PDA

View Full Version : Naci being drained 4 repairs?

bead
06-08-2007, 09:34 PM
End of the winter 4 repairs to the dam. sister- in-law heard at the community meeting 4 running deer . anyone else have any info on this?

Darrell's Bro
06-11-2007, 12:02 PM
There are schedule dam repairs (actually spill-way repaiurs) but the lake level is already low enough to make them (760 ft above sea level). The water is owned by Monterey County and to be used for farming, etc. There have been long standing feuds between the county of Monterey and homeowner's groups. The gas dock and store concession were leased by a guy who sued the county for mismanaging the water but that suit has recently been settled and with the gas dock and store having been taken over by the county.
Lake Nacimiento has had fluctuating water levels for its entire 50+ year history. That's not likely to change anytime soon. This year, like in previous drought years, has seen the lake water level drop significantly. Having said that, I've seen the lake rise 4 to 5 feet in one day with run off from heavy rain. In every year, rumors fly. I expect the future to bring more of the same.
Here's my prediction: The water level will go lower this summer & up next winter.:)
I was at the lake yesterday and there's still plenty of water for boating. The only problem I've encountered is finding a boat anchor, sunglasses, and previously submerged junk on our beach.