PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for getting out of.......

rvr_d8
06-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Jury Duty?!
Not because I don't want to do the right thing, but rather because I don't get any pay for missing work for this and I (like so many others) have a big mortgage to pay all by me onsie! They already denied my excuse of financial burden.....apparently risking the bills not being paid is just not anything they care about!!
So, do I go to the cattle call slinging Mud at every race/age/religion/sex??:eek: !!:idea: :D

Blown 472
06-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Jury Duty?!
Not because I don't want to do the right thing, but rather because I don't get any pay for missing work for this and I (like so many others) have a big mortgage to pay all by me onsie! They already denied my excuse of financial burden.....apparently risking the bills not being paid is just not anything they care about!!
So, do I go to the cattle call slinging Mud at every race/age/religion/sex??:eek: !!:idea: :D
Play the minority card.

whiteworks
06-15-2007, 07:57 PM
just share some your ***boat charm, they will cut you loose:D

IMPATIENT 1
06-15-2007, 08:00 PM
you have constant explosive diarhia(sp?):D or irritable bowl syndrome:eek:

Ultracrazy
06-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Jury Duty?!
You can cite financial hardship…………you might have to come up with some proof but most of the time it doesn’t become an issue.

pw_Tony
06-15-2007, 08:03 PM
What I told them word for word when I went to Jury Duty was, "I do not feel I could be accurate in this case do to distraction of being out of work because I make no money during this". So I was the first one to be sent home. Might have helped I was wearing a Red Jacket with a huge black Sneider Racing cams multise cross on my back:D

3 daytona`s
06-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Jury Duty?!
You are personal friends with Young and Dumb:)

work2play
06-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Tell them you have narcolepsy. It's a sleeping disorder. If you set down very long you fall asleep. I know, I have it. And it does get you out of jury duty. No attn. in the world wants a jury member asleep. I know for a fact that it will get you out of jury duty.

rvr_d8
06-15-2007, 08:08 PM
just share some your ***boat charm, they will cut you loose:D
:eek: I have HB Charm??!:)

ahhell
06-15-2007, 08:12 PM
I watched a guy get out of jury duty by calling all lawyers " a bunch of thieving pricks" he was excused
I had 1 day at the last place I worked, It always worked

rvr_d8
06-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Tell them you have narcolepsy. It's a sleeping disorder. If you set down very long you fall asleep. I know, I have it. And it does get you out of jury duty. No attn. in the world wants a jury member asleep. I know for a fact that it will get you out of jury duty.
You didn't have to show proof?!
My son has Autism, and they didn't even except the UCLA paperwork of the actual Diagnosis given to him because of the fact that a pyschologist makes the diagnosis and they wanted a Medical (from an MD) note. So it's still pending that arguement!!

rvr_d8
06-15-2007, 08:17 PM
I watched a guy get out of jury duty by calling all lawyers " a bunch of thieving pricks" he was excused
I had 1 day at the last place I worked, It always worked
HEY!!! I can do that!!:) I went through a divorce and share those thoughts!!:D

H20 Toie
06-15-2007, 08:19 PM
just ignore what ever they send you in the mail. that is not a legal summons.

rvr_d8
06-15-2007, 08:20 PM
What I told them word for word when I went to Jury Duty was, "I do not feel I could be accurate in this case do to distraction of being out of work because I make no money during this". So I was the first one to be sent home. Might have helped I was wearing a Red Jacket with a huge black Sneider Racing cams multise cross on my back:D
The being distracted because of thinking about the money loss and bills not getting paid would be the truth!!!
Can I borrow the jacket for back up?!:D

work2play
06-15-2007, 08:22 PM
No I didn't have to give proof. Which I don't have. My doc told me what I have and I have had it all my life. But he didn't put in in my charts or I could lose my drivers licence. But they sent me packing in court.

rvr_d8
06-15-2007, 08:24 PM
just ignore what ever they send you in the mail. that is not a legal summons.
I'd hate to do that and end up wrong! I don't think I would do well in Jail! :(
(I hear little Blondes get their Azz kicked right away!!....:eek:
unless your name is Paris!):)

ahhell
06-15-2007, 08:29 PM
I ignored one once ...then I got the pink contempt notice...:eek:

rvr_d8
06-15-2007, 08:29 PM
You can cite financial hardship…………you might have to come up with some proof but most of the time it doesn’t become an issue.
Thank you....I do appreciate all input! This is very concerning to me.....
even though I do a little joking around about it.
That's my coping MO.....:)

Xlration Marine
06-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Call the phone number the day before. My wife had one last month. She called the number and it said stay home. The State should really use people that are on the "WELLFAIR" System for this crap, not like they have a life or anything. Not like they pay there own bills or even have a reason to get there deadbeat ass out of bed. Heck use school teachers in the summer when they are off. OOOp's that's thinking, sorry.

