PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pre Nuptial Agreement info........

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Well as most people know I am getting married late September.
I have debated getting a prenup since day 1 of our relationship and Jen is fully aware and supportive of the idea.This has nothing to do with my love for her and is soley for the purpose of protecting property and future company ownership.(If I won 100 million in the lottery today or a year from now I would give her half without thinking twice)
I don't have a family/business lawyer to bounce ideas off and figure someone would have some insight on getting a pre-nup set up.
There are online legal companies that will do the doccument for you and then you have a paralegal complete the forms. (Do these hold up in CA?:idea: )
Rumors I would love to know the answer too.........
I have heard that if I go through a lawyer and have it drawn up she will then have to get her own lawyer to go over the paperwork with her and sign off.
I have heard that you need to have the prenup completed prior to mailing out the wedding invites so they won't throw it out based on the bride being pressured to sign.
Any first hand experience??
Any and all info would be appreciated:):)

djunkie
06-11-2007, 01:50 PM
:idea: :idea: :D

djunkie
06-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Is there an echo in here?:confused:

djunkie
06-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Hello..... Helloooo..... Heellloooooo....... Helloooooooooooo....... :D :D :D

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Hopefully a moderator/admin can delete the other 2 threads since my computer just wacked out and froze/posted????
That shows how serious I am..lol;):D

djunkie
06-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Hopefully a moderator/admin can delete the other 2 threads since my computer just wacked out and froze/posted????
That shows how serious I am..lol;):D
I thought maybe you were just in a big hurry to get this done. :D :D
By the way, when you get this figured out let me know the details........ I may know a certain person who may be doing this soon. :idea: :D :D

Phat Daddy
06-11-2007, 01:55 PM
:eek: ;) :D

Ziggy
06-11-2007, 01:55 PM
I thought maybe you were just in a big hurry to get this done. :D :D
By the way, when you get this figured out let me know the details........ I may know a certain person who may be doing this soon. :idea: :D :D
Leave you and 76 out of this...sheesh:rolleyes: :D

Fire Angler
06-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Don't try to go cheap! Hire a Good Family Lawyer for this. It could (and will) save you tens of thousands of dollars down the road.

Havasu1986
06-11-2007, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=Cole Trickle;2613444]Hopefully a moderator/admin can delete the other 2 threads since my computer just wacked out and froze/posted????
That maybe a bad sign. :eek: :D

djunkie
06-11-2007, 01:57 PM
:argue: :argue: :argue: :D

dunaholic
06-11-2007, 02:02 PM
You really need to figure out if you have assets that are of a dollar value (different for everyone) worth protecting. If you have property and liquid assets prior to the marriage, those are not considered part of the community property. Keep a good record of what you own right before you get married. I woud suggest a safety deposit box for those records. Anything you obtain after you say "I do" now becomes part of the community property. this does not include any type of inheritance that you may have coming (i.e life insurance, family trust funds etc.). So if you ae trying to protect a business that you own pre marriage you might want to check out a pre-nup. If your family owns the business and you are likely to receive it as an inheritance you might be covered. Any way you look at it, you need to make sure that the assets that you plan to obtain in the future are worth the money up front to protect. I would highly recommend that you both have separate attorney's of you go the route of having one drawn up. The sooner the better for for the duress thingy that most women try to use against a pre-nup.

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=Cole Trickle;2613444]Hopefully a moderator/admin can delete the other 2 threads since my computer just wacked out and froze/posted????
That maybe a bad sign. :eek: :D
No worries I have been having wacky issues while viewing my puter for years;):D

RandyH
06-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Have nothing to do with picking her lawyer. Stay far away from that issue.
And if you have a business, put a value on it now or compare it to other businesses that you compete with that might have been sold recently.
And list everything you own of any value now.

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 02:09 PM
You really need to figure out if you have assets that are of a dollar value (different for everyone) worth protecting. If you have property and liquid assets prior to the marriage, those are not considered part of the community property. Keep a good record of what you own right before you get married. I woud suggest a safety deposit box for those records. Anything you obtain after you say "I do" now becomes part of the community property. this does not include any type of inheritance that you may have coming (i.e life insurance, family trust funds etc.). So if you ae trying to protect a business that you own pre marriage you might want to check out a pre-nup. If your family owns the business and you are likely to receive it as an inheritance you might be covered. Any way you look at it, you need to make sure that the assets that you plan to obtain in the future are worth the money up front to protect. I would highly recommend that you both have separate attorney's of you go the route of having one drawn up. The sooner the better for for the duress thingy that most women try to use against a pre-nup.
Good info....
My house is soley in my name and I have a decen't savings account that I would like to protect. I understand that the home is mine but isn't appreciation considered community property? (My 600K home goes to a million in 15 years and she would get half of the appreciation)
Also my business will someday be mine but it won't be given to me or an inheritance.My dad is 52 and I will have to buy out his stock in 10-15 years over a period of time.
I also want to address alimony.(Not such a big deal now as she makes a great living)

GETSOME
06-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Good info....
My house is soley in my name and I have a decen't savings account that I would like to protect. I understand that the home is mine but isn't appreciation considered community property? (My 600K home goes to a million in 15 years and she would get half of the appreciation)
Also my business will someday be mine but it won't be given to me or an inheritance.My dad is 52 and I will have to buy out his stock in 10-15 years over a period of time.
I also want to address alimony.(Not such a big deal now as she makes a great living)
Seems like you will need a lawyer for this one. I dont think i would take hot boat advise on a issue like this if i were you.;)

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Seems like you will need a lawyer for this one. I dont think i would take hot boat advise on a issue like this if i were you.;)
Just looking for info...I think you would be surprise in the amount of info and good avise that you could get here. Where there is big boats there is big $$$$. Big $$$ typically dosn't come unless you have experience and a brain.(Unless you Paris Hilton:D)

RitcheyRch
06-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Looks like there is a few. :D
Is there an echo in here?:confused:

GETSOME
06-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Just looking for info...I think you would be surprise in the amount of info and good avise that you could get here. Where there is big boats there is big $$$$. Big $$$ typically dosn't come unless you have experience and a brain.(Unless you Paris Hilton:D)
True but there are alot of jack asses that counter act the brains in this operation. Ideas yes. But i would review everything infront of a lawyer before you guys both sign on the dotted line.:D :D
You should also put in there a BJ 3 times a week or else!:D

racecar.hotshoe
06-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Just sign everthing over to her now and save the court battle later...:D :D

gramps
06-11-2007, 02:26 PM
GET ONE and hope it will hold water. I got one almost 30 years ago.............in the next couple of weeks I get to find out how good it is. I "owned" my retirement plan before I got married (1979). It is listed as one of my assests before the marriage. The retirement plan has never been touched and never has any comingled $$$$ put into it, all money in it was placed there by the company I worked for. Now her lawyer claimes that the soo to be ex owns 1/2 of the retirement.................

