PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass repair warranty...

syke-o
06-07-2007, 02:50 PM
So here is a hypothetical..
lets say some retard smack your boat in a parking lot in havasu in summer of 2004. So you claim it under you insurance and have it fixed my mfg. After getting the boat back, the side where the repair was done (basically port side, where the bulkhead meets the bottom/side), the repair completely comes apart and the boat starts taking on water. After bailing water out and getting it back on the trailer you take the boat back to mfg. to fix it again.
After fixing it again, they proceed to put a screw through the bottom of the boat and u take it out again with the wife, 1 1/2 year old and 3 month old, and take on tons of water from the screw sticking through. So the boat gets taken back again to be fixed.
You take the boat out 2-3 times in 2005, and 2-3 times in 2006. Now the beginning of 2007 you are cleaning it and notice the repair area is again cracking and has a crack the length of the stringer on the bottom. You take it back to the mfg. and they say it isnt under any sort of warranty. They say the typical warranty is only 90 days and you are gonna be shit out of luck.
My question is: Am i crazy for expecting them to fix the botched repair??

Steve 1
06-07-2007, 04:33 PM
"a crack the length of the stringer on the bottom"
Does not sound good something is VERY missing from either in the laminate, internal structure or both.
Basic rules state you put it in while wet or with a grinder when the boat returns to the factory door.

Lefty
06-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Yes you are crazy, you should've demanded a new boat. Sorry to hear that you had this problem.

TRG
06-08-2007, 07:18 PM
So here is a hypothetical..
lets say some retard smack your boat in a parking lot in havasu in summer of 2004. So you claim it under you insurance and have it fixed my mfg. After getting the boat back, the side where the repair was done (basically port side, where the bulkhead meets the bottom/side), the repair completely comes apart and the boat starts taking on water. After bailing water out and getting it back on the trailer you take the boat back to mfg. to fix it again.
After fixing it again, they proceed to put a screw through the bottom of the boat and u take it out again with the wife, 1 1/2 year old and 3 month old, and take on tons of water from the screw sticking through. So the boat gets taken back again to be fixed.
You take the boat out 2-3 times in 2005, and 2-3 times in 2006. Now the beginning of 2007 you are cleaning it and notice the repair area is again cracking and has a crack the length of the stringer on the bottom. You take it back to the mfg. and they say it isnt under any sort of warranty. They say the typical warranty is only 90 days and you are gonna be shit out of luck.
My question is: Am i crazy for expecting them to fix the botched repair??
Have we met?
Todd

syke-o
06-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Have we met?
Todd
i think we might have met before;)still have not heard back yet from dropping it off... waiting for a call to see what they are going to do about it...

TRG
06-11-2007, 08:52 PM
give me a call when you find out what they come up with?...should be interesting!
Todd