PDA

View Full Version : My kid is smoking pot..........

rmarion
06-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I confronting him in 10 minutes............
he's 19, lives at home and works for me.......
I'm not a smoker or drinker.......
any advice (except take it up)
I could use a drink about now..........:confused:
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

***boateditor
06-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Tell him you won't stand for it. If he wants to continue smoking pot, he can find a new job and a new place to live.

RiverToysJas
06-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Let him make the choice....pot habit....or find another place to live and work. ;) MANY decent, well paying jobs (and a lot of low end jobs) are going to drug check....it's a lifestyle choice that will affect other areas of his life. Something for him to consider.
Good Luck.
RTJas :D

djunkie
06-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Punish him for not offering to pass the joint man.......:D :D

RiverToysJas
06-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Tell him you won't stand for it. If he wants to continue smoking pot, he can find a new job and a new place to live.
LOL....I guess I typed too slow. ;)

Boozer
06-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Is it that big of a deal to you?
It's your house and it's your company so you have every right to kick him out of the house and fire him.
Really though, it's friggen pot! Why is it such a big deal? It's a only a matter of time before it's legal. Hell, In So-Cal you can actually now buy pot at clinics legally.

little rowe boat
06-11-2007, 02:57 PM
It's your house and it's your company so you have every right to kick him out of the house and fire him.
Really though, it's friggen pot! Why is it such a big deal? It's a only a matter of time before it's legal. Hell, In So-Cal you can actually now buy pot at clinics legally.
Because it is illegal.

djunkie
06-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Fricken Stoners!!!!!! :D :D

RiverDave
06-11-2007, 03:00 PM
RMarion, take him down to your local psycho ward, and then have him ask anyone of the staff what was the trigger for the vast majority of the people in there.
Pot is one of the most common triggers for Schizophrenia.
RD

eliminatedsprinter
06-11-2007, 03:01 PM
That time you are referring to hasn't come yet, sooooo....
It's a big deal, because it can bring him legal probs that can screw up his life and if it makes him dumb enough to get caught by his dad, it will make him dumb enough to get caught by the law.

Boozer
06-11-2007, 03:02 PM
RMarion, take him down to your local psycho ward, and then have him ask anyone of the staff what was the trigger for the vast majority of the people in there.
Pot is one of the most common triggers for Schizophrenia.
RD
The voice in my head told me to tell you to go f*ck yourself!

Reaper1
06-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Hell, In So-Cal you can actually now buy pot at clinics legally.
Ummmmm, names and addresses please.:)

rmarion
06-11-2007, 03:04 PM
I just had the talk...........................
IT F-ING SUXS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

squirt'nmyload
06-11-2007, 03:05 PM
is it a big deal to you? i wouldn't want him doing it while working. i don't smoke pot but i know alot of people that do. it doesn't bother me at all. my stoner friend started this company and he is doing really well now!!
http://www.420jars.com/

Boozer
06-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I just had the talk...........................
IT F-ING SUXS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
Short talk.
Go back in there and talk it over over a few bong rips. Maybe your son will be nice enough to let you hit the gas mask.

RitcheyRch
06-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Hoping I never have to make that talk. I never smoked pot and dont drink. Can only hope my Daughter follows atleast one thing I do.
Good luck
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

FOREVER2DOXIES
06-11-2007, 03:11 PM
if he is old enough to get out...and he not following house rules...kick him to the curb. he wants to make his own rules, then he can do so without benefit of your home

FOREVER2DOXIES
06-11-2007, 03:14 PM
by prescription ONLY...and even then you have to have it in a legal medication vial.....not a pouch or you can be arrested

Cas
06-11-2007, 03:14 PM
I have friends from college that lost quite a few IQ points from pot. The newer stuff I'm told has higher concentration of THC.
I've had many more friends and acquaintances get a whole lot more messed up from alcohol.
Although I'm one of the people that thinks pot should be legalized, it's not currently the case. Your son needs to have the choice, stop or lose the job and place to live. I guess you could always suggest for him to quit smoking and start drinking as then it would be more acceptable to most........
If anyone wants to read a real good book, pick up "Good Medicine, Great Sex" by David R. Ford, it's very enlightening.
Oh, btw, I don't smoke it, haven't even tried it in probably 25 yrs.

Schiada76
06-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Ummmmm, names and addresses please.:)
!/2 mile from my house. It's funny watching all the "ailing" people walk outside with their little brown bags looking paranoid.:D

Screemy1
06-11-2007, 03:23 PM
pot is a hard thing to deal with... some people use it and has no effect on them... but many use and are effected..... I feel that it is not worth the risk.... if he responds that it does not effect him... and it is nothing.... tell him it is now effecting him.... and he has the choice... live at home and work with me.... or move out and find new employment.... if he acts like that is an unfair request.... you just proved to him that it effects him and he feels pot is more important then his home and job, if he doesn't mind quiting until later in life.... then it is not something that will effect him in life.... and he will quit since it bothers you

Cas
06-11-2007, 03:23 PM
ok, here's his website with a 2 for one deal on his books. Also, read his standing offer to the DEA about marijuana.
http://www.davidrford.com/

Mardonzi
06-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Yeah,, it sux..
We had the same talk with my stepson,, ultimately, he has chosen smoking weed over his family and his job,, his stoner friends are the only ones that "get" him. He hasn't been able to keep a job (largely because he is stoned and doesn't have the motivation to go to work) so he steals from his parents...
Doesn't matter if it's pot, booze, meth, or chiclets,,,,, if you choose a vice over your family and life,, it's a problem...

