PDA

View Full Version : Why the hatred for Paris?

Froggystyle
06-08-2007, 12:33 PM
I see a lot of people on here, and in other sources recently who really, really appear to hate Paris Hilton.
In all sincerity, what has she ever done to deserve this kind of antipathy? Last I checked, she hasn't hurt anyone. She isn't a felon, and she isn't in trouble for molesting kids or something. Her bodyguards aren't having people killed... Hilton's are for the most part nice hotels, and she and her family pay a lot of taxes.
If you hate her, what has she done to you personally to deserve it? If you think you know why so many people seem to hate her, please chime in as well...
I see her becoming some kind of stupid, blond social pariah unfortunately, and I think we could be doing something more with our time and energy.
Since this debacle has started, I haven't understood the upwelling of hate. Perhaps some could explain it to me.

Jordy
06-08-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't get it either. The funny thing is, if everyone stopped paying attention to her, she'd go away. :notam:

bigq
06-08-2007, 12:37 PM
I see a lot of people on here, and in other sources recently who really, really appear to hate Paris Hilton.
In all sincerity, what has she ever done to deserve this kind of antipathy? Last I checked, she hasn't hurt anyone. She isn't a felon, and she isn't in trouble for molesting kids or something. Her bodyguards aren't having people killed... Hilton's are for the most part nice hotels, and she and her family pay a lot of taxes.
If you hate her, what has she done to you personally to deserve it? If you think you know why so many people seem to hate her, please chime in as well...
I see her becoming some kind of stupid, blond social pariah unfortunately, and I think we could be doing something more with our time and energy.
Since this debacle has started, I haven't understood the upwelling of hate. Perhaps some could explain it to me.
To be honest i have no idea why she is even popular,not good looking, comes off kinda dumb? Never saw the sex video though:rolleyes:
She should get the same time in jail as anone else though maybe that is why people are pissed who knows.
There another 3 minutes of my life I can't get back:D

FOREVER2DOXIES
06-08-2007, 12:37 PM
i dont think that anyone "hates" ms hilton. she has not hurt anyone "yet" but after three offenses, there will be more to come if she isnt expected to step up to the plate. i think most of the public is simply sick and tired of people with financial status having the obvious opinion that they are above the law (ie: oj simpson). i think it should be expected that ms hilton take the punsihment given to her with grace and dignity rather than with a smirk on her face, a screaming for mommy behavior pattern, and an attitude of being better than any one else.

78Eliminator
06-08-2007, 12:40 PM
i dont think that anyone "hates" ms hilton. she has not hurt anyone "yet" but after three offenses, there will be more to come if she isnt expected to step up to the plate. i think most of the public is simply sick and tired of people with financial status having the obvious opinion that they are above the law (ie: oj simpson). i think it should be expected that ms hilton take the punsihment given to her with grace and dignity rather than with a smirk on her face, a screaming for mommy behavior pattern, and an attitude of being better than any one else.
Very well put.

ChumpChange
06-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Do you hate Rosie O'Donnel? How about the New York Yankees?
There is no reason....just because. :D

lucky
06-08-2007, 12:41 PM
bitch stole my drink at a club :D

INSman
06-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Because someone that stupid should not have all that money :)

Bense468
06-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Who cares

HM
Was that the Sheep Ranch on the rocks?

Jordy
Hell, Rocky did that to a few people at the Red Room over poker run weekend and we don't hate him, at least not that much. :D :D :D

Baja Big Dog
I dont hate her...Id hit that skinny biatach in a heart beat....:D

Froggystyle
06-08-2007, 12:44 PM
I personally have far more than three offenses. I don't find myself to be much a risk to society however, and I don't think I should be institutionalized to prevent further damage to the population.
Being rich doesn't put you above the law, it puts you in a position to hire a better lawyer than the state has. Which, unfortunately isn't all that tough. I would do the same thing, and I would hock my house to do it if neccessary. I just got a BS ticket in Havasu that I am fighting, and I hired a lawyer to do it. I am not rich, but getting out of the ticket is important to me, and I don't want any questions with regard to it. I might even look for an apology from the Sheriffs, because it was not only unjust, but was nearly definite harassment.
If I had gotten sentenced to 45 days for driving with a suspended license because of my last name, I would have thrown a fit too...