Lavey29
06-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Have your employer sign a letter stating that you are not paid while you are at jury duty and this creates your hardship. Send it in with your request to be excused.

rvr_d8
06-15-2007, 08:35 PM
I ignored one once ...then I got the pink contempt notice...:eek:
Nuff Said!!:eek:

rvr_d8
06-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Have your employer sign a letter stating that you are not paid while you are at jury duty and this creates your hardship. Send it in with your request to be excused.
I already sent in my excuse request......they ask what your income is but don't ask what your bills and mortgage are!! They denied me! I have no idea what the denial is based on!
It all just seems So lame!

dragboat
06-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Do your duty.
Or don't bitch when you or someone in your family gets falsely accused of some sex crime or worse by mistaken identity and the only people on your jury are the ones that aren't smart enough to fake their way out of their responsibility.
Do your job.:mad: Make a difference.

rvr_d8
06-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Do your duty.
Or don't bitch when you or someone in your family gets falsely accused of some sex crime or worse by mistaken identity and the only people on your jury are the ones that aren't smart enough to fake their way out of their responsibility.
Do your job.:mad: Make a difference.
I would do my duty....so long as I can do it and still support my home and son on My One income!
This isn't about turning my back..... because I don't feel like it. I come from a family of law enforcement....so I understand your point.....it just doesn't always apply to every person. Believe me I Not faking my way out of my Civic duty....I have to pay bills. Thanks for the lecture though:)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-15-2007, 09:05 PM
I think it's a sad situation that so many people in this country are unable to go for 1-2 weeks without a paycheck to serve their country. Personally, I don't want a bunch of welfare people deciding if I'm inncocent or guilty. I want average working people like me (my peers). Unfortunately, most of them are unable or unwilling to make the sacrifice for their fellow citizens. What is this country without a jury trial? Nobody WANTS to go. It's our duty in order to have a decent judicial system in this nation. I understand if your house will go into foreclosure and whatnot, but I'm just saying that it seems to be everyone's excuse. Nobody seems to have a cushion for things like this, and they should.
Rant off. :D
Basically, it depends on how hard nose the judge is. I've seen them both ways. Some say, "Does your spouse work?" "How much does he/she make?" Excused. Some say, "too bad, life's tough, deal with it." Good luck with your judge.

scooooter7
06-15-2007, 09:15 PM
I come from a family of law enforcement _sp:
Nuff said. He was arrested, so he must be guilty.

Miss Perfect
06-15-2007, 09:18 PM
I marked the financial hardship box and sent a copy of my company handbook where it states we are not paid for Jury Duty. I never heard back from them. I have no problem doing my duty as long as it does not hurt me financially. I will serve all they want once I am retired.

Throttle
06-15-2007, 09:20 PM
i know someplace you can start serving...

77charger
06-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Just go on the day you are to report.If you get selected listen closely to what the judge says when they interview you.Then start thinking.
example he asks if you block out any evidence that might be heard or something you have read etc,but not admissable say no you cant!Or if you were the only hold out in a conviciton or aquital say you wont change your mind or cant be persuaded to go with the majority,you believe all cops are crooked and its hard for you to believe what they say since its thier word first before the defendants no matter if truth or lies,and so on
I have to go next month everytime i have made it to the jury box i have used some lame excuse to get out like mentioned above i gave up trying to think of an excuse when the judge eask if i have a good reason to be excused cause they still procedd no matter what and now you are like a sore thumb.BUt instead hope i dont make it to the final questioning and that jury is selected before they get to me if not go with the flow til i get asked more serious questions.

rvr_d8
06-15-2007, 09:23 PM
I think it's a sad situation that so many people in this country are unable to go for 1-2 weeks without a paycheck to serve their country. Personally, I don't want a bunch of welfare people deciding if I'm inncocent or guilty. I want average working people like me (my peers). Unfortunately, most of them are unable or unwilling to make the sacrifice for their fellow citizens. What is this country without a jury trial? Nobody WANTS to go. It's our duty in order to have a decent judicial system in this nation. I understand if you're house will go into foreclosure and whatnot, but I'm just saying that it seems to be everyone's excuse. Nobody seems to have a cushion for things like this, and they should.
Rant off. :D
Basically, it depends on how hard nose the judge is. I've seen them both ways. Some say, "Does your spouse work?" "How much does he/she make?" Excused. Some say, "too bad, life's tough, deal with it." Good luck with your judge.
I have served jury duty before when I was Married with 2 Incomes and help at home. Unfortunately things have changed in that area. Your right, it is too bad that people can't go a week or two without pay. I am the sole support of my home and this time around it is just to hard for me....that's all.
Obviously I'll do what I have to do in my favor or against me. I was just looking for some suggestions/opinions. Thank You for your input.:)

