PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Ultra 27 Shadow FC (full canopy)

ULTRA28
06-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Here is what we are looking at doing for the new 27 Shadow. The deck design is based off of our new 26 Stealth being released next month.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/27-Shadow-FC.jpg

TheEduKATor
06-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Looks good John, can't wait to see the real thing. The lines and look of the shadow have always made it our dream boat and now this. We are going to have to get out of our ride alot sooner.

selfmade
06-13-2007, 12:07 AM
that is beautiful

ULTRA26 # 1
06-13-2007, 05:17 AM
Here is what we are looking at doing for the new 27 Shadow. The deck design is based off of our new 26 Stealth being released next month.
John,
It's beautiful.
jm

voodoomedman
06-13-2007, 06:00 AM
Beautiful but your holding out on us. Rob signed that on 5/18 and you didn't post up until 6/13. :D That is really sweet looking and I love the new seat design.

shippingguy
06-13-2007, 06:15 AM
Looks good John. Maybe in a year or so huh:idea: Are you planning on designing a different bottom as well? The reason I ask is because the way the drawing is showing the swimstep as one whole piece more like the 28 Stealth. The transom of the current 27 would have to be completely changed correct? Can't wait to see it in person. I say just stretch it to like a 29-30:D :)

voodoomedman
06-13-2007, 06:23 AM
Looks good John. Maybe in a year or so huh:idea: Are you planning on designing a different bottom as well? The reason I ask is because the way the drawing is showing the swimstep as one whole piece more like the 28 Stealth. The transom of the current 27 would have to be completely changed correct? Can't wait to see it in person. I say just stretch it to like a 29-30:D :)
Holy crap Batman. You've only been in yours completed for a couple of months now and your already prodding John to get started on your next want list. Hmmmm I think I'm in the right industry but workin at the wrong place. My boat just turned 3 years old.

shippingguy
06-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Holy crap Batman. You've only been in yours completed for a couple of months now and your already prodding John to get started on your next want list. Hmmmm I think I'm in the right industry but workin at the wrong place. My boat just turned 3 years old.
Nah. I LOVE MY BOAT!!! I figure this one will not be ready for a year or so. Actually if I get something else I want to get a 29-32 foot cat(ULTRA that is). I sure hope JW comes out with one within the next couple of years because I do not care to own any other company's boat.:)

voodoomedman
06-13-2007, 06:41 AM
Nah. I LOVE MY BOAT!!! I figure this one will not be ready for a year or so. Actually if I get something else I want to get a 29-32 foot cat(ULTRA that is). I sure hope JW comes out with one within the next couple of years because I do not care to own any other company's boat.:)
Same here on the company. I think we are now just waiting for our relocation so we can get the boat the best suits our needs at that time based on the kids age and the lakes and such, also will have to get an HD truck if we start getting into 27 or above. Well unless John wants to trade me even stevens for a new 26 just so he can have an extra one on the water for advertising and have a bichen 24 for the show floor.

fatboy95
06-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Hopefully you will put some horsepower in it and not the standard 496 mag.:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

shippingguy
06-13-2007, 06:46 AM
Same here on the company. I think we are now just waiting for our relocation so we can get the boat the best suits our needs at that time based on the kids age and the lakes and such, also will have to get an HD truck if we start getting into 27 or above. Well unless John wants to trade me even stevens for a new 26 just so he can have an extra one on the water for advertising and have a bichen 24 for the show floor.
I hear ya. I cannot do anything and really do not want to till we make our move to Havasu. I am maxed on in my garage at the house now with the 27 length and height wise. Sorry you are not going to make it out this weekend.
Mike

shippingguy
06-13-2007, 06:49 AM
Hopefully you will put some horsepower in it and not the standard 496 mag.:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
Actually the standard is a 496 HO. Also, JW will put whatever power the customer wants. I know mine has power and I know there is one being built right now with 1200-1400 HP motor. Why don't you step up and order one WITH SOME POWER:idea:

fatboy95
06-13-2007, 06:59 AM
Actually the standard is a 496 HO. Also, JW will put whatever power the customer wants. I know mine has power and I know there is one being built right now with 1200-1400 HP motor. Why don't you step up and order one WITH SOME POWER:idea:
The design definately has raised some interest. That is a sweet looking ride.:) :)

voodoomedman
06-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Sorry you are not going to make it out this weekend.
Mike
Wish we could but we have a good reason. The baby is due on the 29th. At first I wasn't too dissapointed when I saw it was going to be the run of the mill thing like last year but now that it's changed....... We were talking about still going and just driving down to Rotary for the party and if I wanted a ride there would be plenty of boats but even if the baby didn't come then my wife couldn't do the 4 hours in the car out there right now. Come July though it's on like Donkey Kong.