909punk
06-08-2007, 12:45 PM
http://freedvdguide.com/paris.jpg
LOL

topless
06-08-2007, 12:47 PM
I personally have far more than three offenses. I don't find myself to be much a risk to society however, and I don't think I should be institutionalized to prevent further damage to the population.
Being rich doesn't put you above the law, it puts you in a position to hire a better lawyer than the state has. Which, unfortunately isn't all that tough. I would do the same thing, and I would hock my house to do it if neccessary. I just got a BS ticket in Havasu that I am fighting, and I hired a lawyer to do it. I am not rich, but getting out of the ticket is important to me, and I don't want any questions with regard to it. I might even look for an apology from the Sheriffs, because it was not only unjust, but was nearly definite harassment.
If I had gotten sentenced to 45 days for driving with a suspended license because of my last name, I would have thrown a fit too...
That's it, 45 days for you buddy.......and no fortune cookies either.:mad:

2Driver
Because someone that stupid should not have all that money :)
Yep, and anyone publicly displaying I am better than the average person and above the law with that smug attitude draws hate. Personally I would trip her at the top of the stairs.

FOREVER2DOXIES
sad. sad that people cant learn after one.

Froggystyle
LOL
She was just hitting the high note of Richard Stamos' version of "loving you"
:D

MBMOSEBILT
06-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Some people get treated better than others. No one said life is fair, nor does it mean that some one else doesn't get all the breaks. She may not be perfect but who cares. All people should be punished for a crime but its a waist of time when a judge stops all his preceedings for one person. Pay no attention to her and only to yourself.

Lavey5150
06-08-2007, 12:55 PM
We hate her because we want to hit it but can't cause she's in jail now.......:eek:

IMPATIENT 1
06-08-2007, 12:57 PM
i don't hate her, just how she acts. i've got a 11yr old daughter that thinks paris is cool, which drives me up the __cking wall:mad: i just want some positive role models for my princess, not chicks who are famous for being drunk,rich, sluts;)

MR HARLEY
06-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Did you forget she also violated her probation, but thats nothing right? :p
Personally I love Paris, but if you break the law or violate your probationary terms you deserve what you get, no matter who you are. :)

Froggystyle
06-08-2007, 12:58 PM
sad. sad that people cant learn after one.
Well, I tow a boat a lot, and 55 mph puts me to sleep. I also play loud music at my house during band practice, park one of several vehicles in front of my house for greater than 72 hours when, as a SEAL, I was gone for a week or more. I have gotten naked on a beach, brought alcohol on a beach after dark, played music on a beach after 10:00 pm, driven with no front license plate, had 3" exhaust on a 440 Roadrunner, taken the cat off of a Mustang, not worn a seatbelt, done donuts on a field on a Navy base, you name it. I am no angel.
I have lightened up nearly completely, and most of that stuff was 12 years ago now.. except the donuts on the Navy base thing... ;) And the music on the beach, and the alcohol...
Aw hell... so maybe I haven't lightened up much... but I certainly don't need incarceration.
The lessons that I have learned are predominently how to get away with infractions better. When to speed, when not to speed. When I can haul ass, where the cops hang out. Which beaches I can play music all night on, which I can't. You get the picture.
I think jail is for people who are dangerous to society... not rich heiresses who failed to appear in court because they didn't open their mail.

Froggystyle
06-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Did you forget she also violated her probation, but thats nothing right? :p
Personally I love Paris, but if you break the law or violate your probationary terms you deserve what you get, no matter who you are. :)
People keep saying that, but what specifically did she do to violate probation? I am no expert, but I believe she drove on a suspended license.

Froggystyle
06-08-2007, 01:01 PM
i just want some positive role models for my princess, not chicks who are famous for being drunk,rich, sluts;)
Those things you are looking for are called "parents", and it isn't an easy job. Part of it is explaining that people like Paris are not role models. Neither is Kobe Bryant, Puff Daddy, Eminem, Pink, Rosie O'Donnell or Tom Cruise.