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 02:26 PM
True but there are alot of jack asses that counter act the brains in this operation. Ideas yes. But i would review everything infront of a lawyer before you guys both sign on the dotted line.:D :D
You should also put in there a BJ 3 times a week or else!:D
Your parents know any good lawyers from the country club that want to work pro bono?:D:D:idea:;)
Don't forget the cleaning and motherly duties while were dreaming!!;):D:devil:

dunaholic
06-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Good info....
You are correct on the appreciation. If you buy the business from your family they are going to consider the money used as community property. You definatly need an attorney on all of this. It was also said by someone else that you can demand a BJ three times a week. You can do all sorts of things with a pre-nup. She could also after seeing the BJ thing come back and have a no back door entry clause, a no doggy style clause, a eat at the Y for a certain number of hours per week clause, etc. etc.
Best advice your going to get is from an atorney for sure. It is better to have it spelled out up front on paper. And don't call Larry H Parker for God's sake.

djunkie
06-11-2007, 02:28 PM
You are correct on the appreciation. If you buy the business from your family they are going to consider the money used as community property. You definatly need an attorney on all of this. It was also said by soemone else that you can demand a BJ three times a week. You can do all sorts of things with a pre-nup. She could also after seeing the BJ thing come back and have a no back door entry clause, a no doggy style clause, a eat at the Y for a certain number of hours per week clause, etc. etc.
Best advice your going to get is from an atorney for sure. It is better to have it spelled out up front on paper. And don't call Larry H Parker for God's sake.
Hey Brandin you may wanna go with that no back door thing. I'm sure you have to be tired of Jen giving it to you with the strap on. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :crossx: :crossx:

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 02:29 PM
GET ONE and hope it will hold water. I got one almost 30 years ago.............in the next couple of weeks I get to find out how good it is. I "owned" my retirement plan before I got married (1979). It is listed as one of my assests before the marriage. The retirement plan has never been touched and never has any comingled $$$$ put into it, all money in it was placed there by the company I worked for. Now her lawyer claimes that the soo to be ex owns 1/2 of the retirement.................
I will keep my fingers crossed for you:)
It's amazing how divorce can turn someone you once shared your life with/loved into a greedy money grubbing bitch.(No offense)
When my parents got divorced after 16 years of marraige my mom took one peice of property and my dad took the other. There was no lawyers and she didn't feel it was right to go after his business since he started it and she wanted the divorce. (If this kind of situation was normal there wouldn't be a need for pre nups)

OutCole'd
06-11-2007, 02:33 PM
ttt

TOBTEK
06-11-2007, 02:35 PM
in the words of Father Tom...... WHY ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED ? :D

OutCole'd
06-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Better make sure you protect all your Star Trek memorabilia.....

HokeySon
06-11-2007, 02:40 PM
never done one of these myself. One firm I worked for during a summer did them, the Partner found out I was getting married and gave me his "form" -- it was about 5 inches thick.
FWIW, I think you should have a lawyer do it for a couple of big reasons. 1) this is some complicated stuff with a lot of overlapping areas of law -- Pesions for example involve fed ERISA rights, community property and taxation issues among other things. I seriously doubt anything available off the net would be enforceable if you ever need it to be. 2) You are buying an insurance policy -- the lawyer's malpractice policy -- in case something goes wrong.
Of Course, everything is cost/benefit. I don't know what the size of the estate is, but if it is big enough for you to want a prenup, it is probably big enough for you to spend the money to do it right.
I can't think of anyone off the cuff to refer you too, but I can ask around if you want. I am sure some of my contacts do prenups, I have just never talked to them about them.

Deano
06-11-2007, 02:42 PM
It's amazing how divorce can turn someone you once shared your life with/loved into a greedy money grubbing bitch.(No offense)
:idea: :idea: I'm not getting remarried any time soon, but it would be nice to know how she would be protected from your liabilities. Is that even possible? I know some people that have gotten into trouble in business and "the man" does not hold back on the corporate officers or their spouses...even when a trust is involved.

76ANTHONY
06-11-2007, 02:43 PM
hey dammit! i dont need no shiat from a ziggy:D :D :D

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Better make sure you protect all your Star Trek memorabilia.....
I think your confusing me and Djunkie;)
I moved out when I was 20 and bought my first house at 24:D

76ANTHONY
06-11-2007, 02:44 PM
I have debated getting a prenup since day 1 of our relationship and Jen is fully aware and supportive of the idea.This has nothing to do with my love for her and is soley for the purpose of protecting property and future company ownership.(If I won 100 million in the lottery today or a year from now I would give her half without thinking twice)
I don't have a family/business lawyer to bounce ideas off and figure someone would have some insight on getting a pre-nup set up.
There are online legal companies that will do the doccument for you and then you have a paralegal complete the forms. (Do these hold up in CA?:idea: )
I have heard that if I go through a lawyer and have it drawn up she will then have to get her own lawyer to go over the paperwork with her and sign off.
I have heard that you need to have the prenup completed prior to mailing out the wedding invites so they won't throw it out based on the bride being pressured to sign.
prenup shmenup, you dont need that shiat, she aint gonna marry yo azz anyway, she just wanted the ring:D :D :D

djunkie
I think your confusing me and Djunkie;)
I moved out when I was 20 and bought my first house at 24:D
Not me. I collected Stars Wars memorabilia not Star Trek. :D :D

Cole Trickle
never done one of these myself. One firm I worked for during a summer did them, the Partner found out I was getting married and gave me his "form" -- it was about 5 inches thick.
FWIW, I think you should have a lawyer do it for a couple of big reasons. 1) this is some complicated stuff with a lot of overlapping areas of law -- Pesions for example involve fed ERISA rights, community property and taxation issues among other things. I seriously doubt anything available off the net would be enforceable if you ever need it to be. 2) You are buying an insurance policy -- the lawyer's malpractice policy -- in case something goes wrong.
Of Course, everything is cost/benefit. I don't know what the size of the estate is, but if it is big enough for you to want a prenup, it is probably big enough for you to spend the money to do it right.
I can't think of anyone off the cuff to refer you too, but I can ask around if you want. I am sure some of my contacts do prenups, I have just never talked to them about them.
Thanks for the info
Any contacts would be appreciated.:)

Ziggy
06-11-2007, 02:47 PM
A prenup for a few assests should be relatively easy....
I do believe the appreciation and subsequent deposits are subject to community property laws.
Its hateful to even plan for such an event but in some cases its a neccessary evil.
Protect what is yours prior to marraige but any income(like in Gramps case) after wedlock is included into the divorce decree....much depends on the state you are in too.

