PDA

View Full Version : Who owns the fastest single outboard on the forums?

beaverretriever
06-08-2007, 11:59 AM
And what is it?
I mean a boat that holds 4 or more people and is not a crazy race specific or some single seater. Not necessarily a family boat, but one that you can go out and spend a day on the river or lake with.
I am talking more along the lines of a DCB22, Elim, Skater 21, Talon22, etc.
Thanks in advance. :)

Froggystyle
06-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Screamin' Pete just sold a Mach 22 with a 300 on it. Probably exactly what you are talking about. Havasu Barney has a 21' Liberator that runs over 100, and Havasu Secret has a 21' Eliminator with a 300...

dumbandyoung
06-08-2007, 12:09 PM
I think Tim (HavasuCarrera) does.;)
I think its a 2 seater though.

lucky
06-08-2007, 12:12 PM
:D hey where is that Uncle toney Caracter

sorry dog
06-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Top speed or quickest?
I don't know about fastest but Wildman used to have a 21' Liberator with 280 twins - said it did 120's.
Wayne Tripp had a STV Euro that was claimed to have hit 130 with a 2.5.
Tom Brown of course is pretty fast with his 150 powered Glastron but it takes special fuel.

sorry dog
06-08-2007, 12:17 PM
I heard he OD'd on nitrous.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-08-2007, 12:26 PM
dcb with a single 300 will run 90-91, low to mid 80's with havasu heat and load. Maybe a little slower on 120 degree days

lucky
06-08-2007, 12:28 PM
This is a total scream and Cry forum :D

Hava Stoker
06-08-2007, 12:52 PM
If you're talking about his Sterling, NOT !!!
(sorry Tim)

RiverDave
06-08-2007, 12:57 PM
I know a 21 Liberator setup right will run right at or slightly over 100 mph with a 300.
I think fastest single engine outboards are going to end up going to the STV's though. A normal layup STV, with seating (arguably) for 4 people can run in the 110's??? Or something like that with a 2.5 Drag motor.
don't quote me on that shit though... I gots no idea? (just what I've heard) I'd ask STV keith if you want specifics.
I drove and road in a light lay up STV with a drag motor on it, and that boat would easily run over a 100 mph... Very easily.
RD

beaverretriever
06-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Yes, I was asking for top speed, not the quickest. Sorry about that.
Just curious how our new boat compared. There is one with a 250xs and 15" offshore mid, Mazco RE4 14.5 x 30 Four blade running over 102. I heard it is now running 104.
I don't think I care as much about running 104 as getting to a 100 a little quicker. I would like to hit that 101 mark.
Is there any DCB22s running the 300xs yet?

Havasu Carrera
06-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Yah well it seats 6!! lol but when I was flying along wfo a few months ago I am pretty sure STV keith got whiplash trying to see who HE just passed. My hair is still facing foreward.(wind from the back) Barney and HS both smoked me pretty easily. Their boats are the most family friendly outboards I have seen. Oh yah and SMOKIN FAST. I say we all get together and rank ALL our boats! 1-50 fastest to slowest. Anyone wanna set a date? IO"S JETS OUTBOARDS all welcome!!!

Havasu Carrera
06-08-2007, 01:21 PM
If you're talking about his Sterling, NOT !!!
(sorry Tim)
OH!! THat was rude!! All I see in your yard is a pontoon with NO motor!! :D
OK and that Stoker in the garage!! But thats cheating!! That things made for going fast! And the driver's CRAZY!!!:D Go sharpen your prop!

