PDA

View Full Version : Bengals' Johnson beats horse in run for charity

RitcheyRch
06-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Saw this on the news earlier and thought was pretty cool of him to do this for charity.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CIN/10220557
Chad Johnson got a head start without having to jump offside, and beat his coverage to the goal line again.
The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver was waiting at the finish line when Restore the Roar arrived at the end of his one-eighth-mile gallop. That's right: Johnson raced a horse and easily won.
Johnson was spotted a 100-meter lead -- roughly about half the distance the horse had to cover in the race for charity. And when it was over, Johnson, as usual, was anything but humble. He sounded ready to take on boxing, basketball and NASCAR.
"Floyd Mayweather, you're next," Johnson said. "I want to fight you. I'd like to take Kobe and LeBron one-on-one. Jeff Gordon, we can take a couple laps. ... Now it's my time to take over the race world."
The 4-year-old colt's jockey, P.J. Cooksey, rode a horse that beat former Bengals receiver Cris Collinsworth in 1993. She sounded more impressed with Johnson's speed.
"He's quick," Cooksey said. "He's a fast man. That was phenomenal. When I looked over at him, all I could see were his legs; they looked like a windmill. He was a blur. I was beat bad."

redneckcharlie
06-10-2007, 09:34 AM
A hundred meter head start in a 1/8 the mile race? And this was against a horse. :rolleyes: I have a friend that has a retired race greyhound, now beating that dog with that head start would impress me!:jawdrop:

BadKachina
06-10-2007, 10:20 AM
This was for charity, give his mouth a free pass for the day.
Good job Chad........;)

RitcheyRch
06-10-2007, 12:39 PM
isnt that the truth. Still would be pretty cool to see him race a dog.
This was for charity, give his mouth a free pass for the day.
Good job Chad........;)

redneckcharlie
06-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Do you think Johnson is truely doing this for charity, or padding his own ego? I would have to say the end result is good. But, this is truely no more than a PR event for him. I love how "celebrities" donate their time, which in the vast majority of cases they are being compensated in some form, ask for our money but rarely give their own.

BadKachina
06-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Personally I think the guy is funny as hell. Not only that he seems to be a good person in general. He's no T.O.. T.O. is a cancer, Chad is probably as close as you're going to get athletically without the cancer.....