Cole Trickle
06-08-2007, 01:09 PM
I honestly could care less.
She is too skinny and has huge feet so she isn't my type.:D
On second thought I have hated her ever since I saw her scratch the front facsia on her Black Ferrari 360 Spyder (Equipped with HRE's) pulling into a driveway before stalling 5X and backing into a trash can.
If it wasn't for the Ferrari incident I wouldn't be that pissed;):mad: :devil: :eek:

MR HARLEY
06-08-2007, 01:11 PM
People keep saying that, but what specifically did she do to violate probation? I am no expert, but I believe she drove on a suspended license.
Me either (Law Expert)
I think that would be true though, she violated probabtion by driving on a suspended liscense. If that is one of the stipulations of her probation is to not drive and she is caught doing so, then she is in violation. If I recall you cant do anything when your on Probation.
However when you violate your probation, it shows the courts you really dont care about what they have handed down to you and generally throw the book at ya.

mbrown2
06-08-2007, 01:12 PM
I don't get it either. The funny thing is, if everyone stopped paying attention to her, she'd go away. :notam:
Exactly, I am more concerned about the folks posting either love or hate for her.....why even spend moment thinking about her....some folks need a life...and without their interest she would go away and not be on the news and newstands...

djunkie
06-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm just pissed that she hasn't let me put it in her butt yet. :D :D

Froggystyle
06-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Exactly, I am more concerned about the folks posting either love or hate for her.....why even spend moment thinking about her....some folks need a life...and without their interest she would go away and not be on the news and newstands...
I guess for me it is a matter of enlightened observation more than anything else. While I could care less about the Kings, Lakers or Clippers, I find the hatred, the love and the concern far more than entertaining. It is fun seeing people just so fired up over stuff like this, and I can't help but tune in to the circus... even if I don't care what is going on under the tent.
It always seems like the same people who can "hate the Lakers" or Raiders or whatever are the type hating Paris...
I find that interesting...

zudnic
06-08-2007, 01:23 PM
She plead guilty on reckless driving over DUI I believe. She was ordered to attend addiction class/treatment and 90 days license suspension. She did'nt do the classes and thought her license was clear auto after 90 days. Lots of people dont realize you have to prove you've complied with the courts probation with the motor vehicles dept. Hence why this misdeam seldom results in jail time for the average person.
I think the Judge decided to use Paris and her celeb status as an example because if you go to any Disctrict courts in the U.S; lots of these driving while suspended charges. I'd bet the parents and Paris speaking out was because their lawyers I'm guessing sold them on punishment for this offense is 99% treated lightly.

mbrown2
06-08-2007, 01:33 PM
I guess for me it is a matter of enlightened observation more than anything else. While I could care less about the Kings, Lakers or Clippers, I find the hatred, the love and the concern far more than entertaining. It is fun seeing people just so fired up over stuff like this, and I can't help but tune in to the circus... even if I don't care what is going on under the tent.
It always seems like the same people who can "hate the Lakers" or Raiders or whatever are the type hating Paris...
I actually found this thread interesting as it is questioning the human character towards her....but I just can't think to post on the others where folks are hating or loving her.....It's my belief that her fame is fed/fueled by us and no one else....if we did not care she would not be famous...
Sports is a different story...just guy stuff that started on the playground as kids but this Paris stuff is bringing out the "VIEW" in all the ***boat men and women......nah I will pass :)

justfloatn
06-08-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't hate Paris
I HATE THE FOCKING MEDIA for not giving us anything better to discuss!!:mad:

HM
06-08-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm just pissed that she hasn't let me put it in her butt yet. :D :D
I heard that very few people get in the back door at the Paris Hilton...I heard you had to be family? :jawdrop:

HM
06-08-2007, 01:59 PM
So, you are enlightened by watching retarded people argue? I guess we all have to start somewhere on the enlightenment ladder...I just didn't realize that the ladder started below ground level. :D

Froggystyle
06-08-2007, 02:00 PM
I actually found this thread interesting as it is questioning the human character towards her....but I just can't think to post on the others where folks are hating or loving her.....It's my belief that her fame is fed/fueled by us and no one else....if we did not care she would not be famous...
Sports is a different story...just guy stuff that started on the playground as kids but this Paris stuff is bringing out the "VIEW" in all the ***boat men and women......nah I will pass :)
Yeah, I am with you. I wasn't into the sports stuff back on the playground either though... :D
I guess from an intellectual level, I am attracted to the polarization.

