PDA

View Full Version : Hate the Unemployment Dept

RitcheyRch
06-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Called the unemployment office today to find out when would start seeing a check.
They told me would not be getting a check from them until the end of July because of a 5 week penalty for accidently putting the wrong start date on the form for when started Lockheed last year.
So, looks like will be diving into the old savings account sooner than thought

ChumpChange
06-22-2007, 12:32 PM
What a coincidence. I lost my job today. :mad: Won't be getting any unemployment though since I resigned.
I had two choices....resign or be fired. I wish there was a third option with a nice severence package making me a millionaire. :D

Cigalert
06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
there was a third option it's just we as honcho's dare not discuss

RitcheyRch
06-22-2007, 12:35 PM
I kind of got walked out of there after walking out of a meeting after the Program manager started cussing at me and me telling him I dont deserve to be treated or talked to in that manner.

3 daytona`s
06-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I kind of got walked out of there after walking out of a meeting after the Program manager started cussing at me and me telling him I dont deserve to be treated or talked to in that manner.
You`ll have a ton of free time to post:)

voodoomedman
06-22-2007, 12:54 PM
What a coincidence. I lost my job today. :mad: Won't be getting any unemployment though since I resigned.
I had two choices....resign or be fired. I wish there was a third option with a nice severence package making me a millionaire. :D
Appeal to the unemployment department and tell them the whole situation. I've seen it way too many times. The companies basically force you to quit so that way they don't have to pay the unemployment benefits for you. What they don't tell you is that legally they can only confirm your employment period when a prospective employer calls. Besides why not give them the number of someone you can trust anyway. If I'm ever put in that position I will respectfully tell them that they are bothering me and keeping me from doing my job and I will continue to do so until I am fired.

uLtRADeNniS
06-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Sorry to hear about that guys.
Thats why cash value life insurance policies are great. If something happens. Pull money out without being penalized and taxed. ..Oh and you don't have to put it back. Cash is king. Im not a big savings account fan.. little return on your money and your taxed.

RitcheyRch
06-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Most definitely and might be able to hit 10K posts before go back to work. :D
You`ll have a ton of free time to post:)
Dont know anything about those.
Sorry to hear about that guys.
Thats why cash value life insurance policies are great. If something happens. Pull money out without being penalized and taxed. ..Oh and you don't have to put it back. Cash is king. Im not a big savings account fan.. little return on your money and your taxed.

uLtRADeNniS
06-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Most definitely and might be able to hit 10K posts before go back to work. :D
Don't know anything about those.
I would be more than happy to inform you of them and other ways to plan your finances. (Its what I do.)
Pm me if I can help.

voodoomedman
06-22-2007, 02:07 PM
I would be more than happy to inform you of them and other ways to plan your finances. (Its what I do.)
Pm me if I can help.
I thought you were a real estate agent.

RitcheyRch
06-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Surprised my accountant hasnt discussed these with me before. :mad:
Pm me if I can help.

ChumpChange
06-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Appeal to the unemployment department and tell them the whole situation. I've seen it way too many times. The companies basically force you to quit so that way they don't have to pay the unemployment benefits for you. What they don't tell you is that legally they can only confirm your employment period when a prospective employer calls. Besides why not give them the number of someone you can trust anyway. If I'm ever put in that position I will respectfully tell them that they are bothering me and keeping me from doing my job and I will continue to do so until I am fired.
All true but unfortunately different in an executive position. I can have a job by Monday if I'd like though. Will take this time to look at all the options to make sure this move is a really good one though.

voodoomedman
06-22-2007, 02:11 PM
All true but unfortunately different in an executive position. I can have a job by Monday if I'd like though. Will take this time to look at all the options to make sure this move is a really good one though.
Good luck. Sometimes we all need a little change.

zudnic
06-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Last year needed extra help in getting orders out, used a temp agent and one of the twits they sent over worked 2hrs. The pos left on break and never returned. Two weeks latter got a comp claim, seems she tripped over a forklift and "injured" her back. Her dr saw her out grocery shopping and sent L&I a letter re-stating his opinion; no way this girl has back problems. She got a shrink and claims due to the "accident" she is afraid to work. Appealed her claim denial and just received $30K from L&I.
Not defending gov. agencies but its pos like the above fat pig who put in false claims, nobody saw her trip, never reported to us that she was injured on the job, has her own dr. say no way they are hurt. Who manipulate the system that makes it hard for the honest to get whats owed!!!! The unemployment dept. is only half the problem.........