INSman
06-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Looks GREAT John, congrats !!! Throw a nice Ilmor 710 in that thing to see what she will do or maybe a TPI 848 :D

shippingguy
06-13-2007, 07:13 AM
Wish we could but we have a good reason. The baby is due on the 29th. At first I wasn't too dissapointed when I saw it was going to be the run of the mill thing like last year but now that it's changed....... We were talking about still going and just driving down to Rotary for the party and if I wanted a ride there would be plenty of boats but even if the baby didn't come then my wife couldn't do the 4 hours in the car out there right now. Come July though it's on like Donkey Kong.
Definitely a good reason. Congrats!!:) See you in July. The season has jsut begun.

ULTRA26 # 1
06-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Buddy,
You crack me up. :D :D :)
jm

shippingguy
06-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Buddy,
You crack me up. :D :D :)
jm
I have an addiction:) I think I need help:D

Johnwithjm
06-13-2007, 08:09 AM
I have an addiction:) I think I need help:DYour just a baller:D :D

ULTRA26 # 1
06-13-2007, 08:10 AM
I have an addiction:) I think I need help:D
LMAO :D :D
Maybe we should check into the new boat rehab clinic together :)

jbtrailerjim
06-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Bad ass! I say you got another winner right there. I've never been a fan of the 1/4 canopies that a lot of the other builders are useing. Way to go JW for thinking of doing something different instead of just following the industry trends.
Now where are the updated pictures of the new 26 Stealth?:cool:

shippingguy
06-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Your just a baller:D :D
Not even close.

justfloatn
06-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Finaly a cat with a swim step:D :D And no dam canopy. Any plans for an open bow?? Or puting that siwm platform on the 26 shadow deck??.
My name says it all, I need good water access from the boat:D

ultra27jay
06-13-2007, 12:19 PM
When Can I Order One....:d AND CAN U STUFF TWIN MOTORS IN IT......I WOULD LIKE TWIN 525 PLEASE....

uLtRADeNniS
06-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Oh my God.. That looks sooooooo sick!

RiverOtter
06-13-2007, 02:52 PM
:idea: Will you make a walk thru version :idea:

ULTRA28
06-13-2007, 03:00 PM
:idea: Will you make a walk thru version :idea:
We will offer a cawl thru bowrider version. Due to the design of the canopy, we have not figured out how we will do a walk thru yet. I'm sure it can be done though. We are doing a lot of "one off" tooling and styling on boats lately. I already have someone that wants one of these, but will a deck boat style walk off the front on a crawl thru bowrider version.

ULTRA28
06-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Finaly a cat with a swim step:D :D And no dam canopy. Any plans for an open bow?? Or puting that siwm platform on the 26 shadow deck??.
My name says it all, I need good water access from the boat:D
Yes, there will be an open bow version.

ULTRA28
06-13-2007, 03:04 PM
When Can I Order One....:d AND CAN U STUFF TWIN MOTORS IN IT......I WOULD LIKE TWIN 525 PLEASE....
No twins on this one, but the 30' Shadow FC will follow right behind this boat.

RiverOtter
06-13-2007, 03:14 PM
We will offer a cawl thru bowrider version. Due to the design of the canopy, we have not figured out how we will do a walk thru yet. I'm sure it can be done though. We are doing a lot of "one off" tooling and styling on boats lately. I already have someone that wants one of these, but will a deck boat style walk off the front on a crawl thru bowrider version.
Of course I have no idea how a windshield is made but can't you just cut out the center section and possibly install braces and hinges.

ULTRA28
06-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Of course I have no idea how a windshield is made but can't you just cut out the center section and possibly install braces and hinges.
Yeah, that is the plan. We will use some trick billet braces. We will know better once we build the first full canopy 26 Stealth. I just don't want to offer it as an option until I have figured out exactly how it will be finished.

EmpirE231
06-13-2007, 03:48 PM
So when is the 1st one gonna go into production?? that drawing looks awesome!! I love it. how will this boat be on insurnace? will it be similar to the current 27' shadows?
and how much?? I'll take the 1st one!! haha :D

shippingguy
06-13-2007, 03:56 PM
I will be ready for the 30 when it is ready. Closed bow twin Merc 700s:) :D

ULTRA28
06-13-2007, 04:05 PM
So when is the 1st one gonna go into production?? that drawing looks awesome!! I love it. how will this boat be on insurnace? will it be similar to the current 27' shadows?
and how much?? I'll take the 1st one!! haha :D
Insurance isn't bad. Probably about $1,200 a year. The cost on the boat will be a little more than the current 27 Shadow. I always hook up the people here on the forums, just give me a call. I already have three of these on order. The first one is someone here on the boards.

ULTRA28
06-13-2007, 04:06 PM
I already had you figured for one.

RiverOtter
06-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah, that is the plan. We will use some trick billet braces. We will know better once we build the first full canopy 26 Stealth. I just don't want to offer it as an option until I have figured out exactly how it will be finished.
Can't wait to see it :cool:

ULTRA26 # 1
06-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Insurance isn't bad. Probably about $1,200 a year. The cost on the boat will be a little more than the current 27 Shadow. I always hook up the people here on the forums, just give me a call. I already have three of these on order. The first one is someone here on the boards.
We can't imagine who that might be.:D :D
John, hope to see you Fri morning.
jm

Johnwithjm
06-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah I will put you on my list:D :)

shippingguy
06-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah I will put you on my list:D :)
Sounds good. I will be ready whenever you are..

