PDA

View Full Version : Removing inquiries from credit reports

Invisible Sun
06-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Anyone have any luck removing inquiries from their credit reports? I just looked and it shows 20 on my Experian in the last 2 years. I can see where 5 are multiple inquires from the same company on the same days (what the hell?). Equifax and Transunion only show 6. My rating on Experian is in the dumper and if these have a 5 pont per inquiry effect on my score, that's a 20 point gain which would be helpful.
S

H20Advantage
06-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Multiple inquiries by the same company should be counted as one. Send a letter demanding they be removed. Are the inquiries Hard inquiries (actually buying somthing) or soft inquiries (creditors just checking you out to solicit you)???

Jordy
06-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Pretty much anything over 7 doesn't seem to make a difference. I can adjust certain things, such as inquiries on a score simulator though my credit monitoring service and anything over 7 and it doesn't change. Only goes up about 5 points between 7 and 2, at least according to the simulator. ;)

eman1625
06-08-2007, 08:53 PM
not a 100% sure but i think they only ding your score if they are within the last 90 days.

C-2
06-08-2007, 09:20 PM
They are more like 3 points, and as Jordy pointed out - really won't make much of a difference.
If you sign up for credit monitoring (all 3 bureaus with unlimited pulls) you can "bump" the Trans Union inquiries by pulling everyday - takes about 45 days. I had 13 on Exp/Eq...and 3 on TU. But as pointed out before, didn't really make a difference.
Debt utilization, debt utilization, debt utilization - the only real way to see rapid, significant jumps.

Havasu Carrera
06-08-2007, 09:33 PM
They are more like 3 points, and as Jordy pointed out - really won't make much of a difference.
If you sign up for credit monitoring (all 3 bureaus with unlimited pulls) you can "bump" the Trans Union inquiries by pulling everyday - takes about 45 days. I had 13 on Exp/Eq...and 3 on TU. But as pointed out before, didn't really make a difference.
Debt utilization, debt utilization, debt utilization - the only real way to see rapid, significant jumps.
Ok seriously. Debt utilization. using debt? going into debt and paying if off the next month? Can you maybe elaborate a little? I have not run my credit in a while but the reason is I don't want the enquirey? :confused: Thanks for any clarification.

Jordy
06-08-2007, 09:41 PM
I have not run my credit in a while but the reason is I don't want the enquirey? :confused: Thanks for any clarification.
You can run your credit every day if you want as that's considered a "soft" inquiry. That is, it's you running it for you, not someone else running it to open a line of credit. I pretty much run mine every day because I can, just to keep an eye on things and it doesn't show up on Experian, and shows up as a soft hit on one of the others. No harm to the score though. ;)

C-2
06-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Tons of info, just Google it out.
some friends got tapped out and started charging like mad until they neared their credit limits on some high limit cards. Whamo, ALL their credit card companies then jacked their rates due to their rapid change in debt utilization.
Banks are out of control. :mad:

Havasu Carrera
06-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Tons of info, just Google it out.
some friends got tapped out and started charging like mad until they neared their credit limits on some high limit cards. Whamo, ALL their credit card companies then jacked their rates due to their rapid change in debt utilization.
Banks are out of control. :mad:
Ok so no debt use is best. Just availibility? Thanks I will google it now. Wish me luck.