PDA

View Full Version : hey HH...VP ? for ya

SummitKarl
06-17-2007, 09:39 AM
I am going to try a new prop Monday, Richard (propeller company) out here just happened to find a SST prop made by VP...it's a 14" 26p 3b, I currently have a 15.625" 23p 3b....so what do you think is going to happen...faster or slower....?
I think the increased pitch won't make up for the Dia. loss and I will over power the prop:confused:

Havasu Hangin'
06-17-2007, 12:28 PM
I am going to try a new prop Monday, Richard (propeller company) out here just happened to find a SST prop made by VP...it's a 14" 26p 3b, I currently have a 15.625" 23p 3b....so what do you think is going to happen...faster or slower....?
I think the increased pitch won't make up for the Dia. loss and I will over power the prop:confused:
If I remember right, I did try a similar prop on my old boat. I never had much luck with the smaller diameter or three blades- the 4 blades held better in turns (less blowout), but the three blade/smaller diameter choppers had slightly better top-end. It was a trade-off, but I liked the four blades better.
I am psychotic...but not psychic- I'd say unless you raise the X and put some nitrous on it, you probably won't gain any topend speed.

AZJD
06-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Is Dia slowing your boat down? :confused: :eek: :idea: :D :D :D

SummitKarl
06-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Is Dia slowing your boat down? :confused: :eek: :idea: :D :D :D
OMG ROTFLMAO...............good one:D
actually I think the slow down is her 3 suitcases worth of bikini changes for the day:rolleyes: (all with the nordstroms tags still attached):idea: :D