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 02:47 PM
:idea: :idea: I'm not getting remarried any time soon, but it would be nice to know how she would be protected from your liabilities. Is that even possible? I know some people that have gotten into trouble in business and "the man" does not hold back on the corporate officers or their spouses...even when a trust is involved.
We have E/O coverage and the buiness isn't all that risky(Insurance)
I assume the Prenup would protect the both of us from eachothers finnancial problems. (Debt,liabilities,etc...)
shouldn't be a problem as we will not be co mingualing funds,bank accounts,credit cards,etc....(We have lived life this way since 99)

djunkie
06-11-2007, 02:49 PM
We have E/O coverage and the buiness isn't all that risky(Insurance)
I assume the Prenup would protect the both of us from eachothers finnancial problems. (Debt,liabilities,etc...)
shouldn't be a problem as we will not be co mingualing funds,bank accounts,credit cards,etc....(We have lived life this way since 99)
Just wait till them wedding papers are signed...........:D :D

HokeySon
06-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Its a good idea to have someone that owes her a fiduciary duty to explain things to her without you involved. On the backend of these its gerneally comes down to fairness, understanding and overreaching. Have someone give her advice helps on all that.
I have heard that you need to have the prenup completed prior to mailing out the wedding invites so they won't throw it out based on the bride being pressured to sign. Never heard of that, maybe it is a fact to be considered on the facts above -- I am confident you would not find that in the code though.
Also, from reading another one of your posts, you should talk to a lawyer because what you seem to be concerned about is "transmutation" of the character of an asset (changing from sep property to communicaty). There are specific rules on that stuff which, if they are explained to you, might make you feel more confortable without a prenup. I can give you the basics if you want. PM me.

barbigrl
Hey CT I work for a family law attorney. We do pre-nups!! Just PM me if you are interested!

Cole Trickle
A prenup for a few assests should be relatively easy....
I do believe the appreciation and subsequent deposits are subject to community property laws.
Its hateful to even plan for such an event but in some cases its a neccessary evil.
Protect what is yours prior to marraige but any income(like in Gramps case) after wedlock is included into the divorce decree....much depends on the state you are in too.
So will the prenum help me with future earnings if I have that included/listed. One of my fears is I know I will 2-4X my annual income over the next 20 years once I buy out my company and I want that to be protected.

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey CT I work for a family law attorney. We do pre-nups!! Just PM me if you are interested!
Hook a brother up. Can you put me in contact with someone that will take care of me for afair price?:)
Hopefully it won't be one of the drunk chicks from your office...lol:D

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 02:54 PM
No worries...we are actually getting married in the British Virgin Islands and there marriages are not recognized in CA;):D
Shhhh.....don't tell Jen:D

GETSOME
So will the prenum help me with future earnings if I have that included/listed. One of my fears is I know I will 2-4X my annual income over the next 20 years once I buy out my company and I want that to be protected.
I guess you will be going from BALLER to SUPER BALLER status...

barbigrl
Hook a brother up. Can you put me in contact with someone that will take care of me for afair price?:)
Hopefully it won't be one of the drunk chicks from your office...lol:D
Haha...ok if I hook you up you have to promise not to tell my boss we get drunk at work!! lol...
Yes he will give you a good deal!!
Call me at work: 562-597-7070

djunkie
06-11-2007, 02:55 PM
I guess you will be going from BALLER to SUPER BALLER status...
Funny how that mofo cries so poor too.

OutCole'd
06-11-2007, 02:56 PM
More like welding papers..... Trickle's screwed.:D

djunkie
No worries...we are actually getting married in the British Virgin Islands and there marriages are not recognized in CA;):D
Shhhh.....don't tell Jen:D
What happened to the High Class backyard fiesta? :D :D

Cole Trickle
Haha...ok if I hook you up you have to promise not to tell my boss we get drunk at work!! lol...
Yes he will give you a good deal!!
Call me at work: 562-597-7070
Cool deal I will call you tommorow:)
Don't worry your secret is safe with me:D

djunkie
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 02:58 PM
lol
Atleast I will be 6' and have hair when I am poor:D;):devil:

djunkie
06-11-2007, 02:59 PM
lol
Well I can at least say I've got the 6' covered. :rolleyes: :D :D

Cole Trickle
What happened to the High Class backyard fiesta? :D :D
I was able to find a website that files the paperwork to turn my backyard into the BV Islands for a per day charge;):D:jawdrop:

djunkie
1999 to 2007...common law marriage baby, too late!
Actually I have no idea:D
I thought I heard that doesn't work anymore. :idea:

GETSOME
You all ready found the needle in the hay stack what are you worried about!:D :D :D

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 03:00 PM
1999 to 2007...common law marriage baby, too late!
Actually I have no idea:D
We have only lived together for 5 years:D;)

djunkie
06-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I was able to find a website that files the paperwork to turn my backyard into the BV Islands for a per day charge;):D:jawdrop:
So no Pinata then? :mad: :mad:

OutCole'd
06-11-2007, 03:01 PM
lol
Well I can at least say I've got the 6' covered. :rolleyes: :D :D
And I've got hair......:( :D

OutCole'd
06-11-2007, 03:01 PM
That's it, you can keep my invitation, I'm OUT!

GETSOME
06-11-2007, 03:03 PM
I thought I heard that doesn't work anymore. :idea:
True in Ca. Not in some other states though.

FOREVER2DOXIES
06-11-2007, 03:04 PM
first of all, if you reside in California better see whether or not prenuptual agreements are honored here. They never used to be. That would be the first part of your investigation no matter what state you reside in. After that, you can probably go to one of those stores that charge you $$$ to fill out your own forms and file them thru the court system on your own (ie: "We The People")

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 03:06 PM
And I've got hair......:( :D
Pretty creative post that handles two turkeys with one stone;):D

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 03:07 PM
You all ready found the needle in the hay stack what are you worried about!:D :D :D
Honestly I am not worried....But I would be a fool to think i am the first man that has ever typed that phrase and not lost there ass.:)

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 03:08 PM
LOL....we had a pinata at my house Saturday:D:D
<----not kidding:jawdrop: :D

FOREVER2DOXIES
06-11-2007, 03:08 PM
also....california doesnt honor "common law"...if they did I would be married :eek:

GETSOME
06-11-2007, 03:11 PM
:) Honestly I am not worried....But I would be a fool to think i am the first man that has ever typed that phrase and not lost there ass.:)
Because you are smarter then the average bear.

