PDA

View Full Version : Doesnt this just frost your B>>>>>lls

Not So Fast
06-15-2007, 06:57 PM
I was watching the Lou Dobbs show today (Yeah, I like him) and he is going off about how China has struck a deal with Mexico to build a truck and SUV plant in the Tijuana area to the tune of $333 million and heres the best part, they can import them into the U.S., DUTY FREE, because of NAFTA. This gives them a pass, according to the story, of a 25% duty tax!!:confused: Can that possibly be right???? They say they can produce a much less expensive vehicle this way, no shit !!! What the hell is going on with the Government of the United States??? Thats just not right. NSF

riverroyal
06-15-2007, 07:02 PM
They're damned if they do and damned if they don't, apparently. At least they'll have some jobs down there so we can go back to picking our own produce. Yippee.
right now?

JB in so cal
06-15-2007, 07:03 PM
right now?
friggen stalker:)

Baja Big Dog
06-15-2007, 07:17 PM
It's called the selling out of America, hell we now sell ports, hiways, toll booths, land, banks, you name it, to who ever will buy it, pretty soon we won't even own our own country, think this is b.s., just look at how much the japanese own Hawaii !!, Look at how GE sold it's entire plastic's division to someone in the middle east, and put many thousand U.S. WORKERS OUT OF A JOB !!, why, for the almighty buck.
Go figure???:eek:

Scarab Jet
06-15-2007, 08:18 PM
I was watching the Lou Dobbs show today (Yeah, I like him) and he is going off about how China has struck a deal with Mexico to build a truck and SUV plant in the Tijuana area to the tune of $333 million and heres the best part, they can import them into the U.S., DUTY FREE, because of NAFTA. This gives them a pass, according to the story, of a 25% duty tax!!:confused: Can that possibly be right???? They say they can produce a much less expensive vehicle this way, no shit !!! What the hell is going on with the Government of the United States??? Thats just not right. NSF
I like Lou Dobbs 2, NSF... He is just about the only voice on TV that goes after all the hacks in Washington, the right and the left... They are flat selling out our country (both parties, that is)... Sure wish there was room for a third party that looks after the welfare of AMERICAN citizens for a change...

Not So Fast
06-16-2007, 06:35 AM
I like Lou Dobbs 2, NSF... He is just about the only voice on TV that goes after all the hacks in Washington, the right and the left... They are flat selling out our country (both parties, that is)... Sure wish there was room for a third party that looks after the welfare of AMERICAN citizens for a change...
Scarab;
I changed to Independent about 4 years ago so that I at least can have a choice but in my heart and I really feel this is true; The politicians say what we want to hear but once in office the promises made during their election seem to disappear. I'm sure that no one person or political group can change the way this country is going to hell, at least not in any term of longivity that I will see. Why is it that the simple man can see the wrong in things but the political jugernaut that is OUR government fails to see whats the difference between right and wrong, God bless us all, we are going to need it. NSF PS, sorry for the politiclal thread but this story is just too much.:( :(

Stoneman
06-16-2007, 06:45 AM
Bet it won't hurt Toyota's sells numbers.

XFactor
06-16-2007, 07:54 AM
I doubt it will ever get built. How can you build a project with no people. 3/4 of Mexico is illegally in CA demanding equal rights. LOSERS!!! :mad:

Cigalert
06-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Tough subject...I personally feel as though any business is going to keep their cost down no matter what. I'm in manufacturing and daily distribution. I've watched my cost of delivery alone almost triple in 10 years....cost of gas, worker's comp, inflation...If I can't cut cost of distribution then I'm going to do it with cutting back overtime or cost of goods. I only get a few cents off normal gas prices for having a "fleet" but a few cents off $3.09 ain't jack. If I had an offer to move (not saying out of the country) but just moving in general, with incentives...I'd take that in a heartbeat. My type of business cannot be moved. I know a competitor has moved to TJ and has cut their cost so low whenever I see their products conflicting with my sales people I just tell them to leave it alone. There is little competition for manufacturing in mexico. The only thing I can bring to the table is customer service and quality product. I'm on the fence on this one.
Would anyone have a different opinion if said "incentive faclity" were placed in Canada?

Rexone
06-16-2007, 08:54 AM
It's called the selling out of America, hell we now sell ports, hiways, toll booths, land, banks, you name it, to who ever will buy it, pretty soon we won't even own our own country, think this is b.s., just look at how much the japanese own Hawaii !!, Look at how GE sold it's entire plastic's division to someone in the middle east, and put many thousand U.S. WORKERS OUT OF A JOB !!, why, for the almighty buck.
Money is the root of all evil saying comes to mind whenever talking about the government's decisions these days.

