PDA

View Full Version : Who here is a gym rat?

Riverat84
06-11-2007, 07:09 PM
hey ive been thinking of joining a local gym to get toned, lose some weight, and increase tha muscle mass...i haven't been to a gym in awhile, and never had much of a structured workout routine. so what does everyone in here do when they hit the gym...like how often, and how long? and what do you do?
thanx in advance,
Reid

NashvilleBound
06-11-2007, 07:15 PM
There are a few of us....but the masses here seem to think its gay to talk about it ..... soooooo..... just a little 411 for you.

RiverToysJas
06-11-2007, 07:17 PM
:idea: ........Fags.....
RTJas :D

NashvilleBound
06-11-2007, 07:19 PM
:idea: ........Fags.....
RTJas :D
You talkin to me???? Punk???? :D :D :D :D

Nord
06-11-2007, 07:19 PM
This is just my .02, but it works.
For what it costs for a years membership at a gym, you can go out and buy a weight bench with weights up to about 200lbs and you can buy a couple sets of dumbells. Put all that in your garage and hit it at least 4 days a week. If you stick with it, not only will you see results, but when you quit (everyone quits for a season or two) you still have something you can go back to. If you decide its not for you, sell that sh*t for about half the price and still come out pretty good instead of being stuck in a contract at a gym.
If you can't make it to your garage/workout room, your probably not going to make it to the gym.

Riverat84
06-11-2007, 07:27 PM
This is just my .02, but it works.
For what it costs for a years membership at a gym, you can go out and buy a weight bench with weights up to about 200lbs and you can buy a couple sets of dumbells. Put all that in your garage and hit it at least 4 days a week. If you stick with it, not only will you see results, but when you quit (everyone quits for a season or two) you still have something you can go back to. If you decide its not for you, sell that sh*t for about half the price and still come out pretty good instead of being stuck in a contract at a gym.
If you can't make it to your garage/workout room, your probably not going to make it to the gym.
ahh..wise comment! ill take that into consideration...but the thing is that i still live at home..im planning on moving out real soon, so im still thinking about it thanx NORD.
Reid

Havasu Carrera
06-11-2007, 07:29 PM
ahh..wise comment! ill take that into consideration...but the thing is that i still live at home..im planning on moving out real soon, so im still thinking about it thanx NORD.
Reid
You can move all my big heavy gym equip to my garage from my office!! That would be a great starter work out?:D

AZJD
06-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Go at it easy, for the first couple of weeks.
Day 1. Chest/tri-cepts (flat/incline/decline/flys - tricept press/skull crushers)
day 2. off
day 3. Back / bi-cepts (low rows/pull ups/dumbell rows - 2 or 3 different curls of your choice)
day 4. off
Day 5. Shoulders/ stomach (Front, rear and lateral deltoid raises/ upright rows/shrugs - abs of your choice and to your level of fitness)
Work in some legs if you choose to with these days. One exercise per day.
After a few weeks you can refine your workout. You need to give your body time to adapt and recover. Working too hard in the beggining makes you prone to injury. Let the muscles and tendons get used to the strain.
Day 1. Chest
Day 2. Back
Day 3. Shoulders
Day 4. Arms
Day 5. Legs and Abs (this for me is a flexible day to catch up on cardio and abs.
20-30 minutes cardio on the bike AFTER your workout. Cardio before lifting is a wast of your lifting.
Diet is everything!
Home gyms are great for guys who have been working out half ass for years. (sorry Nord) If you want to get in shape, get to the gum and get inspired by other inshape people.....and the hot chicks help too!
Oh and sign up month to month, you never know if your gonna stick with it.

Tom Brown
06-11-2007, 07:40 PM
For what it costs for a years membership at a gym, you can go out and buy a weight bench with weights up to about 200lbs and you can buy a couple sets of dumbells. Put all that in your garage and hit it at least 4 days a week.
In my opinion, this is the worst thing you could do. Very few people who try to go a strength training program on their own make it long term. Also, the risk of injury is high if you don't have good technique.
I suggest you join a gym, request some training advice, and have someone work with you. Schedule something so that you have a committment to meet.
It's tough to imagine how much there is to learn strength training when you don't know. If a trainer were to jump start your knowledge, it could put you years ahead on the strength training curve.

soupersonic
06-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Im a gym rat but in a little different way, i spend a few hours a day here
www.mengsofaz.com

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-11-2007, 07:49 PM
I have been a member of all of the big gyms at one time or another. Family Fitness, Gold's, LA fitness, etc, but over the last 10-12 years, I have never seen the results that I received from a small "industrial park" location and the personal trainer who owns it. It's not real big, it doesn't have a pool, but the one on one and diet help is what I needed. Plus a paid appointment twice a week didn't hurt either. I had to go or was out the $$. Then I go in at least 2-3 times extra to do additional cardio. It ended up costing about a grand for 4 months. IMO, it was the best investment I ever made. You get to take the knowledge with you.

TCHB
06-11-2007, 07:52 PM
24 Hour Fitness 4 times a week
It is a great place to work out.

Tom Brown
06-11-2007, 07:53 PM
...the one on one and diet help is what I needed.
You and everyone else. Did you know that's what you needed before you got that help?
The reason I ask is I didn't know what I needed to learn before I started.
Plus a paid appointment twice a week didn't hurt either. I had to go or was out the $$.
There it is, right there.
Motivation is the single biggest problem everyone faces at the outset of a workout program.
It ended up costing about a grand for 4 months. IMO, it was the best investment I ever made. You get to take the knowledge with you.
You have amazing wisdom, My Man's Sportin' Wood.
You're a beautiful woman. :cool:

AZJD
06-11-2007, 07:56 PM
In my opinion, this is the worst thing you could do. Very few people who try to go a strength training program on their own make it long term. Also, the risk of injury is high if you don't have good technique.
I suggest you join a gym, request some training advice, and have someone work with you. Schedule something so that you have a committment to meet.
It's tough to imagine how much there is to learn strength training when you don't know. If a trainer were to jump start your knowledge, it could put you years ahead on the strength training curve.
Good advice. If I knew then what I know now it would have saved me alot of over training.
This stuff doesn't happen over night. The first 30 days are great, then you just have to put in the hard work. Size and shape doesn't come over night. But when you look at pictures from the previous summer you will be rewarded.

HavaSkank
06-11-2007, 07:56 PM
I only go to the gym to check out men in spandex

ratso
06-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Start off with a trainer and hopefully later on hook up with a partner that is dedicated to getting in the gym. Seems most people drop out after a few days or weeks, but it helps to have someone push you to get in the gym... Hopefully you will stick with it. Start off dedicating at least 3 days a week and work up from there... I go to a small gym that has all the best equipment. I don't care for the larger gyms because it seems to be more of a meat market and people wanting to visit too much and cutting into my workout... Can't stand somebody wanting to chit chat while I'm trying to get a good workout in.

ratso
06-11-2007, 07:58 PM
I only go to the gym to check out men in spandex
I rest my case...

