06-12-2007, 10:04 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/WhosYoRiverDaddy/cid_image001.jpg
Is worth a thousand words

76ANTHONY
06-12-2007, 10:05 AM
dammmmm. sad pic bro.....:jawdrop:

Totally IncapASSitated
06-12-2007, 10:17 AM
If that doesn't make you appreciate the sacrifices our troops give for our freedom not sure what will!!!!
Thanks to all those brave soldiers who have fought (and died) to make the good ol' USA what it is...Land of the free and home of the brave!!!
Done being sentimental, carry on with the usual HB sarcasm :devil: :D ;)

LAFD
06-12-2007, 10:19 AM
thats straight focked up. shows the sacrafice some make to protect this country.

Ziggy
06-12-2007, 10:20 AM
That brave young man is trying his hardest to keep a stiff upper lip.
Thousand words can't even describe it WYRD.....
Nice post.

AirtimeLavey
06-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Damn. What a picture. Brings home the sacrifice many make for our freedom.

Riveratz
06-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Good Post.. But really sad.
We really need to see this as we all sometimes forget.
Thanks

atomickitn
no matter what his dad/mom will never be home again........f** this F**n stupid f**ing war and thouse f**ing dimb azz f**ks , and f**ing bush ,f*** azz hole ........bring our people home ......:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

AZJD
Damn!:(

ratso
06-12-2007, 10:32 AM
no matter what his dad/mom will never be home again........f** this F**n stupid f**ing war and thouse f**ing dimb azz f**ks , and f**ing bush ,f*** azz hole ........bring our people home ......:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I support our troops, but we're trying to fix something that's unfixable...

driverno8
06-12-2007, 10:41 AM
I got this chain email today....
--------
Will you give this to my Daddy?
As a Company, Southwest Airlines is going to support "Red Fridays."
Last week I was in Atlanta , Georgia attending a conference. While I was in the airport, returning home, I heard several people behind me beginning to clap and cheer. I immediately turned around and witnessed
one of the greatest act's of patriotism I have ever seen.
Moving thru the terminal was a group of soldiers in their camo's, as they began heading to their gate everyone (well almost everyone) was abruptly to their feet with their hands waving and cheering. When I saw the soldiers, probably 30-40 of them, being applauded and cheered for it hit me. I'm not alone. I'm not the only red blooded American who still loves this country and supports our troops and their families.Of course I immediately stopped and began clapping for these young unsung heroes who are putting their lives on the line everyday for us so we can go to school, work and home without fear or reprisal.
Just when I thought I could not be more proud of my country or of our service men and women a young girl, not more than 6 or 7 years old, ran
up to one of the male soldiers. He kneeled down and said "hi," the little
girl then asked him if he would give something to her daddy for her. The
young soldier, he didn't look any older than maybe 22 himself, said he would
try and what did she want to give to her daddy.
Then suddenly the little girl grabbed the neck of this soldier, gave him the biggest hug she could muster and then kissed him on the cheek. The mother of the little girl, who said her daughters name was Courtney, told the young soldier that her husband was a Marine and had been in Iraq for 11 months now. As the mom was explaining how much her daughter, Courtney, missed her father, the young soldier began to tear up. When this temporarily single mom was done explaining her situation, all of the soldiers huddled together for a brief second. Then one of the other servicemen pulled out a military looking walkie-talkie. They started playing with the device and talking back and forth on it. After about 10-15 seconds of this, the young soldier walked back over to Courtney, bent down and said this to her, "I spoke to your daddy and he told me to give this to you." He then hugged this little girl that he had just met and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He finished by saying, "your daddy told me to tell you that he loves you more than anything and he is coming home very soon."
The mom at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as the young soldier stood to his feet he saluted Courtney and her mom. I was standing no more than 6 feet away from this entire event unfolded.
As the soldiers began to leave, heading towards their gate, people resumed their applause. As I stood there applauding and looked around, their were very few dry eyes, including my own. That young soldier in
one last act of selflessness, turned around and blew a kiss to Courtney with
a tear rolling down his cheek.
We need to remember everyday all of our soldiers and their families and thank God for them and their sacrifices. At the end of the day, it's good to be an American.
RED FRIDAYS ----- Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing
Red every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used to be
called the "silent majority". We are no longer silent, and are voicing
our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers.
We are not organized, boisterous or over-bearing. We get no liberal
media coverage on TV, to reflect our message ! or our opinions. Many
Americans, like you, me and all our friend friends, simply want to
recognize that the vast majority of America supports our troops.
Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with
dignity and respect starts this Friday -and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that.
Every red-blooded American who supports our men and women afar will
wear something red. By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United
States on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football
game in the bleachers.
If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, co-workers, friends, and family. It will not be long before the USA is covered in RED and it will let our troops know the once "silent! " majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on. The first thing a soldier says when asked "What can we do to make things better for you?" is...We need your support and your prayers.
Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example; and wear something red every Fri day.
WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!!
THEIR BLOOD RUNS RED---- SO WEAR RED! --- MAY GOD HELP AMERICA TO
BECOME ONE NATION, UNDER GOD.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-12-2007, 10:55 AM
I couldn't put it better myself. That picture breaks my heart.

