PDA

View Full Version : Blackberrys

Hallett19
06-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Who is using these things and what does everyone think about them? My brother has one and swears by it. My job is getting very email dependant and I think it would help with my biz.
What is everyones take on it?

Riveratz
06-08-2007, 06:42 AM
Who is using these things and what does everything think about them? My brother has one and swears by it. My job is getting very email dependant and I think it would help with my biz.
Great product, has let me spend a lot more time out of the office but watch out as they are addictive.

Havasu Hangin'
06-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Great product, has let me spend a lot more time out of the office but watch out as they are addictive.
Yes.
It allows me to:
1. Immediately file not-so-important e-mails
2. Immediately answer time-sensitive e-mails
3. Know what I have waiting for me when I open Outlook back at the office
4. Surf ***boat 24/7
:D

lewiville
06-08-2007, 06:53 AM
got the Pearl. Had the Razor POS before and dont know how I lived with out it. Its great to be able to be out of the office ( on appointments WINK< WINK ) and respond to emails.

Dan Lorenze
06-08-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm on my Treo 700 all the time, Texting friends and co-workers or on the Web checking out HB. Pretty nice tool if you ask me.. I think the Blackberry has the edge for emailing, that's why you see so many.. One thing I've noticed is that Blackberrys are very East Coast..

Jyruiz
06-08-2007, 07:05 AM
We issue them to our VP's as well as the Palm Treos. The Palm is a little easier to use, but the BB battery life is above and beyond anything else.

Kokopelli
06-08-2007, 07:13 AM
I have one for work which allows me to answer emails and not get so far behind. I have a one hour commute each way (I'm not driving) so I can get work done. Mine syncs up with our Groupwise network at work.

catman-do
06-08-2007, 07:16 AM
I have one for work and love it. I wouldnt be able to function without it now, being out in the field all day. I used to get calls (4-5 years ago) asking how come I wasnt answering emails. Now, i can get back to them as soon as I leave a broker shop.

sleekcraft137
06-08-2007, 07:17 AM
My blackberry email/data function works great and is a big help day to day. The phone service however SUCKS the BIG ONE!!! The sound is odd and I drop a ton of calls.

riverbound
06-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Pretty much everything everyone has said applies to me. I actually use the Pocket PC now, but will be going to a blackberry very shortly. if you are email dependant the blackberry is the way to go.

Caribbean Jet
06-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Do any of you use the tethering feature for your computers?

Miss Perfect
06-08-2007, 07:25 AM
I had one for work. I loved having access to my email and my outlook calendar, however it was just too big for me. It would not fit in some of my smaller purses and god forbid I have a big ugly purse just to carry a phone. I ended up giving it up just for that reason alone.

bigq
06-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Good business tool we actually run the Blaberry Enterprise server and it works very well. If you want more personal features like a camera, mp3 and such you might want to look at the treo. If you want many for you and employees I would go Blackberry.

mbrown2
06-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Blackberry hands down versus the pocket pc or palm crap...used them all and now we have deployed around 5K in the company...
Better Syncronization (pocket pcs sux at syncing...more of pull relationship), better built in security and encryption, and they can intergrate to internet based emails..as well as exchange and lotus notes....if you are doing a company invest in Blackberry Enterprise Server and integrate to your mail system on the backend...then you have calendar, email and to do's all sync'd via the blackberry and your exchange or notes server.
If you need full keyboard, go with the 8800...very nice with broadband tethering capabilities or if you like sleek and slim go with the Pearl and use the smaller keyboard with the smart text..(I use a Pearl and have used the 8800...i like the small form factor)
Hook either one of these to the new Jawbone Blue Tooth noise cancellation earpiences and be driving in the car and folks on the conference call think you are at your desk....very trick and now I need to try in in the boat..Good luck

mbrown2
06-08-2007, 07:52 AM
If you want more personal features like a camera, mp3 and such you might want to look at the treo. If you want many for you and employees I would go Blackberry.
The Pearl and I think the new 8800 have Mp3 and Camera now built in but we disable both in the company via the BES server just for security reasons...

bigq
06-08-2007, 08:33 AM
The Pearl and I think the new 8800 have Mp3 and Camera now built in but we disable both in the company via the BES server just for security reasons...
You might be right we are still old school 7200 series here:D Love the BES though;)

riverracerx
06-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Everyone at Disney has the Crackberry 8700c. I love mine. Not issued as a leash but I feel it helps me get out of the office earlier to get to my family knowing that I can still answer important emails via the BB.
Also the messenger software is key for talking about someone in a meeting to a colleague without others knowing. ;)
The Google Maps Beta is really cool too! Use it as navigation in the truck as well as finding may way around Toronto when I am traveling on business.

