PDA

View Full Version : so would you put this.........

squirt'nmyload
06-10-2007, 06:44 PM
on your boat? i've never recieved money for gas from anyone. i'd rather have them bring more beer!!!!
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/boa/349228842.html

pw_Tony
06-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Psh got one of those sayings on a plaque years ago.. no one reads it or they don't give me money lol :mad: :devil: :D

BadKachina
06-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Mine says :This boat runs on ass not gas." But my wife says bs, so I keep putting gas in it........:(

707dog
06-10-2007, 06:58 PM
me and my lady have T-shirts with that on the front and back..i dont think my freinds can read:) im always standing at the pump by myself:D atleast my buddys keep the cooler full...

Fire Angler
06-10-2007, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't put that sticker on anything I own. I fill up my boat and my Lake Lice, I would never ask for gas money to ride on anything I own.
I look at it like this, I would fill it up regardless if anyone was chipping in or not.
What I do really appreciate, is when my crew or friends of my crew help me clean up, that is the best Thank You there is.

clownpuncher
06-10-2007, 07:14 PM
I've never asked for gas money. Been offered it a bunch of times and my reply is always...."STFU :D"
I do appreciate the offers, but, I'd never take a dime. I know this is totally contrary to a lot of folks. Just my way I guess.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-10-2007, 07:21 PM
I thought the saying was "ass gas or grass, nobody rides for free."
Its real simple, if your boat only has 1 seat you don't have to worry about freeloaders or moochers. ;)

squirt'nmyload
06-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't put that sticker on anything I own. I fill up my boat and my Lake Lice, I would never ask for gas money to ride on anything I own.
I look at it like this, I would fill it up regardless if anyone was chipping in or not.
What I do really appreciate, is when my crew or friends of my crew help me clean up, that is the best Thank You there is.
my thoughts exactly :)

Old school Ultra
06-10-2007, 07:38 PM
I have always had the opinion that I would be boating anyway, So when we invite peeps along all I ever expect is to respect the rules and help clean up and have a good time....
I have some friends that don't offer anymore but always show up with armfuls of beer and boat food.
If gives big points when you offer....

Thorsinc
06-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I had a licensed plate frame on my trailer years ago that said, “ This boat runs on gas not friendship”

halfhers
06-10-2007, 09:44 PM
i agree, i don't ask for gas money as long they help out cleaning the boat and buying thier own drinks i'm fine.

RitcheyRch
06-11-2007, 04:58 AM
Never asked for money. If they were not with me I would still be out there so why should they assist.

Mrs. 20
06-11-2007, 06:53 AM
That sticker would just make you look like a a**hole.:D

Hardly Satisfied
06-11-2007, 07:10 AM
That is the truth

Jordy
06-11-2007, 07:13 AM
That sticker would just make you look like a a**hole.:D
Wow, I guess I'd better get one then!!! :D :D :D

havaduner
06-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Looks to me like some guy figured a way to make a quick buck off the boating public using rising gas prices as his ruse. They were asking 10.99 for the sticker, and 1.99 for shipping and handling.
That sticker for a small run, could be made for less than a buck.A 100% mark up would be two bucks, and that would cover the cost of the stamp too!.
I wouldnt buy one for any amount, and I wouldnt put it on my boat if it was given to me.

AZJD
06-11-2007, 07:47 AM
I was gonna order one but I put my last $13 bucks in the boat 2 weeks ago.....:(

AZJD
06-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Never asked for money. If they were not with me I would still be out there so why should they assist.
I agree with this, however it is getting increasingly harder to take big groups of people to the lake and get a big fat ZERO in return. No help with anchors, fenders, lines, beer, ice, NADA! I have been as of late OK with just taking my girl and maybe a one friend. No help cleaning the boat, backing the trailer or even taking their trash off the boat. I am just kinda over it. Maybe it doesn't say much for the group I take, but I put myself out there to have a good time and it usually ends up with me pissed off because no one respects your shit.
Thanks for listening!:D :D :D

WYRD
06-11-2007, 07:55 AM
If people want to kick down, that's cool. If not, I don't ask. I know not everybody's in a position to help out and I'm going to fill my tank anyway. I do, however, appreciate it when people help fill the coolers, load the boat, launch and retrieve and remain drama free. That's worth more than few bucks for gas to me.
Well Said:)
Wow, I guess I'd better get one then!!! :D :D :D
You dont need a sticker for that:D
I was gonna order one but I put my last $13 bucks in the boat 2 weeks ago.....:(
LMAO:D

Jordy
06-11-2007, 07:55 AM
I'm sorry, did you say something??? :notam: :D

RaceFace
06-11-2007, 07:57 AM
I've never asked for gas money. Been offered it a bunch of times and my reply is always...."STFU :D"
I do appreciate the offers, but, I'd never take a dime. I know this is totally contrary to a lot of folks. Just my way I guess.
I'm the exact same way. My friends ALWAYS offer and I reply the same way you do. So they just keep the cooler full...... they always grab a towel and help with the wipedown after pulling it out of the water....which is much appreciated. I never ask for anything....I just want everyone to have fun.

No Name
06-11-2007, 08:06 AM
I agree with this, however it is getting increasingly harder to take big groups of people to the lake and get a big fat ZERO in return. No help with anchors, fenders, lines, beer, ice, NADA! I have been as of late OK with just taking my girl and maybe a one friend. No help cleaning the boat, backing the trailer or even taking their trash off the boat. I am just kinda over it. Maybe it doesn't say much for the group I take, but I put myself out there to have a good time and it usually ends up with me pissed off because no one respects your shit.
That’s why it’s just me and the little lady when we go out.
Hell I would leave her at home also if I didn’t need her to pull the boat off and on the trailer.:D :D

Baja Big Dog
06-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Id have to put that sticker is a place thats eazy to wash down, cause all my buddies would use it for a target to PISS on...:D

CBadDad
06-11-2007, 09:01 AM
The sticker is tacky and a rip off at $13.
Before I had my boat, I spent a lot of time at Parker on friends boats. I'd always load the coolers, pick up the tabs at the local establishments and usually drop a C-note on their kitchen table before I headed home. They were always very thankful.
Now that I own my own boat, I realize that was just a drop in the bucket, but it all helps I guess. When I'm out with friends, I don't ask for anything but gratefully take whatever is offered. My girlfriend is doing me a big favor when she fills the tank in my rig for the ride home, picks up dinner or buys me a bottle of Jack and I appreciate it, but it isn't much when it comes to the cost of owning and maintaining a boat - as you all know.

Froggystyle
06-11-2007, 09:13 AM
You guys need to start hanging with our crew...
I can say that to this day I have yet to have a freeloader on our boat this summer. I don't take money for gas, and knowing that people just seem to step up and contribute where they can, from cleaning the boat to getting lunches...
As an example, Big Warlock's girl Karina (Corinna?) (total hammer by the way...) rode on our boat during the poker run. By rode, of course meant partied in the raft up while everyone went by. Then we went to the springs, and I gassed up for the day. Since I wouldn't take gas money, she sneaked over and picked up lunch for everyone. Totally cool of her, and worked out great for all of us. She felt like she got to contribute, and we ate! :D
I have had my guests pick up the tab for the campground on the way in, show up with food and beer, pick up the tab at Cha Bones... you name it. My crews always seem to find a way to carry their load.
I agree on the gas money thing though... at the end of the day, I am boating anyway, and I invited them.
The same does not apply in my opinion to pulling skiers. If you have a ski boat, and everyone is skiing, people should be chipping in. Gas for skiing costs a hell of a lot more than gas for partying, and you use so much more of it. Plus, I would NOT be out there for hours dragging a load behind me if they weren't there.
Pulling five folks around for a weekend, every weekend is far too much to expect for a boat driver. If you are skiing or tubing all day... shorten up the pockets.

zudnic
06-11-2007, 09:39 AM
My former next door neighbor was cool. Few times in his boat, tried to buy, beer, gas, snacks before launch he would'nt allow it. The following morning would leave a bottle of wine with a small thank you card. Let him store his extra car toy in my garage...
I wrote off a friend because of his wife. We went to this event and his wife ended up going off with a couple of friends and we picked her up at Denny's. Sat down had one drink and when her and her friends bill came, her husband went to pay it; over heard her make a comment about how I should pay it for them cause: "he's rich!". I'm normaly the guy who refuses to let people pay if I'm the planner of the outing. No matter what it is....Bars at least one round of drinks, type guy. But when I can tell people are taking advantage, then I can and have written them off for it. I also wrote off a cousin for simular cheapness, clearly trying to get a free ride. I like someone to at least put up a fight, even if they are releaved that I won and pay the bill.... :D

Baja Big Dog
06-11-2007, 10:03 AM
The boats yours for the day...it will only cost you a dinner at Rods.....:D

AZJD
06-11-2007, 10:04 AM
That’s why it’s just me and the little lady when we go out.
Hell I would leave her at home also if I didn’t need her to pull the boat off and on the trailer.:D :D
Haha, who here do you think is gonna believe that B.S. ?
And how do I get my girl learned on the boat driving part? She still has trouble with the lines?!:confused: :eek: :D
Good thing she doesn't read this crap.......

