PDA

View Full Version : Lavey craft feedback

71tahiti
06-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I have been looking at the Nuera hulls. I like the lines of the boat. I am in the midwest so not very many of them out here. Do they have an effecient Hull? I prefer the full cuddy 26ft. What kind of power can these hulls handle? Thanks for any info.

dicudmore
06-11-2007, 07:22 PM
the Camires build a really nice boat...top notch fit and finish, gel-coat, everything about them is nice...don't forget trim tabs on that Lavey, you'll thank me later :wink:

cc322
06-11-2007, 08:35 PM
We love our 24 nu era, the 26 is a bigger boat with I think not as a fast hull as the 21, 24, and 2750. All the boats are built sold and you will not be disapointed. They are all over sized imo my 24 measures 25.2 good luck you really cant go wrong with a Lavey.

highvoltagehands
06-11-2007, 08:41 PM
The 26 is nice and has more cabin headroom than the 2750 because it is not inner lined. The 2750 has more cockpit room, is faster and handles better, but will take some time to get used to as it's a drivers boat. The Laveys are designed for rough water, are built rock solid and will hold their value.
Hope his helps. I have been looking at the Nuera hulls. I like the lines of the boat. I am in the midwest so not very many of them out here. Do they have an effecient Hull? I prefer the full cuddy 26ft. What kind of power can these hulls handle? Thanks for any info.

Huckleberry
06-11-2007, 10:07 PM
I truly miss my 24 Nu Era. It was an incredible boat. Of all the hulls lavey makes, even they admit it is the one hull they did not hit a home run with. Not that it is bad, it's just not the awesome hull the others in their line up are. Might look at the 2750 if you intend to keep speeds under the 80 MPH mark.

dr. margarita
06-12-2007, 07:51 AM
The Camires build a spectacular boat. The fit and finish, gel work is second to none. As with any boat purchase, give it a good lake test to make sure it works for you! You'd be surprised how many Lavey owners would be willing to take you for a test ride if you made the trip to Havasu. They're a great group of boat owners.

Lavey29
06-12-2007, 02:29 PM
I have been looking at the Nuera hulls. I like the lines of the boat. I am in the midwest so not very many of them out here. Do they have an effecient Hull? I prefer the full cuddy 26ft. What kind of power can these hulls handle? Thanks for any info.
If you are looking for an extremely well built high performance V bottom, you can't go wrong with a Lavey choice. I have the 29 Nuera with an 850hp motor and love the performance and handling of the boat in all conditions. The info in the other responses is correct. The 26 is built differently then the 2750,29 and 32 Nuera. It is taller then the 2750 and balsa wood used rather then decolite and vacuum bagged. The 26 is a solid built boat with great ride. If you want more performance with the same power, then go for the 2750. If you come out to the factory, they will set up a demo ride in both models for you I'm sure. Contact me in PM if you want any further specific info.
Marc

ToMorrow44
06-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Laveys are very nice and very efficient. Gorgeous lines and gelcoat work. Awesome performance towards the top of the class. You can put as much power as you want in the Lavey's and they'll handle it. Lavey's built a lot of boats with big power so they know how to set them up. Definitely worth coming out to CA and take a tour/ride.
-Tom
BTW Marc: At least with this thread you won't get yelled at for giving an opinion about Lavey's LOL :D :rolleyes: .

Lavey29
06-13-2007, 01:54 PM
You never know Tom...LOL...I get yelled at enough at home, didn't think I would get yelled at online also... :D

dicudmore
06-13-2007, 03:35 PM
You never know Tom...LOL...I get yelled at enough at home, didn't think I would get yelled at online also... :D
just remind them that jealousy will get them nowhere :D

Lavey29
06-13-2007, 03:58 PM
just remind them that jealousy will get them nowhere :D
Very true sir,,,must be a lot of jealous people cuz I been getting yelled at a lot...

kap
06-13-2007, 05:10 PM
71Tahiti:
You did not say whether you are looking to buy new or used.
The used market is very nice right now and you can get one for a great price.
I know of at least one 2750 that is in perfect condition with great motor.
All depends on what you want and how fast you wanna go?????

FASTJTBT
06-13-2007, 05:19 PM
They always do a top notch job on all there boats from there tooling to gel and rigging .

Lavey29
06-13-2007, 08:07 PM
71Tahiti:
You did not say whether you are looking to buy new or used.
The used market is very nice right now and you can get one for a great price.
I know of at least one 2750 that is in perfect condition with great motor.
All depends on what you want and how fast you wanna go?????
I agree with Kap, there are some great deals on the used market with low hours. Of course, if you go new then it truly is YOUR boat from the ground up build..either way you're making a good choice

Lavey5150
06-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Simply awesome boats, rock solid hulls,gel,and rigging.........