RiverToysJas
06-11-2007, 03:28 PM
I've had many more friends and acquaintances get a whole lot more messed up from alcohol.
LOL.......Who can't say that???? That's simple math....let me put on my turban and look into my crystal ball.....I'm going out on a limb and saying you also know "many" more people who drink alcohol than smoke pot.
....not to mention I don't know any pot smokers who don't drink also.
RTJas :D

RiverDave
06-11-2007, 03:29 PM
The voice in my head told me to tell you to go f*ck yourself!
That voice ever answer my question about your Sopranos box sets? :D
RD

Reaper1
06-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Short talk.
Go back in there and talk it over over a few bong rips. Maybe your son will be nice enough to let you hit the gas mask.
Volcano! ;)

pw_Tony
06-11-2007, 03:40 PM
If he is breaking the rules then kick him to the curb. Don't tolerate something that could get you in trouble.
But you shouldn't critisize him because he smokes, tons of people do. And if you're in california it's not that big of a deal, now in arizona you might get f**ked. Growing up my parents smoked weed, but I don't. And all his friends did and they all owned their own buisnesses. Just cause he smokes doesn't mean he'll be a loser. If he wants to smoke tell him to get a job elsewhere to pay for his habit. I've been around enough drugs to know pot is NOT a big deal. P.s: FYI I don't smoke at all, only those damn cigareetes!

BowTie Rick
06-11-2007, 03:57 PM
by prescription ONLY...and even then you have to have it in a legal medication vial.....not a pouch or you can be arrested
No prescriptions allowed, federal law overrides CA law and they call it illegal. What they get is a doctor's "recommendation". That allows the feds to move in and close the distribution center. They close them regularly but they just pop up somewhere else. I heard somewhere that 90% is resold on the streets.

kamguy
06-11-2007, 04:34 PM
i coulda been somebody! but i got high instead. have the boy pm and i'll let him in on many a story. i liked getting high as much or more as anyone. caused me alot of problems and heartaches. i know he won't want to hear this uptight bs from dad. i broke mom and dad's heart. i'm sure his stoner buddies will pay his rent, and give him unconditional love. oh i forgot, no they won't. i smoked dope since 1974 and i'm only 41. you do the math. i have been around every dope smokin, pill poppin, coke snortin, whiskey drinkin freak and out of all of them i always was let down. i don't know your son but i'm going to assume he's a nice kid. so am i, and got taken advantage of at every turn. mom and dad will always be there. my dad is the most uptight wanker ever. i'm not just saying that. he really is. but the 71 year old man would f***ing die for me. i have the badest wife and two sweetest girls ever. my wife puts up with the one to many beers now and again, but we could have never made it around my loser dope smokin buddies.
peace

zudnic
06-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Inside the house ok its yours and you make the rules, same with at work. 19 is pretty much an adult... Reality I believe the drinking age should be 19, 21 is BS. Same logic if he keeps drugs outside of the home and business, if me would'nt give a chit.... He could be doing alot worse, I have friends from high school that smoked lots, had no effect on their success........ Two are even Cops and a Doctor who was the biggest doper of us all........

Riverbass
06-11-2007, 04:42 PM
First thing:
He is 19 living in your house is he gay.
Remember this is YOUR house and you make the rules.
This did not just start were you blind.
Beat his ass and kick him out. It worked for my kid when he was 17 he stoped smoking pot. At 25 he now thanks me.
Pull your balls out and take a stand.

pw_Tony
06-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Yah smoking doesn't ruin your life, your decisions ruin your life. If hes a good kid he'll work hard with or without weed, and if he's not a worker then it'll just make it worse...

98 Vector 21
06-11-2007, 05:32 PM
I'll take a pot smoker over a drinker any day of the week.....

Kilrtoy
06-11-2007, 05:40 PM
KICK HIM OUT, GREAT ADVICE GUYS....
Give him a serious talk and give him one and only chance. Let him know that if he continues with his illegal activity he will need a new job and a new place to live .....
he is your love, give him atleast once chance before it gets to bad....

zudnic
06-11-2007, 05:52 PM
A few years back the chief of the Vancouver Police Dept. in BC decided it was a waste of resources to worry about pot smokers. He was at some chief of Police conference in Seattle and got booed for his policy. His defense was: "when was the last time you arrested a violent doper?"
Most of the anti-drug so called science was based on research provided by the booze industry during prohibition. Police should worry about real criminals and leave pot heads alone!

mdunn01
06-11-2007, 06:05 PM
You wana get high, fine with me...Move to focking Amsterdam!!

AZJD
06-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Wow, I am not a pot smoker, however I feel if you are...so be it. I really believe it is far less harmful that alcohol. 19 yrs old and lives in your house aswell as works for you. That is ajudgement call on your end. He isn't gonna stop. You really should get used to the fact that he going to do it anyways and work on a few different ways to make your relationship stronger. Just stating the facts......... You can choose to embrace it or to ignore it.

zudnic
06-11-2007, 06:37 PM
You wana get high, fine with me...Move to focking Amsterdam!!
Amsterdam sucks..... Remember that show A Current Affair when hosted by O'Reilly. They did a search of sin capital of the World, Vancouver BC won for very good reason!!!!

OutCole'd
06-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Not to make light of this very serious situation, but can he score me a dime bag?

vmjtc3
06-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Yeah,, it sux..
Doesn't matter if it's pot, booze, meth, or chiclets,,,,, if you choose a vice over your family and life,, it's a problem...
Hi my name is John and I am a boataholic. I have choosen boating over my family. Is that a problem:D

rmarion
06-11-2007, 07:17 PM
The talk was short and to the point. Not much response on his part. I gave him an opportunity to respond, only thing he said was, he’s gonna have a bad attitude around the house. I nipped that immediately, no way, no how. My House My Rules, My Company.
New rules....
be clean in 30 days or move out of MY house and get fired from your job, no gas for car either (we been picking up his vehicle expense, if they are attending college, arrangement made with all three sons), keep your room and car clean.
Weekly drug test, watch him pee in friggin cup and take the sample to be analyzed. His car is in my name. That is until tomorrow, when we go to the DMV and change ownership ASAP.
I told him, we LOVE him and if he needs anything, we will do what it takes.
It’s wait and see.
BTW, we just return from taking care of my parents. My son is up in his room, staring at the walls. He cleaned his room while we were gone...

Ziggy
06-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Just ask RD, he should know! :D
More than you'd know buddy. :rolleyes:

Tom Brown
06-11-2007, 07:30 PM
OK then, how about this... which would you rather have, rectyl polyps or a high grade kidney infection?

Tom Brown
06-11-2007, 07:35 PM
The talk was short and to the point.
I'm sorry about your son, rmarion.
I'm no pot smoker (never tried it) and I've never had children but I know that teenage pot use is light years from the worst thing your child could do. I'm not trying to offer any answers, I'm just suggesting that it's not like he's raped someone or knocked off a liquor store for crack money.

pw_Tony
06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
The talk was short and to the point. Not much response on his part. I gave him an opportunity to respond, only thing he said was, he’s gonna have a bad attitude around the house. I nipped that immediately, no way, no how. My House My Rules, My Company.
New rules....
be clean in 30 days or move out of MY house and get fired from your job, no gas for car either (we been picking up his vehicle expense, if they are attending college, arrangement made with all three sons), keep your room and car clean.
Weekly drug test, watch him pee in friggin cup and take the sample to be analyzed. His car is in my name. That is until tomorrow, when we go to the DMV and change ownership ASAP.
I told him, we LOVE him and if he needs anything, we will do what it takes.
It’s wait and see.
BTW, we just return from taking care of my parents. My son is up in his room, staring at the walls. He cleaned his room while we were gone...
The drug test will work. You can get them at Rite-Aid or something. When I was 16 I got caught smoking weed, and my parents started me on routine drug test. And by the way when I got caught they sold my 1970 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T 340.... that made me ship up real quick, and since then never smoked. Keep up with what you told him and that should work the best.

Redwing247
06-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Fricken Stoners!!!!!! :D :D
Put down the pipe man, he's a Boozer.............:D :D

HavaSkank
06-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Puff, puff, give

Blown 472
06-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Puff, puff, give
Give???

HavaSkank
06-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Give???
You're right. Who am I kidding. Im a selfish bitch

Tom Brown
06-11-2007, 08:00 PM
You're right. Who am I kidding. Im a selfish bitch
I see a vagina isn't the only hot box you enjoy.

warlock 27
06-11-2007, 08:03 PM
im only 14 and i know if ever smoke pot my mom would kill me and i would not ever see the riveragin even if i was 30.

Tom Brown
06-11-2007, 08:05 PM
im only 14 and i know...
You need to be old enough to understand the penis enters the vagina to be on this site.

HavaSkank
06-11-2007, 08:07 PM
I see your crotch area isn't the only hot box you enjoy.
I'd described my crotch area as luke warm at best

HavaSkank
06-11-2007, 08:07 PM
You need to be old enough to understand the penis enters the vagina to be on this site.
WHAT? IT GOES WHERE?

Tom Brown
06-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Friction creates heat.

HavaSkank
06-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Friction creates heat.
which is why it's against the law for me to jog in corduroy pants

Baja Big Dog
06-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Not to make light of this very serious situation, but can he score me a dime bag?
A dime bag...man you are really showing your age now!!!:D

Baja Big Dog
06-11-2007, 08:31 PM
When was the last time you heard of someone killing a family of five driving the wrong way on the freeway..when stoned:confused:
Its unacceptable in today's society because the LAW says its illegal....just like they say it illegal to drive over the speed limit, or heaven forbid drive while drunk or drinking...why..because we as a society accept alcohol as a good thing, for what? What benefit does alcohol play in today's society besides getting ugly people laid??? (Not to worry Skank..Id do you drunk or stoned!!) Dig deep for an answer, and not one from the top saying alcohol is not addictive!!!Trust me it is, Ive fought the monkey for over 25 years, but that's OK because its only alcohol and everyone drinks!!..True, so I guess that makes it OK!:idea:
Now whats the difference between alcohol and pot???:jawdrop:

RiverRatMike
06-11-2007, 08:44 PM
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah have him switch to cigarettes

