PDA

View Full Version : Emergency... I need head gaskets replace today in Vegas!!!!!!

scarabrick2
06-15-2007, 04:48 AM
Pulled the plugs last night to replace them as it was idleing a little rough.
Even bank was fine but when I got to the odd bank
# 7 had water running out of it.
# 5 had signs.
Took the exhaust manifold off thinking it was the elbow gasket and it looked fine.
Dryed out the water ,wd-40 the cyl and started troubleshooting further.
manifold held water, filled block up with water and looks like a head gasket went south.. NO water in OIL just pumping out the sparkk plug hole and exhaust port. Won't know till we do a leakdown.
motor is a 502 mag mpi with 600 hrs on it. Oh yah, it's had a whipple on it since 100 hrs. We think thats good hrs so far. maybe just put new head gaskets on it along with intake gaskets and run it some more. Motor should run a least 1000 hrs..

scarabrick2
06-15-2007, 06:49 AM
ttt
Maybe a complete rebuild by whom ?????
ANy good service shops besides All seasons, Dunsmore Marine, ??

boatshopper
06-15-2007, 06:51 AM
OFFSHORE MARINE LV
www.offshoremarinelv.net

scarabrick2
06-15-2007, 06:56 AM
I don't think Randy( service mgr. Took over for Shane) can get me in and out today.
Talked to him last night.
I'll try calling him in a few.
My bro may say F it and rebuild the motor.

2forcefull
06-15-2007, 07:24 AM
put the good copper o-ring gaskets, take the heads to get surfaced and complete valve job, or pick up some auminum heads from dyno flo in henderson
just went thru the same thing, get a hold of gary in vegas (trouble maker)
it's a bigger job than it looks

Baja Big Dog
06-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Be sure to keep your fingers crossed that it is the headgaskets...

scarabrick2
06-15-2007, 08:26 AM
95% pos it is. They have a tendancy to go out like steve 2forcefull said to me today. Plus the boat never gets above 100-110 degrees so overheating the head (plus we have a egt temp prob in the manifolds). Whipple runs them cold for detenation reasons. we have a few calls in at shops but since my bro is going to keep the boat he wants rebuild it. Skull Marine here in vegas is a good choice . so i hear.
Looks like we'll be at swallow cove(lake mead) till the Hallett park party starts.
We should be nice and happy by then.

scarabrick2
06-15-2007, 09:12 AM
ttt

Squeezing Spectra
06-15-2007, 09:44 AM
If you are running a whipple on a gen 5 block i would only use a fel-pro MLS gasket or a cometic as the gen 5 blocks are prone to water leaks around the lower water holes just my 2 cents :D B

scarabrick2
06-15-2007, 11:09 AM
believe its a gen (6) block. He's going for the overhaul. Nothing but good solid race products. not cutting any corners. should last another 600 - 800 easy with the good stuff.