AirtimeLavey
06-15-2007, 05:42 PM
I bought a used 24 NuEra and love it. Got a great price, too! Didn't care if I didn't have the latest trendy graphics. Love the way it handles, esp. over 60. Has a 502 Mag. in it. Haven't put tabs on it, and not sure I will. Handles great w/o them. I prop up or down for when I'm towing skiers or just want to go fast. I like their lines better than most all of the others out there. Couldn't be happier, except for maybe if there was a way to mount a wakeboard post (don't want roll bar or bow strap). Basically, it's an ideal family boat that also goes fast and handles the rough stuff. My next one will be a Lavey. I don't think you can go wrong w/Lavey. Good luck. :D :D

Family4Day
06-15-2007, 08:24 PM
We have a closed bow 2005 26 NuEra and love it. If you are looking for a used one-it is for sale. Not if, but when we get back into boating and get some control of my kids everyday activities! we will be in another lavey and the 26 has been all we will ever need. It is not the hot rod like a 2750, but more freeboard, more cabin headroom and handles the chop great. The 26 has a more "V" bottom that requires no tabs, but we do have them for offsetting loads, swells, etc. The 2750 is a more "S" type bottom and is more of a drivers input boat that does require some tabbing. Back to the 26, with a 496 HO, we run high 60's, but ours is stocked full with a sink, subs, amps, etc. You will not go wrong with a lavey no matter your choice.
Todd

jenndon
06-18-2007, 11:11 PM
I looked at everything when I purchased my boat. Everyone at Lavey treated my family and I wonderfully. I can't say enough good things about them or the boat.
I second that! Picked up my 26 on Sat.
perfect!

frdvschvy
06-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Absolutely cannot go wrong with a Lavey. Great people and great boats. Had a 21' XCS closed bow that was rock solid and ran very hard for what it was. Tabs were a must but would run low 60's through some pretty nasty conditions. We could often out run bigger higher power boats when the water got rough. Sold this boat in February.
Just picked up our second Lavey this past weekend. 24' Nu Era closed bow with the Merc HP 500. This was the boat / motor combination that I had been looking for and stumbled accross it last Thursday. Love the boat! Runs hard and feels so much larger and more stable than the 21'.

nextasex
06-20-2007, 11:24 PM
I have the 26 cuddy open. Had it built in 2002 and have been very happy with it since. If you're ever in the Havasu area, you are more than welcome to come check it out.
Frank

voodoomedman
06-21-2007, 05:35 AM
Lavey builds a high quality boat.

Milton04
06-22-2007, 09:23 PM
I am a newbie here and have been looking at the Lavey line of boats as well. While this would be our first boat, we seem to keep coming back to the Lavey line up. My wife and I have 2 kids and a baby on the way and are very active. I want something that is fast, yet stable and she wants something with an open bow. Looking at 21' to 24' also have been looking at Ultra's 21' open bow. Any thoughts? We live on Lake Allatoona which is fairly large and get's a bit rough on the weekends.
Any advice would be great.
Milton

voodoomedman
06-23-2007, 08:23 AM
I am a newbie here and have been looking at the Lavey line of boats as well. While this would be our first boat, we seem to keep coming back to the Lavey line up. My wife and I have 2 kids and a baby on the way and are very active. I want something that is fast, yet stable and she wants something with an open bow. Looking at 21' to 24' also have been looking at Ultra's 21' open bow. Any thoughts? We live on Lake Allatoona which is fairly large and get's a bit rough on the weekends.
Any advice would be great.
Milton
Can't go wrong with Lavey or Ultra. If your lake gets a bit rough then you will probably want to look at the 24 and rule out the 21's. Ultra also has a 24 and probably cost less than the Lavey. Great family boat. Lavey 24 might be a tad faster though. I can vouch for awesome customer service from Ultra. Have heard nothing but good things about Lavey and have crawled through their boats and they are built well. If your even in Havasu and want a test ride on an Ultra we'll make sure your taken care of.

laveycrafter
06-23-2007, 07:06 PM
As if my screen name were not enough, I wanted to name my kid lavey, that's how muck I love mine! Im sick!:D

Mandelon
07-02-2007, 09:07 AM
We've had the 21 XTski for a few years and really love it. It handles the chop well. Its big for a 21, over 22'. Lavey only measures to the end of the running surface, not the back of the swim step.
Pros: With the 496 HO it runs over 70 without getting squirrely at all. It doesn't like to run under 30 mph, it likes to get up on top better. Might be because of the heavy engine in the back. It holds 50 gallons of fuel so you can run all weekend without stopping for fill ups.
The floor cooler by the driver's seat is a worthwhile option. Tons of room in the footwells, and under all the seats.
Drawbacks: Outdrive won't trim up above the hull line. There is no "trailer" position on the outdrive so you need to anchor out a bit and be careful not to drag the skeg in shallow water. That floor cooler drains into the main bilge and gets everything wet. I put a cork in the drain hole and drain it manually.
Let me know if you want photos or measurements. I am quite happy with the boat.

cc322
07-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Drawbacks: Outdrive won't trim up above the hull line. There is no "trailer" position on the outdrive so you need to anchor out a bit and be careful not to drag the skeg in shallow water.
Funny you mention that ours is the same way, seems like the outdrive sits very low on the trailer kinda wish it had a trailer trim to get it up a little more, my old 21 had it?