BrendellaJet
06-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Something I know a lot about. I didn't start toking until I graduated from High school. I held a regular job and was smart enough to know when drug tests were coming and could plan for them. No biggie.
Really its not that big of a deal. Looking back, it slowed me down a couple of years at most, meaning I took a little too much time figuring out what I wanted to do, and played with my friends when I should have been studying. When I finally started GOING to school, I got excellent grades and only when I could afford to did I smoke. Fortunately my parents never gave me a hard time about it, how could they, I learned it by watching them :D .
I'm now a successful individual and I still toke. Not every day, but if I want to, I do. If your boy wants too, he is going to. You cant stop him. What you can do is eliminate any liabilty you may be exposed to caused by his smoking. Changing title on the car is a good idea. If he is performing well at work and he has his shit in order I would let him continue to smoke. Its a good release for some people and is a good stress reliever. I bet he is not the only employee of yours who does.
In California, if you are only carrying a small amount, the law dont give a damn and more than likely they are gonna take it and pour it out or put it in their pocket and take it home.
If your boy is smart, he will carry it in a wadded up napkin in his ash tray. Cops are idiots and they would never think of that. Fooled many of them like that!

2forcefull
06-11-2007, 09:11 PM
here's the real problem, bad parenting!!!
Hav'n a talk about smok'n pot at the age of 19 is about
9 years late.
he's 19 and can do what ever he feels.
for you to tell him different now is a little late.
I have raised almost 3 sons 33, 19, and 15.5
I had this conversation with all of them at preteen age.
the most important thing you can do is make sure they
don't have more than 30 to 45 alone.
if they have time to get high, they will
and if you are't there to catch them they will do it again.
I'll bet if they are smok'n pot at 19 they started at 13
now you are going to try and tell someone of age that
something that they've been doing for the last 6 years
and functioning fine is wrong!!
here's what i did with mine,
I told them at an early age that drugs were very harmful
I took them and showed them street drugies, the end result
I also told them that they were forbidden to lie, and to help
them with this, I told them that while they were sleeping
I was going to clip their hair and have it drug tested and
if it came back positive the next night while they were asleep
I would beat them till the sun came up
If your son works for you he is an employee, have all your employees
drug tested or none, nothing worse than work'n for your dad
who trys to be both at the same time. be his boss or be his dad.

Baja Big Dog
06-11-2007, 09:21 PM
My friend did this and 5 years later when his kid was smoking pot he jumped the kid and said.."didn't your hear a word I said to you 5 years ago?"
The kid told him, yea, I heard you but didn't take it seriously because he thought it was drunk talk!!!:eek:
The kid laughed at his dad telling him the example tree needed to be pruned!
The kid is going on his masters at USC today.....stoned!!

XtrmWakeborder
06-11-2007, 09:27 PM
LMFAO holy crap that was hilarious!!
Pot isn't the kids biggest problem, most of my friends were pot heads, and I was fine with that. They then moved to K, Speed, Coke, E, etc. I've seen it first hand, pot is the gateway to other more serious drugs. Hopefully your son knows where to stop and grows out of this. I broke away from my friends when they started the other drugs and needless to say ALL 7 of them dropped out of college, a couple have been to jail, and all either have no job, serve food for a living, or do some other bit(h work job. This is at 22 or 23, and will be done probably till they die. I seriously see no future for them financially because of all the drugs. Hopefully he is like me and separates from his friends.

EAZYKILLER2006
06-11-2007, 09:35 PM
9 years late.
wow:D good advice
i was thinking the same thing!!!
do the drug test
if the son knows of that
hopefully HE wont risk getting caught again
good luck

EAZYKILLER2006
06-11-2007, 09:38 PM
wow i am impressed!
tom, lol i thought you were all about the back door:devil: J/K
stir stir stir

pw_Tony
06-11-2007, 09:40 PM
9 years late.
If a parent was that forceful with me I would have smoked just to do it behind your back. That might have worked for you but most of the kids I've seen with forceful parents like that turned out to be the drunks and drug users. I feel like if you're just open and honest with your kid it can work out, but to not give them an hour or two alone just sounds ridiculous to me

EAZYKILLER2006
06-11-2007, 09:55 PM
If a parent was that forceful with me I would have smoked just to do it behind your back. That might have worked for you but most of the kids I've seen with forceful parents like that turned out to be the drunks and drug users. I feel like if you're just open and honest with your kid it can work out, but to not give them an hour or two alone just sounds ridiculous to me
and you would of end up with a woop ass
cus homie dont play
some are hard learners
he said he was going to get :sqeyes: ya when you were sleeping
:sqeyes: would of scared me, if i were the kid

2forcefull
06-11-2007, 09:55 PM
you wouldn't have got a chance to do it be hind my back till you were 18
by then you would't even want to do it cause it would only be hurting your self.
who wants to be alone???? my kids have all enjoyed the lake, the dunes, the cabin in the mountains, music, travel hockey (ice and roller) and have all been honer roll students.
you see when my kids are gone for more than 1 hour the first thing I do
is give them a hug when they walk in the door, if they have been smok'n anything I will smell it!!! I also lead by example, I don't drink , smoke or do drugs. so they don't know to live that life style
sounds like you need a hug!

