PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please..........

topless
06-12-2007, 09:08 AM
A good friend of mine has a 13 year old son who have known them since he was in second grade. Anyway, he was born with a heart condition and had several surgeries when he was an infant. He just had a major stroke which they think is due to his heart enlarging and somehow causing a blood clot in his brain. He is going to have to have brain surgery to remove the clot. He will have to be put on life support for a while. I'm still a little sketchy on the details because his mom is devestated and I only want to be there for what ever she needs and right now it is prayers. I keep you informed on his progress. Please pray for him. His name is Bobby. I know the power of all of us pulling together and our prayers make a world of difference. Thanks,
Ali

photo chick
06-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Sorry to hear about this Ali..I wish him and the family the best!

Windy
06-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Little Bobby will be in my prayers Alison...very sad.

AirtimeLavey
06-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Sorry to hear. Wishing him the best in his struggle. Good that you're there for her. Hate to see kids suffer.

ratso
06-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Hope he gets through all of this ok topless...:(

Ziggy
06-12-2007, 10:38 AM
You got it Ali.... its the least I can do for all the prayers I got for my father this past week........HB family at its best.

centerhill condor
06-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I've prayed for healing in accordance with God's will.
;)

warlock 27
06-12-2007, 11:18 AM
hope he gets better and i will be praying for him...

racecar.hotshoe
06-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Bad news blows when do we get to hear of someones boobie falling out in the store or something.Our prayers go out to him and his family.

Biglue
06-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Sorry to hear about your friends' son Alison. Will keep him in my thoughts and best wishes.

topless
06-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys, I'm leaving work early to go take care of her animals then going to the hospital. He's always had a heart condition but this was just unexpected.

73kona455
06-12-2007, 12:47 PM
prayers on the way

Devil's Advocate
06-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Prayers to little Bobby and his family. Be strong young man.

I GOT LUCKY!
06-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Nothing worse than when kids get sick. Not fair. Will be in our thoughts too!

driverno8
06-12-2007, 01:17 PM
I know what they're going through. One of my twins (Gavin) was born with a heart condition and will need open heart surgery here pretty soon. They were born 6 weeks ago. He's actually still in NICU at Loma Linda. Hasn't even been able to come home yet. On top of all that he was born with Down Syndrome. It's the worst feeling in the world holding your child knowing he's not healthy. Prayers from our family to yours and Bobby.

lucky
06-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Will do topless - I made the call and will repeat !

shippingguy
06-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Bobby is in mine and my family's prayers.

topless
06-12-2007, 01:38 PM
I know what they're going through. One of my twins (Gavin) was born with a heart condition and will need open heart surgery here pretty soon. They were born 6 weeks ago. He's actually still in NICU at Loma Linda. Hasn't even been able to come home yet. On top of all that he was born with Down Syndrome. It's the worst feeling in the world holding your child knowing he's not healthy. Prayers from our family to yours and Bobby.
All my thoughts and prayers right back to you and yours.

I GOT LUCKY!
06-12-2007, 01:45 PM
I am so sorry to hear that and can understand what your family is going through. My cousin gave birth to Suzanna and she was born without her 12th chromozone. Was horrible the first few years. Her Stomach and Liver were outside of her body when she was born and she had 3 holes in her heart. They didn't think she was going to make it and she just turned 3. She is severly retarded, but thank God for the love of the family she is doing better than expected. Don't hesitate to ask for help from friends and family. Your family will be in our thoughts and I hope that your babies are fighters and can make it through. As strange as this sounds, it makes you look at the world differently and gives you a new meaning to love! We wish you well. I am not sure where you live, but they went through all of this in Southern California, so if you need any information I am sure that they would love to help you.

yopengo
06-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Sent one up for Bobby. :D

driverno8
06-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks you guys. Gavin's a fighter you can tell already. He's doing great, just not wanting to take the bottle. Once he figures that out they're going to release him. Every day we see him he's figuring it out better and better. Hopefully he's coming home soon, because Dada want's to take him to the river. Seth (my 2 year old) is always asking for him. He understands there's another baby, but doesn't understand why he's not a home.
Topless - I'm sorry if my couple posts come across as high jacking, please forgive me if they do. They are not intended to. I only mention my little guy when I read post like yours. Kinda let's others out there know that there's more then just one unhealthy child out there and they all need prayers. And for people like you that need to know you're not the only one going through some tough times. The more people to bounce thoughts, stories and prayers off of the better. We're all in this together in some sort of weird way.

topless
06-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks you guys. Gavin's a fighter you can tell already. He's doing great, just not wanting to take the bottle. Once he figures that out they're going to release him. Every day we see him he's figuring it out better and better. Hopefully he's coming home soon, because Dada want's to take him to the river. Seth (my 2 year old) is always asking for him. He understands there's another baby, but doesn't understand why he's not a home.
Topless - I'm sorry if my couple posts come across as high jacking, please forgive me if they do. They are not intended to. I only mention my little guy when I read post like yours. Kinda let's others out there know that there's more then just one unhealthy child out there and they all need prayers. And for people like you that need to know you're not the only one going through some tough times. The more people to bounce thoughts, stories and prayers off of the better. We're all in this together in some sort of weird way.
Never tought of it as a hijack. As a mater of fact, I'm glad you posted because now my prayers can include you too.

Baja Big Dog
06-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Why the children....somebody answer the question...WHY THE CHILDREN!!!
ITS JUST WRONG.
I hope the big guy upstairs looks after him.

Mohave Vice
06-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Prayers are being said.

voodoomedman
06-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Done!

topless
06-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Update............
Little Bobby is on life support and they had to cut a hole in his skull to relieve the pressure. It doesn't look good but he is still fighting. It looks like he will have and does have permenant brain damage. Please keep the prayers coming.

topless
08-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Time for an update on Bobby. Looks like our prayers hellped the little guy. After I posted and got more info from his Mom, she says it happened at school during a game of dodge ball. They weren't using a regular dodge ball but instead they used a soccer ball. It hit him in the head and he went into convulsions.
The doctors said he will never talk again or learn sign language either. The entire l\side of his brain that controls speech is toast. (thats what they said anyway) I told Mom who's name is also Bobbi not to believe everything the doctors say.
Fast forward to today.........
I talked to little Bobby on the phone and YES he can talk, it is slow but he is improving every day and gets to go home tomorrow.
Thanks guys for all your prayers.
Ali

OGShocker
08-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Time for an update on Bobby. Looks like our prayers hellped the little guy. After I posted and got more info from his Mom, she says it happened at school during a game of dodge ball. They weren't using a regular dodge ball but instead they used a soccer ball. It hit him in the head and he went into convulsions.
The doctors said he will never talk again or learn sign language either. The entire l\side of his brain that controls speech is toast. (thats what they said anyway) I told Mom who's name is also Bobbi not to believe everything the doctors say.
Fast forward to today.........
I talked to little Bobby on the phone and YES he can talk, it is slow but he is improving every day and gets to go home tomorrow.
Thanks guys for all your prayers.
Ali
First time seeing this, Ali.
Our thoughts and prayers to, Bobby .

Mrs.HLB
08-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Wow! I am so glad he is doing better!! Prayers are still coming..
Mrs.HLB