RitcheyRch
06-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Good point. Know someone that once abused the system. One person ruins it for everyone.
Last year needed extra help in getting orders out, used a temp agent and one of the twits they sent over worked 2hrs. The pos left on break and never returned. Two weeks latter got a comp claim, seems she tripped over a forklift and "injured" her back. Her dr saw her out grocery shopping and sent L&I a letter re-stating his opinion; no way this girl has back problems. She got a shrink and claims due to the "accident" she is afraid to work. Appealed her claim denial and just received $30K from L&I.
Not defending gov. agencies but its pos like the above fat pig who put in false claims, nobody saw her trip, never reported to us that she was injured on the job, has her own dr. say no way they are hurt. Who manipulate the system that makes it hard for the honest to get whats owed!!!! The unemployment dept. is only half the problem.........

piper
06-24-2007, 11:39 AM
I came home from Iraq a few weeks ago. I've applied at different companies and figured I would apply for unemployment as well while I wait for the right job. I got denied because they say I quit and didn't make an effort to try to make a better enviorment for myself to enjoy the work. I WAS IN IRAQ!!!!! How am I supposed to make it better for myself, wear shorts or something??? Dumb idiots!!!!

Dribble
06-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Called the unemployment office today to find out when would start seeing a check.
They told me would not be getting a check from them until the end of July because of a 5 week penalty for accidently putting the wrong start date on the form for when started Lockheed last year.
So, looks like will be diving into the old savings account sooner than thought
I would appeal that. Lockheed paid for your unemployment INSURANCE. I'll bet if you bitched and threatened to write your senator or send a letter to your senator and cc Unemployment they would change their position. I work for the State and this method works for people (who usually deserve nothing) all the time.

Just foreplay
06-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Hey RitcheyRch,
I am not one for suits, but the same thing happened to a friend, when all was said and done she walked away 130K in her pocket. The her superviser called her a stupid fukken bitch and that was over heard by others in the office.
Just trying to get ya a new boat...or maybe just some sweeeet up grades..:D

MADDOG355
06-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Hurt my back early last year, To make a long story short. I had to resign my position to cash out my 401k, So unemployment says I cant draw becouse I resigned.
A friend of mine huyt his shoulder at work, Dr had him on light duty. Well he has a siezure at work, his Dr adds no restrictions sence he is already on light duty. The companey terminates him stating he can not do his job :jawdrop: .
Agian unemployment says he cant draw.

RitcheyRch
06-24-2007, 01:51 PM
I was a contractor aka job shopper at Lockheed so would imagine the insurance was paid for by that company. Am going to call the unemployment office again tomorrow morning and see what they say.
I would appeal that. Lockheed paid for your unemployment INSURANCE. I'll bet if you bitched and threatened to write your senator or send a letter to your senator and cc Unemployment they would change their position. I work for the State and this method works for people (who usually deserve nothing) all the time.
I'm not sure if the others in that meeting would stand behind me being that I was a contractor there and not a company employee. I spoke with a few friends that are still there and there has been absolutely no talk of why or when I left.
Hey RitcheyRch,
I am not one for suits, but the same thing happened to a friend, when all was said and done she walked away 130K in her pocket. The her superviser called her a stupid fukken bitch and that was over heard by others in the office.
Just trying to get ya a new boat...or maybe just some sweeeet up grades..:D

imbndvs
06-24-2007, 02:38 PM
SO many LAZY ASS LOOOOSERS on here! Go get a fcking job and stop bitching!

ChumpChange
06-24-2007, 03:34 PM
That's me! :D

RitcheyRch
06-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Me too. Not going to go work for pennies.
That's me! :D

MADDOG355
06-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Are you crazy? That would put a major dent in our posting and boating time. :D :D

riverbound
06-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Yah.....listen to this jerk off....;)

RitcheyRch
06-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Max is $450 a week
Just out of curiosity, what does unemployment pay?
Exactly. Think I might be able to hit 10K posts before find another job. :D
Are you crazy? That would put a major dent in our posting and boating time. :D :D

SHOTKALLIN
06-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Max is $450 a week
will that even cover beer?:eek:

RitcheyRch
06-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Sure does since I dont drink....:D
will that even cover beer?:eek:

ChumpChange
06-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Sure does since I dont drink....:D
Same here. Now that I got the beer budget covered....how about the mortgage? That falls a little short. :mad:

RitcheyRch
06-24-2007, 06:56 PM
The unemployment covers mine but doesnt leave much more.
Same here. Now that I got the beer budget covered....how about the mortgage? That falls a little short. :mad: