PDA

View Full Version : How much is My boat Worth

Havasteve
06-14-2007, 10:15 AM
No one seems to be buying boats at this time. I put this in the local paper here in Havasu and the ***boat classafieds, if I can't get 10 for it I will keep it, I thought these were worth more, maybe just to me. Everything is fresh. This was the perfect boat for me for many years, I'm going to the Middle East for work and don't want it just let it sit. Any opinions? I will hate to see it go.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/79_Spectra241.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/aDSCF0067.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/aDSCF0986.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1Picture_090.jpg

HALLETT BOY
06-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Beautiful boat ! I had a '80 , exact same colors ! I miss that boat . It's worth every penny you are asking, probably way more !

78Southwind
06-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Put up a little information about the boat and I am sure others will give you their $.02. If you have a lot money in it I would just keep it. At least you know what you have done to it and how it runs. If you buy another used boat down the road and you have problems with it you'll be kicking yourself for selling it. Just my $.02.:D

Benjhamina
06-14-2007, 12:42 PM
That is a bitchen boat. I have always wanted one just like that. I think it is worth more than 10K if it has a decent motor.

KeepsTheBeerAfloat
06-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Not sure about the 10K price tag. Boats we've had around for a long time always seem worth so much more to us. I've got a 74 Kona that I grew up with and restored. I feel I could get 5-7K or more, but the reality is nobody cares what time I put into it and I can't get more than about 3K for it.
In fact, I just bought a 76 Mr. Ed's Custom in reasonable shape. After a couple of weekends of wetsanding and rubbing out, the thing is in great condition. It's a mini day cruiser, similar to the hull you've got(minus the living space in the cabin), with a newly rebuilt 460 (40-50 hours ago)...I paid 3K for it and wouldn't have paid more than another 500, though the guy I bought it from saw it after the cleaning and stereo install, and offered to buy it back for another 1K.
Regardless, older boats are a tough sell right now, especially figuring how many people are lurking waiting for their neighbor's adj. rate mortgage to kick him between the balls forcing him to sell the Lavey he bought on his home equity loan.
It's happening all over the place as we speak, so the old boat sales are only going to happen with people that appreciate an old boat's value!
Good luck.

eliminatedsprinter
06-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Thats a beautiful boat, I would keep it if I could. In a buyers market, someone might wind up getting a great deal and someone else ;) might wind up kicking himself.:idea:

BajaMike
06-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I've got a 74 Kona that I grew up with and restored. I feel I could get 5-7K or more, but the reality is nobody cares what time I put into it and I can't get more than about 3K for it.
What's the details on the '74 Kona?

76ANTHONY
06-14-2007, 01:24 PM
dam, id ask more then 10 for it for sure. what kinda power you got in it? that is one badazz boat.

RiverDave
06-14-2007, 02:08 PM
That boat is worth a hell of alot more then 10K..
RD

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 02:26 PM
My son was given a boat about three years ago, 21' something or other and when we went to pick it up I asked him are you sure you want to tow this from the springs to havasu. Short story shorter, he spent some time cleaning it up and got the motor running and put it out on the street for sale. Damned if he didnt get $3500 for it and it was, well, pretty bad. SO TEN GRAND AINT SHIT FOR THAT BOAT!!! Thats a classic:D :jawdrop: NSF

2Driver
06-14-2007, 04:19 PM
We had a 21 Spectra when we lived in Havi. Great boats ( I think I see Spectra on the side?)
Anyway IMO, you need to find a buyer not lower the price. It is not a ***boat,HAVI, sale IMO. This would bring fair dollar in a place like Phoenix. Lots of mid-range boat buyers here that dont have a problem buying an older boat. Plus Spectra has a great name. If you are at $11K I am going to think that one through and get into more trouble.
I would put it in the AZ trader or AZ Rep. IF you need to use a PHX number to draw in buyers let me know.

Havasteve
06-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey thanks everyone, I would love to keep it, but I'm gonna be gone for a while and dont want it to just sit for years, everything is fresh, it is a 79 Spectra 24 Cruiser, 454 330 Merc, Merctrans and TRS drive very smooth quiet ride, heavy hull and likes the chop just fine. Just put 4k in it last year replacing the gimbal and refurbished everything while the engine, trany and drive were off. It has new rubber throughout like fule lines,bellows, trany and outdrive seals, all fresh wiring on the transome and motor. The motor was rebuilt a few years ago and is far from being worn. The motor is stock. The swim step is very thick Teak wood and is custom made. With the power steering and the hydraulic trans and the quiet drive this drives like a Cadillac.
I was thinking about the Boat Trader, ***boat might not be the right place, I do feel sick selling for 10k... If i do keep it I would like to prep and shrink wrap the whole boat, It might be a few years till I can have the time to use and maintain it. I think this will still be a bitchen boat 20 years from now.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSCF0982.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1DSCF0318.JPG
I was thinking I'd get around 15k for it, I'll back off the 10k and try the trader i guess, I heard the Trader sucks...

HocusPocus
06-14-2007, 09:04 PM
great looking boat, i like the daycruisers and miss my '85. i have always had good luck with craigslist.org, you can post pics and a detailed description and best of all its free. i would list it in every city withing 300 miles of you, when i sold mine a couple years ago they guy drove over 200 miles to pick it up.
good luck on the sale.

shueman
06-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Very nice....excellent price, IMO...:idea:

Boozer
06-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Very nice....excellent price, IMO...:idea:
Ebay it.
List the Ebay Auction on all the big city craigslists.
Set the reserve for what you want and list it with a starting bid of $500.

DMOORE
06-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Ya it's probably worth about 2 or 3 grand. Infact, I'd do ya a favor and take it off your hands for that.:)
BTW. Great looking boat. Good luck on the sale.
Darrell.

Havasteve
06-15-2007, 07:24 AM
great looking boat, i like the daycruisers and miss my '85. i have always had good luck with craigslist.org, you can post pics and a detailed description and best of all its free. i would list it in every city withing 300 miles of you, when i sold mine a couple years ago they guy drove over 200 miles to pick it up.
good luck on the sale.
I have it on Craigs list, Phoenix, but was unable to list it in any other city??? Craigs list bounces the ad back and sais I cant make duplicate ad's, Am I missing something, it's very possible.. I would like to hear if anyone was able to list in multiple cities. Ebay? I tried selling a truck last winter, sold twice before i just gave up in frustration, winning bidders never contacted me or answered emails, had to figure out the complaint procedure, file a complaint, relisting had to wait a week, no responce... swore I'd never ebay anything again. What a hassle.. I'm gonna try the trader, I heard they suck and make alot of mistakes.....

Steamin' Rice
06-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Nice boat - I grew up skiing behind one just like it