Schiada76
06-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Hatred? No. Disgust and revulsion, yes.
I think it's a reaction to the complete lack of class in Hollywood or the "celebrity" class and our current culture in general that MSM foists upon us.
On D-Day my wife and I watched a special on TLC about four wounded vets that made me cry like a little girl. Real people with real hardship, real hell in their lives. We both commented on how MSM would never even think of running a show like that. They're all about a fat drug addict ***** taking an O.D. or a rich slutty skank without a brain in her head.
It's a sad comment on how our once great country has sunk into the toilet.

eliminatedsprinter
06-08-2007, 02:07 PM
I only hate her because she won't stop calling me at night!!:rolleyes:

spectras only
06-08-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't hate Paris , but for fock's sake she isn't attractive at all . Hope she'll earn more money from the media after this hoopla ,to put it towards a nose job ;) :D . Way too much time spent on her by the media already :rolleyes:

djunkie
06-08-2007, 02:10 PM
I heard that very few people get in the back door at the Paris Hilton...I heard you had to be family? :jawdrop:
:jawdrop: :D :D

LaveyOne
06-08-2007, 02:13 PM
LOL
http://70slivekidvid.com/bcr/horhwitchie.jpg
:idea: :jawdrop: :devil: :D

FOREVER2DOXIES
06-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, I tow a boat a lot, and 55 mph puts me to sleep. I also play loud music at my house during band practice, park one of several vehicles in front of my house for greater than 72 hours when, as a SEAL, I was gone for a week or more. I have gotten naked on a beach, brought alcohol on a beach after dark, played music on a beach after 10:00 pm, driven with no front license plate, had 3" exhaust on a 440 Roadrunner, taken the cat off of a Mustang, not worn a seatbelt, done donuts on a field on a Navy base, you name it. I am no angel.
I have lightened up nearly completely, and most of that stuff was 12 years ago now.. except the donuts on the Navy base thing... ;) And the music on the beach, and the alcohol...
Aw hell... so maybe I haven't lightened up much... but I certainly don't need incarceration.
The lessons that I have learned are predominently how to get away with infractions better. When to speed, when not to speed. When I can haul ass, where the cops hang out. Which beaches I can play music all night on, which I can't. You get the picture.
I think jail is for people who are dangerous to society... not rich heiresses who failed to appear in court because they didn't open their mail.
ok...so you are basically saying you havent learned anything of significance :eek: and maybe whatever you did wrong <and you listed a lot :D > wasnt anything in the "three times a charm scheme of things. maybe you got lucky and maybe your luck will very soon run out....
either way....this little heiress didnt just forget to open her mail. and now you have me wondering: do you ever watch the news!!??

Baja Big Dog
06-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Because she's a spitter!!!!:o

ratso
06-08-2007, 03:35 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PFa4-_q0S-A

Boatcop
06-08-2007, 03:43 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PFa4-_q0S-A
I think this one better describes her.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cvGbDuNf0y4&mode=related&search=

Froggystyle
06-08-2007, 03:45 PM
and now you have me wondering: do you ever watch the news!!??
Seriously, no. I am always at work, or the river. I listen to talk radio, and get what I can from the Economist. That is it.
Nothing else seems credible to me at all. Even the Economist is pretty well skewed these days. I also get a magazine called "Fast Company" that is pretty topical and pertinent.
If I watch TV, it is for "24", Discovery HD, Science Channel or History channel. Nothing else goes on the tube.

