PDA

View Full Version : 3500's rearend problems........

racecar.hotshoe
06-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Anybody else having a issues with the rearends in the duallys.On mine you can set the parking brake put it in (N) climb under the truck and mark the driveline at the 12 oclock position and turn it to the 3 oclock before anything catches and the dealer says thats ok.Pulling my toyhauler with this thing is like riding on a pogo stick.I think the dealer is full of crap.

Daytona100
06-21-2007, 09:02 PM
What kind of posi is it? Only a spool will lock up immediately.Are you putting it in park while driving down the road?:eek: I don,t understand what driving down the road has to do with putting it in park.

racecar.hotshoe
06-21-2007, 09:06 PM
What kind of posi is it? Only a spool will lock up immediately.Are you putting it in park while driving down the road?:eek: I don,t understand what driving down the road has to do with putting it in park.
:D Im not doing that.With the truck off and in (N) I lay under it and the play in the driveline is unbeliveable(sp)

Daytona100
06-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Does the vehicle roll excessively when placed in park? When placed in park the driveline is locked mechanically by the parking paw and gear assembly. When in neutral your spinning the internals of the transmission and the gear play in the rear end.

racecar.hotshoe
06-22-2007, 06:48 AM
Does the vehicle roll excessively when placed in park? When placed in park the driveline is locked mechanically by the parking paw and gear assembly. When in neutral your spinning the internals of the transmission and the gear play in the rear end.
The gear play in the rear end is what the problem is.

Daytona100
06-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Take the diff cover off and turn the drive shaft and look at the gears and see whats happening. Check the spider gears and watch the backlash. I like to set them up with .006 to .008 backlash. Also check for any metal on the magnet. Mike

racecar.hotshoe
06-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Take the diff cover off and turn the drive shaft and look at the gears and see whats happening. Check the spider gears and watch the backlash. I like to set them up with .006 to .008 backlash. Also check for any metal on the magnet. Mike
Will do thanks,Mark