PDA

View Full Version : Warranty question on Escalade

locogringo
06-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Jay,
If I were to suppossedly put headers on a 07 Escalade as well as a HyoerTech programmer and cat back exhaust, would that void the warranty. I am thinking the headers would but not everything else.
Let me know por favor;
D

Daytona100
06-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Jay,
If I were to supposedly put headers on a 07 Escalate as well as a Heartache programmer and cat back exhaust, would that void the warranty. I am thinking the headers would but not everything else.
Let me know por favor;
D
As long as there emission legal and have a EO number. You can call the manufacture and ask. Most of the stuff is legal just double check. You can always pull the program out when you have to go to the dealer.

Jordy
06-08-2007, 05:42 PM
If there ever is a problem they can deny warranty for any modifications, however you can fight the dealer and ultimately the manufacturer on it, and then it's up to them to prove that your mods caused the problem. It all falls under the The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act which is a Federal law that dictates how warranties are handled. ;)
I just took my '02 2500HD in for a problem with my injectors pumping fuel into my crankcase. It's got Gibson exhaust, a K&N cold air intake, 6" lift on 35's and they put all new injectors in it and only charged me for an oil change and fuel filter which it needed anyway. :D

locogringo
06-08-2007, 08:36 PM
thanks for the posts.
Jordy;
I have an aftermarket FIPK from Volant and would also think that a cat-back is within reason. My main concern was the performance Edge programmer and the headers. I was told by several people NOT to do the headers though because they tend to leak after a while leading to all kinds of issues.
Hum...

meaniam
06-09-2007, 06:24 AM
thanks for the posts.
Jordy;
I have an aftermarket FIPK from Volant and would also think that a cat-back is within reason. My main concern was the performance Edge programmer and the headers. I was told by several people NOT to do the headers though because they tend to leak after a while leading to all kinds of issues.
Hum...
the header can void o2 sensors. the programer could void drivetrain as you are changing the factory parameters.
you should have a dealership picked out based on weather they are mod friendly or not. you can see alot of this on the c6 corvette forum. you will learn about mods and what they will void. and you can also learn which mods are dealer friendly. as far as chevy which can do all your repairs

locogringo
06-09-2007, 07:48 PM
the header can void o2 sensors. the programer could void drivetrain as you are changing the factory parameters.
you should have a dealership picked out based on weather they are mod friendly or not. you can see alot of this on the c6 corvette forum. you will learn about mods and what they will void. and you can also learn which mods are dealer friendly. as far as chevy which can do all your repairs
True, true... do you have that C6 website forum dealio?
The thing with the programmer is that you can revert back to factory specs before you go in to the dealership.

PHOTOGLOU
06-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Jay,
If I were to suppossedly put headers on a 07 Escalade as well as a HyoerTech programmer and cat back exhaust, would that void the warranty. I am thinking the headers would but not everything else.
Let me know por favor;
D
It could......whatever you change could have a effect on what GM has designed and the factory warranty states IE if you run bigger tires it could void the trans and/or the brakes warranty.....If the headers cause the motor to run lean and melt a piston Yes the warranty is void On a motor the factory rep would most likely be called out to inspect it..... But if the headers are installed and a timing chain breaks no the motor warranty would not be void.....

meaniam
06-11-2007, 09:29 PM
True, true... do you have that C6 website forum dealio?
The thing with the programmer is that you can revert back to factory specs before you go in to the dealership.
lots of good information. on this site about everything from buying to mods to what happens when you do mod and something breaks. you will also find great prices on parts group purchases.
which dealers to avoid
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/index.php