EmpirE231
06-08-2007, 09:06 AM
I have the blackberry pearl... awesome phone... small, light, awesome battery life.... only thing I dont like is that it takes pics.... but doesn't record video :)

Old school Ultra
06-08-2007, 09:24 AM
I was on Nextel and had the Blackberry, Changed to Verizon and got a Treo 700 wx, The TREO eats batteries!! I carry a spare bat, They were both OK,
If I had to choose I would go with the Blackberry...
Thats just my opinion I could be wrong........

Krumbsnatcher
06-08-2007, 09:44 AM
I have the new Blackberry Perl. It is smaller than the razr and the battery life lasts much longer.
You have maps, instant messaging AOL, MSN, YAHOO the features are easy to use and no manual other than a flip page ships with the phone.
Get one you will love it. All your emails, txts, IM's come through one screen, fantastic.
You can do without your laptop all day.:D :D

JetBoatRich
06-08-2007, 02:32 PM
I use mine way to much:eek:

HM
06-08-2007, 02:34 PM
I had one...worked well. I hated it though. Because people knew I had it, they expected me to respond to everything in micro seconds. Best thing I did was chuck that thing.
BTW - I have two blackberries I don't use that are setup for Nextel. Anyone want them cheap?

76ANTHONY
06-08-2007, 02:36 PM
i just got a 100 yard piece of string and a new dixie cup and didnt have to pay shiat for it, but i had to sign another 2 year contract......:D :D

jh4rt
06-08-2007, 09:46 PM
I have a perl. I was thinking about the new Curve today. ???
I'm waiting until the iPhone comes out to make more decisions, but love my blueberry.

RitcheyRch
06-08-2007, 09:52 PM
I was originally thinking about getting a PDA but now really leaning towards a phone with built-in PDA.
I like the iPhone but it isnt available for Sprint. Am leaning towards the Treo 700WX which is Windows OS instead of the older 700P which is Palm OS

Hallett19
06-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Looks like the Blackberry is the way to go. I ordered one today from sprint/nextel. I guess I am not eligible for an upgrade till december, so I told them just to cancel my account, hit me for the 250 and I'll take my number and go get one from cingular and pay the $99 over there and come ahead at the end. They didnt like that so now I got a brand new one for $199 with a $100 mail in rebate, HOME RUN!! :eek:

zudnic
06-08-2007, 10:05 PM
I love my ipaq on Cingular with their Telenav GPS confirms real numbers! :D
My brother has sim HP and he travels to China on business, with Skype he's in phone contact 24/7 even travelling around Asia. Best business tool out because of it.

RitcheyRch
06-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Excellent idea. Might try that tomorrow.
Looks like the Blackberry is the way to go. I ordered one today from sprint/nextel. I guess I am not eligible for an upgrade till december, so I told them just to cancel my account, hit me for the 250 and I'll take my number and go get one from cingular and pay the $99 over there and come ahead at the end. They didnt like that so now I got a brand new one for $199 with a $100 mail in rebate, HOME RUN!! :eek:

Bryan Rose
06-09-2007, 04:18 AM
Who is using these things and what does everyone think about them? My brother has one and swears by it. My job is getting very email dependant and I think it would help with my biz.
CrackBerry is an understatement! I have a pearl and love it because it woeks all over the world! Steep learning curve however....still learn something new every day.
Bryan

THOR
06-09-2007, 05:59 AM
I dont have one for the simple fact that I have a verizon wireless card in my laptop and I can check emails from anywhere and I also desparately need my laptop for quoting in the field. Other than that, I would get one.

Dribble
06-09-2007, 07:20 AM
My work issued me one ltwo weeks ago. I learned that they're not waterproof after dropping it in my pond.

twowheeledfish
06-09-2007, 07:21 AM
The new iPhone is gonna be the way to go.... coming end of June.

RitcheyRch
06-09-2007, 08:23 AM
I wish it was available on Sprint. Right now looks like only available on AT&T.
The new iPhone is gonna be the way to go.... coming end of June.

juicy noodle
06-09-2007, 01:43 PM
My wife and I have the Pearl, and we both love them. Very steep learning curve, but worth the challenge..

TCHB
06-09-2007, 02:14 PM
I use mine everyday and love it. It helps you stay on top issues and the ability to manage your time better.

RitcheyRch
06-09-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm leaning towards the Treo. Now just need to determine if want the Windows or the Palm OS.

Parker Dreamin
06-09-2007, 02:41 PM
I use the Blackberry 8703 through Verizon... love it.