91nordic29
06-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Help with the trailer so I (the mrs.) don't have to and help Randy wipe it down. I am getting pretty darn good at backing the trailer but i still feel like i am going to throw up the whole time.:eek:

syke-o
06-11-2007, 10:10 AM
he has yet to sell one... that about sums it up right there...

dc96819
06-11-2007, 10:11 AM
I never had a stranger ask,friends go when were ready.

Make it a Double
06-11-2007, 10:49 AM
And how do I get my girl learned on the boat driving part? She still has trouble with the lines?!:confused: :eek: :D
Hey JD. JoAnn has the lines down. She really wants to learn to handle the trailer. We plan on just going up during the week and practice until she gets it.:)

Devil's Advocate
06-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Well, you gotta just throw her behind the wheel, cross your fingers and pray!:jawdrop: :D I don't even want to try the truck and trailer. I still get stressed out when I have to put the boat on and off. But I feel like I'm the shit after I do it.:D :D
Help with the trailer so I (the mrs.) don't have to and help Randy wipe it down. I am getting pretty darn good at backing the trailer but i still feel like i am going to throw up the whole time.:eek:
Yeah, I know what you mean about the feeling sick part.:squiggle:

Froggystyle
06-11-2007, 04:13 PM
I still get stressed out when I have to put the boat on and off. But I feel like I'm the shit after I do it.:D :D
Probably because it is one of the single coolest/sexiest things a female can do. That is a hugely marketable skill lady... :D
Aud had the trailer thing down with the smaller boat, but the 27' trailer is a no-shitter.

Jordy
06-11-2007, 04:16 PM
As an example, Big Warlock's girl Karina (Corinna?) (total hammer by the way...) rode on our boat during the poker run. By rode, of course meant partied in the raft up while everyone went by. Then we went to the springs, and I gassed up for the day. Since I wouldn't take gas money, she sneaked over and picked up lunch for everyone. Totally cool of her, and worked out great for all of us. She felt like she got to contribute, and we ate! :D
Yeah, Corina is good like that. It's a fun game we all play, trying to be sneaky and get the bill before the other one does. Not as much fun when we're at Ocean Club or something along those lines though. Hmmm.... :idea: :D

seanv
06-11-2007, 04:23 PM
ya know to each their own. myself, i tell everyone that there's one rule and dont break it. "have fun!" i dont want gas money i want happy faces around with zero drama. why demand your friends pay for your hobby?

seanv
06-11-2007, 04:27 PM
ya know to each their own. myself, i tell everyone that there's one rule and dont break it. "have fun!" i dont want gas money i want happy faces around with zero drama. why demand your friends pay for your hobby?

Jordy
06-11-2007, 04:34 PM
myself, i tell everyone that there's one rule and dont break it. "have fun!"
What about your "PUT OUT OR SWIM" line you use on the denim girls, of course when dad's not around??? :idea: :jawdrop: :devil: :D

Dribble
06-11-2007, 05:02 PM
When we were young (20) everyone had to cough up money for gas. We were all broke and that's the only way we got out. Now that I'm old, I consider anyone in my boat a guest. They always offer and we always decline. They can pay $20.00 for the beer and I'll foot the C-note for the gas.

seanv
06-11-2007, 05:27 PM
What about your "PUT OUT OR SWIM" line you use on the denim girls, of course when dad's not around??? :idea: :jawdrop: :devil: :D
quit givin out all my damn secrets focker :notam:

squirt'nmyload
06-11-2007, 05:31 PM
hey justin you need to come float with us next time, we'll remind you how good of a time you can have...people helping people and no drama :) :D :D

squirt'nmyload
06-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Hey JD. JoAnn has the lines down. She really wants to learn to handle the trailer. We plan on just going up during the week and practice until she gets it.:)
i need to get erin up to speed to, even though she would just prefer aj's method :D :D maybe if we get the girls together to learn they wont feel as nervous :)

Devil's Advocate
06-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Probably because it is one of the single coolest/sexiest things a female can do. That is a hugely marketable skill lady... :D
Aud had the trailer thing down with the smaller boat, but the 27' trailer is a no-shitter.
Thanks..:D

cola
06-11-2007, 06:29 PM
I'am right there with you. I won't take anything for tows, & I've towed from Topac to Havasu. I was going that way anyway.
Mike

Make it a Double
06-11-2007, 07:55 PM
i need to get erin up to speed to, even though she would just prefer aj's method :D :D maybe if we get the girls together to learn they wont feel as nervous :)
Sounds like a plan:)