Jordy
06-08-2007, 03:59 PM
So the thing I don't get is why Paris is catching all the heat on this deal when it was THE SHERIFF that let her out. Not like she escaped. She had whatever "health" thing she had going on and he decided to let her go. Granted, I wouldn't put up a fight either if I was given the choice between jail and house arrest, but it seems to me that Baca should be sitting right in the cell next to her as he's the one who defied the judge's order. :idea:
Then again, I can guarantee I'm still not going to lose any sleep over it again tonight. ;)

HM
06-08-2007, 04:07 PM
I think this one better describes her.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cvGbDuNf0y4&mode=related&search=
I thought that was Kim Hanson's theme song??:confused: :confused: :confused:
Weird Al did a version for Lucky called "Lamb Eater" :D

77charger
06-08-2007, 04:18 PM
"Mr Baca this is rick hilton how much of a donation you need for re election"
LB "well rick i think we can arrange something i might have a plan"
RH"well let me know make it quick we want a party for paris this weekend"
LB"No problem she can be excused for a medical reason"
RH"thank you tell me how much and i'll have it sent to your campaign"
Judge "wtf just happened why was she released and why didnt i know about it"
Sheriffs dpt"she had a medical prob"
Judge"well we will have a hearing tomorrow mrn"
We all know the result now.Although i like that the judge sentenced her to make her like everyone else since a celeb can do a crime but with no time hope this sets an example to all the others.
But i do agree the sentence is harsh I really think 5 days in the pen for her would be more than enough based on her lifestlye.Hell i spent 24 hrs in parker jail and all i can say was that it was very boring(spent in holding tank no free time,nothing to do,no reading paper,more like solitary confinement,etc)actually about 20 hrs the rest on the chair in their lobby.But imo better than going into general population.I honestly cant thank of how an avg person can adapt i hear it takes at least a week to set in that you are in for a long time.I dont plan on going back no more lesson learned dealt with it!
But since they thought money could buy an out now 45 days might make them think again.And hope all celebs and famous get to visit this court next time around.

MIGHTY MAC
06-08-2007, 04:23 PM
SHE IS A DANGER TO SOCIETY!WHAT IF SE WAS DRIVING DRUNK ON A SUSPENDED LICENSE AGAIN.HAS AN RECK WITH U AND YOUR LITTLE GRIL
AND YOUR LITTLE GRIL IS CRITLCALLY INJURED.HOW WOULD YOU FILL THEN?
DO THE CRIME ! DO THE TIME !

HM
06-08-2007, 04:26 PM
SHE IS A DANGER TO SOCIETY!WHAT IF SE WAS DRIVING DRUNK ON A SUSPENDED LICENSE AGAIN.HAS AN RECK WITH U AND YOUR LITTLE GRIL
I am not one of the spelling nazis on this site, but that post is just plain fooked up!!! The school that graduated you should do time!!!

wsuwrhr
06-08-2007, 04:29 PM
wow
I had to read through it a few times to deceifer that post
Brian

superdave013
06-08-2007, 04:41 PM
I know a guy that got 30 days for the same thing. It was a few years ago. He also got out early. He sat for 15 days in the clink.

Blown 472
06-08-2007, 06:37 PM
you live right on the edge:D :D
Why do you like her? what has she done for you?

TCHB
06-08-2007, 06:56 PM
How much money and manpower have we wasted. She will get treated with kid gloves where ever she goes. Here name alone will give her special treatment in every aspect of life. That is the way it has been and will be in the future. TV ratings love this!

SB
06-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Well who wouldn't want to be young, beautiful, and rich?
I don't hate her, but I am tired of hearing about her.
Our country is falling apart, but no one wants to hear it, I guess her latest outrage is our escape.

FreshTracks
06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
All I have to say is, watch the South Park episode on her.
F-ING CLASSIC and right on the money.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer was apparently unmoved by the pleas of Hilton's lawyers to send her back to home confinement because of an unspecified medical condition. He ordered Hilton returned to a Los Angeles County jail to serve the rest of her 45-day sentence for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.
she is a piece of work. She thought she would be able to cry herself out of trouble and it back fired. she deserves the time. She is trying to make everyone believe she didn't know about her lic. being suspended. I say BS.. she was confronted by the media about it as she was getting in her car to drive. :rolleyes: she got caught three times.. How much does she actually think she can get away with. If it was any normal person nobody would blink an eye about it.
she gives a new definition to dumb blonde.:jawdrop: :D