mobldj
06-08-2007, 01:24 PM
actually who cares,i just dont get the fun part of going 90 plus on the water ,its like them big engine bass boats,70 plus just to get to the fishing hole quicker...ie how fast do you need to go to get to the sand bar or steamboat to anchor up.........just to chill.just my opinion

mbrown2
Just curious how our new boat compared. There is one with a 250xs and 15" offshore mid, Mazco RE4 14.5 x 30 Four blade running over 102. I heard it is now running 104.
I don't think I care as much about running 104 as getting to a 100 a little quicker. I would like to hit that 101 mark.
Is there any DCB22s running the 300xs yet?
Don't get your hopes up until you have a chance to run the Extreme and dial it in.....I have driven Skater 21's and Lightning 21's with 285's and 300x's....to get to 100 you need to be running light, with no slip, and the weather and water on your side...
The hull being a true tunnel is also not going to be very quick out of the hole, the mod vp center pod daytona's and mach's will beat it on the low end....they will also out turn it....the benefit of the extreme will come in the rough water...it handles it very well for a boat its size and width...my .02.

mbrown2
Is there any DCB22s running the 300xs yet? double post

Water Romper
06-08-2007, 01:25 PM
My Lil 18 foot Carrera can seat 6 (however there is rarely a day when there is over two people in the boat) and it can scoot about 75 mph. Not triple digits but fast enough to get the ol’ heart a pumpin.:D
(I’d post a picture but I am an idiot and after 2 years I still don’t know how):(

STV_Keith
06-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Out West here, I'd have to say UT or Rolands' old boat or maybe something in Rick Gilman's stable would be able to achieve the highest speed. Back East, it's a different story...many more hi-perf single outboard small boats back there.
I agree with Dave as well that the STV's probably have the highest probability of being the ones' going the fastest though. Usually fairly light, good power to weight, etc. The bottoms are almost all the same (only two common different bottoms - the Ski and the Mod VP), although boat weight and power can be all over the map.
As far as country-wide, Michael Dixon holds the top end record as far as I know...while it's not a "lake boat" in the sence that it doesn't have a back seat, heavy layup, big fuel tank, etc, it's the one that could be put to that setup the easiest that is the fastest. 151.5mph on GPS.
http://www.speedcraving.com/stv/misc-pics/rr-running.jpg
Out here, I'm ok with my 109mph rig (for now). :)

moneypit
06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Fast Freddy Has a Nordic Rage with a "Singer Sewing machine" toggle switch that eats dem' fags for lunch. If he wants to race Cigs he runs the inboard and if he wants to chew fat with the shorties he throws the switch (bitch)!:D :D

dumbandyoung
06-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Yah well it seats 6!! lol but when I was flying along wfo a few months ago I am pretty sure STV keith got whiplash trying to see who HE just passed. My hair is still facing foreward.(wind from the back) Barney and HS both smoked me pretty easily. Their boats are the most family friendly outboards I have seen. Oh yah and SMOKIN FAST. I say we all get together and rank ALL our boats! 1-50 fastest to slowest. Anyone wanna set a date? IO"S JETS OUTBOARDS all welcome!!!
1/4 mile race?:D
Tim when you gonna be back up?

beaverretriever
06-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Don't get your hopes up until you have a chance to run the Extreme and dial it in.....I have driven Skater 21's and Lightning 21's with 285's and 300x's....to get to 100 you need to be running light, with no slip, and the weather and water on your side...
The hull being a true tunnel is also not going to be very quick out of the hole, the mod vp center pod daytona's and mach's will beat it on the low end....they will also out turn it....the benefit of the extreme will come in the rough water...it handles it very well for a boat its size and width...my .02.
I just got off the phone with a friend that just bought a Trick. He is running a Bravo with a 300XS. His current #s or a hair over 100 with full tanks (50gal). He is figuring about 104-5 with low fuel and some more prop tuning.

beaverretriever
06-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Damn double post.

Water Romper
06-08-2007, 01:59 PM
My Lil 18 foot Carrera can seat 6 (however there is rarely a day when there is over two people in the boat) and it can scoot about 75 mph. Not triple digits but fast enough to get the ol’ heart a pumpin.:D
(I’d post a picture but I am an idiot and after 2 years I still don’t know how):(
I didn’t realize we were talking high performance boats here…I will bow out of this thread gracefully and take my old boat and go find a cove. :D

Dan Lorenze
06-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Fast Freddy's got them all beat..

spectras only
06-08-2007, 02:38 PM
We had an STV in our poker run group a few years back that did over 110 .
If I did go an outboard , I would get a 20 daycruiser hull like Badblown572's project boat . It could do well over 100 with twin 250 fishing motors :idea: . Who here remembers Mike Avila's 21 Spectra project ? He modified one to outfit it with two 250 offshores ,water ballast up front , reported being capable going 120 :idea: .

