PDA

View Full Version : California Craziness.........

Boozer
06-16-2007, 12:31 AM
I can't sleep.....
Today was the day of my big drive.
I left Chino at 4am and headed to Sacramento, then had a meeting in Terlock <sp>, and Fresno, then headed back to Chino.
I've lived in Southern California for just shy of 20 years off an on and until today had never been any further north then Sylvang <sp> which I visited when I was 10 years old.
The drive was interesting. Shortly after I got past Castaic on the 5 I caught a familiar smell, cow shit. As crazy as it sounds that smell made me feel at home. Growing up in Chino I use to wake up to the smell of dairies every morning and as unpleasant as it is the smell grows on you. I don't miss it because after all it is a sh*tty smell, but it was a familiar smell and a reminder of the old days for sure. Back in the day nothing said Chino like the smell of cow shit in the morning.
Stockton California tripped me out a bit. As I was cruising along the 5 it felt as though I was getting further and further inland. I hit Stockton, felt very inland, then looked off to the side of the highway and there was a god damn river with ocean ships in it! Tanker ships even! I'm guessing that wasa the Delta....
As I approached Sacramento I began to become very dissapointed. I always envisioned Sacramento to be this lush green countryside with lots of colonial architecture, tons of trees, and a warm inviting feeling. The people I have met from Sacramento have always talked about the place like it was the friendliest place on earth (friendlier then Disneyland), Instead it's like god damn LA but the buildings aren't as tall and the sky appears to be just as brown. What a joke!
After I was finished in Sacramento a client wanted me to meet up in Terlock... How in the f*ck does anyone ever end up living in Terlock?? If it weren't for a business deal I would have never heard of the place. Apparently it's a college town... I'm glad I didn't go to college there because those college girls are ugly as fawk!
My next stop was Fresno. Fresno was okay I guess... It was fairly green but it was also hot as hell.
I drove through Bakersfield for the first time in my life. Bakersfield was a HUGE shock to me. For some reason I always envisioned Bakersfield to be this small desert wasteland full of mobile homes, cactus, a couple small old school style gas stations, tumble weeds blowing past you and rednecks with no teeth. Instead I discovered that Bakersfield is this metropolis with a lot of sh*t. It's also got air so bad you can taste the smog and it is f*ckin hot there!!! The sun had already set and it still had to be at least 90 degrees there when I drove through.
All said and done I have come to the conclusion that Southern California is the place to be! Nor-Cal has just as many illegals but they have a hell of a lot further drive if they want to hit Vegas, Roasarito, Ensanada, Havasu, Etc, the girls there aren't nearly as good looking, and it is more expensive to live there!
Until today I always wanted to check out San Francisco. As of today my guess is that it's like El Segundo except it has a lot more fags, row houses and aids. Probably a lot like Denvers art district only a hell of a lot more expensive and you might actually catch something by touching a dirty door knob.
Needless to say I'll happily be staying on this side of the Delta unless there's $$ involved.

76ANTHONY
06-16-2007, 12:37 AM
ya gotta know fresno before you can hate fresno....lived there for 15 years, i still like visiting there:D

27 Awesome cat
06-16-2007, 01:15 AM
ya gotta know fresno before you can hate fresno....lived there for 15 years, i still like visiting there:D
No wonder your so F'ed up......:D

76ANTHONY
06-16-2007, 01:53 AM
No wonder your so F'ed up......:D
that and all the meth i do so i can stay up late and talk shiat on all the forums:D :D

27 Awesome cat
06-16-2007, 02:29 AM
that and all the meth i do so i can stay up late and talk shiat on all the forums:D :D
Wana see my starfish?:D

76ANTHONY
06-16-2007, 02:37 AM
Wana see my starfish?:D
you scare me:eek: :D :D

Riomouse911
06-16-2007, 08:31 AM
There is a world inside California when you head outside of Southern Cal. I moved here as a kid in 1976 with Mom and sis, and I have lived in Wilmington ("In the ghetto") and went to Fries Ave. School, Berkeley (Jr hi and High School), Eureka (4 yrs in college), then moved down to Long Beach(6 mos), Artesia (1 yr), Chino (10 yrs) and now Norco ( 3yrs). I can honestly say the only place I havent lived in is a Central valley farm town.
Head up 101 from Santa Barbara to Del Norte. You'll see more trees than you can ever imagine. 395 through Bishop to Reno will take youfrom Desert to 8000 feet in the Sierras. 299 across the upper State is unbelieveable. We have it all, go ex[plre and you'll see what I mean.

jh4rt
06-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Until today I always wanted to check out San Francisco. As of today my guess is that it's like El Segundo except it has a lot more fags, row houses and aids. Probably a lot like Denvers art district only a hell of a lot more expensive and you might actually catch something by touching a dirty door knob.
Needless to say I'll happily be staying on this side of the Delta unless there's $$ involved.
You'd be missing out. I wouldn't want to live there, but it is an absolutely amazing place. When you drive across the bridge, turn left and look back from the Marin headlands; there is little else that looks as cool.
(imho)

boatsnblondes
06-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Well, lets see....So Cal- smog, heat, traffic, traffic, traffic, heat, smog, overcrowding, Mexicans everywhere, but on the other hand, Orange County is nice, my family live in Newport and Coto...no water, i.e. streams, rivers, etc.
Nor Cal....- lots of lakes, no traffic, cool, clear nights, not as many Mexicans,no traffic, nice people, lots of green trees, lots of rivers, streams, places to go, and the City of San Fran is a great city...you missed out....yes, there are fags, leftists, anarchists, and everyother type of freak you can think of over there, but its still one hell of a town....