PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin/Bullhead golf courses....

AirtimeLavey
06-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Anybody ever play El Rio or the other Desert whatever? I usually play Avi and Laughlin Ranch, but just wondered if the other two are worth trying.

shippingguy
06-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Anybody ever play El Rio or the other Desert whatever? I usually play Avi and Laughlin Ranch, but just wondered if the other two are worth trying.
I have never played Laughlin Ranch, but I have played at El Rio(Awesome Course), Avi (Awesome Course, tons of sand traps) and Desert Lakes (used to be nice, but has gone down a bit. Still decent though.
Mike

AirtimeLavey
06-07-2007, 04:44 PM
I have never played Laughlin Ranch, but I have played at El Rio(Awesome Course), Avi (Awesome Course, tons of sand traps) and Desert Lakes (used to be nice, but has gone down a bit. Still decent though.
Mike
You should try LR sometime. It's def. more challenging than Avi. I go through a few balls on that course. I've played Avi the most, and like it. Glad to hear you liked Rio. I do an annual guy's trip, for 4 days of non-stop athletics/competition; skiing/boarding/golf/v-ball or b-ball/gambling, etc. I'm thinking we'll throw Rio into the mix. Thanks.
Rick

AirtimeLavey
06-07-2007, 05:23 PM
I played Fort Mojave (Avi) on my wedding day. I birdied the first hole and it was all downhill after that. :D
Great way to start the first day of the rest of your life....:D

rmarion
06-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I just completed my annual Golf Tournament at El Rio & Laughlin Ranch. (Last year at Avi & LR).
El Rio, nice course, desert type lay out (LOL), flat, no trees. Probally equal to Avi, less the homes and trees/brush.
Nice course.

shippingguy
06-07-2007, 06:56 PM
I played Fort Mojave (Avi) on my wedding day. I birdied the first hole and it was all downhill after that. :D
It is definitely NOT HARD to find a sand trap on that course:)

shippingguy
06-07-2007, 07:23 PM
I don't think I figured out the course had grass until the 7th hole. :D
Yeah no s#@t. The fun part is the waste areas:eek:

socalmofo
06-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Laughlin Ranch for Sure. Stunning course.

Dan Lorenze
06-07-2007, 11:40 PM
I've played the Mojave course next to the Avi. Had a great time both times.. I think you would enjoy it...

havaduner
06-08-2007, 06:29 AM
I just played El Rio last weekend, they are going to need to put some serious effort into some of their fareways, or they're gonna be bare dirt soon. Its a fun course, but would be #3 on my list, with Laughlin Ranch and the Avi ahead of El Rio. There is another course going in up the hill from El Rio, I think it's on boundry cone rd. Anybody know anything about it?

DILLIGAF
06-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Wish I could help ya out ATL but whenever I am out here golfing just gets treated as an afterthought. I think I am going to start playing some a little later this year though.

shippingguy
06-08-2007, 06:52 AM
I just played El Rio last weekend, they are going to need to put some serious effort into some of their fareways, or they're gonna be bare dirt soon. Its a fun course, but would be #3 on my list, with Laughlin Ranch and the Avi ahead of El Rio. There is another course going in up the hill from El Rio, I think it's on boundry cone rd. Anybody know anything about it?
You are correct about the new course going in, but I do not know the name. It is right outside our developement where our house is (Los Lagos) it looks like it is going to be very nice.

AirtimeLavey
06-08-2007, 09:39 AM
I don't think I figured out the course had grass until the 7th hole. :D
Great. Note to self - buy more balls....:eek:
Wish I could help ya out ATL but whenever I am out here golfing just gets treated as an afterthought. I think I am going to start playing some a little later this year though.
I know, I know....you're too busy BBQing by the pool or out on the boat with the 4 ladies or out on the hog. Whatever....:rolleyes: :D
Just what I want to hear.....that on top of all that misery, you've found a way to mix in golf. I gotta think catching 18 in the morning and lake by afternoon is the way be. I want your life. :D
Be safe this w/e. Wish I was going. :(

rmarion
06-08-2007, 03:57 PM
How'd you do?
my sons team won the 1st day......and my team won the second day.....:D
it took about a month for the heat to wear off............;)
4 player scramble (A,B,C & D players) we had three up and coming PGA wannabes playing......... total of 17 teams.