PDA

View Full Version : Ranger RZR. Wow...........

BadKachina
06-18-2007, 08:11 PM
My shop is next door to www.everythingoffroad.com . They have some really tricked Rhinos, anyhow, I just watched a bone stock RZR smoke a supercharged a/v gas burning Rhino. Those things are wicked fast.

pw_Tony
06-18-2007, 08:13 PM
You're saying a blown Rhino on av-gas got beat by an RZR huh? I better get on my BS boots:D

Make it a Double
06-18-2007, 08:15 PM
My shop is next door to www.everythingoffroad.com . They have some really tricked Rhinos, anyhow, I just watched a bone stock RZR smoke a supercharged a/v gas burning Rhino. Those things are wicked fast.
What are you doing taking a break:D

BadKachina
06-18-2007, 08:17 PM
You're saying a blown Rhino on av-gas got beat by an RZR huh? I better get on my BS boots:D
I've got no reason to lie, I don't own one and I never will. They were racing them all evening long. They only have 30 Rhinos, some for up to 40k fully tricked out. I'm saying the Polaris kicked it's ass. They had the whole store and crew out watching it. I think everyone was amazed........

BadKachina
06-18-2007, 08:19 PM
What are you doing taking a break:D
I'm worn out from San Diego.....;)
Man was the weather nice this weekend, 70's in the day, 60's at night.:rolleyes:

Hal
06-18-2007, 08:19 PM
I think he's serious, I've been hearing the same thing :D:D

Make it a Double
06-18-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm worn out from San Diego.....;)
Man was the weather nice this weekend, 70's in the day, 60's at night.:rolleyes:
The lake was warmer than that. :D
Can you get a better price from those guys. JoAnn wants some new Plastics for the Rhino

FLATS ONLY
06-18-2007, 08:25 PM
SUPER CHARGED OR TURBO RHINOS WILL WALK ON THESE PILES OF SHIIIT! IF YOU THINK RHINOS ROLL EASY WAIT TILL YOU DRIVE ONE OF THESE POLARIS PILES!!!!!:sqeyes:

BadKachina
06-18-2007, 08:28 PM
The lake was warmer than that. :D
Can you get a better price from those guys. JoAnn wants some new Plastics for the Rhino
Sure, they use my forklift all the time(cheap bastards....:D ). Anyhow they usually hook me up on all my gear.

pw_Tony
06-18-2007, 08:30 PM
SUPER CHARGED OR TURBO RHINOS WILL WALK ON THESE PILES OF SHIIIT! IF YOU THINK RHINOS ROLL EASY WAIT TILL YOU DRIVE ONE OF THESE POLARIS PILES!!!!!:sqeyes:
From what I've read The RZR passengers sit 7 inches lower in their seats than the Rhinos, so I would think that owuld make it harder to tip over. I also read the top speed of the RZR is 55mph, now I'm pretty sure a Rhino with a blower would go faster than 55mph, isn't all they need to go 55mph is a speed limiter adjustment?

23elim
06-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Flats have you dove the RZR back to back with the Rino. I hope so because your talking out of your a$$.

Brewzed
06-18-2007, 08:32 PM
I've seen a stock Polaris beat a rhino with a big bore kit. I have driven in one, accellaration is way better than the rhino, but it's definetly a roll over machine. I still prefer my rhino.

BadKachina
06-18-2007, 08:33 PM
From what I've read The RZR passengers sit 7 inches lower in their seats than the Rhinos, so I would think that owuld make it harder to tip over. I also read the top speed of the RZR is 55mph, now I'm pretty sure a Rhino with a blower would go faster than 55mph, isn't all they need to go 55mph is a speed limiter adjustment?
Our parking lot is about a city block long. The Polaris would be three or four lengths ahead of the supercharged Rhino before they would have to start slowing down. Maybe top speed the Rhino would get it?????

FLATS ONLY
06-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Flats have you dove the RZR back to back with the Rino. I hope so because your talking out of your a$$.
I hope you are an owner of rzr so you can stand in line for the parts too:D

Hal
06-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Most of the guys that I have read about that have tipped them over did it the first half hour they owned them. They are not blaming the RZR for it they blame themselves. To much power and not enough seat time. Everyone that I know that owns one loves it. Its going to take Yamaha a little while to put something together to beat it. :sleeping:

pw_Tony
06-18-2007, 08:47 PM
A little EFI and the bigger bore 686 cc might do well against the RZR. The factory 686 is way under cammed to begin with, maybe they might even through some compression higher than 9:1 into the mix. Whatevers gonna happen it's gonna be exciting to see:D

Hal
06-18-2007, 08:51 PM
There is a sleeve in the clutch on the RZR that limits the speed to 55 mph. Remove it and the speed is suppose to go up to 70 mph. Have pics if needed.

Ultrafied
06-18-2007, 09:34 PM
I hate to say it, but a stock Ranger will beat a stock Rhino, or at least the Rhinos that we have been out with. Wasn't that difficult either. Of course the Rhino is easier to mod so that it will go faster.
The RZR, with its 800 is FAST off the line. As stock, Ranger, Rhino, Cat, they really can't hold a candle to this RZR. Modified, apples to oranges, but from what I've seen, the RZR definitely held its own against the 2 Rhino's and Cat that were heavily modified.

riverbound
06-18-2007, 09:38 PM
And you have driven both?? I have and the RZR is rediculously fast in stock form. Even with supercharging and all the other mods I have seen done to rhinos, none of them actualy are that fast (except the one that has the street bike motor swap in it).
Also...why are you yelling??

FLATS ONLY
06-18-2007, 10:00 PM
And you have driven both?? I have and the RZR is rediculously fast in stock form. Even with supercharging and all the other mods I have seen done to rhinos, none of them actualy are that fast (except the one that has the street bike motor swap in it).
I HOPE YOU ARE IN LINE FOR THE PARTS THAT ARE NEEDED TO KEEP THESE PILES GOING. VISIT THE WEB SITE AND FIND OUT WHAT THE CONSUMER HAS TO SAY.MAYBE TRY SPELL CHECK ALSO!:o

FLATS ONLY
06-18-2007, 10:04 PM
THE EGG BEATER OR MIX MASTER EXPLAINS ALL!!:sleeping: :sleeping:

Outnumbered
06-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Talk all the shit you want but this article speaks for itself...
A Polaris RANGER is the first utility vehicle to win the UTV class at a SCORE [Tecate Baja 250] International event. The RANGER, piloted by Polaris Regional Sales Manager Matt Parks, made history when it crossed the finish line in six hours, 59 minutes and 20 seconds, a good 51 minutes ahead of the next UTV class finisher.
“It was a great feeling being the first UTV finisher in the Baja record book,” said Parks. “Our strategy was to race the course more than racing the other vehicles, and the RANGER did the rest by running flawlessly with no break downs.”
The UTV class at the SCORE Tecate Baja 250 consisted of five utility vehicles with only two finishing. Parks started 439 out of a total of 440 entrants and along with finishing first in class, finished 122nd overall. The RANGER race team consisted of Parks and Eric Anderson as drivers, and Ken Kilgore and Travis Wuertz as co-drivers.
The modified RANGER is the closest to stock than most of the utility vehicles running the UTV classes. Modifications include a high-volume air cleaner, FMF pipe and clutch package for additional horsepower and higher speeds. The suspension is fairly close to stock with the exception chromoly front control arms and new shocks created by Walker Evans Racing to handle the extreme conditions found in Baja races. Parks’ RANGER runs OMF/Douglas wheels with bead locks and Maxxis Bighorn tires with Slime to prevent flats. Other modifications include a 4130 Chromoly cage (mandated by SCORE), race seats with 5-point harnesses, 15-gallon fuel cell, in-dash GPS, race radio/communication system, five HID lights and a fresh air system.
Parks plans to race the Baja 500 with the RANGER in June.

Ivan Dan
06-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Talk all the shit you want but this article speaks for itself...
A Polaris RANGER is the first utility vehicle to win the UTV class at a SCORE [Tecate Baja 250] International event. The RANGER, piloted by Polaris Regional Sales Manager Matt Parks, made history when it crossed the finish line in six hours, 59 minutes and 20 seconds, a good 51 minutes ahead of the next UTV class finisher.
“It was a great feeling being the first UTV finisher in the Baja record book,” said Parks. “Our strategy was to race the course more than racing the other vehicles, and the RANGER did the rest by running flawlessly with no break downs.”
The UTV class at the SCORE Tecate Baja 250 consisted of five utility vehicles with only two finishing. Parks started 439 out of a total of 440 entrants and along with finishing first in class, finished 122nd overall. The RANGER race team consisted of Parks and Eric Anderson as drivers, and Ken Kilgore and Travis Wuertz as co-drivers.
The modified RANGER is the closest to stock than most of the utility vehicles running the UTV classes. Modifications include a high-volume air cleaner, FMF pipe and clutch package for additional horsepower and higher speeds. The suspension is fairly close to stock with the exception chromoly front control arms and new shocks created by Walker Evans Racing to handle the extreme conditions found in Baja races. Parks’ RANGER runs OMF/Douglas wheels with bead locks and Maxxis Bighorn tires with Slime to prevent flats. Other modifications include a 4130 Chromoly cage (mandated by SCORE), race seats with 5-point harnesses, 15-gallon fuel cell, in-dash GPS, race radio/communication system, five HID lights and a fresh air system.
Parks plans to race the Baja 500 with the RANGER in June.
I've heard through the grapevine from a very reliable source that this Ranger cut off about 60 miles of the course. The reason I believe it is true is because I find it VERY VERY VERY hard to believe that a Ranger averaged almost 31 mph on that course. Unless you've raced a Baja 1000 or Baja 500 you have no idea how rough and rugged these courses are.

Ivan Dan
06-18-2007, 10:55 PM
From what I've read The RZR passengers sit 7 inches lower in their seats than the Rhinos, so I would think that owuld make it harder to tip over.
The RZR is also like 8 inches narrower as well which makes is easier to tip over.

Outnumbered
06-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Why do you guys hate Polaris so much? They win the race class but they must have cheated:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Paul comes on here and just says what he saw but he must be a liar:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Whatever...Chevy/Ford, Yamaha/Polaris, yada yada
I know a bunch of people with Rangers and the only known problem has been the belt alignment issue that was a product of a bad batch of motor mounts. New motor mount and belt and you are good to go.

riverbound
06-18-2007, 11:09 PM
I HOPE YOU ARE IN LINE FOR THE PARTS THAT ARE NEEDED TO KEEP THESE PILES GOING. VISIT THE WEB SITE AND FIND OUT WHAT THE CONSUMER HAS TO SAY.MAYBE TRY SPELL CHECK ALSO!:o
to be completely honest with you, I dont need to stand in line, I can go borrow one and if it breaks I can just take it back and get another "demo" and use that one. (as a FYI I do not work for Polaris in anyway, I just know people that do ;) )
and "THE WEB SITE" with all this info is????? Please share Mr. Wealth of knowledge.
funny thing is...I heard the same thing about the Rangers when they came out...and to date the biggest issue I know of for them are the belts......they offer a "heavy duty" belt for them and I know plenty of people that have had no problems since.
what fuels your hatred for these things anyways???? You seem to be all up in arms calling them junk etc.... but until they are out for a littlewhile it would be dificult to get a fair assesmant.
Using spell check would slow down my posting time and ultimatley have a disasterous affect on my post count, therefor I chose not to use it. Plus Im pretty sure you were able to decipher what I was throwing down.;)

76ANTHONY
06-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Why do you guys hate Polaris so much? They win the race class but they must have cheated:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Paul comes on here and just says what he saw but he must be a liar:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I know a bunch of people with Rangers and the only known problem has been the belt alignment issue that was a product of a bad batch of motor mounts. New motor mount and belt and you are good to go.
you forgot jet vs prop:D

76ANTHONY
06-18-2007, 11:14 PM
to be completely honest with you, I dont need to stand in line, I can go borrow one and if it breaks I can just take it back and get another "demo" and use that one. (as a FYI I do not work for Polaris in anyway, I just know people that do ;) )
and "THE WEB SITE" with all this info is????? Please share Mr. Wealth of knowledge.
funny thing is...I heard the same thing about the Rangers when they came out...and to date the biggest issue I know of for them are the belts......they offer a "heavy duty" belt for them and I know plenty of people that have had no problems since.
what fuels your hatred for these things anyways???? You seem to be all up in arms calling them junk etc.... but until they are out for a littlewhile it would be dificult to get a fair assesmant.
Using spell check would slow down my posting time and ultimatley have a disasterous affect on my post count, therefor I chose not to use it. Plus Im pretty sure you were able to decipher what I was throwing down.;)
fricken baller, you have all the dam toys, richman, vacationman:D

riverbound
THE EGG BEATER OR MIX MASTER EXPLAINS ALL!!:sleeping: :sleeping:
Please dont forget the alien that is chasing me...that has to account for something;)
:D so if'n I was a flats only type of guy I would be more acceptable to you??
As an FYI....mr knowledge, I have owned/driven pretty much every type of boat available and my egg beater/mix master suits my current needs perfectly....of course my next boat will not be too shabby either, but will not be a flatty....sorry to say as a kid that grew up in them, days that you can run one are few and far between. and I prefer a boat I can actually use on any given weekend...not just a trailer queen ;)

Outnumbered
you forgot jet vs prop:D
We all know jets suck so we don't need to go there:D

76ANTHONY
06-18-2007, 11:15 PM
We all know jets suck so we don't need to go there:D
dooooh, now ya sound like jordy:eek: :D :D

riverbound
06-18-2007, 11:15 PM
fricken baller, you have all the dam toys, richman, vacationman:D
just a broke white guy trying to make a living.......I dont have many toys....but acces to pretty much anything I want at any given time.
** I guess even though I cant spell for shit, I must be fortunate somehow** ;)

mxbundy
06-18-2007, 11:16 PM
I've heard through the grapevine from a very reliable source that this Ranger cut off about 60 miles of the course. The reason I believe it is true is because I find it VERY VERY VERY hard to believe that a Ranger averaged almost 31 mph on that course. Unless you've raced a Baja 1000 or Baja 500 you have no idea how rough and rugged these courses are.
And was this was confirmed by the GPS TRACKER that is required to be affixed to all race vehicles? :idea:

riverbound
06-18-2007, 11:19 PM
And was this was confirmed by the GPS TRACKER that is required to be affixed to all race vehicles? :idea:
dont be bringing facts into this...its much more fun to make stuff up and form conspiracy theories ;) :D

76ANTHONY
06-18-2007, 11:19 PM
just a broke white guy trying to make a living.......I dont have many toys....but acces to pretty much anything I want at any given time.
** I guess even though I cant spell for shit, I must be fortunate somehow** ;)
im not buyin it baller.....:D hell you hang out with rd and badblown:D

riverbound
06-18-2007, 11:23 PM
im not buyin it baller.....:D hell you hang out with rd and badblown:D
Only because they have houses and cool boats at the river....according to Fags only....oops I meant Flats only, my boat aint shit. I guess owning boats that can pretty much only run in flat to clam water makes one some sort of genius:rolleyes: oh and dont forget all the noise that LEO are so fond of, that makes it a REAL boat:D

76ANTHONY
06-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Only because they have houses and cool boats at the river....according to Fags only....oops I meant Flats only, my boat aint shit. I guess owning boats that can pretty much only run in flat to clam water makes one some sort of genius:rolleyes: oh and dont forget all the noise that LEO are so fond of, that makes it a REAL boat:D
thats it, im making my boat quiet....:D but i can never buy one a dem boats you got, i couldnt handle the woman that thing pulls in for ya:jawdrop: :D

Ivan Dan
06-18-2007, 11:27 PM
If you've been involved at all in the SCORE Baja races you know the Rally Trackers are a complete joke. I was riding in our Class 7 truck in the 2005 Baja 1000 when a competitor in our class flew by us on the highway doing 80+ mph when it is VERY well known that if you go over 60mph on the highway sections you are supposedly DQ'd. I call my team on the radio and told them and they called it into SCORE and nothing came of it. Did we protest? NO we aren't poor sports and we ended up winning the Class 7 Championship so we really didn't care all that much. This just proves that the Rally Trackers are a total joke.

riverbound
06-18-2007, 11:29 PM
thats it, im making my boat quiet....:D but i can never buy one a dem boats you got, i couldnt handle the woman that thing pulls in for ya:jawdrop: :D
wait until I order my next one (DCM w/ DCP) :D

Ivan Dan
06-18-2007, 11:30 PM
dont be bringing facts into this...its much more fun to make stuff up and form conspiracy theories ;) :D
This is definitely a rumor but seriously what do I have to gain by telling you guys this????? I could give a flying f*ck if the dude cheated but the bottom line is he averaged almost 31 mph which is extremely hard to believe IMO.

riverbound
If you've been involved at all in the SCORE Baja races you know the Rally Trackers are a complete joke. I was riding in our Class 7 truck in the 2005 Baja 1000 when a competitor in our class flew by us on the highway doing 80+ mph when it is VERY well known that if you go over 60mph on the highway sections you are supposedly DQ'd. I call my team on the radio and told them and they called it into SCORE and nothing came of it. Did we protest? NO we aren't poor sports and we ended up winning the Class 7 Championship so we really didn't care all that much. This just proves that the Rally Trackers are a total joke.
there you go bringing facts into this again....what fun is that?? ;) :D

