PDA

View Full Version : Found him...

Sleek-Jet
06-13-2007, 10:26 AM
I don't know if anyone remembers the big manhunt in Southwestern Colorado almost 10 years ago or not. Real quick, the 3 guys stole a water truck then killed a policeman in a near by town and then disappeared into the Utah desert. One was found after several days along the bank of the San Juan River after a police shoot out, and another was found a year os so later by hunters.
Someone finally ended up pissing on the third guy's bones....
http://www.durangoherald.com/asp-bin/article_generation.asp?article_type=news&article_path=/news/07/news070610_9.htm

AZKC
06-13-2007, 10:54 AM
:eek:
A rusted AK-47 with 500 rounds, five pipe bombs, full water bottles, food, a jacket, a hat, camouflage gear and amber-colored glasses, also were found with the remains Tuesday.
These guys wern't f'n around. Wonder if he wacked himself like the other 2:confused:

Sleek-Jet
06-13-2007, 11:01 AM
:eek:
A rusted AK-47 with 500 rounds, five pipe bombs, full water bottles, food, a jacket, a hat, camouflage gear and amber-colored glasses, also were found with the remains Tuesday.
These guys wern't f'n around. Wonder if he wacked himself like the other 2:confused:
Probably... they haven't released the cause of death yet.
When I was home over the Memorial day Holliday, they had a big write up in the paper. The slain officer's son had graduated from the academy and was going to work for the Cortez PD... so there were all sorts of stories in the paper on this. Interesting timing on the discovery of the bones... :idea:

vdrivenman
06-13-2007, 12:26 PM
i know the colorado state trooper who was shot in that incident. he was shot through both biceps and continued to return fire.
last time i spoke with him he was working the sliverton,urah area and he and his wife owned a coffee house in sliverton close to where the train stops.
there was a good size article in GQ magazine about this a couple years back.

Sleek-Jet
06-13-2007, 12:47 PM
i know the colorado state trooper who was shot in that incident. he was shot through both biceps and continued to return fire.
last time i spoke with him he was working the sliverton,urah area and he and his wife owned a coffee house in sliverton close to where the train stops.
there was a good size article in GQ magazine about this a couple years back.
I knew several people directly involved with the manhunt that went on... it was an interesting couple of weeks in that part of the world.