2forcefull
06-11-2007, 09:57 PM
cus homie dont play
some are hard learners
hey easy, were we parked next to you in the channel, we were in the nordic with the purple top

pw_Tony
06-11-2007, 10:01 PM
you wouldn't have got a chance to do it be hind my back till you were 18
by then you would't even want to do it cause it would only be hurting your self.
who wants to be alone???? my kids have all enjoyed the lake, the dunes, the cabin in the mountains, music, travel hockey (ice and roller) and have all been honer roll students.
you see when my kids are gone for more than 1 hour the first thing I do
is give them a hug when they walk in the door, if they have been smok'n anything I will smell it!!! I also lead by example, I don't drink , smoke or do drugs. so they don't know to live that life style
sounds like you need a hug!
cus homie dont play
some are hard learners
Actually I did smoke through High School, and when I got caught my parents sold my car, a 1970 Dodge Challenger RT! But smoking didn't impare me, and it sure didn't make me a loser. But my parents solved it by giving me routine drug test, which worked out fine. I just don't believe in the "let me know every half hour where you're going" thing. That just doens't show trust. At least when I was getting drug test I was still able to do whatever, I just had to pass the test, and after a while it just didn't matter to me if I smoked or not. And I grew up with the river and dunes too. I choose now not to smoke or drink, but damn those cigarettes!:D Now I'm the one trying to get my father to quit smoking at his old age, but he's successful and is very responsible, so maybe it's working for him lol. I like the plan he set out for his kid, worked for me:)

EAZYKILLER2006
06-11-2007, 10:05 PM
hey easy, were we parked next to you in the channel, we were in the nordic with the purple top
oh hey! kewl! good to meet you guys!
wasnt that when i lost my phone?
that was nice of someone to find it and give it back to me

2forcefull
06-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Actually I did smoke through High School, and when I got caught my parents sold my car, a 1970 Dodge Challenger RT! But smoking didn't impare me, and it sure didn't make me a loser. But my parents solved it by giving me routine drug test, which worked out fine. I just don't believe in the "let me know every half hour where you're going" thing. That just doens't show trust. At least when I was getting drug test I was still able to do whatever, I just had to pass the test, and after a while it just didn't matter to me if I smoked or not. And I grew up with the river and dunes too. I choose now not to smoke or drink, but damn those cigarettes!:D Now I'm the one trying to get my father to quit smoking at his old age, but he's successful and is very responsible, so maybe it's working for him lol. I like the plan he set out for his kid, worked for me:)
the every hour thing was at the age of 10,and thru the early teen years
both of my sons went on there own at 18 both good young men. they know right from wrong and make their own decisions.
glad to see you made it

2forcefull
06-11-2007, 10:14 PM
oh hey! kewl! good to meet you guys!
wasnt that when i lost my phone?
that was nice of someone to find it and give it back to me
so you were in the advantage right??

Blown 472
06-12-2007, 04:21 AM
Luke warm??

Caljamr
06-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Yah smoking doesn't ruin your life, your decisions ruin your life. If hes a good kid he'll work hard with or without weed, and if he's not a worker then it'll just make it worse...
Reading this whole thread and this is the best statement i've heard.
My .02 cents is your house your rules. Your the boss your rules. Talk to him like an adult and ask the same from him.

SHOTKALLIN
06-12-2007, 08:58 AM
PATHETIC...:rolleyes:

SHOTKALLIN
06-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Take him to skid row. Ask all the bums what thier first drug was. :jawdrop:

rmarion
06-12-2007, 10:10 AM
so much easier to give advice..........
I wish I was on the giving end...........:(
he's a GREAT kid still respectful, I gave him a hug and told him I love him.... but that don't solve everything........but I'll always be there.......
we've preached to our kids about drugs since they were born, you can lead a horse to water, but can't make them drink........
I've coached every sport for 12 years, been to every banquet, dirt bikes, boats, houseboats, mountain, sking, snowboarding, you name it..... to all there friends on every trip.......
yes, I had my head in the sand for the last two years, I knew he was doing it, I threathen but did not follow thru.....
in the 10th grade, Staight A's in all honor classes. He was in ROTC, his Sargent was THRILLED and wanted my Son to take his SAT's early so he could reccommend him to West Point....... his junior year, he felt to much pressure from ROTC and dropped out, changed his friends, this is when it all started..........
some days it's difficult being a Parent...........:(
thanks for all the responces......... some good advice........some not so good...:D

centerhill condor
06-12-2007, 10:40 AM
First thing:
He is 19 living in your house is he gay.
Remember this is YOUR house and you make the rules.
This did not just start were you blind.
Beat his ass and kick him out. It worked for my kid when he was 17 he stoped smoking pot. At 25 he now thanks me.
Pull your balls out and take a stand.
He's 19 an adult time to start lettin' him choose the consequences of his actions at his own apartment and "new" job!
CC

racecar.hotshoe
06-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Kick him in the Junk........And RD Sux..........:D

laveydayz
06-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Most likely something he will grow out of as he gets older. I, among most of my friends smoked 24/7 when we were 19. As you grow up and responsibility grows you just do not have time to be stoned. The less often you smoke the less you actually enjoy it!
I can also say from experience (BACK IN THE DAY) that getting stoned at work is not a good thing. You will make many mistakes and take longer to do the job.
I would tell him that if he chooses to smoke just do not do it in your home or while he is working for you. If you catch him on either then his ride is over!You may also want to remind him that if he gets caught with it in his car, his license is gone for 1yr no questions asked!
Posssesion of less than 1 ounce outside of a vehicle, is a health and safety violation (misdemeaner) punished by a $180 fine. Not a big deal.

dunaholic
06-12-2007, 12:47 PM
He's 19 years old. If he is being safe about it and not underperforming at work or school, what's the big deal? You yourself said that you needed a drink before you went to "talk to him"....Whats the difference between a "drink" or a "smoke"?

superdave013
06-12-2007, 01:38 PM
You sound alot like my dad. He had a pot smoker kid too. :rolleyes:
It sounds like you have given him a lifetime of solid guidence. At some point he'll stray one way or the other but that guidence will always be there.
Through out all the crap I could dish out (my sister was even worse, much worse) he never gave up. That's huge now as I see others my age who's parents did give up.
So just don't give up. But don't stand for that "god damn crap" in your house either.
Man, I can still hear that crunch of my dad smashing a plastic water bong and saying "where the hell do you keep getting these things!!" lol

lucky
06-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Dude - I can so relate to you :D now - did you make a billit bong yet :idea:

CARLSON-JET
06-12-2007, 01:47 PM
You sound alot like my dad. He had a pot smoker kid too. :rolleyes:
It sounds like you have given him a lifetime of solid guidence. At some point he'll stray one way or the other but that guidence will always be there.
Through out all the crap I could dish out (my sister was even worse, much worse) he never gave up. That's huge now as I see others my age who's parents did give up.
So just don't give up. But don't stand for that "god damn crap" in your house either.
Man, I can still hear that crunch of my dad smashing a plastic water bong and saying "where the hell do you keep getting these things!!" lol
It's funny how when stoned, bad choices are made when it comes to hiding the bong.. I think these choices play out later on.
rmarion, are you charging rent?? less extra cash could mean less extra activities.. like smoking dope. :idea: Just a thought. Good luck and keep up the pressure. As a few have said.. he will thank you for it later.

superdave013
06-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Dude - I can so relate to you :D now - did you make a billit bong yet :idea:
dude, that really was a steering wheel post.
But back in the day my friend made one out of an alum baseball bat. His mom would ask where we were going and it was always "going out to hit some bats". lol

lucky
06-12-2007, 01:52 PM
dude, that really was a steering wheel post.
But back in the day my friend made one out of an alum baseball bat. His mom would ask where we were going and it was always "going out to hit some bats". lol
my buddies use to alway make theirs out of apples or carrots ( pipes ) that way tne cops would just think they where healty stoners lol

Tom Brown
06-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Right... because we know your kids never made any mistakes.
I told them that while they were sleeping
That's some quality parenting. :D

Nord
06-12-2007, 03:55 PM
lol

pw_Tony
06-12-2007, 05:05 PM
my buddies use to alway make theirs out of apples or carrots ( pipes ) that way tne cops would just think they where healty stoners lol
When I worked at a powder coat shop I had to powder a specialty item.... damn stoners who own huge buisness:D .
I left my Hookah out(used for smoking seesha only) and my pops found it and was ready to kill me lol, I know what he wanted it for but it would ruin the taste! "It's called a Hookah dad I swear!"...

SHOTKALLIN
06-12-2007, 05:56 PM
He's 19 years old. If he is being safe about it and not underperforming at work or school, what's the big deal? You yourself said that you needed a drink before you went to "talk to him"....Whats the difference between a "drink" or a "smoke"?
Maybe the pot you smoke has reduced your brain cells already. One can get you fined, put in jail, or make you lose your job or even not get hired. The other you buy at the grocery store.:rolleyes:
But I guess it will be cool to smoke weed with your own kids. Maybe you will get a kick out of sharing your kids first doobie.

2forcefull
06-12-2007, 06:17 PM
can't say that for your parents, can we!!!!

2forcefull
06-12-2007, 06:26 PM
can't say that for your parents, can we!!!!

Tom Brown
06-12-2007, 06:30 PM
The reason I turned out so great is because my parents threatened to come in while I was sleeping and beat the hell out of me until morning.

Jbb
06-12-2007, 06:31 PM
The reason I turned out so great is because my parents threatened to come in while I was sleeping and beat the hell out of me until morning.
:D

Tom Brown
06-12-2007, 06:37 PM
"We beat.... because we love."

HavaSkank
06-12-2007, 06:38 PM
"We beat.... because we love."
You'll go blind

Tom Brown
06-12-2007, 06:40 PM
... but I have so much love inside of me?

photo chick
06-12-2007, 06:42 PM
... but I have so much love inside of me?
Then may I suggest you find someone to beat.....:jawdrop:

Cheap Thrills
06-12-2007, 06:42 PM
If he's smoking that commercial grade Mexican brick pack , tell em to quit immediately. If he's smoking some good Hydro like this
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/5_5631DSCN0265dec371.jpg
immediately send his stash to my lab for testing please :D
C.T. :wink:

Nord
06-12-2007, 06:49 PM
If he's smoking that commercial grade Mexican brick pack , tell em to quit immediately. If he's smoking some good Hydro like this
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/5_5631DSCN0265dec371.jpg
immediately send his stash to my lab for testing please :D
C.T. :wink:
:jawdrop: :sqeyes: :)

Riverdog1
06-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Just my .02. I personally do not indulge but most of my friends do and have since high school. Some are habitual and some are "every now and then" but really, if he's nineteeen and it's not a problem (occasionally thing), he's an adult and hopefully he grows out of it. Maybe he never will. I don't think it's a huge deal and definitely isn't a huge ticket. The only reason it is illegal is because the government can't tax it. It doesn't have the same health implications as alcohol and tobacco and is sold legally by perscription in many places in CA. Don't get me wrong, I don't condone it and would not permit my kid to use it (at least until he was an adult, and then not my decision anymore). It shouldn't be in your house though and definitely not at the work place.

laveydayz
06-12-2007, 07:48 PM
It's funny how when stoned, bad choices are made when it comes to hiding the bong.. I think these choices play out later on.
rmarion, are you charging rent?? less extra cash could mean less extra activities.. like smoking dope. :idea: Just a thought. Good luck and keep up the pressure. As a few have said.. he will thank you for it later. Another good option....charging rent. Weed is not cheap these days and his buddies will not want to keep parting with their stash! No matter what he chooses, he should still respect you and your home as well as your rules.
When I was that age my dad was a real hardass when it came to his rules. Us kids new better than to push our luck. However, he gave us an awesome childhood. I continued to toke but never at or in his house.
Now, we can joke about the times he found pipes and weed. He keeps saying my children will be pay back!!

rmarion
06-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Update
I just spoke with his foreman, they talked about it (his foreman, who I personally deliver to re-hab twice, paid for it the first time, fired him the second time. Told him he’d have a job whenever he cleaned up) and I asked him how my son was doing……….
1. Says he was extremely remorseful.
2. He realizes the potential danger he put us in, regarding liability.
3. Told him he’d honor our house rules.
4. Has stopped smoking pot, and should be able to save some $$$$ now.
5. Stated that he has a good thing going at home, and does not want to jeopardize it. Not planning on moving out.
6. Will start drinking alcohol more. Already smokes cigs. Not allowed in out home. Outside ok.
7. That we were the best parents he could ever have, was spoiled and can get away with everything.
One day at a time...........
we went to the DMV and I'm off the title ;)
We will be charge him rent, and he’ll lose all his car allowances (gas, insurance etc) if he quits college. Same rule applies for our other children.

pw_Tony
06-12-2007, 11:50 PM
That's awesome news!

sorry dog
06-13-2007, 06:24 AM
OK then, how about this... which would you rather have, rectyl polyps or a high grade kidney infection?
polyps - you can probably get some pain pills or possibly even a "recommendation"...in California of course.

ULTRA26 # 1
06-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Update
I just spoke with his foreman, they talked about it (his foreman, who I personally deliver to re-hab twice, paid for it the first time, fired him the second time. Told him he’d have a job whenever he cleaned up) and I asked him how my son was doing……….
1. Says he was extremely remorseful.
2. He realizes the potential danger he put us in, regarding liability.
3. Told him he’d honor our house rules.
4. Has stopped smoking pot, and should be able to save some $$$$ now.
5. Stated that he has a good thing going at home, and does not want to jeopardize it. Not planning on moving out.
6. Will start drinking alcohol more. Already smokes cigs. Not allowed in out home. Outside ok.
7. That we were the best parents he could ever have, was spoiled and can get away with everything.
One day at a time...........
we went to the DMV and I'm off the title ;)
We will be charge him rent, and he’ll lose all his car allowances (gas, insurance etc) if he quits college. Same rule applies for our other children.
Most sounds good except # 6 Will start drinking alcohol more He is 19 and this is acceptable??? This doesn't sound right to me.
My Son is now 26. He experimented with some street drugs as most young people do. We always discussed what he was doing so I was able to give him my input clearly and without threat.
He no longer smokes pot, drinks alcohol or even soda for that matter. He has worked for the same Company since he was 16. He is married and owns his own home and is better adjusted and more responsible than I am in many ways.
There are other ways than dealing with an issue such as s 19 y/o smoking pot other than firing them and making him or her move out. If this works in your situation, that's great. However, IMO pushing a 19 y/o away from pot and toward alcohol, is a huge mistake. Alcohol is every bit as dangerous and addictive as pot, maybe even more so. Just my .02

RiverToysJas
06-13-2007, 06:45 AM
6. Will start drinking alcohol more.
:confused:

superdave013
06-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Well all I can say is that I've smoked my share of pot over the years.
I've been in some trouble too. Not much but I've had some. 100% of it was with out question alcohol related.
I don't have the great advice to give you. But I don't think I'd push my kid away from one and towards the other. Both are a bad deal but I think the booze is more trouble in the long run.
Hey, look at the bright side. You could have started a thread "My kid smokes crack".

RiverToysJas
06-13-2007, 07:02 AM
:)

rmarion
06-13-2007, 07:51 AM
the alcohol was his statement.......... I will be dealing with that very quickly. There will be NO DRINKING BY MINORS IN MY HOUSE.
one day at a time...........

