PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks Sucks!

CBadDad
06-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Guess I will not be drinking Starbucks any more.
Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the
troops their brand of coffee.
So, maybe we should not support Starbucks by buying any of their products! I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house.

INSman
06-08-2007, 06:48 AM
That is pretty weak if accurate, but Starbucks will likely not lose anything in the process unless this issue gets some large national media attention.

Dan Lorenze
06-08-2007, 06:49 AM
This has Snopes written all over it... :idea:

Racey
06-08-2007, 06:50 AM
I remember hearing about this a long time ago. Wouldn't surprise me but snopes says its false
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp
Here's what the big man says about starbucks :D
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1326454082877863299

Caljamr
06-08-2007, 06:50 AM
Check www.snopes.com

Jordy
06-08-2007, 06:51 AM
This has Snopes written all over it... :idea:
Yes it does. Snopes is your friend:

Jyruiz
06-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Not true,

Dan Lorenze
06-08-2007, 06:53 AM
Yes it does. Snopes is your friend:
:D
Man, you guys are fast.... I was just at Snopes and found the same thing...
Have a good Friday!

TOBTEK
06-08-2007, 06:53 AM
That is pretty weak if acurate, but Starbucks will likely not lose anything in the process unless this issue gets some large national media attention.
THATS THE KEY.... id need to validate the source before I gave it up.

***boateditor
06-08-2007, 07:05 AM
I say we all boycott Starbucks anyway.

EXTRMBT
06-08-2007, 07:06 AM
I call BS:devil:
Just took a class on Business Ethics. Had to do a project on philanthropy. In fact starbucks and it's partners donate all the coffee the troops drink, anywhere in the world not just the middle east. Next time your in a starbucks ask for the philanthropy and corporate giving brochures if they are not readily available. I told my wife that I won't think twice about dropping $5 @ starbucks because of the troop support:)

piper
06-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Not true at all. There is a Starbuck's at almost all the bigger compounds and Green Bean coffee at the smaller ones. So no way they would not support the war when they are making money off it.

Redwing247
06-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Not true at all. There is a Starbuck's at almost all the bigger compounds and Green Bean coffee at the smaller ones. So no way they would not support the war when they are making money off it.
Sup Piper...when are you going to be back.............???

76ANTHONY
06-08-2007, 07:56 AM
you probably drank your starbucks with your pinky up huh???:D :D

76ANTHONY
06-08-2007, 07:57 AM
Sup Piper...when are you going to be back.............???
hey focker, you still alive??????:D :D
how you been man, hows the family, and hows your boys shoulder doin?

Redwing247
06-08-2007, 08:04 AM
hey focker, you still alive??????:D :D
how you been man, hows the family, and hows your boys shoulder doin?
Doing great, been busy as usual.
Family also doing great, Chris' shoulder healed well, the avatar was him from last week end. Are you going to be out this week end ?

76ANTHONY
06-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Doing great, been busy as usual.
Family also doing great, Chris' shoulder healed well, the avatar was him from last week end. Are you going to be out this week end ?
i thought that was him, awesome dealio glad he healed up. no we are thinkin bout making a trip to havi but we dont know when yet. we wanna go when theres peeps we know out there....speaking of which, hows my titandrivin jewels and her hubby doing???:jawdrop: :D

Redwing247
06-08-2007, 08:14 AM
i thought that was him, awesome dealio glad he healed up. no we are thinkin bout making a trip to havi but we dont know when yet. we wanna go when theres peeps we know out there....speaking of which, hows my titandrivin jewels and her hubby doing???:jawdrop: :D
We're going to be in Havi for the whole week of July 4th (as well as other peeps here). Jewels and Mike will be here the 4th July week on their way to Daytona Fla.

Redwing247
06-08-2007, 08:15 AM
Oh...and Starbucks sux :D

Throttle
06-08-2007, 08:49 AM
wtf, i noticed my coffee was .30 cents more yesterday... they suck...

76ANTHONY
06-08-2007, 08:53 AM
wtf, i noticed my coffee was .30 cents more yesterday... they suck...
THATS JUST CAUSE THEY SAW BALLER WRITTEN ALL OVER YOUR FACE, awwhahaha......:D

76ANTHONY
06-08-2007, 08:54 AM
We're going to be in Havi for the whole week of July 4th (as well as other peeps here). Jewels and Mike will be here the 4th July week on their way to Daytona Fla.
hmmmmm, sounds like a good weekend ta hit it. i'll let you know....
and yes starbucks sucks....:D

Throttle
06-08-2007, 08:56 AM
THATS JUST CAUSE THEY SAW BALLER WRITTEN ALL OVER YOUR FACE, awwhahaha......:D
i had to go out and get some change from my ashtray... :mad:

dumbandyoung
06-08-2007, 08:59 AM
they probably just sent it to avoid a confrontation.

CARLSON-JET
06-08-2007, 09:12 AM
I call BS:devil:
Just took a class on Business Ethics. Had to do a project on philanthropy. In fact starbucks and it's partners donate all the coffee the troops drink, anywhere in the world not just the middle east.:)
So the coffee is free to our troops, but they charge for the cups? :confused: