PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator Fun Deck

KingCole
06-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Anyone here own one or know someone that does? If so how do you like it?

Mrs 2LKHVSU
06-11-2007, 12:44 PM
We bought our Fun Deck in 1997 and we LOVE it!

Nord
06-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Our friends Gordo and Melissa just sold theirs. It was really nice. 79K with 502mag.
Really nice boat! Make sure you have enough power though, or you will be very unhappy. I love the deck boats, but you cannot escape the wind.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
06-11-2007, 12:49 PM
I love the deck boats, but you cannot escape the wind.
Wind Tunnel for sure! good thing we don't seem to move much some trips. :mad:

RiverDave
06-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Our friends Gordo and Melissa just sold theirs. It was really nice. 79K with 502mag.
Really nice boat! Make sure you have enough power though, or you will be very unhappy. I love the deck boats, but you cannot escape the wind.
Pretty sure they had a 496 mag..
To echo what Nord said though, those things need atleast 550HP to be somewhat fun to drive it's a pig with anything less then 400.
RD

Froggystyle
06-11-2007, 01:01 PM
I love the deck boats, but you cannot escape the wind.
If only someone would invent a way to keep a deckboat layout, but block the wind when you are running...
If only... :D
To echo what Nord said though, those things need atleast 550HP to be somewhat fun to drive it's a pig with anything less then 400.
RD
I just read in Powerboat about a deckboat that did 90 with a 550... how fast will that get you in a FunDeck?
Just funnin guys... relax... ;)

KingCole
06-11-2007, 01:01 PM
RD
If I ordered one it would be with a 525. I was wondering if the fun deck planes any quicker or goes faster than magic's deck boat with the same power. I know the eliminator is a foot shorter, but I think the weight is about the same.

Jyruiz
06-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I like the Fundecks, they seem pretty big for a 27' deck. I have never ridden in one, but I have been in them.

LAFD
06-11-2007, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=Froggystyle;2613353]If only someone would invent a way to keep a deckboat layout, but block the wind when you are running...
that would be somethin.:)

BajaMike
06-11-2007, 01:33 PM
I just read in Powerboat about a deckboat that did 90 with a 550... how fast will that get you in a FunDeck?
:D :D :D

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 01:34 PM
It's a very nice boat but it would be at the bottom of my list styling wise with the Lavey Prowler.
Alot of much newer better looking designs.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-11-2007, 01:34 PM
If only someone would invent a way to keep a deckboat layout, but block the wind when you are running...
Good thing Howard did that with their deckboat..... :D

Froggystyle
06-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Second... Good thing they were the second company to do that with their deckboat... ;)

Eliminator 4 Life
06-11-2007, 01:59 PM
It's a very nice boat but it would be at the bottom of my list styling wise with the Lavey Prowler.
Alot of much newer better looking designs.
Dont be talking trash PRE NUP boy:mad:

RiverDave
06-11-2007, 02:05 PM
What does Howard have to deflect the wind?
RD <--- hasn't seen it yet

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Dont be talking trash PRE NUP boy:mad:
LOL...
Like I said it's a very nice boat but it was one of the first on the scene and they really haven't moderized the styling:)
I would love to own either the 22 or 26 closed deck cat:D:jawdrop:

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 02:18 PM
They have a sliding fiberglass door that closes off the front deck.(Probably about 2' high.....Nothing like the pimp shit on the Trident:) )

Havasu_Dreamin
06-11-2007, 03:16 PM
They have a sliding fiberglass door that closes off the front deck.(Probably about 2' high.....Nothing like the pimp shit on the Trident:) )
That is correct...but it works very effectively.....
Here is a pic with it closed:
http://www.howardboats.com/boat_specs/28_sport_deck/28_sportdeck-c.jpg

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 03:56 PM
cool deal...It's actually angled more than I rember from the boatshow. Is it electric or do you just slide them together and lock them solid?

Keith E. Sayre
06-11-2007, 04:10 PM
For what it's worth, in 1997 conquest made some changes to their 28'
deckboat and sold the old plug to Eliminator. At that time, Eliminator made
some slight changes and called it a 27' Fundeck. Most noticeable is the
higher (about 4 inches) in the front of the boat where the front seats are.
I suppose he probably wanted to give more (taller) back support to someone sitting sideways in the very front seat. Notice the triangular shaped ice
chest area box on the port side just like the pre 97 Conquests had and the
little gate going over the transom. Conquest filled that in 1997 and after.
Same great boat and as anyone knows, Eliminator builds great boats.
I've sold several of them used over the years and everyone that bought it,
loved it. As for the question about planing time and the Magic deckboat???
Magic uses the same mold that conquest used to which is the same mold
that Eliminator bought from Conquest. I cannot say if Eliminator has changed it since then or not. Good advice: if it's a good deal go buy it!
You'll love it. If any of this proves to be incorrect, sorry but I think it's
100% right.
Keith Sayre

RiverOtter
06-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Yes, one should invent a deckboat with canopies :idea:

MR FLYIN VEE
06-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Yes, one should invent a deckboat with canopies :idea:DCB :D

Nord
06-11-2007, 04:52 PM
As far as looks and lines go, I think the Magic is a much better look over the Eliminator IMO.

