PDA

View Full Version : Oakley Sold

32sunrkt
06-21-2007, 10:25 AM
$2.1 BILLION ALL CASH to RayBan / Luxotica
Niiiiiiice.....

yopengo
06-21-2007, 10:29 AM
By far the coolest building. I love that place.

Cigalert
06-21-2007, 10:35 AM
I love the pirate flag flying from the top. I love it even more ever since the people of foothill wanted him to take it down when it was first flown.

shrek
06-21-2007, 10:47 AM
That sucks.
There goes the Oakley customer service we all love.
Shrek

Froggystyle
06-21-2007, 10:57 AM
That sucks.
There goes the Oakley customer service we all love.
Shrek
I am far more bummed out about the potential loss of the clothing/equipment line.
Everything I have ever tried by Oakley became my instant favorite. Mountain bike gear, gloves, flip flops, boots, golf shoes, golf shirts, my "Razrwire" bluetooth headset that clips on my glasses, etc...
I am a huge Oakley fan because it seems like they give a shit about what the consumer, especially the active consumer, actually needs. The design gear that works, and I will continue buying it if they keep building it.

Cole Trickle
06-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Pretty cool to think that the guy started off in his garage and named the company after his dog:)
Until recently I haven't really liked most of the styling that they offered but everyone I know has nothing but great things to say about the company.
I actually considered working there when I lived a stones throw from the headquarters.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
06-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Have you seen their jet at John Wayne? It's frickin huge and painted in the light colored camo... it has the Oakley O on the tail. it's bitchen...

mbrown2
06-21-2007, 11:07 AM
I know someone that has worked there as a designer for 10+ years....and he loves it for the reasons that Wes mentioned...they are focused on the active consumer and not fitting the mold of the large sunglass players.....heck, they would do staff meetings by meeting out in Elsinore and parachuting their way to teambuilding... really cool company that I hope don't changes to much for the employees that really love it there.

Chipster27
06-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Have you seen their jet at John Wayne?
http://us.airliners.net/photos/middle/6/5/2/0666256.jpg
I was at Oakley last week and someone has a dark colored SL65 with a shadow/discrete camelflage paintjob.

beaverretriever
06-21-2007, 12:27 PM
I am sure Jim Jannard will have some coin in his pocket after this.
I don't know what will happen. Oakley is a great company, and I hope it stays that way.

INI
06-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Oakley sucks....its all about blue-blockers
those are sweet shades

LuckyStrike
06-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Pretty cool to think that the guy started off in his garage and named the company after his dog:)
Until recently I haven't really liked most of the styling that they offered but everyone I know has nothing but great things to say about the company.
I actually considered working there when I lived a stones throw from the headquarters.
Yeah An English Setter I Think...My Moms A Dog Show Judge And Knows Those People...She Even Stayed in their Pusher Last Year In Scottsdale At A Show... Right -On Small Business Makes Big!! Love Those Stories, Hope To Have One Myself In the Next 4-6 Weeks!!:D :D