PDA

View Full Version : Where's the best place to get....

Nordic35Flame
06-21-2007, 08:04 AM
:D A Water Balloon Launcher :D

XtrmWakeborder
06-21-2007, 08:06 AM
They are usually at the small convenience stores and gas stations in parker/havasu. Be careful, some people get pissed and some people come around for more egging you on.

Jordy
06-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Be careful, some people get pissed and some people come around for more egging you on.
Shooting a baseball sized projectile at someone tends to not go over well and can actually do ALOT of damage. Personally, I don't see any humor in those or the water cannons on the water. Afterwards the boats are put away, then we'll talk. :D :D :D
Anyone remember the cross canal water balloon fight in the Keyes a few years ago??? How about that crazy Aussie who decided it would be cool to get shot point blank with a water balloon??? I thought I had pics of that, but nothing. :(

Nordic35Flame
06-21-2007, 08:27 AM
It's not to take to the lake, these dumbass kids (16-17years old) thought it would be funny to shoot ORANGES out of one right in the neighborhood, and broke the windshield in my truck, and dented a few other peoples cars. So a few of us confronted the parents, and they said "My kids wouldn't do that", so we decided to take action :D but with water balloons not oranges.

Baja Big Dog
06-21-2007, 08:38 AM
It's not to take to the lake, these dumbass kids (16-17years old) thought it would be funny to shoot ORANGES out of one right in the neighborhood, and broke the windshield in my truck, and dented a few other peoples cars. So a few of us confronted the parents, and they said "My kids wouldn't do that", so we decided to take action :D but with water balloons not oranges.
Growing up around orange groves, and doing it in a day when kids could do stupid things with getting into a lot of trouble, we were very creative with the art of making oranges airborne. Surgical tubing was not a hot item back then, but giant rubber bands were, and that gets old, so you resort to more modern means...Gasoline, paint thinner, hairspray, and of course the crowd favorite...gun powder. Mom would shit every time we came home from the groves.
Needless to say we are all glad to be alive today!!

Captain Dan
06-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Hobby People sells them - at least they do here in the Murrieta store.........

Nordic35Flame
06-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Hobby People sells them - at least they do here in the Murrieta store.........
Nice! Thanks

selfmade
06-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Sports Chalet sells them also

HowardFlat
06-21-2007, 03:17 PM
I got one out of overtons catalog and it was sweet. it was a lot more heavy duty then the rest and shot alot further too. it was around 50 bucks. we love to use it on the people who fail to do wake less speeds in wake less zones. it works great. shoots fruit too!

Dude! Sweet!
06-21-2007, 03:24 PM
A golf ball or a billiard ball is something to see, just make sure you've cleared down range first!

buzzaro
06-21-2007, 03:47 PM
You could always skip the catapault stuff and go straight to the spud gun:devil:

XtrmWakeborder
06-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Shooting a baseball sized projectile at someone tends to not go over well and can actually do ALOT of damage. Personally, I don't see any humor in those or the water cannons on the water. Afterwards the boats are put away, then we'll talk. :D :D :D
Anyone remember the cross canal water balloon fight in the Keyes a few years ago??? How about that crazy Aussie who decided it would be cool to get shot point blank with a water balloon??? I thought I had pics of that, but nothing. :(
I have a video of us shooting my buddy point blank with the water balloon launcher on memorial. He said ouch and left it at that, it's a water balloon for god sakes. Like I said some people come to the river and want to get wet, have fun, screw around. Others have their 100k+ boat detailed the day before for 200 dollars and want to show it off in the channel all day. Different strokes for different folks. I've had people threaten to fight us after direct hits a couple years ago "all talk", now we keep it out and the people who want to try and be hit usually make it known.

riverbound
06-21-2007, 09:47 PM
I have a video of us shooting my buddy point blank with the water balloon launcher on memorial. He said ouch and left it at that, it's a water balloon for god sakes. Like I said some people come to the river and want to get wet, have fun, screw around. Others have their 100k+ boat detailed the day before for 200 dollars and want to show it off in the channel all day. Different strokes for different folks. I've had people threaten to fight us after direct hits a couple years ago "all talk", now we keep it out and the people who want to try and be hit usually make it known.
Im usually pretty easy going but what people dont have the common sense to think about is the large ammounts of $4 some people have in stereo equipment in boats......and for those of you who dont think prior to launching one at a boat......water and electricity DONT mix

XtrmWakeborder
06-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Im usually pretty easy going but what people dont have the common sense to think about is the large ammounts of $4 some people have in stereo equipment in boats......and for those of you who dont think prior to launching one at a boat......water and electricity DONT mix
Hmm I have a stereo, my boat gets very wet inside. Especially when washing it. I must be one of the lucky ones....

JetBoatRich
06-22-2007, 03:34 AM
I have a couple around the house, never launched at any boats:D
Try this site
http://slingking.com/
http://slingking.com/art/top_2004.gif

purrfecttremor
06-22-2007, 04:47 AM
Hmm I have a stereo, my boat gets very wet inside. Especially when washing it. I must be one of the lucky ones....
I dont think subs are meant to have water balloons launched at them :idea: :jawdrop: