PDA

View Full Version : Cars and coffee, Irvine--Cobra crash

ryantparks
06-09-2007, 09:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpLqCxa4ee0

talkinghead
06-09-2007, 09:23 AM
That POS AC Cobra is less stable than my old school SUV.

Cigalert
06-09-2007, 09:24 AM
It must have been the wet and dangerous driving conditions of irvine.

ryantparks
06-09-2007, 09:25 AM
I dont think Id call it a POS. Too much hp for those tires

Chipster27
06-09-2007, 09:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpLqCxa4ee0
Hey another RSMer!
Last time I went back in Feb I had my M3 and took my friend for a ride. We were around the corner on Alton and going around the corner I stabbed the throttle with the DSC off and cold tires, looped the car and luckily didn't hit anything :D
Sh!t happens quick, even at slow speeds. Remember the Enzo that the comedian crashed? I have a friend thinks that crash was a set up to promote the film. I told him there is no way you crash a $1m car and even at slow speeds these things can get away from you.
How embarassing to do it in front of everyone :jawdrop:

ryantparks
06-09-2007, 09:34 AM
if that crash was to promote the film it didnt work because it only grossed something like $3mill.
There was an Enzo there today 6/9, those things are just bad ass!

BadKachina
06-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Last time I went back in Feb I had my M3 and took my friend for a ride. We were around the corner on Alton and going around the corner I stabbed the throttle with the DSC off and cold tires, looped the car and luckily didn't hit anything :D
:
I've done that in our Infinity. :eek: :)

Sleek-Jet
06-09-2007, 10:12 AM
At least the guy's hood scoop is on the right way... :idea:

Cigalert
06-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Rsm Fo Life!

Chipster27
06-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Rsm Fo Life!
Haaa. There are like 4-5 people on the board from RSM and I think a couple in Foothill Ranch. I'm on my 3rd house here. Everytime we go to buy a new place we just keep coming back here. I bought my first place on the lake in 93, the house I'm in now wasn't even built! Then I lived by the golf course (Antonio/Banderas) now we're up in Melinda Heights.
We loved living on the lake because we could walk over to Wings and have a few beers without worrying about driving home :D
I've done that in our Infinity.
I should have known better :jawdrop: I raced karts for a year and didn't even think about warming the tires. I did have enough sense to do it early on a Saturday morning when no one was around :D

ryantparks
06-09-2007, 02:01 PM
been here since 87 and now live across from Jiffy Lube

Xlration Marine
06-09-2007, 02:12 PM
I've done that in our Infinity. :eek: :)
Infinity? Gosh what year? My brother won't let me drive his 350, bummer. Must be from the time I took the Bimmer in a 4 wheel drift coming off the 101 and heading north up Pima.

BadKachina
06-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Infinity? Gosh what year? My brother won't let me drive his 350, bummer. Must be from the time I took the Bimmer in a 4 wheel drift coming off the 101 and heading north up Pima.
O5 G35 coupe. It's a handful with the traction control off. I made a left turn at about 50 and nailed it in the corner. I looped it twice before it stopped spinning. Nobody around, middle of the night, got lucky I didn't wipe out. ;)

RaceFace
06-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Haaa. There are like 4-5 people on the board from RSM and I think a couple in Foothill Ranch. I'm on my 3rd house here. Everytime we go to buy a new place we just keep coming back here. I bought my first place on the lake in 93, the house I'm in now wasn't even built! Then I lived by the golf course (Antonio/Banderas) now we're up in Melinda Heights.
We loved living on the lake because we could walk over to Wings and have a few beers without worrying about driving home :D
I should have known better :jawdrop: I raced karts for a year and didn't even think about warming the tires. I did have enough sense to do it early on a Saturday morning when no one was around :D
Wings!!! I love that place!!! Good food....great beer!!!
I'm just south of RSM....across from WagonWheel Canyon....I love it!!

dmontzsta
06-09-2007, 06:25 PM
That POS AC Cobra is less stable than my old school SUV.
POS? You are just a talkinghead...that is for sure! :)
That really sucks, those cars are pure sex.

AZJD
06-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey another RSMer!
Sh!t happens quick, even at slow speeds. Remember the Enzo that the comedian crashed? I have a friend thinks that crash was a set up to promote the film. I told him there is no way you crash a $1m car and even at slow speeds these things can get away from you.
How embarassing to do it in front of everyone :jawdrop:
I spun the shit out of the new M5 with DSC off. It happened quick. Asphalt to concrete and back to asphalt at about 65mph in a left turn.

ryantparks
06-10-2007, 06:48 AM
The show is every Sat. morning from 7-9 am and my son and I counted around 340 cars. Its at the Ford, Volvo, Jaguar etc building right across from the Irvine Spectrum if anyone is interested in going. Everything from Ferrari to Lamborghini to Cobras to street rods.

v-drive
06-10-2007, 07:20 AM
That is a great little show and ford asks that you only use common sense when in their area. Things like this could ruin it for everyone. My boss is there almost every weekend with one of his Ferraris. He recently had his F1 there on a trailer. v-drive

Chipster27
06-10-2007, 09:10 AM
O5 G35 coupe. It's a handful with the traction control off. ;)
Couple years ago I had a friend with a G35 that was killed in it doing the same thing. His car was used as the prototype for Greddy's twin turbo set up. Early one Feb morning the roads were wet and he put it in to a 4 wheel drift, right in to a light pole. Car hit on the drivers side and killed him instantly, passanger lived. It was sad as he had celebrated the brith of his baby girl a couple months early.
To me it's a constant reminder not to drive beyond my abilities.
Here are some pics of the show when I went last November, the one and only Maybach Exelero made an appearance that day. http://webs4racers.com/cars-n-coffee/
Ryan - '87 you must have been one of the first. It's amazing how much this town has grown!

SOCALDETAIL1
06-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey did JBB ever finish his?????????????Was it Jbb?????

yopengo
06-10-2007, 02:34 PM
So am I :idea:

pw_Tony
06-10-2007, 02:37 PM
If you hadn't spun out or lost control before then you weren't driving hard enough! I don't care how much skill, mistakes happen!:devil: :D