PDA

View Full Version : Coeur d' Alene Lake

ULTRA26 # 1
06-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Question for you guys in the NW. How strict is law enforcement with regard to mufflers on CDA Lake. My boat has an HO with CMI's and as of now, no mufflers. The exhaust is just above the water line. I'm due to put the boat on CDA June 29th.
Thanks
John M

CMac
06-21-2007, 05:50 PM
I don't see anything about sound levels.:D
Coeur d'Alene Lake Rules of the Waterway
Vessels passing head-on shall keep to the right.
Vessels overtaking another vessel may do so on either side, but must grant the right-of-way to the vessel being over-taken.
When vessels are passing at right angles, the vessel on the left will yield right of way to vessel on the right.
Motor boats shall yield right-of-way to non-motor powered boats except as follows:
a) When being overtaken by non-powered vessels.
b) For deep draft vessels that have to remain in narrow channels.
c) When vessel is towing another vessel.
Motor boats must maintain a direct course when passing sailboats.
Any vessel approaching a landing dock or pier shall yield the right-of-way to any departing vessel.
Any vessel departing shoreline or tributary shall yield right-of-way to through traffic and vessels approaching shoreline or tributary.
Vessels will not abruptly change course without first determining that it can be safely done without risk of collision with another vessel.
If an operator fails to fully understand course of an approaching vessel he must slow down immediately to a speed barely sufficient for steerageway until the other vessel has passed.
Vessels yielding right-of-way shall reduce speed, stop, reverse, or alter course to avoid collision. Vessel with right-of-way shall hold course and speed. If there is danger of collision, all vessels will slow down, stop, or reverse until danger is averted.
Vessels will issue warning signals in fog or thick weather.
No mechanically propelled vessel shall be operated in a circular course around any other vessel or any person swimming.
In a narrow channel, vessels will keep to the right of mid-channel.
Vessels approaching or passing another vessel shall be operated in such manner and at such rate of speed as will not create a hazardous wash or wake.
No vessel shall obstruct or interfere with take-off, landing, or taxiing of aircraft.
All vessels shall be operated at reasonable speeds for given situations and must be under the completed control of the operator at all times.
No person shall, under any circumstances, operate a vessel in excess of an established speed zone.
No vessel or person shall obstruct or block navigation channel, entrance to channel, mooring slip, landing dock, launching ramp, pier or tributary.
Vessels shall keep at least 100 feet clearance of displayed diver's flag.
Operator shall maintain a proper lookout.

Havasu1986
06-21-2007, 05:55 PM
P.M. ClownRoyal..He lives there in the summer. ;)

BOOGEYMAN
06-21-2007, 06:15 PM
I live in spokane wich is about 40 minutes from Coeur d' Alene Lake and lots of people were getting noise tickets 2 weeks ago when it was real nice and everyone was out!! Lots of big cat's and deep v's just tied up all weekend because there were not allowed to run.
They were checking right at the launches and if it didnt pass you were told to pack up and go home. The cops said this year they are going to strictly enforce the noise laws and make a difference.......We never go there anymore, its turned into a big yuppi hangout.
Lake Roosevelt is where most of the big boats show up to play anymore, be lots of 38 to 42 ft cat and V'S with triple blown bigs block sets ups on the weekend of the 4th. Thats where we hang out now.
Travis.

Racey
06-21-2007, 06:38 PM
These god damn noise laws have gone too far...... that's all i'm gonna say on the subject, and i don't give a chit if you live on a lake, i personally love waking up to a dry headered flatty making a 7000rpm pass at 6:30 in the am
:D :D :D :D

ULTRA26 # 1
06-21-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't see anything about sound levels.:D
Coeur d'Alene Lake Rules of the Waterway
Vessels passing head-on shall keep to the right.
Vessels overtaking another vessel may do so on either side, but must grant the right-of-way to the vessel being over-taken.
When vessels are passing at right angles, the vessel on the left will yield right of way to vessel on the right.
Motor boats shall yield right-of-way to non-motor powered boats except as follows:
a) When being overtaken by non-powered vessels.
b) For deep draft vessels that have to remain in narrow channels.
c) When vessel is towing another vessel.
Motor boats must maintain a direct course when passing sailboats.
Any vessel approaching a landing dock or pier shall yield the right-of-way to any departing vessel.
Any vessel departing shoreline or tributary shall yield right-of-way to through traffic and vessels approaching shoreline or tributary.
Vessels will not abruptly change course without first determining that it can be safely done without risk of collision with another vessel.
If an operator fails to fully understand course of an approaching vessel he must slow down immediately to a speed barely sufficient for steerageway until the other vessel has passed.
Vessels yielding right-of-way shall reduce speed, stop, reverse, or alter course to avoid collision. Vessel with right-of-way shall hold course and speed. If there is danger of collision, all vessels will slow down, stop, or reverse until danger is averted.
Vessels will issue warning signals in fog or thick weather.
No mechanically propelled vessel shall be operated in a circular course around any other vessel or any person swimming.
In a narrow channel, vessels will keep to the right of mid-channel.
Vessels approaching or passing another vessel shall be operated in such manner and at such rate of speed as will not create a hazardous wash or wake.
No vessel shall obstruct or interfere with take-off, landing, or taxiing of aircraft.
All vessels shall be operated at reasonable speeds for given situations and must be under the completed control of the operator at all times.
No person shall, under any circumstances, operate a vessel in excess of an established speed zone.
No vessel or person shall obstruct or block navigation channel, entrance to channel, mooring slip, landing dock, launching ramp, pier or tributary.
Vessels shall keep at least 100 feet clearance of displayed diver's flag.
Operator shall maintain a proper lookout.
Seems there are more rules than what is included above. I know for sure that there is a 50 mph daytime speed limit and a 25 mph nighttime limit on CDA Lake.
Still I thank you for your help.
P.M. ClownRoyal..He lives there in the summer. ;)
I PM'd clown. Thanks for the advice
John M

lewiville
06-21-2007, 06:52 PM
my parent lice there and there really isnt any law's up there about that. Remeber that's redneck country up there. If you can marry your sister, you pretty much can do anything.
Its so beautifull up there. Have a great trip

ULTRA26 # 1
06-22-2007, 05:14 AM
my parent lice there and there really isnt any law's up there about that. Remeber that's redneck country up there. If you can marry your sister, you pretty much can do anything.
Its so beautifull up there. Have a great trip
LMAO
It is nice there. My Son and his mom were born there. I lived there for about 5 years but is way to cold for this SoCal native.
Thanks
John M

Baja Pete
06-22-2007, 07:42 AM
I keep my boat on CdA Lake; they are trying to enforce the 88db rule, but most of the LEO's dont have db meters yet.
Baja Pete

ULTRA26 # 1
06-22-2007, 09:00 AM
I keep my boat on CdA Lake; they are trying to enforce the 88db rule, but most of the LEO's dont have db meters yet.
Baja Pete
Thanks Pete. Due to arive in CDA on June 29th. Hope to see you on the water. I amk going to install some slip in's before we get there.
John M

48OFF
06-22-2007, 03:20 PM
I live there in Mica Bay. If you have to worry about any day it is the 4th. If you are just cruisin you should be fine, some other jackass will take the heat for ya. Stop by for a Margarita on the dock. How long are ya staying? Eric.

Roaddogg 4040
06-22-2007, 03:39 PM
I stayed there a few years ago while I was doing a cross country motorcycle trip and it was the first and only place in my life that I saw a KKK poster advertising a KKK picnic. It was on a wall in a laundry mat... Needless to say I have never wanted to go thru that place again.
It was beautiful scenery but the KKK stuff was a little tough to take...
Steve

ULTRA26 # 1
06-22-2007, 04:07 PM
I live there in Mica Bay. If you have to worry about any day it is the 4th. If you are just cruisin you should be fine, some other jackass will take the heat for ya. Stop by for a Margarita on the dock. How long are ya staying? Eric.
Eric
We will be there for nine days. Thanks for the invite. Hope to see you soon. We will be the 26 Ultra
BTW, I installed mufflers earlier today so there shouldn't be any issue with noise. Keeping it at 50 or below will be my next challange.
Boating in the summer in the NW, is the best. Looking forward to being back on CDA
John M

48OFF
06-22-2007, 04:29 PM
I live near the Lutherhaven church camp, where the houses are high up off thew water. Looking at it from the lake my place is to the right about 4 docks, I have a blue Hobie cat on the beach. Cant miss it. I wont be there for the 4th, but will be for the 2,3,-5,6. Carlin bay is my local hang out most nights. Eric

ULTRA26 # 1
06-22-2007, 04:45 PM
I live near the Lutherhaven church camp, where the houses are high up off thew water. Looking at it from the lake my place is to the right about 4 docks, I have a blue Hobie cat on the beach. Cant miss it. I wont be there for the 4th, but will be for the 2,3,-5,6. Carlin bay is my local hang out most nights. Eric
Sounds good:) I like Carlin. Great burgers:D
Hope to see you soon
John M

Not So Fast
06-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks Pete. Due to arive in CDA on June 29th. Hope to see you on the water. I amk going to install some slip in's before we get there.
John M
John: you probably know already but if not, check for reversion right away, some mufflers cause it for a fact and if so, you know what to do;) NSF

Old Texan
06-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Sounds good:) I like Carlin. Great burgers:D
Hope to see you soon
John M
John, I wouldn't be talking any "politics" with the locals. I got into a discussion with an old frriend who moved up that way several years back. He was quite influeneced by the "Patriotic" spirit shall we say. Different thought patterns than normal cicilization among the fringe elements.;)
Have fun and watch your speed..:D

ULTRA26 # 1
06-22-2007, 08:48 PM
John: you probably know already but if not, check for reversion right away, some mufflers cause it for a fact and if so, you know what to do;) NSF
Bobby,
I haven't heard about that in a long time. Knowing by boat as well as they do, I can't imagine that Dana would sell me a muffler that would do damage. Honestly, I don't think that an HO has enough cam profile to be concerned about reversion. Also, my tips are just above the water line, a good 2 feet below the CMI collector.
However, I appreciate, and thank you for, the concern. And I don't know what to do in the case of reversion. ??? Remove the plugs first ??
John
John, I wouldn't be talking any "politics" with the locals. I got into a discussion with an old frriend who moved up that way several years back. He was quite influeneced by the "Patriotic" spirit shall we say. Different thought patterns than normal cicilization among the fringe elements.;)
Have fun and watch your speed..:D
Tex,
I used to live there. My Son and his mom, were both born there. We have family there and well as friends. I towed my Warlock up there 8 years ago and put 50 hours on it in two weeks. :) In fact, that was the last I took a two week vacation.
It should be a great time. The lakes in the area are like no others, they are among the most beautiful. I will be on my best behavior with regard to go fast issue. :D :D :D
Thanks
John

Not So Fast
06-23-2007, 01:34 AM
All I know is on some motors and without reason that mufflers have caused reversion. Could be because of an increase in back pressure by itself?? If the muffs have any kind of a constriction such as a flat baffle or plate to re-route the exhaust into silencing chambers then it seems it could create this pressure :idea: I would for sure check the oil after you have run for a short while and if you have milky oil then remove the muffs and do an oil change as soon as feasible, most likely no damage at that point. Did you get the Gibsons made for the 496 and in clamp on form I hope?? Good luck and have fun :D Bobby

brad22
06-23-2007, 02:27 AM
Question for you guys in the NW. How strict is law enforcement with regard to mufflers on CDA Lake. My boat has an HO with CMI's and as of now, no mufflers. The exhaust is just above the water line. I'm due to put the boat on CDA June 29th.
Thanks
John M
From what I've heard It really depends on what type of enforcement you have out on the lake that your at. Some cops are just looking to see if you have some mufflers at all and other critical cops will break out the decibel meter.
if you have a stock 496 this (http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=7577) could be an option for you.
More horsepower you could check out some clamp-ons (http://www.cpperformance.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=182)
Brad
CP

ULTRA26 # 1
06-23-2007, 06:10 AM
From what I've heard It really depends on what type of enforcement you have out on the lake that your at. Some cops are just looking to see if you have some mufflers at all and other critical cops will break out the decibel meter.
if you have a stock 496 this (http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=7577) could be an option for you.
More horsepower you could check out some clamp-ons (http://www.cpperformance.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=182)
Brad
CP
Thanks for the advice. Had to go with slipins do room issue with Aqua Steps
John M

Sotally Tober
06-23-2007, 09:41 AM
John, welcome back to the NW. It is nothing like what these guys are talking about. Never seen anyhing KKK in the 14 years Ive lived her since moving from Escondido Ca.
I was on CDA last night. The place to launch is here.http://www.blm.gov/id/st/en/fo/coeur_d_alene/recreation_sites_/Blackwell.html
I run a HO and have never been stopped on the water. Probably cause I own the record holder of the slowest HO. I have corsa and usually run it quiet though. I did get harrased at Priest Lake ID once before I got in the water. They said that having cut outs are illegal in ID. They tested me in the water and I was 96 db at idle open. They let me go but didn't want to.
I have heard that they are getting serious on CDA. Watch your speed as they run radar. I do not think thier Sheriffs boats can get over 35. They also run deputies on wave runners that are very hard to identify.
You have to go to the Spaghetti feed at Eddies on Thurs. nights. It is across from the resort at Arrow point. It is a blast. Order a Derailer in a bucket.
Ill look for you. You giving rides? Would love one in a cat.
Whats up Eric?
See you on the water,
Chris

