PDA

View Full Version : RD i see you lurkin

76ANTHONY
06-22-2007, 02:17 AM
hows the fishing going???:D

RiverDave
06-22-2007, 02:37 AM
hows the fishing going???:D
On my way back right now.. We stopped off in Washington to visit a friend of Stacy's.. We all just got back from the bar, their wasted, and I'm beat so I'm crashing out, and we're gonna catch some flight tomorrow (whenever we get up) and head home to S.D.
The fishing is CRAZY up there.. Drop a line in, reel up a fish, get that one off the line and drop it back in, reel up another fish.. F'ing unreal if your into that sorta thing.. My whole upper body is sore, and I'm not gonna lie.. there was a couple of them I had to pass off the fishing pole, becuase if I didn't it was gonna go into the drink.. (couldn't hang on any longer after catching that many fish)..
Up there it's whatever you want to catch.. Anything from black bass, salmon, halibut, to volkswagon sized fishies... That trip Re-inforced every reason why I don't swim in the ocean very often.. :D
Readers digest version is Stacy's old mans lodge is arguably the nicest in south east Alaska.. (no shit) Staying at this place ain't exactly "roughing it." Great food, good crew (guides etc..) nice equipment (skiffs, rods reels, 2 1st class fishing boats etc..) At first I was really not looking forward to going. After this trip I'm looking forward to my next trip out there! I took pictures of Icebergs, bald eagles, caught fish, saw shit loads of whales, scenery etc.. Place is almost surreal with how much wild life is out there.. As far as the people, it's a different way of life.. Very few cops = very few stupid people when your that far out. LOL... To give you a quick example, it's common knowledge that you don't throw a wake in the coves with docks etc..
What happens if you do? "They poke a hole in your outboard" WTF is poke a hole in your outboard? The locals come out with a rifle, and shoot your motor on the boat throwing the wake :jawdrop: Minimum the guy is out a motor, and he will most likely be getting his ass kicked as well...
The phrase "You take your life in your own hands" is used quite a bit up there, and they aren't focking around. People leave crab pots everywhere, and nobody messes with them etc.. If you touch another mans crab pot "You take your life into your own hands" etc.. etc.. Pretty unreal experience. That and we had kick ass weather (t-shirt weather) almost the whole time we were there. ;) :)
I'm out... I'll post up all the good shit over the weekend and on monday.
RD

AZJD
06-22-2007, 06:23 AM
On my way back right now.. We stopped off in Washington to visit a friend of Stacy's.. We all just got back from the bar, their wasted, and I'm beat so I'm crashing out, and we're gonna catch some flight tomorrow (whenever we get up) and head home to S.D.
The fishing is CRAZY up there.. Drop a line in, reel up a fish, get that one off the line and drop it back in, reel up another fish.. F'ing unreal if your into that sorta thing.. My whole upper body is sore, and I'm not gonna lie.. there was a couple of them I had to pass off the fishing pole, becuase if I didn't it was gonna go into the drink.. (couldn't hang on any longer after catching that many fish)..
Up there it's whatever you want to catch.. Anything from black bass, salmon, halibut, to volkswagon sized fishies... That trip Re-inforced every reason why I don't swim in the ocean very often.. :D
Readers digest version is Stacy's old mans lodge is arguably the nicest in south east Alaska.. (no shit) Staying at this place ain't exactly "roughing it." Great food, good crew (guides etc..) nice equipment (skiffs, rods reels, 2 1st class fishing boats etc..) At first I was really not looking forward to going. After this trip I'm looking forward to my next trip out there! I took pictures of Icebergs, bald eagles, caught fish, saw shit loads of whales, scenery etc.. Place is almost surreal with how much wild life is out there.. As far as the people, it's a different way of life.. Very few cops = very few stupid people when your that far out. LOL... To give you a quick example, it's common knowledge that you don't throw a wake in the coves with docks etc..
What happens if you do? "They poke a hole in your outboard" WTF is poke a hole in your outboard? The locals come out with a rifle, and shoot your motor on the boat throwing the wake :jawdrop: Minimum the guy is out a motor, and he will most likely be getting his ass kicked as well...
The phrase "You take your life in your own hands" is used quite a bit up there, and they aren't focking around. People leave crab pots everywhere, and nobody messes with them etc.. If you touch another mans crab pot "You take your life into your own hands" etc.. etc.. Pretty unreal experience. That and we had kick ass weather (t-shirt weather) almost the whole time we were there. ;) :)
I'm out... I'll post up all the good shit over the weekend and on monday.
RD
You know if you would go to the gym this type of thing wouldn't happen...:devil: :D :D :D
Sounds like an awesome trip.....Pretty good typing skills for a drunk guy.

RiverDave
06-22-2007, 12:49 PM
I was the DD, I haven't had gotten drunk since memorial day.. ;)
RD

76ANTHONY
06-22-2007, 12:51 PM
sounds like ya had fun rd, some people would say you still sux though:D

Dave C
06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
LOL good one.
around bench racers territory "poking a hole in the outboard" is taken with a
whole different connotation :jawdrop:

fat rat
06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Pictures.........we need pictures, sounds pretty nice, one day I'll make it up there.

barbigrl
06-22-2007, 03:50 PM
I am SOOOO glad that you guys are almost home!! I really dont like it when Stacy goes out of phone range for long periods of time!! :mad: :( :(