PDA

View Full Version : People: 1, Politicians: 0

Scarab Jet
06-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Finally... Citizens of this great country won a battle against politicians that wanted to ram this amnesty bill through the congress...
This from Steve Elliot, the president of Grassfire.org:
The Senate just failed to "invoke cloture" on the Bush-Kennedy
amnesty bill for the second time today. The final vote was 45-50.
What does this mean?
We did it! We defeated this round of amnesty!
Since the announcement of this bill a few weeks ago, Grassfire
team members sent over 700,000 petitions and faxes to the Senate. When we
add in the estimated phone calls, contacts by our team
members alone to the Senate far exceeded 1 million!
We have never seen a grassroots response like this -- it was
truly unprecedented .Without grassroots pressure, the Senate
would have passed this bill weeks ago.
On behalf of our entire team, and on behalf of the entire
nation, thank you for taking a stand!
With much appreciation,
Steve Elliott, President
Grassfire.org

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-07-2007, 09:53 PM
hell Ya:d

Trout66
06-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Finally, a victory for the people . It's great that the politicians can't always shove some piece of crap piece of legislation down our throats.
Now let's concentrate on keeping the lawbreakers out and enforcement of the immigration laws already on the books.
Illegals, go home! Bring on the $3 lettuce!

jbone
06-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey, they said this bill wasn't amnesty:idea:
:D :D :D
J

YeLLowBoaT
06-07-2007, 10:16 PM
And $200,000 houses that you paid $500,000 for. ;)
that would mean I could buy a house with out stressing over making the payment... hell yes, bring on the 200k homes that were once 500k.

OverKill
06-07-2007, 10:51 PM
:):) NOW BUILD THAT F**KING WALL ALREADY, AND MAN IT

Outnumbered
06-07-2007, 11:03 PM
:):) NOW BUILD THAT F**KING WALL ALREADY, AND MAN IT
Hell ya...:devil:
http://www.firstdefense.com/html/3D50.jpg

RitcheyRch
06-08-2007, 04:54 AM
Hopefully they dont try and ram rod it through Congress again.

roostwear
06-08-2007, 07:06 AM
Congratulations.... you got Congress to do nothing.

NICE PAIR
06-08-2007, 07:08 AM
It really wasn't that tuff. :D

BrendellaJet
06-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Doing nothing is better than passing that abortion of legislation they were trying to ram down our throats. We have the laws on the books to solve this problem. They just need enforcing.

roostwear
06-08-2007, 07:50 AM
That won't happen and you know it. With as many illegals have had children in this country (american citizens thanks to the 14th amendment), you and I are the minority now. Do you really think the liberals/Democrats/idiots in this country will allow the parents of citizens to be shipped back where they came from? It's so F'ed up now, there's no practical solution. Did I like this "compromise" bill? Hell no. The ONLY good part of it was the provision that everyone come out and pay up. At least THEN we'd know who and how many there are. It's not majority rule in this country any longer, so unless someone comes up with a plan EVERYONE agrees with (yeah, right), the only thing that will be passed is something NOBODY likes.

cdog
06-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Ha HA HA! Ma Duce.....:idea: I got to shoot one last weekend. F'in insane!
We won a battle yesterday. There's still a lot more to do. Those bastards in congress are foaming at the mouth for 20 million more tax payer and votes.

CARLSON-JET
06-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I think I would have titled this thread "Legislative branch: 0, Executive branch: 0"
That seems to be the sum total of what we are recieving from either.

womba
06-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Do you really think the liberals/Democrats/idiots in this country will allow the parents of citizens to be shipped back where they came from?
I read an article last week where this has already happened. Parents were shipped back to Mexico and kids were left here.

OverKill
06-08-2007, 02:44 PM
That won't happen and you know it. With as many illegals have had children in this country (american citizens thanks to the 14th amendment), you and I are the minority now. Do you really think the liberals/Democrats/idiots in this country will allow the parents of citizens to be shipped back where they came from? It's so F'ed up now, there's no practical solution. Did I like this "compromise" bill? Hell no. The ONLY good part of it was the provision that everyone come out and pay up. At least THEN we'd know who and how many there are. It's not majority rule in this country any longer, so unless someone comes up with a plan EVERYONE agrees with (yeah, right), the only thing that will be passed is something NOBODY likes.
You are correct. You must be WHITE if you are saying you and I are the MINORITY. I remember a few years ago the census stated that America is lacking WHITE MALES from the age 23 - 35. But im still the wrong color to collect government benifits, even now that I am disabled.

OverKill
06-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Christ all mighty!!! is that a 50 Cal.? I remember shooting one of those in the Military.