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 03:15 PM
:)
Because you are smarter then the average bear.
Just a creature of my own enviroment. Don't forget my parents have been divorced a combined 5X. ;) :eek:
I fully plan on being married until death do us part:)

barbigrl
06-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Cool deal I will call you tommorow:)
Don't worry your secret is safe with me:D
Well if you hire us I will know all your secrets!! So it better be safe!! lol...
Don't worry I would never break attorney-client privilage. :)

barbigrl
06-11-2007, 03:19 PM
first of all, if you reside in California better see whether or not prenuptual agreements are honored here. They never used to be. That would be the first part of your investigation no matter what state you reside in. After that, you can probably go to one of those stores that charge you $$$ to fill out your own forms and file them thru the court system on your own (ie: "We The People")
That is the first I have ever heard of a pre-nup not being honored in CA. Also YOU ALWAYS want an attorney to view a pre-nup. I would never recommend someone to do it themselves. Shoot yourself in the foot.
Also Pre-Nups are not filed with the court. It is a contract between two parties. The only way it ever gets seen by the court is if the parties chose to divorce.

Ziggy
06-11-2007, 03:21 PM
I think any future earnings after you're married is community, you're just able to protect assests you owned prior to marraige.....in my case each year my wife signs a waiver pretaining to aquired share assets. Documented within the corp minutes as well...

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 03:27 PM
I think any future earnings after you're married is community, you're just able to protect assests you owned prior to marraige.....in my case each year my wife signs a waiver pretaining to aquired share assets. Documented within the corp minutes as well...
I have never heard of that. I was always under the assumption that a prenup would be a good idea for both parties even if you own nothing now.Lets say that Jen starts her own company and becomes a millionaire I would want her protected.
I know Donald Trump has always gotten away fairly cheap divorce settlment wise and his worth/assets probably shift 5 times a year.
I look forward to speaking with someone that knows the in's/outs.:)

phebus
06-11-2007, 03:37 PM
http://starfields.org/images/news/ball-and-chain.jpg

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 03:40 PM
http://starfields.org/images/news/ball-and-chain.jpg
It's way worse than that!!!
That figurine is smiling and not holding a gun;):D

Ziggy
06-11-2007, 03:49 PM
I have never heard of that. I was always under the assumption that a prenup would be a good idea for both parties even if you own nothing now.Lets say that Jen starts her own company and becomes a millionaire I would want her protected.
I know Donald Trump has always gotten away fairly cheap divorce settlment wise and his worth/assets probably shift 5 times a year.
I look forward to speaking with someone that knows the in's/outs.:)
Its a little tricky but its also voluntary on her part and all it does is allow me to buy back any shares(1st right) at original cost rather than market value.....pretty much a formality on our part.
If Jen starts a company during your marraige you are good to go ;) :D j/k. Normal behavior would say what you did but divorce breeds greed.....
I have a customer right now thats mad at US because we can't simply change the name on her hubbys lease to hers without his signature and an approval by the finance company for her:rolleyes: He's fine with it but I'm guessing she has shitty credit...LOL
By the sounds of it, you have a great relationship and an agreement by the two of you upfront should be easy as pie.....

Ivan Dan
06-11-2007, 04:03 PM
LOL....we had a pinata at my house Saturday:D:D
<----not kidding:jawdrop: :D
That was easily the funniest thing I've seen in a LONG time. :D :) That was a fun night!

Cole Trickle
06-11-2007, 04:08 PM
That was easily the funniest thing I've seen in a LONG time. :D :) That was a fun night!
That was easiliest the fastest demolition of a pinata I had ever witnessed.....Classic!!!:D:D
Everyone had a blast!:) :)

GETSOME
06-11-2007, 04:10 PM
:confused: That was easiliest the fastest demolition of a pinata I had ever witnessed.....Classic!!!:D:D
Everyone had a blast!:) :)
Did i miss a good party?:confused:

Ivan Dan
06-11-2007, 04:19 PM
:confused:
Did i miss a good party?:confused:
Ya you did....we laughed our asses off till like 2am.

EmpirE231
06-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Hmm keep this thread updated, because I'm interested in knowing all the steps and costs involved in getting one of these correctly done.
the online places make it sound easy, such as legalzoom.com.... but don't know how effective they are?

caroftheweek
06-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Call Dan Gray. he is like 2 minutes from your office. 714-505-0200
on a side note. I don't think it is necessary. how long have you guys been together? Loooonnnnggg time. plus, i don't think Jen would take you to the cleaners if something happened anyway.
Just my opinion...
Ryan

Nord
06-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Good info....
Has she contributed any money towards the payments of this house??

caroftheweek
06-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Aren't you putting the cart (divorce) in front of the horse (marriage)?
it is like planning for failure. maybe i am just different but it just seems to put a damper on the marriage as a whole.

djunkie
06-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Hopefully if she has he has her put "Rent" in the note section of the check. :D :D

Nord
06-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Hopefully if she has he has her put "Rent" in the note section of the check. :D :D
THAT IS 100% CORRECT!!

djunkie
06-11-2007, 07:22 PM
it is like planning for failure. maybe i am just different but it just seems to put a damper on the marriage as a whole.
Nowadays you can never be too safe. Some women take offense to a prenup but I feel that if they don't wanna sign it then its like they plan on it not working out.

djunkie
06-11-2007, 07:23 PM
THAT IS 100% CORRECT!!
Thats what I will be doing. I'll even claim it on my taxes. The little I'll lose on a tax return will out weigh if the relationship falls apart.

