PDA

View Full Version : lenco in a ski hydro

76 sanger hydro
12-15-2001, 12:37 AM
i wanted to know if it is a good or bad idea to use a lenco in a ski hydro and about what should i pay to get one

superdave013
12-15-2001, 05:40 AM
I ran a Lenco clutch in my flattie. I was bitchin. I didn't use the air shift. I could feather it just like the clutch in a car. Made getting around the docks much eaiser. I would think a two speed would be great. I have talked to Ron Braksma about it and he liked the idea. How much to pay? Don't know but an sure you will pay more than you want to. I've got some 48% gears for you when you get it!

greg shoemaker
12-30-2001, 06:18 PM
76 Ski Hydro You didn't mention what power you are running. If you own a ski hydro with inboard steering a 2 speed might not be the right choice. Lencos are designed to enable you to run a taller gear and still have an agressive leave. This is generated by prop speed, prop speed means the tail will pop sonner and with an inboard rudder the rudder is lifed right out of the water. External steering with an offset rudder would cure this but skiability would suffer. More info. is necessay before you mak this change. Greg Shoemaker

Blowin Mud
12-30-2001, 08:37 PM
I say screw the skier. Flooor it from the start and make them hold on for dear life.