ULTRA26 # 1
06-23-2007, 11:18 AM
John, welcome back to the NW. It is nothing like what these guys are talking about. Never seen anyhing KKK in the 14 years Ive lived her since moving from Escondido Ca.
I was on CDA last night. The place to launch is here.http://www.blm.gov/id/st/en/fo/coeur_d_alene/recreation_sites_/Blackwell.html
I run a HO and have never been stopped on the water. Probably cause I own the record holder of the slowest HO. I have corsa and usually run it quiet though. I did get harrased at Priest Lake ID once before I got in the water. They said that having cut outs are illegal in ID. They tested me in the water and I was 96 db at idle open. They let me go but didn't want to.
I have heard that they are getting serious on CDA. Watch your speed as they run radar. I do not think thier Sheriffs boats can get over 35. They also run deputies on wave runners that are very hard to identify.
You have to go to the Spaghetti feed at Eddies on Thurs. nights. It is across from the resort at Arrow point. It is a blast. Order a Derailer in a bucket.
Ill look for you. You giving rides? Would love one in a cat.
Whats up Eric?
See you on the water,
Chris
Hey Chris,
Had a few derailers at Arrow Point. Probabally won't this time as I don't recover from a rum buzz like I use to.:D :D
If we connect, I'd be happy to give you a ride.
Rented a house on the water down near Worley, so I will probabally launch near there.
Hope to see you on the water.
John M
PS Been on Priest Lake a couple of times. It's nice up there.

Sotally Tober
06-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Sounds great. Go to the feed on thurs. They tore down the old Arrow Point and built a very nice place. It is really reasonable.
Are you in Windy or Rockford bay?

ULTRA26 # 1
06-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Sounds great. Go to the feed on thurs. They tore down the old Arrow Point and built a very nice place. It is really reasonable.
Are you in Windy or Rockford bay?
Chris,
Windy Bay, I believe. Actually, the Arrow Point that was torn down was the new Arrow Point built after the fire destroyed the real old Arrow Point. :)
See you on the water.
John M

Sotally Tober
06-23-2007, 03:24 PM
The one that is there now has been open 1 year this last fathers day.
Same one?

ULTRA26 # 1
06-23-2007, 05:17 PM
The one that is there now has been open 1 year this last fathers day.
Same one?
There was one that burned down in the late 80's I believe which was replaced by the kinda open air concrete building with roll up doors. I imagine that this is the one that was replaced last year. I never did like the roll up door concrete floor Arrow Point. It will be cool to see the new and improved AP
John M

48OFF
06-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Hey Chris, Are you going to be on the lake this weekend? If so stop by. You gotta see my boat bar in the house. I turned the dining room into BAR. I gotta work thid Thurs but have the next one off. See ya.

Sotally Tober
06-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Eric, I'm off both Sat and Sun. Plan to be at the lake both days as this weekend was Honey dos. I might be at Roosevelt one of the days and CDA the other. I will sure check it out. What shift are you? I'm B.

48OFF
06-25-2007, 04:48 PM
"A" shift, today the 25th ,not sure if they are the same. I'll be their Sat. but I have to work Sunday and the 4th. Eric

RiverToysJas
06-25-2007, 04:54 PM
"A" shift, today the 25th ,not sure if they are the same. I'll be their Sat. but I have to work Sunday and the 4th. Eric
Eric, if you keep up this beark-neck pace your post count is going to be triple digits!!!! :eek:
How's the Lavey runnin'???
RTJas :D

ClownRoyal
06-25-2007, 05:11 PM
We will be on the water this weekend. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Typical June weather. Nice during the week and shitty on the weekends. Echo bay and we have an open dock policy. Stop by for a cold one.
As for the LEs and noise. As long as you are close the 88 and have mufflers they don't care. At least that is my experience and all my friend's as well. If you are over 90 and have no mufflers then it is a no-brainer - you will be warned and next time they catch you they could give you a ticket. As for speed - just pick your time and place. You don't want to speed on the north end of the lake. Head south.
Here is a regatta I am putting on this August. All you Havasu peeps should live life on the edge - hook that trailer up and road trip it :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/CdAPoster2007HB.jpg

ULTRA26 # 1
06-26-2007, 05:23 AM
We will be on the water this weekend. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Typical June weather. Nice during the week and shitty on the weekends. Echo bay and we have an open dock policy. Stop by for a cold one.
As for the LEs and noise. As long as you are close the 88 and have mufflers they don't care. At least that is my experience and all my friend's as well. If you are over 90 and have no mufflers then it is a no-brainer - you will be warned and next time they catch you they could give you a ticket. As for speed - just pick your time and place. You don't want to speed on the north end of the lake. Head south.
Here is a regatta I am putting on this August. All you Havasu peeps should live life on the edge - hook that trailer up and road trip it :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/CdAPoster2007HB.jpg
The Regatta looks like it will be a blast. I agree that as many Havasu peeps as possible should head up for the August event. Some of the best boating in the world.
We should have the boat in the water late Fri afternoon. You shouldn't be hard to spot, as I can't imagine there are a bunch of DCB's on CDA.
See you this weekend
John M

48OFF
06-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Jason, what can I say sometimes i get yappy. I remember a few years ago the lurkers had a thread about who had the lowest post count, and been here the longest. I was going to chime in but thought it was a trick and did not say anything. Shit I just did it. I PM 'ed you a while back.