CARLSON-JET
06-13-2007, 09:07 AM
the alcohol was his statement.......... I will be dealing with that very quickly. There will be NO DRINKING BY MINORS IN MY HOUSE.
You're doing great... One can only do as much as one can do.. I have an old expression.. Choose your battles wisely. It's really great he is going to college and is employed. If he respects your opinion I feel that is monumental. Good luck, I'm rooting for the both of you.

ULTRA26 # 1
06-13-2007, 09:35 AM
With all due respect, drinking outside the house is no better or no more legal for a 19 y/o, than pot. If your son, starts drinking more, and chooses to get behind the wheel after he has been drinking, the consequences could be devastating. Much more so than any involvement with smoking pot. Also, someone here commented earlier, that if you are going to drug test your son, it would be proper for you to drug test the rest of your employees as well. I couldn't agree with this statement more. Not doing so suggests a duel standard which will likely result in rebellion from your boy
Your the parent here and you have to do what you believe is right, and everyone should respect your rights and perceived duties as a parent. However, speaking as someone who has been through everything you are dealing with, I believe that your position regarding your 19 y/o drinking must be equal to your 19 y/o Son smoking pot. Treating the pot issue with more vigor, could easily be interpreted your acceptance of your 19 y/o drinking.
Whatever case, this is a tough situation that must be handled carefully and with love.
John M

lucky
06-13-2007, 01:53 PM
What about masterbation in your house :) lol -

zudnic
06-13-2007, 03:04 PM
WTF.... "No drinking by minors in my house"...... He is 19.... not twelve.
What Province are you in? Thing I hated most about being 50/50 between Canada and the USA was the 21 drinking age. That and Americans tend to treat under 21 like you are twelve. Canadians tend to be much more mature when under 21 over American kids. In Canada when friends hit 21 had to beg them to go out to bars with me........... :D
My neighbors in Nevada came over to tell my parents they saw me drinking beer while Mommy and Daddy where away... I was 19 at the time.... I knew 20 year old American kids that got charged with MIP's for being caught drinking, I was like whats that. Minor In Possession still think thats ridiculous.

Boatlesss
06-13-2007, 03:17 PM
I take it you are a H.S. Councilor? Talk about being codependent.
If its for you then its for you, but at the same time you have to show that respect to those it is not for.
This guy obviously does not want his kid on Pot or any other drugs, probably including alcohol.

rmarion
06-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions......good & poor...:D
BTW,
As an Employer, I do have fulltime employees prior to employment complete a Drug and lift assestment test. Our temporary employee's we do not drug test. My son fell thru the crack, due to originally working only P/T (plus, I had my head in the sand, and was afraid to find out the truth. The truth hurts)
I don't condone alcohol or under age drinking either (is the legal drinking age in Arizona 18 or 19????).
Reg: Pot vs. Alcohol, that subject can be debated forever.
theres to much liability with our currant sue happy socitiy.
(case in point,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mrs. Grazinski purchased a
brand new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first
trip home, an OU football game), having driven onto
the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and
calmly left the driver's seat to go into the back &
make herself a sandwich.
Not surprisingly, the RV left the freeway, crashed and
overturned. Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not
advising her in the owner's manual that she couldn't
actually do this. The jury awarded her $1,750,000 plus
a new motor home.
The company actually changed their manuals on the
basis of this suit,
just in case there are any other complete morons out
there.:jawdrop: )
Reg: Masturbation, it's allowed and incouraged in my home and highly suggested. Thats what I tell my bride of 26 years everynight, got some in the jacuzzi last night.;)
So far things are quiet on the home front. My son, asked if it's not to late to attend our yearly Hawaii vacation with us, as of last week he declined to attend.:D

ULTRA26 # 1
06-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions......good & poor...:D
BTW,
As an Employer, I do have fulltime employees prior to employment complete a Drug and lift assestment test. Our temporary employee's we do not drug test. My son fell thru the crack, due to originally working only P/T (plus, I had my head in the sand, and was afraid to find out the truth. The truth hurts)
I don't condone alcohol or under age drinking either (is the legal drinking age in Arizona 18 or 19????).
Reg: Pot vs. Alcohol, that subject can be debated forever.
theres to much liability with our currant sue happy socitiy.
(case in point,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mrs. Grazinski purchased a
brand new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first
trip home, an OU football game), having driven onto
the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and
calmly left the driver's seat to go into the back &
make herself a sandwich.
Not surprisingly, the RV left the freeway, crashed and
overturned. Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not
advising her in the owner's manual that she couldn't
actually do this. The jury awarded her $1,750,000 plus
a new motor home.
The company actually changed their manuals on the
basis of this suit,
just in case there are any other complete morons out
there.:jawdrop: )
Reg: Masturbation, it's allowed and incouraged in my home and highly suggested. Thats what I tell my bride of 26 years everynight, got some in the jacuzzi last night.;)
So far things are quiet on the home front. My son, asked if it's not to late to attend our yearly Hawaii vacation with us, as of last week he declined to attend.:D
Really glad to hear that things are looking up. The drinking age in AZ is 21.
BTW, I've heard the motor home story in the past. Hard to believe.
Take care
John M

Tom Brown
06-13-2007, 04:02 PM
What Province are you in?
He's in Nunavut. Don't listen to him.
I advocate violence as a solution to all family related problems.

Boatlesss
06-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I advocate violence as a solution to all family related problems.
Finally a level headed person I can relate to.
Being a former beaten child, I can attest it works!