axles and less than 26,000 you should qualify if I'm reading correctly.
I bet the price jumps .08c a Gal. there tomorrow.
C.T. :wink:

Havasu Carrera
06-06-2007, 06:29 PM
I got one axel on my truck.
(two spindles no axels in the front)
Which gas pumps are offering this?:D

HMF'er
06-06-2007, 06:39 PM
I got one axel on my truck.
(two spindles no axels in the front)
Which gas pumps are offering this?:D
I wouldn't call it an offer, more of an initial surcharge. It was the Highway 95 Circle K on the north end of LHC.

HMF'er
06-06-2007, 06:41 PM
You need to get out more. :D
http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/UniCyc.jpg
I stand corrected on the existence of 1 axle vehicles. Maybe that gas station manager does know something.

WYRD
06-06-2007, 07:48 PM
So the boat should qualify too right:D

HMF'er
06-06-2007, 08:05 PM
So the boat should qualify too right:D
I thought about that after I left the gas station. I just don't remember if that tax only applies to diesel fuel.

plaster dave
06-06-2007, 08:06 PM
What was the price per gallon? Thx for the info.
You get a fuel discount. Anyone else know about this?
So I'm filling up the truck today and happen to read this sticker on the pump:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/060507_030.jpg
I figure I qualify for this so after I fill up with 27 gallons, I walk in to claim my rebate. I figure I'll get back a few bucks. I ask the clerk about the rebate and she doesn't know what I'm talking about but leaves in search of the manager. Manager approaches, I ask for the rebate, and she proceeds to tell me that the rebate is for vehicles with less than 2 axles???? I tell her all vehicles have at least 2 axles, but she again tells me it's only for vehicles with one axle. She wasn't argumentative and she walked out to the pump to read the label with me while again insisting its for vehicles with less than two axles. We read the label together, I pointed to my 2 axle truck and politely told her it doesn't have more than two axles. After a short pause, she immediately walked back to the register and hands me $7.04 in cash (that's like a 25 cent/gallon rebate not .08 like the sign says) and I left.

HMF'er
06-06-2007, 08:37 PM
What was the price per gallon? Thx for the info.
3.01 for diesel.
2.75 post rebate

Phat Matt
06-06-2007, 09:08 PM
3.01 for diesel.
2.75 post rebate
I am pretty sure you are less than 26,000lbs too.

Baja Big Dog
06-06-2007, 09:29 PM
That is why there are two diff prices at larger dealers that have truck access...such as Pilot, ever notice that the price on the sign out front is different than the price on the pump at the car island...that's why, the trucks are taxed at a higher rate.
Technically its illegal to fill up semi's at car pumps.

voodoomedman
06-07-2007, 05:44 AM
There's a number on there. If you guys really want to know why don't you call and get the straight story.

bocco
06-07-2007, 10:43 AM
It says "more than 2 axles". That means at least 3.

bigblockbill
06-07-2007, 11:32 AM
That is nothing new. Every time I have gone to Havi over the last several years I typically stop at Kingman for diesel fuel... you just go in a sign a little sheet and they give you the .08 discount.

Cole Sanger
06-07-2007, 01:34 PM
That is why I always go to the station out on the freeway south of chandler, az on the 10. Price advertised if for simi's and the pump is always .08 cheaper for the regular trucks.

driverno8
06-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Now I know where I'm getting diesel on Sunday on my way out of town.

Cheap Thrills
06-07-2007, 02:13 PM
There's a number on there. If you guys really want to know why don't you call and get the straight story.
What ? And take all the fun out of getting to discuss it on HB?
Hell, If they did that someone would be putting the pump on a treadmill with the nozzle up Crazy Bitćh's pooper wondering if it could jump the shark err somthing. :D
C.T. :wink:

Screaming Pete
06-07-2007, 02:38 PM
in AZ if you are a light duty truck and have ca plates you always get your .08 rebate if not the attendent pockets the cash, i know thats what happend in yuma,az.