HavaSkank
06-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Fat, sweaty dudes in spandex rock my world. Dont hate

CornWater
06-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Day 1. Chest/tri-cepts (flat/incline/decline/flys - tricept press/skull crushers)
day 2. off
day 3. Back / bi-cepts (low rows/pull ups/dumbell rows - 2 or 3 different curls of your choice)
day 4. off
Day 5. Shoulders/ stomach (Front, rear and lateral deltoid raises/ upright rows/shrugs - abs of your choice and to your level of fitness)
After a few weeks you can refine your workout. You need to give your body time to adapt and recover. Working too hard in the beggining makes you prone to injury. Let the muscles and tendons get used to the strain.
Day 1. Chest
Day 2. Back
Day 3. Shoulders
Day 4. Arms
Day 5. Legs and Abs (this for me is a flexible day to catch up on cardio and abs.
20-30 minutes cardio on the bike AFTER your workout. Cardio before lifting is a wast of your lifting.
Diet is everything!
Home gyms are great for guys who have been working out half ass for years. (sorry Nord) If you want to get in shape, get to the gum and get inspired by other inshape people.....and the hot chicks help too!
Id agree with this.... maybe hit abs twice a week. Think of it as a way of life, and it makes it easier to go once you grasp it.

Tom Brown
06-11-2007, 08:04 PM
.... maybe hit abs twice a week.
Without juice, abs take a week to recover.

cc322
06-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Two days at the weights three days on the 3 to 4 mi runs, and oh yeah you can do all the working out you want, if you aint watching what your puttin in you stomach it dont work so good. This is a good boook to start out with
http://www.bodyforlife.com/

BarryMac
06-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Love the gym, go 5 days a week, Mon., Wed., Thu at 3:45 for an hour and a half and Sat. & Sun. for 2 hours. I feel that if you have a place to go other then your garage you're going to stick with a routine, if you have the weight bench in your garage it's going to become a nice place to stack shit, garages are for parking your cars or toys, not for lifting weights... :D

ratso
06-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Love the gym, go 5 days a week, Mon., Wed., Thu at 3:45 for an hour and a half and Sat. & Sun. for 2 hours. I feel that if you have a place to go other then your garage you're going to stick with a routine, if you have the weight bench in your garage it's going to become a nice place to stack shit, garages are for parking your cars or toys, not for lifting weights... :D
Yeah, the gym at home never worked for me...

CornWater
06-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Usually a high rep exercise... My experience is toning exercises recover somewhat quicker, mass building a little longer..

AZJD
06-11-2007, 08:11 PM
You can break your abs down. If you work different exercises you can work abs eveyday. Once you have increased your work out to a level where time becomes an issue, and your fitness level is at such intensity, you should treat abs as a major muscle group and work them once a week. This will build more muscle where as abs every day will make you tighter and flatter.
Like Arnold said, "Traps, Abs and Calves everyday."

Riverat84
06-11-2007, 08:13 PM
SHIT GUYS! thanx alot for the advice....i REALLY wanna join a gym, and i have a good friend that is cut and is an avid motivation for me, so hopefully, i will be able to roll w/ him to his gym once i start a membership...thanx, keep it coming, ill be watching...
Reid

mrs.rvrluvr
06-11-2007, 08:15 PM
I hit the gym 6 days a week. I do 45 minutes of cardio everyday. I see a personal trainer twice a week for one hour. We use various weights and do exercises that target specific areas. I love going & don't feel normal if I miss a day. My advice is to find a smaller gym, you will get much more time on the machines.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-11-2007, 08:20 PM
You and everyone else. Did you know that's what you needed before you got that help?
The reason I ask is I didn't know what I needed to learn before I started.
There it is, right there.
Motivation is the single biggest problem everyone faces at the outset of a workout program.
You have amazing wisdom, My Man's Sportin' Wood.
You're a beautiful woman. :cool:
I don't know what I'm going to do with all this flattery :D Thanks Tom.
No, I didn't know that's what I needed when I started. I thought I could just eat better and lift a few weights on the machines and do 45 min of cardio 3X/week. It wasn't enough because I would never have pushed myself the way the trainer pushed me. It took me just getting sick of not winning the battle and being consistently 15-20 pounds over where I wanted to be, no matter what I did. I finally decided I needed some professional help because I obviously was not doing the right things.

AZJD
06-11-2007, 08:22 PM
I hit the gym 6 days a week. I do 45 minutes of cardio everyday. I see a personal trainer twice a week for one hour. We use various weights and do exercises that target specific areas. I love going & don't feel normal if I miss a day. My advice is to find a smaller gym, you will get much more time on the machines.
You know I go 5 days a week! The problem is that I drink 3 of those days...:idea:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-11-2007, 08:22 PM
So it's better to drink more juice? What kind? OJ? Cranberry? :devil:

AZJD
06-11-2007, 08:27 PM
LMAO

CornWater
06-11-2007, 08:30 PM
OJ will help you get more cut.
Fabulous.... I needed that..
:D :D

Legal Chemistry
06-11-2007, 08:33 PM
You can break your abs down. If you work different exercises you can work abs eveyday.
Like Arnold said, "Traps, Abs and Calves everyday."
I never understood why people want big abs? Just makes your midsection look bloated. Abs are a result of good diet... not heavy strength training. Squats, dead lifts, and power cleans should be enough to get your mid section the exercise it needs. Find excersices that work for you and keep you motivated and interested. Then mix in new ones here and there to keep your workouts rounded. Shoot for a goal and work slow to achieve it. You probably did get where you are overnight -and you won't leave overnight either.
just my $0.02. everyone always has their exercise cents, but no money, lol.
good luck!
My best advise on working out: Sell your boat. Mine costs me a good 4000-5000 extra calories a weekend :D

Riverat84
06-11-2007, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE
My best advise on working out: Sell your boat. Mine costs me a good 4000-5000 extra calories a weekend :D[/QUOTE]
haha! thats the best damn advise ive heard yet on here...that's what im trying to do right now...76 eliminator jet!

AZJD
06-11-2007, 08:50 PM
I never understood why people want big abs? Just makes your midsection look bloated. Abs are a result of good diet... not heavy strength training. Squats, dead lifts, and power cleans should be enough to get your mid section the exercise it needs. Find excersices that work for you and keep you motivated and interested. Then mix in new ones here and there to keep your workouts rounded. Shoot for a goal and work slow to achieve it. You probably did get where you are overnight -and you won't leave overnight either.
just my $0.02. everyone always has their exercise cents, but no money, lol.
good luck!
My best advise on working out: Sell your boat. Mine costs me a good 4000-5000 extra calories a weekend :D
Arnold said that! Not me....... I can't see my abs no matter how much I work them. They are covered by coors light.:D

Jyruiz
06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I do enough to stay at my current weight, I don't want to get to where I was before I started working out.

BadKachina
06-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Justin is right about the home gym, most people work half ass and don't know how to use it.
I have a really nice Olympic weight set and a set of Powerblock dumbbells. I also use www.fitrex.com to get my work out routines. Check it out, it's free and it will give you workout schedules, specific workouts and proper tech-niche.

