PDA

View Full Version : Noise tickets?

BrendellaJet
06-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Anybody receive a noise ticket lately? How much is the fine in CA? AZ?
EDIT: Im concerned with exhaust noise FYI.

Quest4Fun
06-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Anybody receive a noise ticket lately? How much is the fine in CA? AZ?
Sounds like you have plans for making lots of noise! :D :D

BBGetOn
06-20-2007, 09:26 AM
In Cali, it depends on if you're in an incorporated area or unincorporated. We had a b-day party for a friend in an unincorporated area and received a fine of $1,801. No warning, nothing, just thank you occifer! Needless to say....hope the b-day boy had a great night! :)

BrendellaJet
06-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Sounds like you have plans for making lots of noise! :D :D
just a little...:D
My water injection isn't ready yet(need to make the lines...) and I dont really want to run baffles. Come to think of it I dont want to run water either. Out at the river I think ill be okay, but if Im on elsinore Im a little worried I'll get busted. If the tickets are too much then i might as well suck it up & spend the money on the baffles.

BrendellaJet
06-20-2007, 09:30 AM
In Cali, it depends on if you're in an incorporated area or unincorporated. We had a b-day party for a friend in an unincorporated area and received a fine of $1,801. No warning, nothing, just thank you occifer! Needless to say....hope the b-day boy had a great night! :)
Im talking like on a boat, sorry, should have clarified.

BBGetOn
06-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Im talking like on a boat, sorry, should have clarified.
Oops! Sorry, can't help you there, we've never got one of those.

purrfecttremor
06-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Isn't this a boating site:D

HM
06-20-2007, 10:29 AM
but if Im on elsinore Im a little worried I'll get busted. If the tickets are too much then i might as well suck it up & spend the money on the baffles.
Elsinore is cracking down on exhaust noise. If you are planning on running dry headers, don't go out Fri - Sun....pretty much a guaranteed ticket now. And, the water patrol will soon be on the water 7 days a week for the summer. My buddy is a cop in Elsinore and he got all excited about doing water patrol as it is all overtime detail, but he got depressed when he saw what they expected him to do when it came to writing tickets - he said he is expected to harass as many boaters as possible (his interpretation as a cop who owns a boat).

MADDOG355
06-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Isn't this a boating site:D
No this site is for drama and drama only,
Dont get cought talking about boats or bringing up facts here.:D :D

HM
06-20-2007, 10:37 AM
No this site is for drama and drama only,
Dont get cought talking about boats or bringing up facts here.:D :D
The drama only seems to bother the drama queens. They typically leave and go to the infamous "no drama" sites. The way they control drama is if you disagree, you get banned.
***boat is the wild west of forums...if you can't hang here, it is your own fault. :D

Boatcop
06-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Noise isn't the only issue. All boats are required to have muffling devices installed, in working order and in constant operation.
Although the noise might catch the officer's attention, if you're running open headers, the ticket will probably be for no muffling device.
And for those running switchable exhaust or solenoids in the water injection, that won't save you from being cited, if you're running in the by-pass position, and turn it on when the Cop comes up.

BrendellaJet
06-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Noise isn't the only issue. All boats are required to have muffling devices installed, in working order and in constant operation.
Although the noise might catch the officer's attention, if you're running open headers, the ticket will probably be for no muffling device.
And for those running switchable exhaust or solenoids in the water injection, that won't save you from being cited, if you're running in the by-pass position, and turn it on when the Cop comes up.
Thanks for posting Alan. Do jet boaters need to run both baffles & water injection or is one of them sufficient to meet the "muffling device" requirement?

Boatcop
06-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks for posting Alan. Do jet boaters need to run both baffles & water injection or is one of them sufficient to meet the "muffling device" requirement?
One or the other will suffice. But they have to do an "effective" job of muffling exhaust noise.

superdave013
06-20-2007, 11:03 AM
I'd run mufflers before water if I was you. Your nice exhaust valves will thank you for it.

Ms.Havasu
06-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Friend of ours paid $150.00 for noise on Havasu

vee-driven
06-20-2007, 11:38 AM
But don't loud pipes save lives, they do on the street, and when i had my blown gn boat on the river a couple summers back i would come barreling down river and people would make room and the lake lice would scatter with a little blip of the go fast petal.

Boatcop
06-20-2007, 11:50 AM
But don't loud pipes save lives, they do on the street, and when i had my blown gn boat on the river a couple summers back i would come barreling down river and people would make room and the lake lice would scatter with a little blip of the go fast petal.
Safe boating saves lives.
Barrelling down the River with PWCs and other boats around, loud or not, is downright reckless. Not to mention just plain stupid.

vee-driven
06-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Safe boating saves lives.
Barrelling down the River with PWCs and other boats around, loud or not, is downright reckless. Not to mention just plain stupid.
I see how my discription sounded reckless but i do practice safe boating, i have been ***boating my whole life and i know the times to open it up, but there is always someone that dosent look before they turn in front of you and espically the jetskis on the river that have no sense of direction or keeping a straight line. To me being heard is another factor to safe boating because maybe the idiots will hear you and realize to look before they make that stupid move.

Holland
06-20-2007, 12:39 PM
$107.00 Last summer at Mead....
The max was 88db (I think), I was at 95+ according to the officer (and the meter)
That 107.00 was a quarter tank of gas!!!!!!!!
hahaha