OCMerrill
07-22-2007, 06:26 AM
Funny you mention that ours is the same way, seems like the outdrive sits very low on the trailer kinda wish it had a trailer trim to get it up a little more, my old 21 had it?
If the drive is pulled al the way up does it hit the underside of the swim step?
Looking at your boat on the trailer I can see this being an issue. It seems any decent Mercruiser guy could add a switch to access the "Trailer Mode".
The swim step on mine does not come all the way across.

little rowe boat
07-22-2007, 06:14 PM
If you are looking for an extremely well built high performance V bottom, you can't go wrong with a Lavey choice. I have the 29 Nuera with an 850hp motor and love the performance and handling of the boat in all conditions. The info in the other responses is correct. The 26 is built differently then the 2750,29 and 32 Nuera. It is taller then the 2750 and balsa wood used rather then decolite and vacuum bagged. The 26 is a solid built boat with great ride. If you want more performance with the same power, then go for the 2750. If you come out to the factory, they will set up a demo ride in both models for you I'm sure. Contact me in PM if you want any further specific info.
Marc
I saw an absolutely beautiful 29" nu era at Havasu springs saturday. The wife and I walked around and just admired it.

Lavey29
07-22-2007, 06:49 PM
My 29 Nuera with Keith Eickert blown 540 is for sale for a killer price if anyone in this thread is looking at Lavey to buy. There are pics and full info in the spam section...PM me if any questions...thanks a lot

29 Lavey
07-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Here is a link to my ad -
This is our second Lavey 29. This 29 IS the best rough water boat for its size. If you like Mead but don't like to boat in the afternoon...this boat will get you home - no fear, no discomfort.....no back aches.
If you would like to take it for a spin let me know. I live near
Castaic.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124757&highlight=lavey
Chris

Wozencraft
07-23-2007, 10:36 PM
I must say...those are some beautiful Laveys! Many of my clients own Laveycrafts in which I only hear positive comments. Usually they are pushing there friends to buy Laveycrafts. :)
Nice pictures...enjoy!
Devin Wozencraft

Daytona100
07-24-2007, 12:48 AM
I concur.:D

Lavey29
07-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Thankyou Gentlemen :D

little rowe boat
07-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Laveys are very nice and very efficient. Gorgeous lines and gelcoat work. Awesome performance towards the top of the class. You can put as much power as you want in the Lavey's and they'll handle it. Lavey's built a lot of boats with big power so they know how to set them up. Definitely worth coming out to CA and take a tour/ride.
-Tom
BTW Marc: At least with this thread you won't get yelled at for giving an opinion about Lavey's LOL :D :rolleyes: .
Because it's about Laveys.:rolleyes: On that note whats makes the Howard hulls so efficient????:D

Chiz
08-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Has anyone out there put headers on a Lavey? I have 26nuera with a 496HO/24P. I get around 62-64 tops, depending on conditions. I was thinking of adding headers to get an extra 3-4mph and was wondering if anyone had else done this? Thanks in advance.

Lavey29
08-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Those CMI headers look cool and seem to work well on the 496 from what I have read but seems like a lot of cash for 3mph. Have you thought about a few other less expensive mods first and maybe a prop change. It you try a slightly larger or lab prop, you might pick up a few top end mph at the expense of your low end hole shot. I am thinking you would need a prop change anyway if you went with the headers to gain the extra mph but I am no expert. On one of my older boats, I switched the manifold exhaust on the 454 to an IMCO exhaust and picked up like 50hp but had to change props to get the extra mph.

Chiz
08-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the response. I did lab finish one of my 24p props it got me an extra 100 odd rpms ie up to 5100, so close to max. But you are right, it is a lot of money for 3-4mph (although I hear the mid range is better and it helps the engine breathe easier - so I'm told)!!!

frdvschvy
08-16-2007, 07:23 PM
The Dana Marine headers/manifolds are an excellent choice for the 496HO. Priced right, great performance gains, and some extra bling under the hatch.

jenndon
08-17-2007, 08:56 AM
PM me if your interested in the EMI headers. My friend worked with Eddie to develop them and he also installs them mobile. Where do you live??

Garrddogg
09-04-2007, 06:15 AM
I like my Lavey quite a bit..:D

Lavey29
09-06-2007, 08:09 PM
You got a steal for that beautiful boat and they run just as good at 100 as 75 :D