No Name
06-11-2007, 09:19 PM
With all this gym talk I’m really feeling guilty I blew my workout off tonight. I guess I’m going to go grab my box of donuts hit the couch and watch some more TV now. :D :D

BadKachina
06-11-2007, 09:20 PM
With all this gym talk I’m really feeling guilty I blew my workout off tonight. I guess I’m going to go grab my box of donuts hit the couch and watch some more TV now. :D :D
Yeah, I just had dinner, then some cookies, then some ice-cream, now I think I'll eat a few red vines.......I'll work it off in the morning.:rolleyes:

Riverat84
06-11-2007, 09:22 PM
dude ill have to take blame for that...sorry bud!

Riverat84
06-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Justin is right about the home gym, most people work half ass and don't know how to use it.
I have a really nice Olympic weight set and a set of Powerblock dumbbells. I also use www.fitrex.com to get my work out routines. Check it out, it's free and it will give you workout schedules, specific workouts and proper tech-niche.
that is EXACTLY what i need! thanx man ill check it out right now.

No Name
06-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I just had dinner, then some cookies, then some ice-cream, now I think I'll eat a few red vines.......I'll work it off in the morning.:rolleyes:
I just walked outside looked at my weight set and had a smoke. That should count for something.:D

soupersonic
06-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Dont forget to wash down the red vines with a few barley pops :D
We could have used you over in the Kachina thread :eek: :D

BadKachina
06-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Dont forget to wash down the red vines with a few barley pops :D
We could have used you over in the Kachina thread :eek: :D
Whats a barley pop?

soupersonic
06-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Its that cold 12 oz bottle thats in your hand right now ;)

XtrmWakeborder
06-11-2007, 09:34 PM
I love my powerblocks, but I also have a gym pass too. If you can pay a lot up front and it will save over time. I pay 50 bucks a year now for 24 hour.

squirt'nmyload
06-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Whats a barley pop?
doh :D :D

squirt'nmyload
06-11-2007, 09:36 PM
I just walked outside looked at my weight set and had a smoke. That should count for something.:D
i sometimes watch my ol lady work out....that counts for something too :D

BadKachina
06-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Its that cold 12 oz bottle thats in your hand right now ;)
Do you bite the ends off and use them as a straw too? :D

moneypit
06-11-2007, 11:18 PM
I have a membership to two gyms. I have a full gym in my office. With all that, I work out in my garage six days a week for an hour. I am almost in the best shape of my life. I will probably never use a gym again also...
Everyone is different with knowledge and motivation . If I can give any advice. If your not ready to toss all the donuts, sodas and all the other crap away, its a waste of time. You need to get right in the head first.
If I can give anyone a one good piece of advice... go to beachbody.com and order P90X. I have all the certifications in the world and the knowledge to put any athlete on any type of strength and conditioning proigram.. But the program that they put together with P90X cannot be achieved anywhere else for the money. I ordered it and I use it. Im impressed.

zudnic
06-11-2007, 11:42 PM
LMAO!!! :D
I was invovled with a Golds Gym promotion with apples. Eat an apple before working out and believe it or not aids in burning fat....... :idea:
more info: http://www.3appleplan.com/
Ex-girlfriend was a fitness instructor at a YMCA, so was forced to go for her classes.... Home started this week basic hit the Bowflex for a few minutes every morning...Nothing major, just trying to stay within weight range. :)

76ANTHONY
06-11-2007, 11:43 PM
i went to the gym for 3 months a lonnnnnggggg time ago, but i got so buff and huge that all the chicks where chasin me so i decided to stop or shortcake would get jealous:D

HOSS
06-12-2007, 02:50 AM
juice is for pusssies!

Cigalert
06-12-2007, 05:02 AM
I have this on a T-shirt :
"Zack and Floyd both took roids
Thought Cheating was the answer.
Now Zack has zits and Floyd has tits
And they both have testicular cancer"
Some people can workout at home and some people have to go to the gym.
Step 1: Find motivation and keep it up.
Step 2: DIET DIET DIET DIET. You're intake will affect everything.
Step 3: Learn from everyone. Ask questions. Everyone's body and brain react different to working out. Find what works for you.
Step 4: Put your d*ck in the box.

Sportin' Wood
06-12-2007, 07:04 AM
GGEEEEZZZZ page three and no one posted a link to the ultimate workout thread?
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28428&highlight=Ahron
You guys are slipping.
The OJ reply was pretty funny, I spit OJ all over the screen.:D

catman-do
06-12-2007, 07:10 AM
I used to work out religously, however anyone that has seen me now can testify that the gym has been put on hold. Worked out at 24hour, had a few friends that were trainers so it worked well for me.

westair
06-12-2007, 07:10 AM
day 2. off
day 4. off
Day 1. Chest
Day 2. Back
Day 3. Shoulders
Day 4. Arms
Diet is everything!
Can you explain why cardio after the workout not before ... never heard that,
always do it before to get the blood flowing.:confused:

shippingguy
06-12-2007, 07:12 AM
day 2. off
day 4. off
Day 1. Chest
Day 2. Back
Day 3. Shoulders
Day 4. Arms
Diet is everything!
I second this.:)

AZJD
06-12-2007, 07:13 AM
It's just something I have always heard. I haven't figured it out but I have several friends that are near body builder big and they swear by it. I huge difference.
If you are warming up for 8 or 10 minutes that is one thing, but if you are rockin your 30 minutes of cardio before you lift it will make a difference.
My natural weight is 170lbs without going to the gym. I shattered a vertibrae 3 years ago and have been back in the gym now for 2 years. I couldn't put size on........... Switched my routine and I am 183lbs and holding. I have been as high as 190lbs, but I was over doing it and burned out. Cardio after has allowed me to put on 3-5 extra pounds of muscle. I also had to quit over training and go back to 3 sets of 10 or 12 reps. I was doing 4 sets of 10 and it didn't work for me.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Step 1: Find motivation and keep it up.
Step 2: DIET DIET DIET DIET. You're intake will affect everything.
Step 3: Learn from everyone. Ask questions. Everyone's body and brain react different to working out. Find what works for you.
Step 4: Put your d*ck in the box.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!

4day!!
06-12-2007, 08:18 AM
your body needs its glucose stores for energy for weight lifting. if you burn up that glucose before lifting you'll have a half ass/lazy feeling lifting session. After weights do your cardio at at 60-70% max heart rate(mhr). 220-age= MHR , then multiply by .6 or .7. This will be your optimal fat burning zone. This HR zone is optimal for burning fat. Only need to do cardio for 20-30 minutes after weights. Mix up the cardio, treadmill one week, eliptcal the next, cycling the next and so on. Although a brisk walk /jog for 8-10 minutes before weight will help get the blood circulating through your body/muscles before lifting. Don't forget the protein right after your workout(whey pprotein is the best, fastest absorbtion). Stretch after your workouts not before. Ever try stretching a dry sponge? Your muscles need to be warmed up and filled w/blood before stretching (so to speak).

4day!!
06-12-2007, 08:45 AM
And as stated before, diet is EVERYTHING!!. Diet is about 80% of the formula. You don't have to be an absolute fanatic, just eat wisely. Make sure the things that you are shoving in your grocery hole have nutritional value, not empty calories. Decrease your portions and increase your frequency. More smaller meals throughout the day.

AirtimeLavey
06-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Yep, that's what I thought, too. Had a doctor tell me to def. get the heart pumping before lifting. Currently, I do 40 mins. of cardio, keeping MHR at 123, then I go lift. Don't have any problem putting up the heavier weights, since I've gotten into better cardio shape. Dropped 16 pounds in last 2 months, and I haven't been as dedicated yet as I'm looking to get. Trying to get at least 4 times consistently, hitting each muscle group 2x a week, and abs everytime. Damn spare tire hard to get rid of! :mad:

shippingguy
06-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Yep, that's what I thought, too. Had a doctor tell me to def. get the heart pumping before lifting. Currently, I do 40 mins. of cardio, keeping MHR at 123, then I go lift. Don't have any problem putting up the heavier weights, since I've gotten into better cardio shape. Dropped 16 pounds in last 2 months, and I haven't been as dedicated yet as I'm looking to get. Trying to get at least 4 times consistently, hitting each muscle group 2x a week, and abs everytime. Damn spare tire hard to get rid of! :mad:
You only needa good 5 minutes of walking or light jog or cycle to get the blood flowing. Doing cardio first really is a waste. You burn more calories doing cardio after as well you do not run yourself low on energy before lifting.

andy01
06-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Some good advice here.
I would say the biggest thing is higher a trainer! I went to the gym on and off for 3 years, not gaining not losing not going all the time. Then I highered a trainer to get me going. Now I am showing results. I have a personal trainer three times a week, one hour each day. The trainer will keep you from waisting your time.
Diet and cardio will burn the fat, the trainer will make you bulk up.
Andy

GETSOME
06-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by AZJD
day 2. off
day 4. off
Day 1. Chest
Day 2. Back
Day 3. Shoulders
Day 4. Arms
Diet is everything!
^^^ Very good info!
There is only a 40% of people that will use there gym pass, the other 60% will fail out in the first 3 months.
Very good info here. Just dont for get legs! It is the largest muscle in your body that has the most hormones in it. To release the hormones for muscle production you have to break down the muscle.
Remember to stick to the basics. Dont watch everyone else at the gym and get ideas off of them. Stick to bench press, incline press, decline press, squats, dead lifts etc. All your other small muscles will get big off of the standard lifts.
Dont waste your money on supplements. Diet is 80% of your workout. Eat right. The only supplements that i have found helpful is powder protein and creatine.
And on this subject everyone thinks they are an expert so you will get alot of info.

RiverDave
06-12-2007, 09:17 AM
This thread is proof that this board is getting queer'er and queer'er with each day that passes..
River"SOMEBODY SPOT ME!!!"Dave

AirtimeLavey
06-12-2007, 09:31 AM
This thread is proof that this board is getting queer'er and queer'er with each day that passes..
Lol....whatever. Lifting to look good in a speedo is queer, but staying in shape so you don't die of a heart attack, like my grandfather did (at 55), or suffer severe dymentia like my father does, is only common sense. But then, I don't smoke either. Not a freak about it all, but just doing what obviously makes sense. I've had my days of treating my body like shiat and paying the price. :D

Froggystyle
06-12-2007, 09:53 AM
This thread has reminded me of why my home gym isn't working out for me. I just lack the motivation to wake up in the morning and hit it, and go home late at night and hit it.
I need to work out in the middle of the day and get it started again. The mountain bike thing is awesome for staving off obesity, but I went to a waterski lake this weekend and was hitting the course pretty hard. Boy am I out of shape. I am still sore.
Barring being able to ski every day... I think I am going to need to go to the gym here by my work at lunch every day.
Now.. to find a workout partner... :D

RiverDave
06-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Lol....whatever. Lifting to look good in a speedo is queer, but staying in shape so you don't die of a heart attack, like my grandfather did (at 55), or suffer severe dymentia like my father does, is only common sense. But then, I don't smoke either. Not a freak about it all, but just doing what obviously makes sense. I've had my days of treating my body like shiat and paying the price. :D
Hey I got no problem with people lifting weights.. I don't personally, but if I did
I just couldn't imagine going and asking for advice about it on boating forums, or talking about workout schedules with other men in a social setting...
If we were all in a bar, and somebody walked up to one of my friends and say.. "Hey man your lats are really looking good, what kinda reps are you doing?" I wouldn't blink an eye before I said, "You need knee pads more then a work out schedule."
That being said... Bunch O Queers.. LOL :D
RD

AirtimeLavey
06-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Hey I got no problem with people lifting weights.. I don't personally, but if I did
I just couldn't imagine going and asking for advice about it on boating forums, or talking about workout schedules with other men in a social setting...
If we were all in a bar, and somebody walked up to one of my friends and say.. "Hey man your lats are really looking good, what kinda reps are you doing?" I wouldn't blink an eye before I said, "You need knee pads more then a work out schedule."
RD
Yeah, the convo can get a little funny/homo sometimes. There's def. a high queer population in the gyms.
As for a boating forum, I guess it should be more like, "Hey, you gut's looking massive, what kinda beer ya drinking"?
ATL <------- not queer, but still trying to get into shape. :D

AZJD
06-12-2007, 10:26 AM
RD
Dave nothing personal, but how is this any different than selling misting systems to board members. It's a person looking for advice. GAY? Ha I think not. Health is a must now days with all the crap that is pumped into our food and especially with all the crap we pump into our own bodies on a regular basis.
I think this is the best place for him to get a reasonable response. These are his peers. If he was to go on a body building site and ask, he would get no help. Just my .02 Not everyone will agree I guess. But that is the response I would expect form people who are out of shape or don't take fitness seriously.

Nord
06-12-2007, 10:27 AM
:rolleyes:
OH YEAH, DON'T FORGET, BUY ARNOLD'S MOVIE PUMPING IRON!!! VERY IMPORTANT.

ratso
06-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Dave nothing personal, but how is this any different than selling misting systems to board members. It's a person looking for advice. GAY? Ha I think not. Health is a must now days with all the crap that is pumped into our food and especially with all the crap we pump into our own bodies on a regular basis.
I think this is the best place for him to get a reasonable response. These are his peers. If he was to go on a body building site and ask, he would get no help. Just my .02 Not everyone will agree I guess. But that is the response I would expect form people who are out of shape or don't take fitness seriously.
;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by AZJD
Very good info here. Just dont for get legs! It is the largest muscle in your body that has the most hormones in it. To release the hormones for muscle production you have to break down the muscle.
I learned the tongue is the largest muscle in the body, and gentlemen, you should be working that out regularly.:D :devil: :p :chi:
edit: The gluteus maximus (ass) is the largest muscle, but the tongue sounds better (and I did learn that somewhere???)
hey! SW just noticed that I used ass and tongue in the same sentence :jawdrop:

ratso
06-12-2007, 10:33 AM
I learned the tongue is the largest muscle in the body, and gentlemen, you should be working that out regularly.:D :devil: :p :chi:
:jawdrop:

Angry Inch
06-12-2007, 10:33 AM
The only lifting I do is a Coors Light to my FACE! :D

AZJD
06-12-2007, 10:38 AM
edit: The gluteus maximus (ass) is the largest muscle, but the tongue sounds better (and I did learn that somewhere???)
LMAO

AZJD
06-12-2007, 10:38 AM
The only lifting I do is a Coors Light to my FACE! :D
AI, any airplane parts fall out of the sky lately?:D :D :D

Angry Inch
06-12-2007, 10:42 AM
AI, any airplane parts fall out of the sky lately?:D :D :D
no
http://tehdriven.com/forum/images/smilies/custom/bonethugshiftybig.gif

AZJD
06-12-2007, 10:44 AM
no
http://tehdriven.com/forum/images/smilies/custom/bonethugshiftybig.gif
Pic didn't upload. I only see a red X

AZJD
06-12-2007, 11:48 AM
fix your sig, you lazy bastard :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3251/16960AZJD.gif
LMAO! I fixed it.:D

Tom Brown
06-12-2007, 03:46 PM
... go to beachbody.com and order P90X. I have all the certifications in the world and the knowledge to put any athlete on any type of strength and conditioning proigram.. But the program that they put together with P90X cannot be achieved anywhere else for the money. I ordered it and I use it. Im impressed.
Are you talking about the videos or the supplements?

SummerBreeze
06-12-2007, 03:54 PM
going to the gym now bye

RiverDave
06-12-2007, 04:03 PM
AZJD, I'm not saying that working out is gay..
I'm saying that talking about working out in a "social setting" with other men is gay. ***boat is a "social" setting on the internet relevant to boating, and the boating lifestyle. Don't try to argue that working out is part of the lifestyle because that's not what we're talking about.. We're talking about a time and a place to discuss certain subject matter. If your at the gym and you ask a guy about a routine, then I'm sure it comes off all hunky dory.
If your at a bar or some other "social setting" that's not related to working out, and you ask a guy about his work out routine, well that is an entirely different matter all together.
***boat is about as close to the Naked Turtle as your gonna get from the comfort of your own office/home. To talk about such subjects in the company of other men in this setting is gay as the day is long. However there is hope! It can be talked about in a more proper setting and..
I didn't even have to run a search for it, just typed www.bodybuilding.com and found a message board with an entire forum dedicated to the subject at hand.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Probably would be a whole lot less gay if this entire thread was moved onto that site, and judging by the 70+ thousand threads on the subject, I'm going to disagree with the notion that he'll get no help at all.
RD

Tom Brown
06-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey RD, why don't you swing by my place this weekend and I'll pump you up.

RiverDave
06-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Hey RD, why don't you swing by my place this weekend and I'll pump you up.
Why don't ya sit on my lap and we'll talk about what pops up?
RD

Jordy
06-12-2007, 04:11 PM
But that is the response I would expect form people who are out of shape or don't take fitness seriously.
Hey asshole, round is a shape. Phucktard. :notam: :D

Jordy
06-12-2007, 04:12 PM
RD
Where I come from that's not something that one guy says to another guy. :notam:
The ironic thing is, this thread really wasn't gay until you showed up and turned it. Hell, I thought that djunkie was the big thread turner, but I might have to rethink that analysis. :D

Tom Brown
06-12-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm of the opinion that this sort of discussion ought to be moved to bench racers.

RiverDave
06-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Where I come from that's not something that one guy says to another guy. :notam:
The ironic thing is, this thread really wasn't gay until you showed up and turned it. Hell, I thought that djunkie was the big thread turner, but I might have to rethink that analysis. :D
So you believe men talking with other men about working out in a social setting isn't gay? Well I guess if you say so?
As far as thread turners, dude you've turned the entire message board upside down a few times.. (Spammit karl ring a bell? How about "Team Turnkey"?)
RD

Tom Brown
06-12-2007, 04:19 PM
So you believe men talking with other men about working out in a social setting isn't gay?
I believe the same thing. If we can exchange recipes, we can discuss fitness.

Jordy
06-12-2007, 04:20 PM
As far as thread turners, dude you've turned the entire message board upside down a few times.. (Spammit karl ring a bell? How about "Team Turnkey"?)
RD
It's called reading comprehension Dave. I was talking about turning threads gay, like Aaharon working out kind of gay. That's djunkie's specialty. :idea:
p.s. If you believe that in internet, as in ***boat Forums, is a social setting, you really need to get out more as it's just the internet. :notam:

Nord
06-12-2007, 04:23 PM
AZJD, I'm not saying that working out is gay..
I'm saying that talking about working out in a "social setting" with other men is gay. ***boat is a "social" setting on the internet relevant to boating, and the boating lifestyle. Don't try to argue that working out is part of the lifestyle because that's not what we're talking about.. We're talking about a time and a place to discuss certain subject matter. If your at the gym and you ask a guy about a routine, then I'm sure it comes off all hunky dory.
If your at a bar or some other "social setting" that's not related to working out, and you ask a guy about his work out routine, well that is an entirely different matter all together.
***boat is about as close to the Naked Turtle as your gonna get from the comfort of your own office/home. To talk about such subjects in the company of other men in this setting is gay as the day is long. However there is hope! It can be talked about in a more proper setting and..
I didn't even have to run a search for it, just typed www.bodybuilding.com and found a message board with an entire forum dedicated to the subject at hand.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Probably would be a whole lot less gay if this entire thread was moved onto that site, and judging by the 70+ thousand threads on the subject, I'm going to disagree with the notion that he'll get no help at all.
RD
I'd say that too if I was fat;)

RiverDave
06-12-2007, 04:28 PM
It's called reading comprehension Dave. I was talking about turning threads gay, like Aaharon working out kind of gay. That's djunkie's specialty. :idea:
p.s. If you believe that in internet, as in ***boat Forums, is a social setting, you really need to get out more as it's just the internet. :notam:
Well Jordy I've seen you sport the cowboy had Jordo, why don't you go ask another cowboy how many "reps" he does and see how that goes over.. Then come back and tell me how it's not gay, and how somebody laughing from the sidelines obviously turned it that way. :D
As far as a social setting? It's about as social as your gonna get (again reading comprehension?)
***boat is about as close to the Naked Turtle as your gonna get from the comfort of your own office/home. To talk about such subjects in the company of other men in this setting is gay as the day is long.
from your office/home..
RD <--- out to go be social for the night. Peace in the hood my boating brothers... gays & metro's included. ;)

Nord
06-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Well Jordy I've seen you sport the cowboy had Jordo, why don't you go ask another cowboy how many "reps" he does and see how that goes over.. Then come back and tell me how it's not gay, and how somebody laughing from the sidelines obviously turned it that way. :D
As far as a social setting? It's about as social as your gonna get (again reading comprehension?)
from your office/home..
RD <--- out to go be social for the night. Peace in the hood my boating brothers... gays & metro's included. ;)
Your gay;)

No Name
06-12-2007, 04:44 PM
This is my daily workout routine and I’m in the best shape of my life.:D
http://mud.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/1969152348
http://mud.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/4053805667
http://mud.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/3668613364
http://mud.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/38945997
http://mud.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/4027713938
http://mud.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/2294411417

uLtRADeNniS
06-12-2007, 04:49 PM
hey ive been thinking of joining a local gym to get toned, lose some weight, and increase tha muscle mass...i haven't been to a gym in awhile, and never had much of a structured workout routine. so what does everyone in here do when they hit the gym...like how often, and how long? and what do you do?
thanx in advance,
Reid
I see quite a few Hot Boat T-Shirts at my gym ... Wonder if its anyone from the forums. :idea:

squirt'nmyload
06-12-2007, 04:52 PM
LMAO!!!!!

squirt'nmyload
06-12-2007, 04:56 PM
but i'd have to add these :D :D :D
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/hohos.png

No Name
06-12-2007, 05:01 PM
but i'd have to add these :D :D :D
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/hohos.png
Those are excellent also.
And right after all that it’s straight to my cardio workout.:D
http://www.productdose.com/wp-content/photos/john_kelly_bed.jpg

Devil's Advocate
06-12-2007, 05:16 PM
What a stud!:D

No Name
06-12-2007, 05:18 PM
What a stud!:D
I got you didn’t I?:eek:

Jordy
06-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Alright, stop bragging. :notam: :notam: :notam:
from your office/home..
Nah, if I want to get social in my home, I'll have people over. My reading comprehension is just fine Dave, it's still only the internet, not a social setting. :idea: :D

Devil's Advocate
06-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Hey mister, don't get too cocky. We're not married yet.:eek: :D :hammer2:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Nah, if I want to get social in my home, I'll have people over. My reading comprehension is just fine Dave, it's still only the internet, not a social setting. :idea: :D
It's a pseudo-social setting :D
And I don't think talking about health is gay. However, looking for a workout partner online is. . . :jawdrop:

No Name
06-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Hey mister, don't get too cocky. We're not married yet.:eek: :D :hammer2:
Do you mean buried?:eek:
http://mud.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/110271366

NashvilleBound
06-12-2007, 05:35 PM
NOW WERE TALKING!!!!!!!!!

Devil's Advocate
06-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Do you mean buried?:eek:
http://mud.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/110271366
That's it. No more cardio for you!:p

No Name
06-12-2007, 05:49 PM
That's it. No more cardio for you!:p
Are you saying I’m in the…………..
http://mud.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/3584588990

NashvilleBound
06-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Oh, this should be good..................... :D :D :D

Devil's Advocate
06-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Are you saying I’m in the…………..
http://mud.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/3584588990
Awe it's ok. It's a cozy, familiar spot for ya.:D

No Name
06-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Oh, this should be good..................... :D :D :D
:D

NashvilleBound
06-12-2007, 05:55 PM
:D
No, No...continue.... For ONCE Im not in the center of it all :D :D :jawdrop:

Devil's Advocate
06-12-2007, 06:00 PM
No, No...continue.... For ONCE Im not in the center of it all :D :D :jawdrop:
You're here to throw the gasoline right?:D

Rexone
06-12-2007, 06:06 PM
it helps to have someone push you.
I like the larger gyms because they seem to be more of a meat market.
holyshit, Aahron has stolen Ratso's password.

ratso
06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
holyshit, Aahron has stolen Ratso's password.
:jawdrop:

Mrs. 20
06-12-2007, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=RiverDave;2616155]AZJD, I'm not saying that working out is gay..
I'm saying that talking about working out in a "social setting" with other men is gay.
Well then I am pretty sure that 99% of men in Phoenix are Gay according to your logic, because Tim and I can't go ANYWHERE without someone wanting to talk to him about what his routine is, how they can get better results, how often should they work out, etc. Grocery stores, movies, restaurants, and especially out on the lake. He rarely can have a conversation with someone that does not include them talking about working out.

eliminatedsprinter
06-12-2007, 09:59 PM
That one burns about the same amount of energy and has about the same training effect as a 50 yd dash or 3 flights of stairs. :)
But hopefully it takes longer....;) :)

AZJD
06-12-2007, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=RiverDave;2616155]AZJD, I'm not saying that working out is gay..
I'm saying that talking about working out in a "social setting" with other men is gay.
Well then I am pretty sure that 99% of men in Phoenix are Gay according to your logic, because Tim and I can't go ANYWHERE without someone wanting to talk to him about what his routine is, how they can get better results, how often should they work out, etc. Grocery stores, movies, restaurants, and especially out on the lake. He rarely can have a conversation with someone that does not include them talking about working out.
Thank you Mrs. 20's.....
It isn't something I just walk up to any random guy and start talking about. My personal comfort level. But if I was at the lake with 20" guns and we happened upon the subject I would ask for tips. Not, how much you benchin big stud? Come on. Are you serious Dave? You have got to be the most insecure homophobe I have heard of yet.

NashvilleBound
06-13-2007, 04:17 AM
[QUOTE=Mrs. 20;2616733]
Thank you Mrs. 20's.....
It isn't something I just walk up to any random guy and start talking about. My personal comfort level. But if I was at the lake with 20" guns and we happened upon the subject I would ask for tips. Not, how much you benchin big stud? Come on. Are you serious Dave? You have got to be the most insecure homophobe I have heard of yet.
Very few people ask for "tips"....they first thing most of them say..... "Holy Shit, what are you on?" Obviously asking about steroids...... Not how long have you been workeing out? Not whats your routine? ....... some of you guys that are big out there will relate to this.... when you walk into a nice place for dinner or a store like Nordstroms.... its feels like feeding time at the zoo. Everyone just stares. It can be very uncomfortable.

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 06:29 AM
[QUOTE=AZJD;2616951]
Very few people ask for "tips"....they first thing most of them say..... "Holy Shit, what are you on?" Obviously asking about steroids...... Not how long have you been workeing out? Not whats your routine? ....... some of you guys that are big out there will relate to this.... when you walk into a nice place for dinner or a store like Nordstroms.... its feels like feeding time at the zoo. Everyone just stares. It can be very uncomfortable.
They usually wait a little bit to ask that question because they don't know quite how to word it so that they don't sound like an a**hole. But they fail.;)
They all ask Tim for tips. And what he benches. And what he eats, and how many days he works out.
You a big guy too?

BarryMac
06-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Awesome post MMSW, you just received the post of the year award in my book... :D :D :D ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-13-2007, 08:34 AM
....... some of you guys that are big out there will relate to this.... when you walk into a nice place for dinner or a store like Nordstroms.... its feels like feeding time at the zoo. Everyone just stares. It can be very uncomfortable.
Funny, the same thing happens to me when I wear a spaghetti strap tank top :confused: :confused:
:devil:

bocco
06-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Funny, the same thing happens to me when I wear a spaghetti strap tank top :confused: :confused:
WE just might need some pictures to know for sure.

NashvilleBound
06-13-2007, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=Mrs. 20;2617062]They usually wait a little bit to ask that question because they don't know quite how to word it so that they don't sound like an a**hole. But they fail.
They all ask Tim for tips. And what he benches. And what he eats, and how many days he works out.
You a big guy too?
Me??? I dont consider myself big. Big is Jay Cutler and the likes. But I am 6'3 245lbs 9%bf....bench 465. But I guess big is a relevent term ;) ;)

Jordy
06-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Me??? I dont consider myself big. Big is Jay Cutler and the likes. But I am 6'3 245lbs 9%bf....bench 465. But I guess big is a relevent term ;) ;)
RiverDave says giving stats like that in a social setting is gay. :D :D :D
Then again, RD SUX!!! :D :D :D

NashvilleBound
06-13-2007, 09:55 AM
THIS I believe!! :D :D :D

NashvilleBound
06-13-2007, 09:57 AM
RiverDave says giving stats like that in a social setting is gay. :D :D :D
Then again, RD SUX!!! :D :D :D
What does RD know about social settings??? He can barely walk and talk at the same time :jawdrop: ..... besides, Im giving them to a woman. :D

RiverDave
06-13-2007, 12:26 PM
I didn't say 99% of the men in pheonix are gay.. But if 99% of the men are coming up and asking your man about his work out routines, well then as they say.. If the shoe fits? Somehow I sincerely doubt it's 99% though.. Just the occasional closet fag or metro that's asking on the random.
[QUOTE=Mrs. 20;2616733]
Thank you Mrs. 20's.....
Well if a metrosexual calls another man a homophobe is that actually a compliment?
RD

RiverDave
06-13-2007, 12:26 PM
What does RD know about social settings??? He can barely walk and talk at the same time :jawdrop: ..... besides, Im giving them to a woman. :D
Well I was drunk the last time you saw me.. LOL
RD

AZJD
06-13-2007, 12:30 PM
I didn't say 99% of the men in pheonix are gay.. But if 99% of the men are coming up and asking your man about his work out routines, well then as they say.. If the shoe fits? Somehow I sincerely doubt it's 99% though.. Just the occasional closet fag or metro that's asking on the random.
[QUOTE=AZJD;2616951]
Well if a metrosexual calls another man a homophobe is that actually a compliment?
RD
Metrosexual huh? What ever makes you feel better..............:idea: I don't know how levis, flipflops and a wife beat are metro sexual, but to each there own.

AZJD
06-13-2007, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Mrs. 20;2617154]
You know if you quit lifting weights, those bumps would go away!:D :D :D

AZJD
06-13-2007, 12:36 PM
I have an idea............
All you out of shape gym haters go ahead and browse some more hot chicks on the internet that your never gonna get, and leave the gym talk to us fags whom are willing to stay in shape or atleast subconciously aknowledge that we might need to get in the gym at some point.
Thanks,
JD

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-13-2007, 12:51 PM
RD
Hmmm . . . I was drunk the last time you saw me. . . I see a pattern here http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

RiverDave
06-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Metrosexual huh? What ever makes you feel better..............:idea: I don't know how levis, flipflops and a wife beat are metro sexual, but to each there own.
OK. :D
RD :idea:

bocco
06-13-2007, 12:54 PM
All you out of shape gym haters go ahead and browse some more hot chicks on the internet that your never gonna get, and leave the gym talk to us fags whom are willing to stay in shape or atleast subconciously aknowledge that we might need to get in the gym at some point.
Thanks,
JD
Well said JD. IT absolutely amazes me how many guys are walking around completely out of shape. I can't throw out numbers like Nashvillbound. But at 51 years old I can tell you that ladies make it real clear that they like men in good shape.
Gary

Angry Inch
06-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Hey Johnson. How's the iced tea thing going? :) :D

RiverDave
06-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks,
JD
No problemo. :)
RD

Angry Inch
06-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Well said JD. IT absolutely amazes me how many guys are walking around completely out of shape. I can't throw out numbers like Nashvillbound. But at 51 years old I can tell you that ladies make it real clear that they like men in good shape.
Gary
Well apparantly, so do some of the guys on ***boat. :D

NashvilleBound
06-13-2007, 01:06 PM
RD
ROTFLMAO....AHHH...THATS what it was ;) ;)

NashvilleBound
06-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Gary
Exactly...and I should add Im 43. It makes a HUGE difference. Course if it was easy we would all be big :D :D

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 01:16 PM
RD
I swear to you it is 99%. No joke. Tim is just barely 6'0, 275 lbs. and can bench 600 lbs. We seriously can't go anywhere. So I guess the shoe fits.:D

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Exactly...and I should add Im 43. It makes a HUGE difference. Course if it was easy we would all be big :D :D
That's awesome. You sound like you are doing great and working hard.:)
You know, most professional body builders don't even get that big until they are in their late 30's. Your 40's are your prime. Look at Ronnie.

RiverDave
06-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Mrs 20, it's not 99%.. Your telling me in a restaraunt with 100 couples in it.. 99 of the guys will at some point get up from there table and go over and ask him about his work out schedule?
It might be one or two guys out of the 1000's of people whom you cross paths with every time you go out.. and I'll stick with their gay or metro. Straight guys just don't do shit like that. Maybe there closet fags? Who knows?
RD

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks,
JD
LMAO:D :D :D

NashvilleBound
06-13-2007, 01:23 PM
That's awesome. You sound like you are doing great and working hard.:)
You know, most professional body builders don't even get that big until they are in their late 30's. Your 40's are your prime. Look at Ronnie.
Thanks but Ronnies a FREAK! :D :D Have you ever seen him in person...the guy looks like a cartoon character.... but as nice as can be. Met a bunch of the guys last year and all of them have very positive attitudes. Your man is pushing 600lbs, thats DAMN impressive. I was hoping to see 500 on the bench but I tore my shoulder and now I think Im a bit gun shy :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 01:24 PM
BTW, isn't a gym rat one of those chicks in the gym that has her hair done, her lipstick on, barely any clothes, her wedding ring in the gym bag, and she's on the prowl? :D

NashvilleBound
06-13-2007, 01:25 PM
BTW, isn't a gym rat one of those chicks in the gym that has her hair done, her lipstick on, barely any clothes, her wedding ring in the gym bag, and she's on the prowl? :D
People do that??????? GASP....tell me its not true!!!!

andy01
06-13-2007, 01:28 PM
I'd say that too if I was fat;)
No offense Dave, but that right there is funny! :D

bocco
06-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Never seen that. All my gym has is a bunch of gay guys.

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Never seen that. All my gym has is a bunch of gay guys.
Where the he** do you work out? Did you read the description of the facility before you signed up?:D

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 01:30 PM
People do that??????? GASP....tell me its not true!!!!
It's a shame, isn't it. :D :D :D

andy01
06-13-2007, 01:31 PM
No shit? My gym is full of old chicks........ or older guys. Might be the mid morning time that I go.

bocco
06-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Where the he** do you work out? Did you read the description of the facility before you signed up?:D
Yeah, that's the last time I sign up at a place with a rainbow on the front window. As long as I don't drop the soap in the shower I'm safe.