Ryphraph
06-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Just tell them that you believe the police never, ever would lie. Use the "if they were arrested, they must be guilty" logic. Just saying the word guilty is enough to get you booted. Maddog the defendant the entire time. You will be the first one excused.
I don't have the patience to type out my 2 week jury duty horror story...
Let me just say I will do or say anything to get out of sitting on a trial ever again.
Ryph

rvr_d8
06-15-2007, 09:28 PM
I marked the financial hardship box and sent a copy of my company handbook where it states we are not paid for Jury Duty. I never heard back from them. I have no problem doing my duty as long as it does not hurt me financially. I will serve all they want once I am retired.
Well Put! Thanks:)
Just tell them that you believe the police never, ever would lie. Use the "if they were arrested, they must be guilty" logic. Just saying the word guilty is enough to get you booted. Maddog the defendant the entire time. You will be the first one excused.
I don't have the patience to type out my 2 week jury duty horror story...
Let me just say I will do or say anything to get out of sitting on a trial ever again.
Ryph
Maddog the defendant?! :D lol!!!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-15-2007, 09:33 PM
I have served jury duty before when I was Married with 2 Incomes and help at home. Unfortunately things have changed in that area. Your right, it is too bad that people can't go a week or two without pay. I am the sole support of my home and this time around it is just to hard for me....that's all.
Obviously I'll do what I have to do in my favor or against me. I was just looking for some suggestions/opinions. Thank You for your input.:)
I wasn't bashing you. Just society in general. We spend too much $$ on crap and then have nothing left to give back to society.
My suggestion, use your family of law enforcement to your advantage. If they ask if you would value a police officer's statements higher than someone else's say "yes". When they ask if they've ever discussed cases with you say "yes". They really seem to grill the folks with spouses, parents or siblings in law enforcement. Be prepared to tell them what area these folks work in and cities.

cola
06-15-2007, 09:33 PM
My mom was a school teacher and she liked going for duty as she traded the little jury pay for her regular pay. It was a win/win, pay & no kids to watch. :D

rvr_d8
06-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Thank you everyone for the ideas/stories/Laughs :D and the honesty.
I do appreciate it alot. :)
Everyone have a great weekend!:)

Rexone
06-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Courts in San Bernardino county and I think LA too have for the past couple years or so disallowed excusals for financial hardship. Virtually everyone was claiming it.

Cheap Thrills
06-16-2007, 02:31 AM
Before going in, Pack your crack with some Chunky Jiff, then go in to see them about getting out. As you're standing there, stick you hand down your pants and pull out a wad of Jiff and lick your fingers clean.
That'll get ya out of any more of that jury duty.
Then again it may get you strapped into a jacket and tossed in the loony bin.
Yep saw it in a movie. :D
C.T. :wink:

76ANTHONY
06-16-2007, 02:36 AM
i just tell em i know jordy, huh works every timmmmmme:D :D

dragboat
06-16-2007, 06:00 AM
I would do my duty....so long as I can do it and still support my home and son on My One income!
This isn't about turning my back..... because I don't feel like it. I come from a family of law enforcement....so I understand your point.....it just doesn't always apply to every person. Believe me I Not faking my way out of my Civic duty....I have to pay bills. Thanks for the lecture though:)
Did not mean to lecture you personally ;) , just wanted to say my piece to everyone else that clicked onto this thread to find out how to be irresponsible. I've seen the other side. My folks had to sue a dishonest man over the sale of their business. Their retirement hung in the balance. 20+ years of HARD work. Thankfully the jury had some intelligent life on it.
I put my money where my mouth is. As an employer, I pay my people a full weeks pay for as many weeks as it takes. I feel thats my responsibility.
My number one producer Scott, was on a case where a lady was suing over a staged accident. She got nothing. Come to find out, it was the second time she'd tried it and her live in boyfriend did the same thing less than a year earlier and got millions.:mad:
Go and make a difference.

superdave013
06-16-2007, 06:21 AM
Courts in San Bernardino county and I think LA too have for the past couple years or so disallowed excusals for financial hardship. Virtually everyone was claiming it.
And OC. I have a one man shop. Place is closed when I'm gone and I sure don't get paid. You could check any box you wanted but in my case it didn't matter. I had to serve end of story.
Now one of my customers was just telling me how he got out of it. He showed up with full biker gear. I'm talk boots, chaps, vest (with gang patch). lol They said he could not be dressed like that in court. He whipped out some legal mumbo jumbo that he already had copied and raised a stink. Pretty much he said they could not get him out of there fast enough.

mickeyfinn
06-16-2007, 06:40 AM
Jury Duty?!
You get the pay everyday you wake up in a free country. You worry about the burden of getting behind on a few bills, consider what the folks who went to fight and possibly die risked to make sure you had the right to sit on that jury. Do your duty, suck it up and go.

dragboat
06-17-2007, 07:56 PM
You get the pay everyday you wake up in a free country. You worry about the burden of getting behind on a few bills, consider what the folks who went to fight and possibly die risked to make sure you had the right to sit on that jury. Do your duty, suck it up and go.
Hells yea, What he said!

CarBizIndio
06-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Say your extremely hard of hearing and they will dismiss you. If you want to add alittle extra just make the point that you are a racist.

HavaSkank
06-18-2007, 06:23 AM
You walk in wearing an NRA ballcap, camo pants and a rebel flag tshirt.

THOR
06-18-2007, 06:47 AM
I have a bad back and cant sit for extended periods for time and have a medical release. But, I do serve every now and then when I can. I do my duty when I can and am proud to do so. The really sad thing is that my parents (who are young) would love to serve yet they never get called. They have even called in and asked; still nothing.