atomickitn
06-12-2007, 10:59 AM
forgive me but my azzhole sied is about to be revield as i just got what might be the worst news of my life soo far...:mad:

WYRD
06-12-2007, 11:00 AM
I support our troops, but we're trying to fix something that's unfixable...
kinda like you going to marriage counseling huh:D

WYRD
06-12-2007, 11:02 AM
forgive me but my azzhole sied is about to be revield as i just got what might be the worst news of my life soo far...:mad:
:confused: if ya need to talk call me

ratso
06-12-2007, 11:03 AM
kinda like you going to marriage counseling huh:D
:jawdrop: ...yet I recognize it and get out without too many casualties lol...:D

atomickitn
06-12-2007, 11:08 AM
:confused: if ya need to talk call me
thanks!:)

Ziggy
06-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Anything we can do to help Bobby?

Zaairman
06-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Here's the words that go with the pic...
Dear Tennessean:
The Tennessean's April 5 photograph of young Christian Golczynski accepting the American flag from Marine Lt. Col. Ric Thompson is one of the most moving and emotion provoking images I have ever seen.
My wife and I attended funeral services for Christian's father, Staff Sergeant Marcus Golczynski, on April 4, along with our six year-old son, dozens of Marines, and several l hundred others who came to pay tribute to this fallen hero.
As one would expect, many of your readers were touched by this incredible picture. Staff Sergeant Golczynski had previously served one full tour in Iraq. Shortly before his death on March 27 he wrote to his family that he had volunteered to do this a second time due to our deep desire to finish the job we started. In his letter he said, "We fight and sometimes die so that our families don't have to." Tragically, Staff Sergeant Golczynski had only two weeks remaining on his second tour. We look at the photograph of Christian every day. It is displayed prominently in our home. Our hearts ache for Christian and for all those who have lost loved ones in this controversial conflict.
Our nation is at a historical crossroads. Do we call an end to the struggle in Iraq or press on? Staff Sergeant Golczynski eloquently told his son how he felt about not giving up. Perhaps there is a lesson for all of us in this man's life and the choices he made. He was undeniably a man of tremendous courage and conviction. America must now choose whether to complete the job.
When looking at the face of Christian Golczynski I am reminded that doing what is right is not always easy and doing what is easy is not always right. Christian's dad knew that too.
James Drescher

Wild Horses
06-12-2007, 11:26 AM
People tend to forget that we all are not looking for the same things out of life, this man had reuped (is that a word) for a second tour of Iraq because he thought he was making a difference.
It is easy to be in this great country and stand on our soap box and complain. God Bless those that are willing to try and make a difference!!!:idea: :idea:
Clint

Garrddogg
06-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Thats a very heavy pic.. it made me shed a tear.poor little feller.

atomickitn
06-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Anything we can do to help Bobby?
not unless you can keep somebody from a far away land

INI
06-12-2007, 11:39 AM
that is why we are Americans...Great story

XtrmWakeborder
06-12-2007, 11:52 AM
People tend to forget that we all are not looking for the same things out of life, this man had reuped (is that a word) for a second tour of Iraq because he thought he was making a difference.
It is easy to be in this great country and stand on our soap box and complain. God Bless those that are willing to try and make a difference!!!:idea: :idea:
Clint
Perfect.

WYRD
06-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Clint
Great words Pops;)

3 daytona`s
06-12-2007, 12:00 PM
This picture brings back the image someone had posted some time back of the young Bride By her husbands casket listening to their favorite music,while being guarded by a Marine.

3 daytona`s
06-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Clint
SIR!!

Devil's Advocate
06-12-2007, 12:32 PM
This picture brings back the image someone had posted some time back of the young Bride By her husbands casket listening to their favorite music,while being guarded by a Marine.
Yes. That picture like this one is one of the pics that leaves a permanent mark in your mind and heart. At least for me. You look at it and it elicits so much emotion.
SIR!!
Amen.

Mrs.Racer277
06-12-2007, 12:57 PM
I am sooooo sorry. If either of you need anything please let me know.