Hava Stoker
06-08-2007, 02:47 PM
OK and that Stoker in the garage!! But thats cheating!! That things made for going fast! And the driver's CRAZY!!!:D Go sharpen your prop!
Hey my Stoker can seat 6 too, it's a family boat! In fact we'll be out on the water within the next hour, too bad you can't say the same:D
and yeah i know the pontoon doesn't have a motor, but my neighbor is supposed to hook me up :wink:

FOREVER2DOXIES
06-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Ritcheyrch's (big stick ice pop colored) Stoker seats 7 and can go 80....

RitcheyRch
06-08-2007, 03:08 PM
No where near fast enough to be talked about on here. My buddies 20.1 Stoker with an Evinrude 225 went 96+ at Elsinore last year on GPS with both of us in it and we all know I have a fat ass. He has the light ski race lay-up.
Ritcheyrch's (big stick ice pop colored) Stoker seats 7 and can go 80....

77charger
06-08-2007, 03:09 PM
That would be my guess also.He definitely knows his o/bs,maybe that roland guy too.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-08-2007, 03:15 PM
actually who cares,i just dont get the fun part of going 90 plus on the water ,its like them big engine bass boats,70 plus just to get to the fishing hole quicker...ie how fast do you need to go to get to the sand bar or steamboat to anchor up.........just to chill.just my opinion
Thats why they make more than one kind of boat. People have different idea's on what is enjoyable on the water.

beaverretriever
06-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Different strokes for different folks... Have you ever been 90+ in a boat, especially one with whackers. There is nothing like it. :D

Mountainstone
06-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Yamaha starts shipping their new 350-horse 4-stroke V8 in a couple months. Dunno how heavy it is, but whacker boats are about to get a little faster...

Kim Hanson
06-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Different strokes for different folks... Have you ever been 90+ in a boat, especially one with whackers. There is nothing like it. :D
Fastest I have had my HST is 106 on gps...........( . )( . ).........nothing like a V8 though.....:idea: :D

Tom Brown
06-08-2007, 05:34 PM
I think fastest single engine outboards are going to end up going to the STV's though.
UT sent a lot of STVs home from BBSP with his RapidCraft Riot. In fact, I recall seeing pictures of STVs with 260/280 power lined up on shore and they all went home dissapointed.
I'd love to have an STV but I think they're a half notch down from some of the stuff Mirage has made.
Also, posting numbers up in a forum and going that fast are two different things.

Tom Brown
06-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Yamaha starts shipping their new 350-horse 4-stroke V8 in a couple months. Dunno how heavy it is, but whacker boats are about to get a little faster...
Not with that power.

Havasu Carrera
06-08-2007, 05:41 PM
1/4 mile race?:D
Tim when you gonna be back up?
Tomorrow!! And 1/4 mile all day long!!!! My boat v your new rod!!
For every boat length you beat me by I get one beer out of your ice chest!!!
Oh and that should be enough beer to keep me and my 10 fat buddies FLYing!!!:D

