PDA

View Full Version : Setup up my PC to receive a fax!!!

79 HUSTLER
06-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Anyone know what it takes to setup my computer to receive a fax. I have Faxes but want to send a fax to my email so that I can email the fax to them. I know it is possible to do just not sure if it takes a program or just messing with setting on my pc. Anyone setup this way???

CARLSON-JET
06-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Start/ Control panel/ Printers and faxes/ over on the upper left is says "set up faxes.. click that.. it will install automatically what is required. you need a phone line hooked up if not already.. you can't be logged on to the internet through a 56k modem if you just have one line and one modem and fax at the same time . fill in the setup info. you should be ready. This is if you are running XP.
Hmm, I misread this. That is for sending.. sorry..

Thorsinc
06-13-2007, 09:35 AM
This is what I use, works for me
http://www.k7.net/

BajaMike
06-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Use efax....costs a few dollars per month, you get your own fax number in your area code (you don't need a phone line) and can send and recieve faxes from your computer.
Incoming faxes automaticly go into your e-mail.
http://home.efax.com

YeLLowBoaT
06-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Use efax....costs a few dollars per month, you get your own fax number in your area code (you don't need a phone line) and can send and recieve faxes from your computer.
Incoming faxes automaticly go into your e-mail.
http://home.efax.com
I use efax, never any probs.

gramps
06-13-2007, 09:52 AM
I use efax, never any probs.
What do you do if you have to fax something with your signature?

essexjet
06-13-2007, 09:59 AM
I use myfax.com Only 10 bucks a month and gave me an 866 area code.
If I have to fax something with my signature I would sign and scan it into the computer and then send it.

C-2
06-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Kall8.com, it's the most versatile phone/fax line you will ever come across. Like $5 setup, $5 month, it's a virtual number and grabs caller ID, notifies you via email, phone, it follows you and will even reverse caller ID by address.
Any other service is outdated and over priced - trust me, I know them all.
Gramps, scan your siggy into an image (jpeg/bitmap), or if you have Acrobat, scan it that way which allows you to chop it up and save it and insert it as an image. I use one saved as a Word document, and attach it to documents routinely filed in court. It prints blue and you can't tell the difference between it, and an original siggy.

79 HUSTLER
06-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the help guys, I went with the kall8.com... I got more responses on this than any of my boating related questions :D :D :D
Thanks again.

BrendellaJet
06-13-2007, 11:23 AM
What do you do if you have to fax something with your signature?
You can scan your sig and save as an image to place on any document that needs it. Just make sure you protect the document so someone cant readily grab it and use without your knowledge.
SOme might say that doing that exposes you to unauthorized use of your sig, but if you are faxing something with your sig, a person could scan it and accomplosh the same thing just as easily.