MR.rvrluvr
06-12-2007, 01:06 PM
:(

atomickitn
06-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I am sooooo sorry. If either of you need anything please let me know.
maybe an attitude adjustment:mad:

WYRD
06-12-2007, 01:16 PM
I can give you one of those:idea: :) :D

Mrs.Racer277
06-12-2007, 01:26 PM
We will get thru this.....Stay strong hun. Please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do.

atomickitn
06-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I can give you one of those:idea: :) :D
if she isnt my hunny ....it might take you all day :confused:

atomickitn
06-12-2007, 01:30 PM
We will get thru this.....Stay strong hun. Please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do.
thanks this just sucks azzzzz....you have no idea how much i already miss her :idea:

Mrs.Racer277
06-12-2007, 01:33 PM
thanks this just sucks azzzzz....you have no idea how much i already miss her :idea:
I have been in tears since I got the text.
I can not imagine what you are going thru. :(

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-12-2007, 01:36 PM
I have been in tears since I got the text.
I can not imagine what you are going thru. :(
Same here. I am freaking out for their sake. :(

barbigrl
06-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I heard Bobby.....you both will be in my prayers :( :( :(

Racer277
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Bobby, you guys will make it through and be stronger for it.
Thank goodness it's now, not a year ago.
As for the pic, It seems an invasion of privacy to take that pic at that time.

AZJD
06-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Clint
I think that sheds some light. I haven't talked to a single person who says they wouldn't go back. It is tough to imagine sacraficing so much.

Windy
06-12-2007, 04:13 PM
:( :( :(

skygod73
06-12-2007, 04:25 PM
God bless our troops.

Run_em_Hard
06-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Clint
Nicely said...this man did make a difference and so does everyone else that is playing a part in this war.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Windy & Bobby, I'm really sorry. I know you guys were worried about that. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.

atomickitn
06-12-2007, 06:37 PM
thanks guys.....at least this didnt happen while her brother was still in the hospital.....never the less .. for her sake again i will need to find the streanght (sp) and keep her on the positive and put aside my heartache ....never the less i will miss her sooooooooooooooooooo much it is going to hurt ...:(

WYRD
06-12-2007, 09:06 PM
if she isnt my hunny ....it might take you all day :confused:
I was just being funny, sorry I didnt know the news:(

atomickitn
06-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I was just being funny, sorry I didnt know the news:(
sooo was i ! ........dam your no fun anymore .......ok soo i am still in shock and a lil pissed , but we will get over this hope all is well with you guys

WYRD
06-12-2007, 09:13 PM
sooo was i ! ........dam your no fun anymore .......ok soo i am still in shock and a lil pissed , but we will get over this hope all is well with you guys
Times are good for us, if you need ANYTHING you know you can call brother:)

atomickitn
06-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Times are good for us, if you need ANYTHING you know you can call brother:)
thank you :)

Keith E. Sayre
06-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Nancy's son flies in a C 130 and regularly went in and out
of Iraq. He's now back stateside but he spent a total of
about 3 years in harms way and all his guys kept going
back to volunteer as a group. Those kind of kids are
what make this country great.
God bless all of our people in harms way and those running
the nation. I certainly don't want those middle eastern fanatics over here.
Keith Sayre

3 daytona`s
06-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Just a reminder to all............when you having that cold one at the lake.
The traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall is in BHC for three days. These were friends and many did not want to go but went fought died

THEPISTONHEAD
06-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Clint
I have many friends and a few relatives over there. They are the ones seeing whats really going on and not just what the biased, story hungry media is showing us. They all have told me that we are making so much progress and all have willingly gone back for more tours! They tell me that we are making so much progress and it is frustrating when they are home to see how people have turned on them and the govt. Remember....its the "UNITED" States of America. That means supporting our leaders even when we dont always agree. Thats what voting is for.
Go ahead and bash the comments as I know so many of you will. Im in the military and guess im just a true red blooded American and stand behing my country through thick and thin. I worked under Clinton and even though he did a ton of bad things to/for the military, I still supported him. You vote, then you support the final decision. Thats what keeps this country strong, and it sadens me to see so many "haters" when things arent going quite the way they were planned. I just wish we could stop all the bashing......but hen thats what makes this country so great I guess. While im on my soap box........where have all the damn American flags gone. How funny that after 9/11 they were in abundance on houses and stores and now they are far and few. I guess its a trendy thing to support this nation. Rest assured though that my flag is flying high every single day and always will. Thanks for the supporters! It means more then you may ever know!

boat boy
06-15-2007, 05:52 AM
Oh I'm going to get slammed, but here it goes. Freedom is not free, granted Iraq as we no today may not have held any WMD's but that does not mean they didn't get moved prior to any occupation of Iraq (they call this hind site). Having known many kids that have been there and still going, including my son-in-law going for the fourth time, while leaving his wife pregnant (my first grand child) in Okinawa by her self on a base which is closing...along with the other issues she is having yes the war sucks...yes we need to get our troops home...thank god there are kids out there that believe in what there doing and taking it to those rag heads over there and not here…I personally pray for these brave guys and gals everyday...again Thank God for these brave individuals and the sacrifices they make…Remember on thing 911!!!