76ANTHONY
wait until I order my next one (DCM w/ DCP) :D
focker i knew you'd get one a dos badazz boats, when im a baller thats what i want..i want that dam first one too.....:eek: :mad: :D

76ANTHONY
06-18-2007, 11:31 PM
This is definitely a rumor but seriously what do I have to gain by telling you guys this????? I could give a flying f*ck if the dude cheated but the bottom line is he averaged almost 31 mph which is extremely hard to believe IMO.
hey thats my average driving speed:D

riverbound
06-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Im thinking he had special flux capacitative shocks and sealed muffler bearings that gave him an unfair advantage ;) :D

riverbound
06-18-2007, 11:32 PM
focker i knew you'd get one a dos badazz boats, when im a baller thats what i want..i want that dam first one too.....:eek: :mad: :D
It will be a while...the Mix master has to sell first :D

76ANTHONY
06-18-2007, 11:33 PM
It will be a while...the Mix master has to sell first :D
yeah that autta be a real issue:rolleyes: :D

mxbundy
06-18-2007, 11:36 PM
I have raced in Baja and the rally trackers do work, several teams were penalized in this years 250 and 500, some for several speed infractions.
I would hope that with a history making finish like this that they would have checked the data feed from the tracker. But who knows?

riverbound
06-18-2007, 11:38 PM
yeah that autta be a real issue:rolleyes: :D
had a buyer about a month ago, but I wasnt ready to sell it. now I am so waiting for the next one to come along and take the mixmaster off my hands :rolleyes: :D

Ivan Dan
06-18-2007, 11:39 PM
No hatred at all but when you have to cheat to win and then put out an article like above and brag about it kinda cracks me up. Then guys like you read the article and believe it like its the bible. You read it in a magazine so every word has to be true right? :devil: :) :D
The original post was about the RZR which I personally think is fugly but seems to perform fairly well so far. I think the RZR with a long travel kit to widen it out will be a pretty killer combo atleast until the new 800cc injected Yamaha Rhino comes out.:D

76ANTHONY
06-18-2007, 11:41 PM
No hatred at all but when you have to cheat to win and then put out an article like above and brag about it kinda cracks me up. Then guys like you read the article and believe it like its the bible. You read it in a magazine so every word has to be true right? :devil: :) :D
The original post was about the RZR which I personally think is fugly but seems to perform fairly well so far. I think the RZR with a long travel kit to widen it out will be a pretty killer combo atleast until the new 800cc injected Yamaha Rhino comes out.:D
so what your saying is, if its on the internet doesnt mean its true, man your ruining this forum thing for me man:eek: :D

riverbound
06-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Next you are going to tell me everything I read on ***boat isnt true :jawdrop: :D
I agree with you for the most part on the looks etc...., but hasnt the rumors of a monster rhino been out there for a while, and they still have not made one? so as of now if one was in the market for he fastest stock UTV...what would be the best choice?

Ivan Dan
06-18-2007, 11:43 PM
I have raced in Baja and the rally trackers do work, several teams were penalized in this years 250 and 500, some for several speed infractions.
I would hope that with a history making finish like this that they would have checked the data feed from the tracker. But who knows?
My experiences haven't been too good with the trackers so far. But I heard through the grapevine that the Ranger just came out of nowhere and cut somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-60 miles off the course.
Lets put it this way...I would be VERY VERY impressed if a pretty much stock Polaris Ranger averaged almost 31 mph on a Baja course when the thing probably only does 55 mph tops in the dirt.

Ivan Dan
06-18-2007, 11:44 PM
so what your saying is, if its on the internet doesnt mean its true, man your ruining this forum thing for me man:eek: :D
:D

Ivan Dan
06-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Next you are going to tell me everything I read on ***boat isnt true :jawdrop: :D
I agree with you for the most part on the looks etc...., but hasnt the rumors of a monster rhino been out there for a while, and they still have not made one? so as of now if one was in the market for he fastest stock UTV...what would be the best choice?
YA at this particular moment I would say the RZR is the fastest stock SxS available. But there are some big changes coming in the SxS market which I think it great for the consumers. The only bad thing (atleast for current Rhino owners) is that the market for the 660 Rhino's is gonna take a major dump in the next year.

riverbound
06-18-2007, 11:56 PM
YA at this particular moment I would say the RZR is the fastest stock SxS available. But there are some big changes coming in the SxS market which I think it great for the consumers. The only bad thing (atleast for current Rhino owners) is that the market for the 660 Rhino's is gonna take a major dump in the next year.
Good for me, I want to pick up one of the blinged out 660's cheap :D and you know in the race to keep up with the Jones' around here. there will be plenty on the chopping block :D

Ivan Dan
06-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Good for me, I want to pick up one of the blinged out 660's cheap :D and you know in the race to keep up with the Jones' around here. there will be plenty on the chopping block :D
Have you looked at GD.com lately? There are like 25+ Rhino's for sale already. There are a few KILLER deals on some used ones right now.

riverbound
06-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Have you looked at GD.com lately? There are like 25+ Rhino's for sale already. There are a few KILLER deals on some used ones right now.
Havent been over there in a while.....:idea:

76ANTHONY
06-19-2007, 12:42 AM
dude, pleaseeee, stop. next thing you know your gonna say those dreaded words, rhinos where a phase:eek: :D

riverbound
06-19-2007, 01:55 AM
Went over there... I think people are still a a little crazy on what these things are worth :jawdrop: Just because you were a sucker and bought one when they were at the peak of the market and then dumped a boat load of money into doesnt mean that you will get your money back out of it.....I will keep waiting and watch ;)

djunkie
06-19-2007, 02:24 AM
Oh ya, well my dick is bigger than all of yours!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :D :D
Well heres my .02 on all this, like it really matters. The RZR seems to be a sweet little machine. Fast, nimble, but in all honesty, I think its the ugliest side by side on the market. And looks go a long way. If I wanted a fast machine I wouldn't have bought a Rhino. Sure the RZR will kick its ass but so will any rail out on the market. So for now I'll just keep cruising my slow YAMAHA Rhino and enjoying it. As long as it gets me where ever I want I could care less.

76ANTHONY
06-19-2007, 03:37 AM
Well heres my .02 on all this, like it really matters. The RZR seems to be a sweet little machine. Fast, nimble, but in all honesty, I think its the ugliest side by side on the market. And looks go a long way. If I wanted a fast machine I wouldn't have bought a Rhino. Sure the RZR will kick its ass but so will any rail out on the market. So for now I'll just keep cruising my slow YAMAHA Rhino and enjoying it. As long as it gets me where ever I want I could care less.
liar liar pants on fire, boogerheaded buttface:jawdrop: :D :D :D

2Driver
06-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Quit spamming for your neighbor and get back under an engine cover where you belong :D
I saw one for the 1st time yesterday. Amazed how small and squatty it was.

Jordy
06-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Quit spamming for your neighbor and get back under an engine cover where you belong :D
No kidding, he's cutting into my commissions!!! :mad: :D :) :D

Baja Big Dog
06-19-2007, 08:38 AM
TRANSLATION:
I jumped on the band wagon, and had to keep up with the Jones'. Ive got 15 plus grand tied up on my Rhino, that's now worth 10 grand because the craze is dying, and I wouldn't drive a Ford.

bohica
06-19-2007, 08:54 AM
I saw 2 Rzr's fold up like a toy at the first CORR race in Lancaster. No doubt they're fast with the 800cc motor, but it's gonna take a bunch of mods to amke it truly race or desert worthy. Saw this pic on another site, funnier than shiat.:D
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q108/mr_offroad/brokeback-poster.jpg

2Driver
06-19-2007, 09:03 AM
That's funny. :D :D :D
"Razor for that easy reach around"

AZJD
06-19-2007, 09:54 AM
What the hell did you start Paul?
It's just like the old Ford vs. Chevy debate!

djunkie
06-19-2007, 10:01 AM
TRANSLATION:
I jumped on the band wagon, and had to keep up with the Jones'. Ive got 15 plus grand tied up on my Rhino, that's now worth 10 grand because the craze is dying, and I wouldn't drive a Ford.
Your totally wrong. We've had more fun in that Rhino going on rides than any other toy I've ever owned. And that includes the boat.

Baja Big Dog
06-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Your totally wrong. We've had more fun in that Rhino going on rides than any other toy I've ever owned. And that includes the boat.
OK but will at least drive a Ford!!!:D

djunkie
06-19-2007, 12:53 PM
OK but will at least drive a Ford!!!:D
Believe it or not, as much as I hate Ford I have a '90 Ranger as my daily driver. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D

revndave
06-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Rhinos suck!!:D

Magic34
06-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Something is wrong with the way that Rhino is set up then. Their clutch must suck.
I have heard the the RZR is the shiat, but a S/C Rhino set up right flats gets it!

2Driver
06-19-2007, 01:44 PM
a S/C Rhino set up right flats gets it!
True, but only while the engine stays together.
;)

Dream Chaser
06-19-2007, 02:37 PM
2008 KAWASAKI TERYX™ 750 4x4 / TERYX™ 750 4x4 LE FEATURES & SPECS
Features and Benefits
At a glance…
- First in class with a V-twin
- Sport performance with gas-charged rear shocks with reservoirs
- 26-inch Maxxis tires
- Sealed rear wet brake
- Ample 500-pound capacity cargo bed
Engine
- The 90-degree 749cc V-twin engine is the largest, most powerful engine in its class
- Positioned mid-ship for optimum front/rear balance – good for power slides and cornering control
- Straight intake tracts and 34mm downdraft carburetors enhance power delivery throughout the rpm range
- Radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for better protection against mud and debris
- Ducts located by the cargo bed direct cooling air to the engine
- Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion
- Engine can be started in any gear when the rear brake is applied
- Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the RSV when traversing steep down hills
Transmission/Selectable Four-wheel-drive
- CVT features high and low ranges, plus reverse
- Combined with the engine power characteristics, provides instantaneous acceleration
- Rider can select two- or four-wheel-drive operation by pressing a button located on the dash
- Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits rider to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction via a hand lever
- Rear wheels are locked and always turning together for cornering control
Chassis
- Large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame
- Only RSV with integrated occupant protection
- First with sport performance-focused suspension – low-speed comfort not a main design priority
- Wide track provides excellent stability and chassis has 11.2 inches of ground clearance
- Long dual front A-arm suspension and narrow frame concept provides 7.5 inches of travel and features adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks
- Independent rear suspension provides the best balance of rider comfort and handling at high speeds, and adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks with reservoirs provides 7.25 inches of travel
- Chassis offers the right balance of bump absorption while limiting understeer
- Able to tackle corners in either a drift or grip style and operate beyond the limits of its rivals
Brakes
- Dual front 200mm disc brakes with two-piston 27mm calipers and Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system provide maximum stopping power in all conditions
- Front discs are recessed in wheels for protection from debris
Tires/Wheels
- Good rough terrain performance and obstacle clearance with 26-inch Maxxis tires specially built for the Teryx 750 4x4
- Tread design enables both controlled sliding and forward traction
Bodywork/Ergonomics
- Bucket seats with retractable three-point seat belts
- Foot guards designed into the floor and body
- Padded steering wheel positioned low for better control
- Body work is made of high-gloss scratch resistant Thermo-Plastic Olefin
- Steel floor boards and engine guards for maximum protection
- Dual 40W headlights and dual taillights
- Cargo bed has 500 lb capacity, tie down hooks in all four corners and cargo net standard
TERYX 750 4x4 LE additional features
- Digital Meter
- Dual retractable cup holders
- Hard top
- Half-Windshield
- Tilting cargo bed with gas assist
-------------------------------
SPECIFICATIONS
Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin
Valve system: SOHC, four valves per cylinder
Displacement: 749cc
Starting system: Electric
Bore x stroke: 85 x 66mm
Compression ratio: 8.8:1
Carburetion: (2) Keihin CVKR-34
Ignition: Digital DC-CDI
Transmission: Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
Final drive: Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
Frame: Large diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel
Front suspension / wheel travel: Adjustable dual A-arm with gas charged shocks / 7.5 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Adjustable Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with gas charged, reservoir shocks / 7.3 in.
Front tires: Maxxis 26x8-12
Rear tires: Maxxis 26x10-12
Front brakes: Dual hydraulic discs with 2-piston calipers
Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
Overall length: 115.7 in.
Overall width: 58.3 in.
Overall height: 75.4 in.
Wheelbase: 75.8 in.
Ground clearance: 11.2 in.
Lighting: (2) 40W headlights, (2) TK W taillight, TKW stoplight
Cargo bed capacity: 500 lbs, 44.1 W x 32.7 L x 12 in. H
Towing capacity: 1300 lbs
Dry weight: TBD
Fuel capacity: 8.0 gal.
Instruments: R/N/P/4WD indicators, water temp and oil pressure lamps, digital meter (LE only)
Standard Colors: Sunbeam Red, Woodsman Green, REALTREE™ Hardwoods Green® HD
http://www.kawasaki.com/NewsEvents/NewsDetail.aspx?id=545

2Driver
06-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Carburetor....why? :rolleyes:

RiverRatMike
06-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Polaris Suck! That thing will only last a short time before it's in the shop!

RiverRatMike
06-19-2007, 04:18 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33415&stc=1&d=1182298708

JMC
06-19-2007, 05:09 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g152/JMC_711/LiftedRZR.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g152/JMC_711/RZRlifted2.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g152/JMC_711/rzrrcf.jpg
Artic Cat is also releasing a 950 V twin Quad this fall. Its hard to believe that we will be seeing 1000 cc toys.
http://arcticcat.com/atv/vehicle.asp?id=870

rivrrts429
06-19-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/products/modelhead2head/487/0/head2head.aspx
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Ranger/Models2007/4x4EFI/Competitive+Comparison.htm
You compare - I'll stick with my Ranger. The only draw back I have experienced with the Ranger is when I blew a belt. I thought the rear end fell off it was so loud. It happened in Ocotillo, but since I fixed the defect I havent had anymore problems. I like the on demand 4wd, especially in Glamis. Most of my friends have Rhino's and they thought I was crazy to get a Ranger. They definitely have respect for my Ranger, but they won't come on here and admit it:D
Have you seen the new Toyota Tundra on 40's:D :D

Magic34
06-19-2007, 05:47 PM
2008 KAWASAKI TERYX™ 750 4x4 / TERYX™ 750 4x4 LE FEATURES & SPECS
Features and Benefits
At a glance…
- First in class with a V-twin
- Sport performance with gas-charged rear shocks with reservoirs
- 26-inch Maxxis tires
- Sealed rear wet brake
- Ample 500-pound capacity cargo bed
Engine
- The 90-degree 749cc V-twin engine is the largest, most powerful engine in its class
- Positioned mid-ship for optimum front/rear balance – good for power slides and cornering control
- Straight intake tracts and 34mm downdraft carburetors enhance power delivery throughout the rpm range
- Radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for better protection against mud and debris
- Ducts located by the cargo bed direct cooling air to the engine
- Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion
- Engine can be started in any gear when the rear brake is applied
- Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the RSV when traversing steep down hills
Transmission/Selectable Four-wheel-drive
- CVT features high and low ranges, plus reverse
- Combined with the engine power characteristics, provides instantaneous acceleration
- Rider can select two- or four-wheel-drive operation by pressing a button located on the dash
- Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits rider to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction via a hand lever
- Rear wheels are locked and always turning together for cornering control
Chassis
- Large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame
- Only RSV with integrated occupant protection
- First with sport performance-focused suspension – low-speed comfort not a main design priority
- Wide track provides excellent stability and chassis has 11.2 inches of ground clearance
- Long dual front A-arm suspension and narrow frame concept provides 7.5 inches of travel and features adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks
- Independent rear suspension provides the best balance of rider comfort and handling at high speeds, and adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks with reservoirs provides 7.25 inches of travel
- Chassis offers the right balance of bump absorption while limiting understeer
- Able to tackle corners in either a drift or grip style and operate beyond the limits of its rivals
Brakes
- Dual front 200mm disc brakes with two-piston 27mm calipers and Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system provide maximum stopping power in all conditions
- Front discs are recessed in wheels for protection from debris
Tires/Wheels
- Good rough terrain performance and obstacle clearance with 26-inch Maxxis tires specially built for the Teryx 750 4x4
- Tread design enables both controlled sliding and forward traction
Bodywork/Ergonomics
- Bucket seats with retractable three-point seat belts
- Foot guards designed into the floor and body
- Padded steering wheel positioned low for better control
- Body work is made of high-gloss scratch resistant Thermo-Plastic Olefin
- Steel floor boards and engine guards for maximum protection
- Dual 40W headlights and dual taillights
- Cargo bed has 500 lb capacity, tie down hooks in all four corners and cargo net standard
TERYX 750 4x4 LE additional features
- Digital Meter
- Dual retractable cup holders
- Hard top
- Half-Windshield
- Tilting cargo bed with gas assist
-------------------------------
SPECIFICATIONS
Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin
Valve system: SOHC, four valves per cylinder
Displacement: 749cc
Starting system: Electric
Bore x stroke: 85 x 66mm
Compression ratio: 8.8:1
Carburetion: (2) Keihin CVKR-34
Ignition: Digital DC-CDI
Transmission: Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
Final drive: Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
Frame: Large diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel
Front suspension / wheel travel: Adjustable dual A-arm with gas charged shocks / 7.5 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Adjustable Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with gas charged, reservoir shocks / 7.3 in.
Front tires: Maxxis 26x8-12
Rear tires: Maxxis 26x10-12
Front brakes: Dual hydraulic discs with 2-piston calipers
Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
Overall length: 115.7 in.
Overall width: 58.3 in.
Overall height: 75.4 in.
Wheelbase: 75.8 in.
Ground clearance: 11.2 in.
Lighting: (2) 40W headlights, (2) TK W taillight, TKW stoplight
Cargo bed capacity: 500 lbs, 44.1 W x 32.7 L x 12 in. H
Towing capacity: 1300 lbs
Dry weight: TBD
Fuel capacity: 8.0 gal.
Instruments: R/N/P/4WD indicators, water temp and oil pressure lamps, digital meter (LE only)
Standard Colors: Sunbeam Red, Woodsman Green, REALTREE™ Hardwoods Green® HD
http://www.kawasaki.com/NewsEvents/NewsDetail.aspx?id=545
v-twin should be cool.

Phat Matt
06-19-2007, 06:00 PM
I just took my cousin to Chaparral to pick up a new Silver XP. :)

JMC
06-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Check this guy out in his Ranger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4cGjVpx5A

BadKachina
06-19-2007, 06:25 PM
What the hell did you start Paul?
It's just like the old Ford vs. Chevy debate!
:eek: no shit.
At least it passes the time while I'm boatless........:(

rivrrts429
06-19-2007, 06:27 PM
I think this part
did it:D

SK48
06-19-2007, 07:18 PM
I have five Yahama's, and it's not like you would call them a real quality product. I have had much better luck with other brands. :confused:

rivrrts429
06-19-2007, 07:35 PM
I end up towing everybody elses broken stuff back to camp...Oh ya and mine has a warranty:D :D

Wmc
06-19-2007, 07:36 PM
:D :D http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2683IMG_2181.JPG

Phat Daddy
06-19-2007, 08:39 PM
What does it matter??? You get what you like and run it till it brakes. They're all going to have pros and cons when it comes to the ride, style, performance, etc. It sure would be a boring place if we all drove the same thing.;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Ivan Dan
06-19-2007, 08:41 PM
What does it matter??? You get what you like and run it till it brakes. They're all going to have pros and cons when it comes to the ride, style, performance, etc. It sure would be a boring place if we all drove the same thing.;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
Coming from a guy that drives a Yamaha Rhino! :D :) :D

Phat Daddy
06-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Coming from a guy that drives a Yamaha Rhino! :D :) :D
Hey, I didn't want anyone knowing that.:D :D :D

robertm
06-19-2007, 08:51 PM
I have a race rhino that weighs 1700 pounds full of fuel and ready to go with a 797cc stroker naturally aspirated that runs side by side with my RZR in a drag race until the RZR hits the rev limiter. the RZRs are fast, do about 55 mph stock before it taps off the rev limiter. My race rhino taps out at 63 on gps.

Ivan Dan
06-19-2007, 09:14 PM
I have a race rhino that weighs 1700 pounds full of fuel and ready to go with a 797cc stroker naturally aspirated that runs side by side with my RZR in a drag race until the RZR hits the rev limiter. the RZRs are fast, do about 55 mph stock before it taps off the rev limiter. My race rhino taps out at 63 on gps.
I've seen 60 on my digi dash (not sure how accurate that is) with a 660. BUT I guarantee mine doesn't weigh anywhere near 1700 lbs though.

Baja Big Dog
06-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Wonder how many Rhino guys will secretly be selling them to buy the Razor????:confused:

riverbound
06-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Wonder how many Rhino guys will secretly be selling them to buy the Razor????:confused:
In all reality I think MOSt rhino owners use them as people haulers (back seats, etc...) and from looking at the RZR. I dont think that is very likely.

JMC
06-19-2007, 10:01 PM
In all reality I think MOSt rhino owners use them as people haulers (back seats, etc...) and from looking at the RZR. I dont think that is very likely.
I agree. I think the Rhino is a great dual purpose machine. I would say it is in between the Ranger and RZR. The RZR is very cool and a quick CDI change will put the speed in the upper 60's I'm guessing. I like the RZR but in stock form it sits too low for around here. A shallow creek crossing and you would have a wet ass. I'm looking forward to see what Yamaha comes out with this summer. Its time they step up and offer a twin cylinder like everyone else, but I would imagine they stick the 700 single in the Rhino for this year.

RiverRatMike
06-20-2007, 05:08 AM
I have five Yahama's, and it's not like you would call them a real quality product. I have had much better luck with other brands. :confused:
I have 6 Yamaha's and they are very very well made products. The best out there! Some of my Yami's I've had are over 20 years and still run like new. I've had Honda's Polairis and Bombardier in the past and have been very poorly designed products!

RiverRatMike
06-20-2007, 05:09 AM
:D :D http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2683IMG_2181.JPG
seen a few peeps riding around Havasu in these weird looking Poloaris Rangers. Everytime I see them I laugh thinking it reminds me how it looks like they are driving a bus.

rivrrts429
06-20-2007, 06:08 AM
I refer to mine as a suburban:D

JMC
06-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Here is a good vid. of a guy trashing his new RZR. Looks pretty capable for a stock machine.
http://atvphotos.ca/gregquads/bobs_rzr_stave_compilation.wmv

JMC
06-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I have 6 Yamaha's and they are very very well made products. The best out there! Some of my Yami's I've had are over 20 years and still run like new. I've had Honda's Polairis and Bombardier in the past and have been very poorly designed products!
Please. Yamaha is the only thing you will find in my garage right now but to say they are elite is silly.

Ivan Dan
06-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Here is a good vid. of a guy trashing his new RZR. Looks pretty capable for a stock machine.
http://atvphotos.ca/gregquads/bobs_rzr_stave_compilation.wmv
That thing sounds like a damn weed whacker!

Phat Daddy
06-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Same here, just sold a Honda I had for 19 years and it started first time, everytime!!! I have always owned Honda and never had one problem. I did have a yz80 years ago that was a runner. I have a Rhino now but would love to see Honda throw their hat in the mix (which will probably never happen) with all the new stuff thats coming out.:) :) :) :)

Phat Daddy
06-20-2007, 02:48 PM
That thing sounds like a damn weed whacker!
Sounds like crap, looks like fun!!!:D :D :D

Ivan Dan
06-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Sounds like crap, looks like fun!!!:D :D :D
Hey...I've been trying to get you fockers together to go for a ride but thats like herding cats. :D

Phat Daddy
06-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Hey...I've been trying to get you fockers together to go for a ride but thats like herding cats. :D
I don't know what your buddy's excuse is but I got 3 kids, 2 dogs and a business to run.:D :D :D

Wmc
06-20-2007, 04:57 PM
seen a few peeps riding around Havasu in these weird looking Poloaris Rangers. Everytime I see them I laugh thinking it reminds me how it looks like they are driving a bus.
I'm in Parker and I see your in Parker some of the times. lets go to the dirt so I can BUS all over your Rhino:mad: . (Mr. my 10 rhinos are the best):jawdrop: . BTW I stay at Riverland and the dirt is right across the street and after it's all over with we can sit down and have a beer :D

rivrrts429
06-20-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm in Parker and I see your in Parker some of the times. lets go to the dirt so I can BUS all over your Rhino:mad: . (Mr. my 10 rhinos are the best):jawdrop: . BTW I stay at Riverland and the dirt is right across the street and after it's all over with we can sit down and have a beer :D
I'll run my Suburban:D up there one of these weekends, I'm not from ya, I'm in Big River

Ivan Dan
06-20-2007, 05:13 PM
I don't know what your buddy's excuse is but I got 3 kids, 2 dogs and a business to run.:D :D :D
http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/blah.gif http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/burnout.gifhttp://www.riverratlife.com/forum/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Wmc
06-20-2007, 05:41 PM
I'll run my Suburban:D up there one of these weekends, I'm not from ya, I'm in Big Riverjust 5 miles from the stop sign
Let me know I'm out there all the time. If I'm not on the water
I saw your in town at pizza hut parking lot. looks like a Surburban for sure

Ivan Dan
06-20-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm your Huckleberry!!!! :D All your BUS will see is my dust! :D :) :D

Wmc
06-20-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm your Huckleberry!!!! :D All your BUS will see is my dust! :D :) :D
as long as were sitting down having a beer after the dust settle that good with me. (So bring it):sqeyes:

Phat Matt
06-20-2007, 07:37 PM
I just made a couple of laps around the block in a new XP and parked it in my garage. I even took the neighbor for a spin.

rivrrts429
06-20-2007, 07:53 PM
I just made a couple of laps around the block in a new XP and parked it in my garage. I even took the neighbor for a spin.
Phat Matt - Welcome with the XP, be sure not to tell any yamaha people about your new toy. You may possibly be deamed a fool for buying the hardest working, smoothest riding "BUS":eek: :D

rivrrts429
06-20-2007, 07:55 PM
just 5 miles from the stop sign
Let me know I'm out there all the time. If I'm not on the water
I saw your in town at pizza hut parking lot. looks like a Surburban for sure
I'm up there most weekends, been most everywhere towards the south but really nothing up towards you. I keep it up there in the summer. I'll PM you one of these weekends, try up your way and drink a couple of your beers:)

Phat Matt
06-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Phat Matt - Welcome with the XP, be sure not to tell any yamaha people about your new toy. You may possibly be deamed a fool for buying the hardest working, smoothest riding "BUS":eek: :D
It's not mine. It's my cousins. I just hooked him up at Chaparral and we are taking it out and my YZ450 for an extended weekend this weekend. I can't wait to get deep in the mountains of Utah. We are going to ride up to some lakes and spend the night to go catch some monster brook trout.
I have driven the XP's before and they are very capable and quite smooth riding out of the box. :)

rivrrts429
06-20-2007, 08:05 PM
It's not mine. It's my cousins. I just hooked him up at Chaparral and we are taking it out and my YZ450 for an extended weekend this weekend. I can't wait to get deep in the mountains of Utah. We are going to ride up to some lakes and spend the night to go catch some monster brook trout.
I have driven the XP's before and they are very capable and quite smooth riding out of the box. :)
I'm very happy with mine and get lots of compliments. I've always been able to go where a Rhino could, I just happen to seat more people. On the other hand a Rhino has always been able to go where I've gone too. Doesnt really make a difference which one I have. I laugh my ass off in both so I can't tell a difference. Have a good time and be safe, sounds like tons of fun!! One hell of a way to break in the new XP

Wmc
06-20-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm up there most weekends, been most everywhere towards the south but really nothing up towards you. I keep it up there in the summer. I'll PM you one of these weekends, try up your way and drink a couple of your beers:)
anytime

Ivan Dan
06-20-2007, 10:27 PM
as long as were sitting down having a beer after the dust settle that good with me. (So bring it):sqeyes:
And plenty before too! Ask Brandin about our last night ride out there. :D