BadKachina
06-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Who's paris????:confused:

meaniam
06-09-2007, 05:03 AM
wasnt what first started this whole mess a dui. thank god she was stopped before she hurt or killed someone. and if she was cuaght drinkin while under influance. im sure she did it before just didnt get cuaght.
i dont hate her cuase she thinks she is above the law. and she plays on a diffrent field. just pissed the law is bias. and glad there is a fix. i dont even care she was let out. it is the whining bitching and moaning i find funny here.

meaniam
06-09-2007, 05:22 AM
you freaking rebel. you are a real badass:eek: :D j/k
The lessons that I have learned are predominently how to get away with infractions better. When to speed, when not to speed. When I can haul ass, where the cops hang out. Which beaches I can play music all night on, which I can't. You get the picture.QUOTE]
her lesson will be to listen to the judge next time when he cuts you a break. 45 suspended down to 21. good behavior. go to jail first. out of 21 she may have served 10-15 due to so called crowding. i once had summary probation. involving suspended lic. if i slipped up 3 years was what they said i would get. all for driving on suspended lic to many times.
QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Froggystyle;2609935]I think jail is for people who are dangerous to society... not rich heiresses who failed to appear in court because they didn't open their mail.
or read the paper or watch tv listen to radio or listen to the assistant. there needs to be responsibilty. driving on suspended is no reason to go to jail. niether is your first dui. we all make mistakes. but the court system felt like she had an attuide of im better then you. and the court knocked her off her high horse.:jawdrop:

No Name
06-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Bad Girls, Bad Girls, Whatcha Gonna Do? Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come For You? :D :D

XFactor
06-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Driving drunk isn't dangerous to society????? :confused:

topless
06-09-2007, 08:29 AM
she was cuaght drinkin while under influance.
OK. LOL I think everyone has been caught drinking under the influence.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-09-2007, 08:30 AM
:jawdrop: Nope.. I'm a good girl.:D

ratso
06-09-2007, 08:32 AM
LMAO...:D

jojoteez
06-09-2007, 10:20 AM
No hatred here...everyone makes mistakes...but you have to pay for it some way or another.

RP2
06-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Those things you are looking for are called "parents", and it isn't an easy job. Part of it is explaining that people like Paris are not role models. Neither is Kobe Bryant, Puff Daddy, Eminem, Pink, Rosie O'Donnell or Tom Cruise.
Spoken well from a non-parent:)

Liquid Courage
06-09-2007, 01:52 PM
To answer the original question....Have you ever seen the videos of her (not the porns) when she doesn't know she's being filmed? She's an azzhole, period.
People hate her because she thinks she's better than everyone else. People are also sick of celebrities and the rich getting special treatment because they have money. All the money in the world can't make her a better person. Her true personality comes out when she doesn't know the cameras are rolling.
I personally believe people in the spotlight (sports, actors, etc.) should be held to a higher standard and behave in a manner that does not show the youth in this country that it's ok to act however you want just becasue you have money and fame.
Thats my .02

Throttle
06-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I use it seldom...
however, maybe if she did anything for herself to have everything she has... I would have some respect for her...

Thorsinc
06-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Forggystyle
You had my vote for president one day until I just learned about your criminal activities; I could over look everything, but the naked part on the beach - TMI:eek: . Just think of the parties at the White House that could have been. :)
The great thing is when Paris gets this behind her, she will publish a book about it and make millions over it. Good Luck Paris!
If anyone gets a chance to talk to Paris, tell her the reason I dumped her is because I am getting back with Britney Spears. She goanna make a come back and really needs my support right now.

YeLLowBoaT
06-09-2007, 03:20 PM
To answer the original question....Have you ever seen the videos of her (not the porns) when she doesn't know she's being filmed? She's an azzhole, period.
People hate her because she thinks she's better than everyone else. People are also sick of celebrities and the rich getting special treatment because they have money. All the money in the world can't make her a better person. Her true personality comes out when she doesn't know the cameras are rolling.
I personally believe people in the spotlight (sports, actors, etc.) should be held to a higher standard and behave in a manner that does not show the youth in this country that it's ok to act however you want just becasue you have money and fame.
Thats my .02
I agree, same with public servents...