RiverDave
06-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah, that's the last time I sign up at a place with a rainbow on the front window. As long as I don't drop the soap in the shower I'm safe.
A man is out hunting in the woods with a pistol.. He goes up to a tree to take a whiz and this large bear comes out of nowhere. The bear says "I can kill you right now, or I'm going to fock you in the ass.. " Knowing his little pistol was worthless against a bear, Reluctantly the man lets the bear have his way with him..
Same guy comes back 2 weeks later with a rifle with the intentions of killing the bear.. He spots it, shoots and misses horribly. The bear walks up and gives him the same offer.. Reluctantly the man accepts again.
Another 2 weeks goes by, and this time he comes back with a 30 ought 6 ready to blow a hole in said bear. He's tracking the bear, but can't find it. Finally he sets the rifle down to take a piss on a tree..
The bear comes up behind him and says
"Your not here for the hunting are ya?"
RD

JB in so cal
06-13-2007, 01:50 PM
A man is out hunting in the woods with a pistol.. He goes up to a tree to take a whiz and this large bear comes out of nowhere. The bear says "I can kill you right now, or I'm going to fock you in the ass.. " Knowing his little pistol was worthless against a bear, Reluctantly the man lets the bear have his way with him..
Same guy comes back 2 weeks later with a rifle with the intentions of killing the bear.. He spots it, shoots and misses horribly. The bear walks up and gives him the same offer.. Reluctantly the man accepts again.
Another 2 weeks goes by, and this time he comes back with a 30 ought 6 ready to blow a hole in said bear. He's tracking the bear, but can't find it. Finally he sets the rifle down to take a piss on a tree..
RD
Three cowboys are riding across the desert. They didn't know they were trespassing on the Reservation, however. As part of the sentencing they are brought before the Chief.
Chief says "Your transgressions are serious. You have, but two choices - Death or Mumba.
1st cowboy says "I'll take Mumba" Suddenly, out of the crowd comes the biggest indian any of them had seen. He grabs the cowboy, throws him over a tree trunk, pulls down his pants and has his way with him."
2nd cowboy gets the same choice - he thinks "I don't want to die...I'll take Mumba" -same result.
3rd cowboy get his turn - "Death or Mumba", the Chief says..
"I don't want that... I'll take Death"
Chief says "Fine - Death by Mumba":eek:

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Mrs 20, it's not 99%.. Your telling me in a restaraunt with 100 couples in it.. 99 of the guys will at some point get up from there table and go over and ask him about his work out schedule?
It might be one or two guys out of the 1000's of people whom you cross paths with every time you go out.. and I'll stick with their gay or metro. Straight guys just don't do shit like that. Maybe there closet fags? Who knows?
RD
OK let me word this differently RD.....
Everyone (100%) that we meet, including people we briefly speak to (waiters, gas station attendants, etc.) talks to Tim about working out. I kind of consider that contact.
On top of that, Many people go out of their way to come up and ask him about working out.
I honestly don't know their orientation, but if that is the case, there is a lot of fags on ***boat.:idea:

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks but Ronnies a FREAK! :D :D Have you ever seen him in person...the guy looks like a cartoon character.... but as nice as can be. Met a bunch of the guys last year and all of them have very positive attitudes. Your man is pushing 600lbs, thats DAMN impressive. I was hoping to see 500 on the bench but I tore my shoulder and now I think Im a bit gun shy :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Yes, we have seen them all in person. It is a ritual for us to go to Vegas for the Olympia each year. Do you go? He looks incredible. I love meeting all of the bodybuilders. We have all of their autographed portraits up in our office. Big fans! Tim has had some injuries here and there as well. Take it easy with the benching. It's not worth getting hurt. That's what I try to tell Tim anyways.:)

RiverDave
Everyone (100%) that we meet, including people we briefly speak to (waiters, gas station attendants, etc.) talks to Tim about working out. I kind of consider that contact.
On top of that, Many people go out of their way to come up and ask him about working out.
I honestly don't know their orientation, but if that is the case, there is a lot of fags on ***boat.:idea:
Which now brings us full circle to my original comment on this thread.
RD ;) :D

Mrs. 20
RD
LMAO:D

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Which now brings us full circle to my original comment on this thread.
RD ;) :D
:D :D :D

NashvilleBound
06-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Yes, we have seen them all in person. It is a ritual for us to go to Vegas for the Olympia each year. Do you go? He looks incredible. I love meeting all of the bodybuilders. We have all of their autographed portraits up in our office. Big fans! Tim has had some injuries here and there as well. Take it easy with the benching. It's not worth getting hurt. That's what I try to tell Tim anyways.:)
We go every year. We dont do many of the shows....more the Expo and such. Just a good get away.... We'll have to see if we bump into each other next year.

squirt'nmyload
06-13-2007, 03:02 PM
mrs.20, i didn't talk to tim about working out :D :D :D

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 03:04 PM
mrs.20, i didn't talk to tim about working out :D :D :D
Point well taken;) ;)

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 03:05 PM
We go every year. We dont do many of the shows....more the Expo and such. Just a good get away.... We'll have to see if we bump into each other next year.
It would be cool to meet you. I need to buy our tickets soon. We go to the expo and the Saturday night show. The rest of the time we gamble all of our money away. Good times. ;)

NashvilleBound
06-13-2007, 03:08 PM
It would be cool to meet you. I need to buy our tickets soon. We go to the expo and the Saturday night show. The rest of the time we gamble all of our money away. Good times. ;)
Sounds good....if hubby is pressing 600 I better get with the program quik!! :D : D We can help with gambling the money away too.... we dont have any so we'll just help you with yours ;) ;)

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Sounds cool.:D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
06-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Point well taken;) ;)
i'm going to saguaro tomorrow if you and the fam are interested :) i know its short notice

Mrs. 20
06-13-2007, 03:12 PM
I was just gonna ask when you guys were going next.
:( :( :( We are picking up our new Toy hauler tomorrow morning and going straight up to Payson for the weekend.
My daughters dance recital is next week, and then after that we are a lot more available. She has rehearsals like everyday:rolleyes:
We would LOVE to go the next time. Lets set something up when I get back. Cool?:D

squirt'nmyload
06-13-2007, 03:16 PM
I was just gonna ask when you guys were going next.
:( :( :( We are picking up our new Toy hauler tomorrow morning and going straight up to Payson for the weekend.
My daughters dance recital is next week, and then after that we are a lot more available. She has rehearsals like everyday:rolleyes:
We would LOVE to go the next time. Lets set something up when I get back. Cool?:D
yes no doubt!! have fun up there. watch out for the homos :D :D weekdays are great out there so i'll give ya a little more notice next time :)

moneypit
06-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Are you talking about the videos or the supplements?
Tom,
The DVD's

SummerBreeze
06-13-2007, 04:05 PM
yeah that's the type right there They call her a SLUT too
I am off to the gym