PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Commemorative Coin

Her454
06-08-2007, 05:54 PM
So do they still have the Havasu Commemorative gold coins from the opening of the London Bridge? I was going through my stuff today and found them. I thought I had lost them years ago but I have two of them, still in the plastic case from the opening celebration. Are they worth anything other than memories and can you still get them?

Mandelon
06-08-2007, 06:02 PM
I'll give you something for it. :devil:

wsuwrhr
06-08-2007, 06:03 PM
So do they still have the Havasu Commemorative gold coins from the opening of the London Bridge? I was going through my stuff today and found them. I thought I had lost them years ago but I have two of them, still in the plastic case from the opening celebration. Are they worth anything other than memories and can you still get them?
Trade you for a speeding ticket...

Her454
06-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Trade you for a speeding ticket...
Appreciate the thought Brian, but Im SURE that any one of my own speeding tickets could top anything you could possibly come up with. :D

Mandelon
06-08-2007, 06:14 PM
I'll trade you for a poor condition 50 Lira Italian bill from the 50's :)
Or a 1 satu rupiah note from Republik Indonesia, dated 1953....:eek:

Her454
06-08-2007, 06:25 PM
I'll trade you for a poor condition 50 Lira Italian bill from the 50's :)
Or a 1 satu rupiah note from Republik Indonesia, dated 1953....:eek:
WOW!!!!!!!!! UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM No thanks. :D

YeLLowBoaT
06-08-2007, 06:38 PM
ebay....

wsuwrhr
06-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Appreciate the thought Brian, but Im SURE that any one of my own speeding tickets could top anything you could possibly come up with. :D
Doubtful my dear, doubtful.
Have you ever received two 100MPH tickets in less than an hour of each other?
Brian

Her454
06-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Doubtful my dear, doubtful.
Have you ever recieved two 100MPH tickets in less than an hour of each other?
Brian
If you did that, I would hate to pay YOUR insurance.

wsuwrhr
06-08-2007, 07:07 PM
If you did that, I would hate to pay YOUR insurance.
You think I am joking?
laughs
No joke, it was rough for a few years.
I could find the tickets and scan them for you.
I am not scared.
Does that mean you are saying "Uncle"?
That was easy.
Brian

Her454
06-08-2007, 07:10 PM
You think I am joking?
laughs
No joke, it was rough for a few years.
I could find the tickets and scan them for you.
I am not scared.
Does that mean you are saying "Uncle"?
That was easy.
Brian
UNCLE, AUNT... THE WHOLE DAMN FAMILY. :D

wsuwrhr
06-08-2007, 07:10 PM
UNCLE, AUNT... THE WHOLE DAMN FAMILY. :D
Sweet, so we have a deal then?

RaceFace
06-08-2007, 07:14 PM
They are actually worth something. PM me the years they are and I can give you an idea. :D :D

wsuwrhr
06-08-2007, 07:21 PM
The second one was classic, I damn near passed the CHP doing 165, like he was standing still.
Damn plainclothes-no-light-bar-cars. Couldn't see what kind of car it was from a distance.
He was trying to "clock" me by matching my speed as I was coming up on him.
Problem was I was going so fast that he couldn't gauge my speed very well in the mirror. When I got close enough to the car I could see the star on the door, I grabbed a buncho front brake and he ZOOMED ahead of me. It was pretty funny at that very moment. No so soon after.
Stupid me.
Hell, when I pulled over to the side he did the same and I just went around him and stopped. OOPS.
He was actually not all chesty-poppie-outie. I think he found humor in the situation. The road was pretty deserted and he was probably bored just waiting for some dork like me to take advantage of the absense of traffic on a wide open freeway.
Good times.

Her454
06-08-2007, 07:21 PM
I just looked at both of them and they state Oct 10, 1971 on the inside of the coin and then around the outside they say 1971. That is the year we were there and my dad got them. Not sure if he bought them or they gave them away back then.

RaceFace
06-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Here's the link to the LHC Rotary. Their values are a little high but put those things on Ebay....you will pull some money out of them. I have been trying to collect the set of Rotary coins starting in '71 and run them to the current year. I thought it would be cool to put them in matting and a frame and hang them in the havasu house. Tough to find alot of them....I have bought most of mine on Ebay.

RaceFace
06-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Here's the link to the LHC Rotary. Their values are a little high but put those things on Ebay....you will pull some money out of them. I have been trying to collect the set of Rotary coins starting in '71 and run them to the current year. I thought it would be cool to put them in matting and a frame and hang them in the havasu house. Tough to find alot of them....I have bought most of mine on Ebay.
Crap!! Here's the link!!
http://www.londonbridgerotary.com/coins.htm
Too many beers already!!!!

wsuwrhr
06-08-2007, 08:07 PM
At a $100 or $150 are they really worth selling?
Brian

YeLLowBoaT
06-08-2007, 08:10 PM
lol they are older then I am...

RaceFace
06-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Not older than me...:( :(
Well, you can hang on to them....throw them back in the drawer for another 10 years or throw them on Ebay. You would probably pull $80 each for them on Ebay...maybe more...maybe less

Psycho Squid
06-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Hurry.........last year the city was trying to sell the bridge back to London.... for like $2 dollars then convince us we could build a lower cost and lower maintainable bridge with the proceeds......:rolleyes:

Her454
06-12-2007, 11:26 AM
LOL, thats the first time I had ever been to Lake Havasu. My parents took me for my 9th birthday. It was pretty cool, ALOT different than now LOL. :D
I dont really want to sell them, they are kinda sentimental for obvious reasons but I was just curious.
Thats a cool idea of framing and matting the entire set if you can get them all, would look awsome in a Havi house.