HavasuBarney
06-08-2007, 06:03 PM
That's the real deal right there.
Trick makes a very sweet boat, very hard to compete with their quality of construction. The problem is it's a tunnel, not really the family friendly all around lake boat and not as fast or quick as it's center pod cousins.
I just got off the phone with a friend that just bought a Trick. He is running a Bravo with a 300XS. His current #s or a hair over 100 with full tanks (50gal). He is figuring about 104-5 with low fuel and some more prop tuning.
I doubt those numbers are accurate. Bravo is a great all around prop on set ups like these but scrubs 7-10 mph on my top end.
You really NEED to test run both a tunnel and a center pod with similer power BEFORE spending the money. In my limited experience, I just have not found to many people running single engine tunnels and being happy as a lake boat. It's a great set up for some single purpose rough water running though.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32560&stc=1&d=1181354464

beaverretriever
06-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Trick makes a very sweet boat, very hard to compete with their quality of construction. The problem is it's a tunnel, not really the family friendly all around lake boat and not as fast or quick as it's center pod cousins.
I doubt those numbers are accurate. Bravo is a great all around prop on set ups like these but scrubs 7-10 mph on my top end.
You really NEED to test run both a tunnel and a center pod with similer power BEFORE spending the money. In my limited experience, I just have not found to many people running single engine tunnels and being happy as a lake boat. It's a great set up for some single purpose rough water running though.
To my knowlege, this is a labbed bravo prop, and numbers came via a handheld, indash and radar. The friend I speak up has owned over 30+ boats. He currently owns 3 boats and says that his Trick is his favorite. He was suprised how much fun and how fast it is.
These #s were straight from his mouth not mine so don't hold me to it. I do know that there is more than one Trick running around with a single over a 100mph. Heck on there site, Craigs boat is running 102 with the 250.
Lucky for the wife and I, we don't have a family, and usually will bring maybe two others with us.... Thats why you have friends with giant, fast deck boats... ;) :D

STV_Keith
06-08-2007, 06:34 PM
UT sent a lot of STVs home from BBSP with his RapidCraft Riot. In fact, I recall seeing pictures of STVs with 260/280 power lined up on shore and they all went home dissapointed.
I'd love to have an STV but I think they're a half notch down from some of the stuff Mirage has made.
If we're talking drag racing, I think it just comes down to power and weight with these Mod VP's...top end (what this thread was started about), I don't recall seeing a Mirage or RC over 125 or so?

fatboy95
06-08-2007, 06:35 PM
I hear it's an 800 pounder

Mountainstone
06-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Not with that power.
Too heavy? RPM too low?

sorry dog
06-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Another option in terms of family friendly and fast is the Triad V21 or Allison Grand Sport. A 300 drag with get both around 100 or better.
I rode in a V21 with full interior and stereo with a OMC that Evin Rude did a little bit of stuff to. It was pretty fun...got to 100 pretty quickly.

Xlration Marine
06-09-2007, 02:20 PM
The thread was what, a family boat- single box stock outboard? Then that would be me. I guess I just ended this thread.:D :D :D Sorry boy's.

Tom Brown
06-09-2007, 02:45 PM
The thread was what, a family boat- single box stock outboard? Then that would be me.
The original question was about a 4-seat boat you could run around the river for an afternoon in.
My boat seats 5. It's never been on a river but I would imagine it would run in a river as well as it runs in a lake. ... so maybe it's me.
I guess I just ended this thread.
You haven't ended anything, shown anything, or proven anything. Did you just get here from the bench racer's forum?

LuckyStrike
06-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Where In The Hell ya Been???? You Missed Mem.Day Weekend...Are You Coming over 22-24th Its Havasu Gone To Phx Weekend...You Have To Make It:D :D Call Me

Xlration Marine
06-09-2007, 03:04 PM
The original question was about a 4-seat boat you could run around the river for an afternoon in.
My boat seats 5. It's never been on a river but I would imagine it would run in a river as well as it runs in a lake. ... so maybe it's me.
You haven't ended anything, shown anything, or proven anything. Did you just get here from the bench racer's forum?
LMAO, but having fun with it. My boat did hold more than 5, 2 buckets a bench for 3 and the bow rider area with 2-3 more. It's not a water taxi so I ditched the whole thing put in some big azz back to back with storage and took out the bow seats and it's a big sun deck. So yes it hold my family of 4 and thats all I want. It aint no water taxi baby! Well it was one day, helped some people out, seven on board and 4 coolers.