BajaMike
06-16-2007, 08:56 AM
I don't think its such a bad idea....the more jobs that can be created down there the less illegals we will have coming across the border.:idea:

Not So Fast
06-16-2007, 10:38 AM
I don't think its such a bad idea....the more jobs that can be created down there the less illegals we will have coming across the border.:idea:
You are kidding right:( This is the same Communist country that is flooding our markets with their cheap labor produced goods, the same country that WE KNOW is providing arms to Iran and the rest of the terrorists that are killing our American soldiers and you think its OK for them to open a factory just minutes from our borders to make DUTY FREE vehicles that will cause the american car makers even more grief, Please tell me you are kidding.:( NSF

3 daytona`s
06-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Money is the root of all evil saying comes to mind whenever talking about the government's decisions these days.
Rex,yesterday our Gov. was making some speech about the 6 children born in LHC this week.The most part was B.S. as usual then she says these are very difficult,trying times we live in and the childen will have their hands full making it. I thought to my self REALLY? it is a bitch now. I`m scared to think for our children and grandchildren if something does not change dramatically soon.:(

Xlration Marine
06-16-2007, 12:25 PM
This is old news to me. 20+ years ago when my Father worked at Reynolds Aluminum in UpState NY, they talked about over seas markets. basicly they were told that things made of "Aluminum" could be made cheaper in China. The men at the plant asked this twit "who will buy it"? He said "what do you mean". Well if are jobs go to china and the like who will have the money to buy this chit. This was 20+ years ago. For one thing if these halfed assed Auto makers of the good ol USA would build a car that would last we wouldn't have this issue. Why do Americans buy imports, 1 they are cheeper, but not really any more. 2 they last longer, and that is still true today. Basicly it comes down to quality and price. The american stuff for the most part is junk in comparison to the imports. I'm on my secound Maytag in 2 years, The first one lasted 1.5 years and this other one lasted 6 months before it was torn apart due to a chitty design. They will be back in 6 more months replacing the braking system. This is a washer, my dryer is 22 yeras old. Things like this were made to last a long time. But not any more. My first washer, 20 years.

OverKill
06-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Rex I believe it is For the LOVE of Money is the root to all evil.

OverKill
06-16-2007, 02:17 PM
You are kidding right:( This is the same Communist country that is flooding our markets with their cheap labor produced goods, the same country that WE KNOW is providing arms to Iran and the rest of the terrorists that are killing our American soldiers and you think its OK for them to open a factory just minutes from our borders to make DUTY FREE vehicles that will cause the american car makers even more grief, Please tell me you are kidding.:( NSF
Well it will do one thing. It will get America off there ass to build a better car. Most of all off FRIGGEN OIL...
a proven fact. If you want to get rid of the government we have today. It's simple. Everyone in America stops working for 3 hours and the government will fold. But that means everybody. Even top dog millionares.
Bottom line America has to hit rock bottom before it gets better, The Amrican Eagle has to fall flat on it's face before the people will wake up and smell the roast. Witch most might disagree. However we are so addicted to having someone else do the work instead of doing it ourselves.
As it was written by our for Fathers. It is up to the people to over see there government. But we are so tied up thinking of ourselves we don't have the time to do the right thing by standing up to the people that are making wrong decissions.

boater72
06-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Just wacthing the 24 hours of Le Mans and they did an interview with Steve Saleen and about China to produce these new cheap cars.
Not that it's much of a surprise, but It didn't take long for Steve Saleen to find a new job. Less than a month after leaving his eponymous specialty manufacturing company, AutoWeek is reporting that Steve has landed a new gig. The somewhat surprising part is that he is the new CEO of ZX Automobile Company of North America (ZXNA). ZXNA is a subsidiary of China America Cooperative Automotive (Chamco), and the New Jersey company has started the process of bringing Chinese vehicles into the States.
ZXNA plans to bring two Chinese models to these shores later this year, a pickup truck and an SUV that will probably be sold in Mexico at first because they don't currently meet U.S. emissions and safety standards. Their pricing will start at around $13,000. ZXNA is trying to establish a network of 150 U.S. dealers, though, and it's at 20% of that goal so far. Eventually the company plans to build an assembly plant in Baja, Mexico that will build those vehicles intended for sale in the United States. They've set a goal of 30,000 vehicles a year by 2009, which is about four times what they produce currently. There's no word on whether the Chinese vehicles will get the trademark Saleen slats, fins and rockers, but we doubt the bumpers will accommodate a serialized production number of up-to five digits.

Xlration Marine
06-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Rex I believe it is For the LOVE of Money is the root to all evil.
Yes, and it is the love of Dealerships to part you from that money. We used to be able to go to Canada and buy new vehicles for less money. But the dealerships on the US side put a stop to it. So I'm sure once this starts it will be shut down right away. Look at the overhead of these local bone heads. Go to the new Toyota dealer on the 202 san tan and get a hair cut and massage while they bend you over. Way to much over head, sorry but I don't want to pay for that kind of stupidty.

3 daytona`s
06-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Yes, and it is the love of Dealerships to part you from that money. We used to be able to go to Canada and buy new vehicles for less money. But the dealerships on the US side put a stop to it. So I'm sure once this starts it will be shut down right away. Look at the overhead of these local bone heads. Go to the new Toyota dealer on the 202 san tan and get a hair cut and massage while they bend you over. Way to much over head, sorry but I don't want to pay for that kind of stupidty.
:idea: