PDA

View Full Version : Boat radio question

Water Romper
06-19-2007, 04:51 AM
Hey gang,
I need adviceÂ….
My radio/CD player was installed in the “dash” of my boat…yeah I know, not a good move but what’s done is done:( Here’s the deal, every two years or so I need to replace the player due to water etc…the player is NOT in any kind of enclosure, I have looked at the radio covers on the market and they look like big bubbles, not real appealing in my opinion. Especially in a small boat.
Is there something new out there that may be a good fit for my lil’ 18 footer? I like the idea of a radio “cover” but maybe a bit more “sleek” or modern looking…
If I relocate the radio under the bow, by the cup holder, driver side, it would leave a ugly square hole in the dashÂ…Patching the hole would look terrible.
WR

OnlyMoney
06-19-2007, 05:29 AM
You know, Clarion makes a great marine head unit that you can run a hose on...at least that's what they do in the advertisements. Talk to your local stereo shop and ask about marine grade stereos....I'm sure there are other manufacturers that sell them too. You won't need the cover at all.
Good luck.

voodoomedman
06-19-2007, 05:36 AM
If nothing else works and you want to relocate it then how about putting a door on the hole and making it into a glove box and then you can relocate the stereo wherever you want.

Cigalert
06-19-2007, 05:51 AM
Or you could leave the broken stereo in the dash to frustrate theives and drunks.