RiverOtter
06-11-2007, 04:54 PM
DCB :D
Ya but it's like $800,000 with a 5.0L :D

Angry Inch
06-11-2007, 04:58 PM
That boat is SIIIICK!!!!

dicudmore
06-11-2007, 05:19 PM
That boat is SIIIICK!!!!
indeed...pretty quick too :D

Froggystyle
06-11-2007, 05:31 PM
indeed...pretty quick too :D
Define "quick".

dicudmore
06-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Define "quick".
actually I should have used the term "fast" as opposed to "quick" I posted that right before my afternoon nap. As for defining, well um I'll just say for a normal wet lay-up 5K + pound resin bucket, it runs pretty good :wink:
Rocket acceleration numbers like "other" deck boats--obviously not...

Froggystyle
06-11-2007, 06:12 PM
actually I should have used the term "fast" as opposed to "quick" I posted that right before my afternoon nap. As for defining, well um I'll just say for a normal wet lay-up 5K + pound resin bucket, it runs pretty good :wink:
Rocket acceleration numbers like "other" deck boats--obviously not...
Eh thank yew... :D
Now... define "fast" ;)

shueman
06-11-2007, 06:18 PM
As far as looks and lines go, I think the Magic is a much better look over the Eliminator IMO.
I think the new Eliminator 30' Fundeck is gonna be a winner...the first one is about to get the power installed.....it's got canopies...:D

Nord
06-11-2007, 06:31 PM
I think the new Eliminator 30' Fundeck is gonna be a winner...the first one is about to get the power installed.....it's got canopies...:D
REALLY:idea:

dicudmore
06-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Eh thank yew... :D
Now... define "fast" ;)
in the case of that one...faster than his insurance agent knows about :wink:
how fast?? not fast enough to hang with a twin outboard 30' cat, but still does pretty good :wink: I think what you're waiting for me to say is, with a TPI700 it may or may not run about the same speed as "another" deck with a 550 :D

Havasu_Dreamin
06-11-2007, 06:49 PM
cool deal...It's actually angled more than I rember from the boatshow. Is it electric or do you just slide them together and lock them solid?
Just slide them and lock them together. We were pleasantly surprised how effective it is in reducing the wind tunnel effect.....

BDMar
06-11-2007, 07:00 PM
We built two deckboats last year for customers. Both were brought in brand new with no power or drive. One a magic and one an Eliminator. The Magic got a 540 and the Eliminator got a 588 (see my sig). The 588 is approx 50 hp more. From lots of testing and tuning, the Eliminator gets on plane a little better and is a fair amount faster on top end. I think with similar power they would be very close. The Magic seems to rattle a little more....

shueman
06-11-2007, 07:04 PM
REALLY:idea:
I'll try to sneak a few pics in the AM....:rolleyes:

skater40
06-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I have a 2007 fundeck and absolutly love it.We only use it with the top up and do 45-50mph.Its a smooth cruiser,handels the rough water,and is very predictible in all conditions.We tube,ski and wakeboard with it.If you want fast-buy a skater.;)

Keith E. Sayre
06-12-2007, 06:19 AM
like I said previousl, the magic and the eliminator have the same bottom or at least did have the same bottom and
probably still do. They both bought them from Conquest.
If they've changed them, I haven't heard about it.
also B & D--if one planes faster than the other , it is either
HP or X dimension I'm guessing.
Keith Sayre

INSman
06-12-2007, 06:28 AM
how fast?? not fast enough to hang with a twin outboard 30' cat, but still does pretty good :wink: I think what you're waiting for me to say is, with a TPI700 it may or may not run about the same speed as "another" deck with a 550 :D
You are a funny guy Dan, that's why I love you .... :D That Howard runs very strong, no doubt about that. Would love to take a ride in a Trident with an Ilmor 710 !!!! :eek: ;)

BDMar
06-12-2007, 06:59 AM
like I said previousl, the magic and the eliminator have the same bottom or at least did have the same bottom and
probably still do. They both bought them from Conquest.
If they've changed them, I haven't heard about it.
also B & D--if one planes faster than the other , it is either
HP or X dimension I'm guessing.
Keith Sayre
The Elim has a little more torque and a little different X dim. Aside from that, it has a differrent feel when it planes. More like the weight distribution is different. As you said the bottoms are the same. I wonder what the weight difference is?

Froggystyle
06-12-2007, 07:29 AM
:D

Keith E. Sayre
06-13-2007, 11:16 AM
thanks B & D Marine. Your analysis on the weight distribution could explain it. did you do Torry Zweigels 27 Fundeck?
Looks like a great boat.
Keith Sayre

welk2party
06-13-2007, 12:34 PM
I have a 2003 that I have had to almost completely re-rig. The boat itself is great and it is plenty stable and fast. Most of my complaints have to do with Eliminator itself...but that is a different story. Like the boat though.