PDA

View Full Version : I'll try again...Hey Froggy......

Jbb
06-21-2007, 02:18 PM
How's this for......putting the boat on the trailer.... (http://www.sonicbomb.com/files/movies/military/chinookwater.wmv) ?

squirt'nmyload
06-21-2007, 02:22 PM
he's coming in hot!!!!!!! :D

Froggystyle
06-21-2007, 02:45 PM
We did that once... The air crews really, really, really don't like doing it because of the salt water cleanup... One guy in my sister platoon brained himself on the rear clamshell doing that. Since then, we all had to wear pro-tec helmets whenever doing air work.
I hated those CH-47's. The floor was always really, really oily with hydraulic fluid. I asked an aircrew guy why nobody seemed to care that there was always oil everywhere... his reply...
"Oil everywhere is good... that means you have oil and oil pressure. Start getting scared if you see a clean helo"...
:D
It actually took them WAY too long to get in the bird. That should have been over in seconds. We wore dive masks when we did it because of the spray. You can't do that in ANY kind of seas either. No waves, no wakes, no nothing...

Jordy
06-21-2007, 02:48 PM
That's wild. One little wave or swell could really make things interesting. :jawdrop:

Jbb
06-21-2007, 02:54 PM
That's wild. One little wave or swell could really make things interesting. :jawdrop:
not to mention it would take a pretty skilled pilot!

Lightning
06-21-2007, 03:35 PM
My brother in law was a crewchief on a ch-46. He said that they would leak oil while sitting, but when running all the leaks would seal up becuase of the pressuse in the system.

XtrmWakeborder
06-21-2007, 09:46 PM
not to mention it would take a pretty skilled pilot!
No kidding! Damn!

DMOORE
06-21-2007, 11:04 PM
I hated those CH-47's. The floor was always really, really oily with hydraulic fluid. I asked an aircrew guy why nobody seemed to care that there was always oil everywhere... his reply...
+1. I hated flying in the 47's. You just wait for those damn things to fall out of the sky. We actually had to bail out of one off the coast of Washington State. We were getting ready to do a duck, when they lost an engine. All sorts of buzzers and lights were going off and the crew chief was in a total panic. We cut the lines and pushed it out the back as fast as we could. As we turned around after hitting the water, the bird was about 3ft off the water. It nearly went into the drink. Great way to start an ORE.
Darrell.

Froggystyle
06-22-2007, 07:54 AM
+1. I hated flying in the 47's. You just wait for those damn things to fall out of the sky. We actually had to bail out of one off the coast of Washington State. We were getting ready to do a duck, when they lost an engine. All sorts of buzzers and lights were going off and the crew chief was in a total panic. We cut the lines and pushed it out the back as fast as we could. As we turned around after hitting the water, the bird was about 3ft off the water. It nearly went into the drink. Great way to start an ORE.
Darrell.
How long ago was that? We used them for an ORE up in Point Mugu/Port Hueneme for insertion, but we were doing stacked ducks and had two pallets. That sucked...

DMOORE
06-22-2007, 10:10 AM
How long ago was that? We used them for an ORE up in Point Mugu/Port Hueneme for insertion, but we were doing stacked ducks and had two pallets. That sucked...
Sheesh.... I'm trying to think. About 93-94 timeframe. Infact it was one of the darkest nights I have ever seen. No moon, total cloud cover. After the whole helo incident, we turned on our NVG's and we thought they were broke. ZERO ambient light! We had to use IR flashlights so we could stay with the other boat, while using NVG's. The whole trip just sucked.
Just remembered, I had the flu and a 101temp the whole time.
Darrell.

Froggystyle
06-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Sheesh.... I'm trying to think. About 93-94 timeframe. Infact it was one of the darkest nights I have ever seen. No moon, total cloud cover. After the whole helo incident, we turned on our NVG's and we thought they were broke. ZERO ambient light! We had to use IR flashlights so we could stay with the other boat, while using NVG's. The whole trip just sucked.
Just remembered, I had the flu and a 101temp the whole time.
Darrell.
It just occurred to me that we pretty much have to know each other from the teams...