Ziggy
06-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Thats what I will be doing. I'll even claim it on my taxes. The little I'll lose on a tax return will out weigh if the relationship falls apart.
Yeah, yeah, sure, sure "Mr. I might know someone who needs one of these too"
:D :D

djunkie
06-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah, yeah, sure, sure "Mr. I might know someone who needs one of these too"
:D :D
Serious I do know someone. :D :D

Devil's Advocate
06-11-2007, 07:50 PM
We'll be right behind you. ;) Getting married in early October in Tahiti (BVI was a close second choice..;)) Congrats on the wedding and good luck with the pre-nup stuff, hopefully it won't be needed! We're not doing it, to my knowledge.:eek: :eek: :D

No Name
06-11-2007, 08:18 PM
We're not doing it, to my knowledge.:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Windy
06-11-2007, 08:24 PM
We'll be right behind you. ;) Getting married in early October in Tahiti (BVI was a close second choice..;)) Congrats on the wedding and good luck with the pre-nup stuff, hopefully it won't be needed! We're not doing it, to my knowledge.:eek: :eek: :D
And we are behind you guys...Getting married next spring in Havasu. :)

Devil's Advocate
06-11-2007, 09:11 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:eek: :hammer2:
And we are behind you guys...Getting married next spring in Havasu. :)
Must be something in the water.:D Congrats to you two also!;)

ratso
06-12-2007, 06:18 AM
:eek: :hammer2:
Must be something in the water.:D Congrats to you two also!;)
Glad I'm not drinking the same water ya'll are drinking...:jawdrop:

HavaSkank
06-12-2007, 06:24 AM
Amen Brutha

blackcloud75
06-12-2007, 07:24 AM
We buy insurance before we wreck our cars............right?
We never plan on wreckn' em..

Devil's Advocate
06-12-2007, 07:30 AM
I'm glad you're not drinking it too.:eek: :D

barbigrl
06-12-2007, 07:37 AM
That is the best point anyone has made on this thread!
Brandon just call my office, you will have all your answers. However, Scott, the attorney how handles the pre-nups will not be back in the office unitl tomorrow. He has been out of the country. He is a really cool guy, not a stuffy old attorney!! lol... :)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-12-2007, 07:48 AM
If you're serious about a pre-nup, have a professional do it. Don't go half-assed. Just pay the $$ and get it done right. Otherwise, it's like paying $495for an estate plan. It'll be riddled with holes.

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 07:49 AM
She pays rent and that is it.:)
Honestly I am not worried due to the fact that we have an amazing relationship and always see things on the same level...... but with the divorce rate in California anyone that has anything to loose would be making a huge mistake in atleast not investigating how to protect there assets.
Would you go into business with a partner and invest half a million dollars without drawing up papers to protect yourself? ( Like I stated earlier this has nothing to do with my love for her and my desire to be married until the end of time)

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Great point:)

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 07:50 AM
That is the best point anyone has made on this thread!
Brandon just call my office, you will have all your answers. However, Scott, the attorney how handles the pre-nups will not be back in the office unitl tomorrow. He has been out of the country. He is a really cool guy, not a stuffy old attorney!! lol... :)
Sounds good I will give you a buzz tommorow.:)

blackcloud75
06-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Marriage is a BUSINESS CONTRACT, a lot of people don't realize it until divorce is imminent and profits are divided. Business Owners always seek council upon mergers, expantion, transfer of deed.
FYI- My chick's mom has been trying to finalize her divorce for the last 8 years....greed of both parties and lawyers doesnt help......she stands to get $3000/month(alimony?sp?) until she dies or gets re-married again....guarenteed she will never get married again!!!!
Divorce statistics don't lie...

I GOT LUCKY!
06-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I got a prenup and it saved a lot of money when I split two years ago!! We didn't need to get lawyers involved when we decided to get divorsed. He found a lawyer and I had our family lawyer to draw it up. You never think you are going to get divorsed and then it just happens!!! Spend the money now and have peace of mind for both of you!

blackcloud75
06-12-2007, 12:55 PM
For as sarcastic as I may sound.....I have high-regard for the couples who remain together until death-do-they-part......
I wish anyone getting married the best of luck...
Cory

EmpirE231
06-12-2007, 01:28 PM
and by either person in the relationship refusing to sign a pre-nup, is pretty much saying they wan't half your shit if you do get divorced!! most people against them, just don't really understand what they are.
just consider it insurance... just like you have on your home or auto.

caroftheweek
06-12-2007, 01:37 PM
to each their own...
it is apparent that i am in the minority on this one.:D
Nikki and I wish you and Jen the best. see you soon.

lucky
06-12-2007, 01:39 PM
I got a prenup and it saved a lot of money when I split two years ago!! We didn't need to get lawyers involved when we decided to get divorsed. He found a lawyer and I had our family lawyer to draw it up. You never think you are going to get divorsed and then it just happens!!! Spend the money now and have peace of mind for both of you!
:eek: a pre nup - you mean you don't want all my riches ;)

lucky
06-12-2007, 01:41 PM
For as sarcastic as I may sound.....I have high-regard for the couples who remain together until death-do-they-part......
I wish anyone getting married the best of luck...
Cory
yea - so did O-J
actually i do also, although a majority of them bitch at each other like "old married couples":D

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 01:42 PM
to each their own...
Nikki is the bread winner in your relationship so I can understand your thinking...lol;):D
You sure you want to make the move to AZ?
Pretty sure they have scorpions there and your new insurance agent is gonna suck!!!:D:devil:

djunkie
06-12-2007, 01:45 PM
to each their own...
I completely understand where your coming from. I used to think the same. If it we were in the 70's I wouldn't even think about having a prenup but after seeing the horrors some friends have gone through I see it as no other way to go about it.

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 01:57 PM
I completely understand where your coming from. I used to think the same. If it we were in the 70's I wouldn't even think about having a prenup but after seeing the horrors some friends have gone through I see it as no other way to go about it.
I have know both women and men that have lost alot when a relationship fails. Wether it be assets or being stuck with the other halfs bad finnancial decisions.
If I had 100 million I could afford to loose half but quoting the great Chris Rock...If she takes half of 30K a year I'm gonna kill the bitch;):D

djunkie
06-12-2007, 02:10 PM
I have know both women and men that have lost alot when a relationship fails. Wether it be assets or being stuck with the other halfs bad finnancial decisions.
If I had 100 million I could afford to loose half but quoting the great Chris Rock...If she takes half of 30K a year I'm gonna kill the bitch;):D
For you it'd be like half of $100k+ you baller. :D :D

Havasu1986
06-12-2007, 02:11 PM
C.T. Doesn't you better half lurk on here ? Has she been reading all this good advice. :)

bohica
06-12-2007, 02:28 PM
My prenup, put the wife up against the wall, drew 2 lines on either side and told her you grow oiutside the lines and your outta here.:sqeyes:
On a serious note, with things like real estate, you can accomplish what you are trying to do by simply titleing the property as sole and separate property. One thing to remember, as was ruled by the California courts is that a spouse can not sign away the rights to alimony or future support. I beleive the courts ruled that since there is no way in determining what the value of alimony or future earnings is worth, one could not sign those rights away. Of course you could put it in the prenup, but it surviving in the courts is a whole different story.

Darrell's Bro
06-12-2007, 02:30 PM
A great prenup is cheap insurance. Use a good lawyer. A good one will video tape the explaination and signing to avoid anyone making an argument that it was signed under duress or not fully understood.
Just my .02 worth (from a guy who has paid 100s of 1,000s to an exwife for the privilege of having been married)

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 02:40 PM
C.T. Doesn't you better half lurk on here ? Has she been reading all this good advice. :)
Our relationship is an open book with no secrets.....:)
We have discussed prenups for several years and she has emailed me links to different providers.
I actually asked how she would feel about starting this thread and she thought it was a good idea and encouraged me.
ask anyone that knows us and they will advise how strong our relationship is. Honestly it has been easy since day one (8/99) and you could count out disagreements on one hand.(We understand that marraige/family life will be work and we are dedicated to that):D:D

djunkie
06-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Our relationship is an open book with no secrets.....:)
We have discussed prenups for several years and she has emailed me links to different providers.
I actually asked how she would feel about starting this thread and she thought it was a good idea and encouraged me.
ask anyone that knows us and they will advise how strong our relationship is. Honestly it has been easy since day one (8/99) and you could count out disagreements on one hand.(We understand that marraige/family life will be work and we are dedicated to that):D:D
Thats great bud. By the way, tell her I said thanks for this afternoon. Oh and I left you a couple beers in the fridge. :D :D

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
My prenup, put the wife up against the wall, drew 2 lines on either side and told her you grow oiutside the lines and your outta here.:sqeyes:
On a serious note, with things like real estate, you can accomplish what you are trying to do by simply titleing the property as sole and separate property. One thing to remember, as was ruled by the California courts is that a spouse can not sign away the rights to alimony or future support. I beleive the courts ruled that since there is no way in determining what the value of alimony or future earnings is worth, one could not sign those rights away. Of course you could put it in the prenup, but it surviving in the courts is a whole different story.
My homes have always stated that and I will continue to buy houses in my name on my credit alone. without a prenup will a house in soley my name not be considered community property?
I would be a fool to think that I won't buy more houses since I am only 30.

76ANTHONY
06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
cole just take naked dirty pics of her and when its over and she wants half tell her you'll publish it in her weekly newsletter at work and on hbo...:D

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Thats great bud. By the way, tell her I said thanks for this afternoon. Oh and I left you a couple beers in the fridge. :D :D
BEER?:D:D:
you stopping by again tommorow?;):devil:

76ANTHONY
My homes have always stated that and I will continue to buy houses in my name on my credit alone. without a prenup will a house in soley my name not be considered community property?
I would be a fool to think that I won't buy more houses since I am only 30.
30? dam you dont look a day over 40 biatchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D

Cole Trickle
cole just take naked dirty pics of her and when its over and she wants half tell her you'll publish it in her weekly newsletter at work and on hbo...:D
Done Deal;):D
anyother good marriage advise...lol??:eek: :idea:

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 02:44 PM
30? dam you dont look a day over 40 biatchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D
As long as shorty cakes thinks I'm a hottie I am ok with your insults;):D

caroftheweek
06-12-2007, 02:47 PM
I have friends that have been wiped clean by their "other halves" but you know, most of the time they brought it upon themselves.
A prenup, to me is the easy way out if something should arise in the marriage. "if it doesn't work, I will just leave" That seems to be the attitude of most people. They don't "try" to make it work. If there was no prenup there might be more effort to work things out and save the marriage. It seems that most of the marital problems revolve around communication issues that can be resolved fairly easily with a little effort.
Statistics are statistics. Just because 50% of the people are getting divorced doesn't mean you will. It has no basis on the outcome of your marriage. You will get out of it what you put in.
Sorry for the rant. now back to the regular HB sandbox:)

76ANTHONY
06-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Done Deal;):D
anyother good marriage advise...lol??:eek: :idea:
awwwahahahaha yeah i see your point about the advise, hell i already won a bottle of morgan, why push it:D

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 02:57 PM
I have friends that have been wiped clean by their "other halves" but you know, most of the time they brought it upon themselves.
A prenup, to me is the easy way out if something should arise in the marriage. "if it doesn't work, I will just leave" That seems to be the attitude of most people. They don't "try" to make it work. If there was no prenup there might be more effort to work things out and save the marriage. It seems that most of the marital problems revolve around communication issues that can be resolved fairly easily with a little effort.
Statistics are statistics. Just because 50% of the people are getting divorced doesn't mean you will. It has no basis on the outcome of your marriage. You will get out of it what you put in.
Sorry for the rant. now back to the regular HB sandbox:)
I think it's cool that you have that much faith in the world:)
Would you drive to Vegas tonight and flip a quarter for everything you have ever earned?
*****Heads you keep it
*****Tails you donate it all to charity
It's worse than gambling because even when you win you keep what you had. (No double or nothing odds like in a casino)
Also to touch upon giving people a way out I would have to disagree......Once someone emotionally checks out of a relationship I think it is very hard to re-ignite that flame.(It could happen) I have know kids that are more messed up from parents sticking it out that they would have been if they were divorced and created healthier relationships seperate.

Gator Gal
06-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Good info....
As a paralegal with years of experience (including my own divorce), I recommend you see a good lawyer -- don't go for the cheapest but one who specializes in family law. You need to protect your business and, if it doesn't come via inheritance, she'll get half of it. She will be entitled to half of the appreciation on the house so you might want to get it appraised. Other things you might want to discuss with the lawyer are your pension plan, any stock options, etc. And be sure your boat is protected. ;) Yes, alimony should also be addressed. It's not a really pleasurable exercise to do this before getting married but I sure wish I'd done it. I practically had to pay him alimony!:o Good luck!

EmpirE231
06-12-2007, 02:59 PM
sp:
Works both ways.... if he gets the prenup... it might be easier for him to walk away, but not for her, because she won't be getting as much.... and vise versa if he didn't get a pre-nup ... easier for her to bail, because life would be alot easier with half his assets... and harder for him to leave because life would suck without half his assets.
it's a cruel world these days, and it sucks it has to be this way. but you can thank the womens rights movement for that :D lol :eek: j/k

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 03:00 PM
As a paralegal with years of experience (including my own divorce), I recommend you see a good lawyer -- don't go for the cheapest but one who specializes in family law. You need to protect your business and, if it doesn't come via inheritance, she'll get half of it. She will be entitled to half of the appreciation on the house so you might want to get it appraised. Other things you might want to discuss with the lawyer are your pension plan, any stock options, etc. And be sure your boat is protected. ;) Yes, alimony should also be addressed. It's not a really pleasurable exercise to do this before getting married but I sure wish I'd done it. I practically had to pay him alimony!:o Good luck!
Thanks for the info...:)
Based on your experience can I have current and future properties/investmenst protected?
Prenups work both ways my cousin (female) retired at 40 with a couple million from the .com/tech era. when she got divorced her ex took half and she is now working a 9-5 with nothing substansial in the bank.

76ANTHONY
06-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Would you drive to Vegas tonight and flip a quarter for everything you have ever earned?
*****Heads you keep it
It's worse than gambling because even when you win you keep what you had. (No double or nothing odds like in a casino)
Also to touch upon giving people a way out I would have to disagree......Once someone emotionally checks out of a relationship I think it is very hard to re-ignite that flame.(It could happen) I have know kids that are more messed up from parents sticking it out that they would have been if they were divorced and created healthier relationships seperate.
when she gets ready to leave you, threaten her, just say these magic words, " IF YOU LEAVE ME IM GONNA TELL 76 YOUR SINGLE" she'll think twice im sure:D :D :D

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 03:05 PM
when she gets ready to leave you, threaten her, just say these magic words, " IF YOU LEAVE ME IM GONNA TELL 76 YOUR SINGLE" she'll think twice im sure:D :D :D
:idea: :idea: :idea:
Strangely I think that might work about 500% better than an air tight prenup...lol:D ;)

caroftheweek
06-12-2007, 03:19 PM
*****Heads you keep it
Its not faith in the world. It is faith in my wife and our relationship. The "world" is the reason we are having this discussion right now.
As far as the vegas comment. That is like saying that you met Jen today and decided to marry her tonight. we all know that you would not do that. You have cultivated a relationship over the last 8 years so the odds are in your favor. ;)

Nord
06-12-2007, 03:25 PM
She pays rent and that is it.:)
Honestly I am not worried due to the fact that we have an amazing relationship and always see things on the same level...... but with the divorce rate in California anyone that has anything to loose would be making a huge mistake in atleast not investigating how to protect there assets.
Would you go into business with a partner and invest half a million dollars without drawing up papers to protect yourself? ( Like I stated earlier this has nothing to do with my love for her and my desire to be married until the end of time)
Does she have a lease written up??

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Does she have a lease written up??
no:)

Nord
06-12-2007, 03:37 PM
no:)
Well, the state of California does not recognize common law marriage, this works in your favor. However, if she is paying part of your mortgage, I think this can be a problem. Especially since she has been paying it since you bought the house. Don't take me wrong, I don't think something is going to go wrong between you guys, but then again....................you never know.
I think the pre-nup is a must.
If I ever get married, I have to have one. Let me know what you come up with as I will be interested :)

Havasu1986
06-12-2007, 03:42 PM
If I ever get married, I have to have one. Let me know what you come up with as I will be interested :)
Dave...Speaking of beer cart girl...I talked to her again last Sun..Shes always trying to give me free food and beer when I tell her I'm on H.B. :D

76ANTHONY
06-12-2007, 03:44 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea:
Strangely I think that might work about 500% better than an air tight prenup...lol:D ;)
the bad thing about that is, i fricken believe you:jawdrop: :D :D

mbrown2
06-12-2007, 03:44 PM
I think the same could be said for relationships without them.....the person that could gain what they did not have going in can get more going out by walking away and divorcing..... In the event folks have assets going in, I would think if things are clearly stated up front then all you have to worry about is making the relationship ship work through love.....cause all the finances if dissolved are already dealt with before hand....
As with any business dealing, when there is risk and assets to be floundered then get a lawyer or an accountant to help prevent or minimize that risk...
That said I don't have one cause when my wife to be an I bought our 1st place at 20, I made a fraction of what I make today and did not have a pot to piss in...

Nord
06-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Dave...Speaking of beer cart girl...I talked to her again last Sun..Shes always trying to give me free food and beer when I tell her I'm on H.B. :D
We broke up.........thanks for reminding me she is still around though.:eek:
I miss her, but I don't...........she called me today. We'll see.......

Havasu1986
06-12-2007, 04:05 PM
We broke up.........thanks for reminding me she is still around though.:eek:
I miss her, but I don't...........she called me today. We'll see.......
Sorry to hear. :(

Nord
06-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Sorry to hear. :(
Its alright, she is amazing. Maybe it will work out one day. Today is definately not that day.
Anyhoo..........back to the p-nup:D

HighRoller
06-12-2007, 05:38 PM
I only have three points.
1.)If you ask her to sign a pre nup you're telling her your money means more than the success or failure of the marriage.
2.)If you are not absolutely, positively convinced you will be with her forever why are you marrying her? It's not a car lease, it's marriage! You know, til death do us part and all that crap. If you don't know enough about her to know if she has a character issue that will end the relationship you need to delay the marriage and spend more time with her. If there's a possibility you guys will just get sick of each other, don't get married.
3.)Unless you have more than like 10 million a pre-nup is silly. It's only money and you can make more.
This is coming from a guy who dated his wife 6 years before he married her because I wanted to be sure. I am, and no pre-nup was needed because only death will separate us.

No Name
06-12-2007, 05:41 PM
you need to delay the marriage
:idea: :D

Devil's Advocate
06-12-2007, 05:57 PM
:idea: :D
Oh well that's a new idea for ya.:rolleyes: :D

Cole Trickle
06-12-2007, 06:22 PM
I only have three points.
1.)If you ask her to sign a pre nup you're telling her your money means more than the success or failure of the marriage.
2.)If you are not absolutely, positively convinced you will be with her forever why are you marrying her? It's not a car lease, it's marriage! You know, til death do us part and all that crap. If you don't know enough about her to know if she has a character issue that will end the relationship you need to delay the marriage and spend more time with her. If there's a possibility you guys will just get sick of each other, don't get married.
3.)Unless you have more than like 10 million a pre-nup is silly. It's only money and you can make more.
This is coming from a guy who dated his wife 6 years before he married her because I wanted to be sure. I am, and no pre-nup was needed because only death will separate us.
Thanks for the opinion:)
Jen and I have been inseperable since 99 and have lived together for over 5 years with nothing more than a hiccup.
There is no doubt that our relationship is as strong as they come. I wish you life long success with your marriage but being finnanccially nieve is something I refuse to be.
I am just gathering info at this time and have made zero deffinate decisions.But when I make that decision it will be based on facts and not emotion.
B