LuckyStrike
06-09-2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32560&stc=1&d=1181354464
Hey Barney...
You and Mark and Megan.....Come On over for the HAVASU GONE PHX. on Lake Pleasent 22-23-24
Party is on Us this Time:D :D :D

Bow Tie Omega
06-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey Barney...
You and Mark and Megan.....Come On over for the HAVASU GONE PHX. on Lake Pleasent 22-23-24
Party is on Us this Time:D :D :D
Yeah, come on out...Still waiting to hear from you...You never followed up on your public offer from a month ago about my ****ed up gel coat...Figure that :mad:

InspectorLance
06-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Here ya go. 2005 Triad STV Euro with an OMC 3 lt. powerhead built by Al Stoker. 300 + hp. Merc Sportsmaster lower 1.62 gears. Taylor 16" mid. Seats 5
I've only had it out a few tims since the new setup. 109 mph gps. She has alot more in her, but I need bigger balls, and calmer water.
maybe I'll be able to make the BBSP next year.
She's a true lake boat and can run at 7k and 100+ mph till she's out of gas !!!
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/inspectorlance/EURODONEPICTS012.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/inspectorlance/stv302.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/inspectorlance/EURODONEPICTS009.jpg

cityslave906
06-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Uncle Tony has a single seater.

Faceaz
06-15-2007, 05:04 AM
I'd hold out for the e-tec before getting this, eventhough they aren't right around the corner. I've heard there is a prototype running, making a little less than 400hp & I'm sure a lot lighter too.

dicudmore
06-15-2007, 09:00 AM
there is a single outboard STV in Las Vegas that has run 118 :D :D

InspectorLance
06-15-2007, 09:50 AM
there is a single outboard STV in Las Vegas that has run 118 :D :D
Has run, and will run on a daily basis are two different things.
Is this guy running 118 mph with gas, cooler, and passengers ? or rigged for a top end run ?

dicudmore
06-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Has run, and will run on a daily basis are two different things.
Is this guy running 118 mph with gas, cooler, and passengers ? or rigged for a top end run ?
passengers, coolers, gas, big #'s and STV's don't really go together do they??
that # is not far out of his norm...I would venture to say it would run close to it any day of the week...

STV_Keith
06-17-2007, 07:25 PM
It has run 118 on GPS the same way he takes it out with his wife. I believe he was 1-up that time out. It is a 2 seater, inline seating RR.

Riverbass
06-17-2007, 08:06 PM
While fishing tournaments My 2004 champion 196 bass boat with 60gal of gas with full live well and gear. GPS is 86 mph. (If nothing else I will scare the hell out of the fish.) 200 merc with a lot of work and money. My boat is all top end.

InspectorLance
06-17-2007, 10:58 PM
And what is it?
I mean a boat that holds 4 or more people and is not a crazy race specific or some single seater. Not necessarily a family boat, but one that you can go out and spend a day on the river or lake with.
I am talking more along the lines of a DCB22, Elim, Skater 21, Talon22, etc.
Thanks in advance. :)
A 21 Eliminator Daytona may fit your needs the best. They can take ruffer water than an STV , and can still put up 100 + mph # with a good single. A STV is a great boat Especially a EURO, but is limited by water conditions.
Im sure there are some daily driver Euro's, Pro comps, or 4 seat River Rockets that can run 120, with gear and passengers, but they are pretty rare, and they definatly are not running at stock setup. Im happy with the #'s I got, and dont plan on pushing too much further.

hazard
06-18-2007, 05:00 AM
My 21ft 1982 Baker tunnel with a Johnson 225 HO is hitting 96mph on the GPS (with a 32 pitch).
Holds up to 6 and a cooler.

DCBDaytona
06-18-2007, 06:14 AM
I'd like to check out your 21 when it's complete and see how it runs...I'm a little sceptical in terms on the actual "speed" of these newer 21 Skaters being produced...And in terms of speed, I'm referring to the acceleration of these beasts. I know they'll run quicker in a distance race, but will they hang side by side in the 0-80mph race where these sized boats typically run?