Leverage
06-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Hey John,
Jason finally talked me into coming over for a visit from OSO. I am interested in a 30. I will be traveling quite a bit with the new boat and it will feature my Leverage Logo and graphics. Let me know when you get closer. :D
Donnie

shadow
06-13-2007, 08:25 PM
They just keep getting better and better!
Maybe i ought to keep mine through this season.:idea:

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 06:19 AM
I already had you figured for one.
Why thank you.:) Closed bow for sure on this one. See you this weekend. should be fun.

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 06:21 AM
They just keep getting better and better!
Maybe i ought to keep mine through this season.:idea:
Hang on for a bit longer Darrell and we will get #1 and #2 of the 30 with twins and give them DCB boys a run for their $$$:D :D

Deano
06-14-2007, 10:53 AM
:idea: :idea:

warlock 27
06-14-2007, 10:57 AM
thats cool cant wait to see it in person great job

ultra27jay
06-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Hang on for a bit longer Darrell and we will get #1 and #2 of the 30 with twins and give them DCB boys a run for their $$$:D :D
hey hay hay wait for me i want #3.......dont leave me out....:D

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 12:49 PM
hey hay hay wait for me i want #3.......dont leave me out....:D
No problem. You can have #1 if you want. That way I see what power you go with then I can one up you on it:D

voodoomedman
06-14-2007, 12:55 PM
No problem. You can have #1 if you want. That way I see what power you go with then I can one up you on it:D
All you guys and your money. I think I'll just get a pontoon instead. Maybe JW can customize it for me. :D

catman-do
06-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Now thats what Im talking about!!! Let me know when its scheduled to be released and we will be putting in an order. This time Im going twins!

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 01:00 PM
All you guys and your money. I think I'll just get a pontoon instead. Maybe JW can customize it for me. :D
Come on now. You could do it if you really wanted too, but you are smarter than some:) :D The 26 or the new 27 has your name written all over it. Do a winter build and take delivery by April.:)

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Now thats what Im talking about!!! Let me know when its scheduled to be released and we will be putting in an order. This time Im going twins!
Well JW there is #4. Merc 700's for me with NXT Drives:D

voodoomedman
06-14-2007, 01:12 PM
Come on now. You could do it if you really wanted too, but you are smarter than some:) :D The 26 or the new 27 has your name written all over it. Do a winter build and take delivery by April.:)
Well there you have it. I love my boat and I love owning it outright. The plan is to hopefully leave this one here when we move so I don't have to drag it across the country and then it can be sold and whatever we get next Ultra can deliver to my new doorstep. Of course with cashing out Cali equity and going to a much cheaper cost of living I can go full tool boogie.

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Well there you have it. I love my boat and I love owning it outright. The plan is to hopefully leave this one here when we move so I don't have to drag it across the country and then it can be sold and whatever we get next Ultra can deliver to my new doorstep. Of course with cashing out Cali equity and going to a much cheaper cost of living I can go full tool boogie.
Exactly. If I could not build another boat I would still be happy. I love my boat more and more everytime we go out. JW REALLY DID IT UP ON THIS ONE!!!!:)
The same for me. When the new 30 is done we will be or already have made the move to Havasu full time so I will go all out on the 30 of course if $$$ and the wife allow it:D

voodoomedman
06-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Exactly. If I could not build another boat I would still be happy. I love my boat more and more everytime we go out. JW REALLY DID IT UP ON THIS ONE!!!!:)
The same for me. When the new 30 is done we will be or already have made the move to Havasu full time so I will go all out on the 30 of course if $$$ and the wife allow it:D
No $hit. If I only had to pay the Havasu Mortgage and not this one........

HighRoller
06-14-2007, 06:31 PM
I love the 27 Shadow except that it's too heavy and sits a bit high in the water. The infusion will cure the weight issue but will probably sit even higher up. If that boat sat about a foot lower it would be perfect because the swimstep would just meet the waterline like the 22 Stealth.

RiverOtter
06-15-2007, 03:39 AM
I like the tall freeboard. Looks / feels safer

sigepmock
06-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Put us down for #5 with mini #6's :) :D Seriously where do we sign up and how long is the wait?
Chris

Eliminator 4 Life
06-17-2007, 09:33 PM
John that thing looks SICK.... Cant wait to see pics of the progress

roln 20s
06-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Great concept JW - can't wait to see the real thing :)
Mike- I heard a rumor that for $2500 more, you can get the #6s over the NXTs...if so, a little extra weight but we all know #6s are the shiat :D Good seeing you over the weekend, look forward to catching up :D
I think the new 30 will make me think hard too....:idea:
Roln 20s