HighRoller
06-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Sounds good. Here's my take; if you're really going to give yourself and your heart to this woman there's no avoiding being hurt financially and emotionally. That's the crappy thing is that love is the only human emotion that can completely control you. Even if you have a pre-nup and she wants your coin she'll just spend it while she's still married to you. There's NO protection from someone who lacks integrity so if you're sure she's the one it's not naive to invest EVERYTHING in the marriage.
On your wedding day the preacher will say "And now you are one". Don't dishonor a special girl by making her sign a caveat to your wedding vows that says you have a contingency plan just in case. Marriage is like poker. You need to go All-In!!

ratso
06-12-2007, 07:00 PM
I've noticed No Name has been following this thread closely...:D

Devil's Advocate
06-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the opinion:)
Jen and I have been inseperable since 99 and have lived together for over 5 years with nothing more than a hiccup.
There is no doubt that our relationship is as strong as they come. I wish you life long success with your marriage but being finnanccially nieve is something I refuse to be.
I am just gathering info at this time and have made zero deffinate decisions.But when I make that decision it will be based on facts and not emotion.
B
Sounds good. Here's my take; if you're really going to give yourself and your heart to this woman there's no avoiding being hurt financially and emotionally. That's the crappy thing is that love is the only human emotion that can completely control you. Even if you have a pre-nup and she wants your coin she'll just spend it while she's still married to you. There's NO protection from someone who lacks integrity so if you're sure she's the one it's not naive to invest EVERYTHING in the marriage.
On your wedding day the preacher will say "And now you are one". Don't dishonor a special girl by making her sign a caveat to your wedding vows that says you have a contingency plan just in case. Marriage is like poker. You need to go All-In!!
Even though my thoughts on the matter are little more in favor of HighRoller's, you both make good points for both sides. I guess it mainly comes down to each couple and each individuals values, beliefs and set of circumstances.

Devil's Advocate
06-12-2007, 07:01 PM
I've noticed No Name has been following this thread closely...:D
I've been waiting for you to chime in.:D

ratso
06-12-2007, 07:02 PM
I've been waiting for you to chime in.:D
I'm just here for Immoral Support...:D

Devil's Advocate
06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm just here for Immoral Support...:D
And I know you mean that sincerly.:D

GETSOME
06-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Just FYI if she puts RENT in the note section you will have to pay income taxes on the rent she pays.

Nord
06-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Just FYI if she puts RENT in the note section you will have to pay income taxes on the rent she pays.
Thats how all my renters screw me:mad:

Magic34
06-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I totally understand why he would want a pre-nup.
I mean... He needs to do everything he can to keep her loyal. Look at him, even his dog strays, let alone his soon to be wife. :D :D :eek:

Ivan Dan
06-12-2007, 10:56 PM
I totally understand why he would want a pre-nup.
I mean... He needs to do everything he can to keep her loyal. Look at him, even his dog strays, let alone his soon to be wife. :D :D :eek:
DAMN man....that one's a low blow! :sqeyes: :) :D

BADASS38CHEVY
06-12-2007, 11:40 PM
I hope you are joking!!!`My husband had way more then other Men had and never ask for a pre nup. Brandon tell me this is a joke??? Summer

djunkie
06-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Yup I know this. Its cheaper than having to pay her off if she decides to split and claims she was making payments on the house though.

BADASS38CHEVY
06-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Yup I know this. Its cheaper than having to pay her off if she decides to split and claims she was making payments on the house though.
He has had the house what less then a year pls! This question has to be a joke. Summer

Cole Trickle
06-13-2007, 07:43 AM
WTH...is wrong with this board and the double posts....lol

Cole Trickle
06-13-2007, 07:45 AM
He has had the house what less then a year pls! This question has to be a joke. Summer
Just investigating sweety...Jen is fully aware and we were reading the thread together last night.:):)
Honestly sharing the appreciation in the house dosen't bother me but I could never afford for the family business to trade hands. Several long term employees (20+ yrs) would be out of a job if it ever became an issue.
I have had the house for 14 months but I put a sizeable down payment from the equity I had in my condo.
Just for everyones info there has always been a plan set forth with my family that if I was god forbid killed Jen would get a majority of the equity from the sale of the house so she would be taken care of. If we broke up today there is no way I would let her leave empty handed for all that she has added to my life.
I need to stop by soon and grab another top or two for my palapas.

BshyBvrGirl
06-13-2007, 08:11 AM
so, frankly, I don't think you have to justify why you want to get a pre-nup. Unfortunately, they have been publicly misconstrued as documents that show doubt in a relationship, rather than what it really comes down to, financial protection for BOTH parties in a relationship. Pre-nups aren't one sided.
Go ahead and get a good lawyer that both you and your fiancee are comfortable with and start planning your financial future.

ratso
06-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Just investigating sweety...Jen is fully aware and we were reading the thread together last night.:):)
Honestly sharing the appreciation in the house dosen't bother me but I could never afford for the family business to trade hands. Several long term employees (20+ yrs) would be out of a job if it ever became an issue.
I have had the house for 14 months but I put a sizeable down payment from the equity I had in my condo.
Just for everyones info there has always been a plan set forth with my family that if I was god forbid killed Jen would get a majority of the equity from the sale of the house so she would be taken care of. If we broke up today there is no way I would let her leave empty handed for all that she has added to my life.
I need to stop by soon and grab another top or two for my palapas.
I can't count how many times I heard that one!:D

Cole Trickle
06-13-2007, 08:50 AM
I can't count how many times I heard that one!:D
lol...I would pack her bags and give her cab fare;):D

djunkie
06-13-2007, 12:35 PM
so, frankly, I don't think you have to justify why you want to get a pre-nup. Unfortunately, they have been publicly misconstrued as documents that show doubt in a relationship, rather than what it really comes down to, financial protection for BOTH parties in a relationship. Pre-nups aren't one sided.
Go ahead and get a good lawyer that both you and your fiancee are comfortable with and start planning your financial future.
BINGO!!!!!!!!

djunkie
06-13-2007, 12:36 PM
lol...I would pack her bags and give her cab fare;):D
Forget the cab. I'll come pick her up. Chicks on the rebound are very vulnerable and great in the sack. :crossx: J/K Jen. :D :D