PDA

View Full Version : HAVASU HEAT! 121 forecsast for July 4th!

nodigg
06-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Its here boys and girls! :mad: :D Three months of oppresive HEAT!

Jyruiz
06-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Woo hoo.:)

Phat Matt
06-28-2007, 09:36 PM
I think I am going to take my bimini off. :eek: :sqeyes:

lalhc
06-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Boy, I'm glad I just got a new AC unit for my house. Thanks again Slowinhavasu!

charlyox
06-28-2007, 09:38 PM
If you did that wouldn't you be "Topless"?

pw_Tony
06-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Don't remind me I work outside in Havsu/Bullhead:mad:

BajaMike
06-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Well, Rick, I'll be in Huntsville, Alabama for the worlds biggest private airshow/bbq. My buddies farm has their own airport (Epps Air Park)....and I'm riding in on Gulfstream G-4.
The temp will be about 100 and the humidity about 95......and those Alabama girls are always hot!!!
Happy birthday America....:D Rick, have fun with your boat load of babes....:eek:
This is the story......http://www.southernmuseumofflight.org/AAHOF_Epps.html

BadKachina
06-28-2007, 10:32 PM
But it's a dry heat.........;)

VanDeano
06-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Compared to last year, Ill take the heat any day. Last years thunderstorms:220v: :220v: :jawdrop: were nice to look at, but no fun to boat in.:D

RiverRatMike
06-29-2007, 05:12 AM
Today marks record-setting temperature
By DAVID BELL
Thursday, June 28, 2007 7:58 PM MST
When residents awoke to their clock radios the morning of June 30, 1994, they got the word. The previous day's temperature was unusually warm, even by Lake Havasu City standards.
“Havasu stands alone at the top,” broadcaster Kevin Shepardson told the KBBC listening audience that day. “At 3 p.m., it became official, and we always knew it: Havasu is the hottest spot in America.”
On June 29, 1994, Lake Havasu City became the hottest city in the Western Hemisphere, hitting a record high of 128 degrees.
Thirteen years later, no other city has matched that mark, although some have come close, including Lake Havasu City again.
“In August 1996, we had 14 days in a row of 120-degree-plus temperatures,” Shepardson said. “But nothing record-setting.”
Laughlin also came close. That same day, June 29, 1994, the tiny Nevada town hit a state-record 126 degrees.
That entire week in 1994 was one of blazing temperatures. Shepardson, who's tracked weather in Lake Havasu City for three decades, reported 120-degree-plus temperatures the whole week leading up to the record-setting day, including a then-record 126 degrees on June 27 and 124 degrees on June 28.
Since then, there have been only a handful of 120-plus degree temperature days in the city. This has prompted some amateur meteorologists to wonder whether the reporting methods are accurate.
AccuWeather, the meteorological service Today's News-Herald uses, reports the methodology is sound and that a number of causes could be the reason for the variance in readings between the official reports and the amateurs.
“It really depends on the location of the weather station,” said Ken Reeves, AccuWeather's director of forecast operations. “We see this more so in communities in western U.S.”
Reeves said the leading causes for temperature differences are local micro climates and elevational differences.
“You can encounter a fairly substantial difference in elevation and terrain in a fairly short distance,” Reeves said. “You can also get warmer days' readings depending on soil conditions.”
John Salmen, a National Weather Service meteorologist in Las Vegas, agreed.
“These are the kinds of things that have to be factored in. Different parts of the area will have different temperatures. Are they further from water, closer? Wind may also keep temperature down,” Salmen said.
AccuWeather uses the data collected at the weather station on the local Mohave Community College campus. The National Weather Service uses the city's weather station north of the London Bridge, with equipment provided, calibrated and serviced by the NWS.
The city's weather station used to be at Lake Havasu City Fire Station No. 5 on Lake Havasu Avenue. But with the upgrade, it was moved to the public works facility on London Bridge Road.
The city station and the MCC station were created by the same man, Doyle Wilson, the city's water resources coordinator and geologist.
Real time forecasting for the region, along the Colorado River from Bullhead City/Laughlin to Lake Havasu City, is taken from Needles.
In the 1980s the Federal Aviation Administration opted to place an automated surface-observing system at the Needles Airport rather than any of the other communities because Needles appeared to be the most centrally located.
Real time forecasts are broadcast to pilots as they enter the local airspace.
As the city enters July, residents should be aware that while it may feel very hot, it's not unusual.
“Things are as normal as normal can be,” Shepardson said.
Last year, AccuWeather reported the average daily temperature in July was 110.2 degrees. That was down slightly from the 2005 average of 110.4 degrees but up from 2004's 108.3 degree average. In 2003, the average temperature for July was 112.6 degrees.
The hottest U.S. temperature ever recorded was 134 degrees on July 10, 1913, in Death Valley, Calif.

DILLIGAF
06-29-2007, 06:22 AM
Rick---and to think we will be riding our bikes up to Monterey/Hollister then :)

Baja Big Dog
06-29-2007, 07:18 AM
From the National Weather Service;
Independence Day: Partly cloudy and hot, with a high near 116.
Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 86. :eek:

Havasu1
06-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah, you just explode into flames:mad: . I'll be there!:D

mobldj
06-29-2007, 09:55 AM
and i quote.....THATS HOT.(paris jail bird hilton)

Devil's Advocate
06-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Oh Yikes!:220v: I hope the following week won't be that bad when we're there.

Warlockjer
06-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Sitting up on the Delta right now (Bethel Island). Its 78 and a breeze blowing. We took a vacation at a good time. Problem is we have to come back sooner or later:)

phebus
06-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Jerry, I have someone that wants to talk to you about your pontoon. PM sent with info.
Rick

Ziggy
06-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Couple weeks before the monsoons start up....

burtandnancy2
06-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Dropped a friends boat off for him at Temple Bar Yesterday and it was 118 at 3 PM, and its supposed to get hot by this week-end! When I stepped out of the air conditioned truck, it hit me like a fist...

nodigg
06-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Don't remind me I work outside in Havsu/Bullhead:mad:
YUP! Just got back from a day in the crane in Buuuulllhead with NO A/C! HOT does not do it justice! And only what, 111?

nodigg
06-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Well, Rick, I'll be in Huntsville, Alabama for the worlds biggest private airshow/bbq. My buddies farm has their own airport (Epps Air Park)....and I'm riding in on Gulfstream G-4.
The temp will be about 100 and the humidity about 95......and those Alabama girls are always hot!!!
Happy birthday America....:D Rick, have fun with your boat load of babes....:eek:
This is the story......http://www.southernmuseumofflight.org/AAHOF_Epps.html
The trip sounds GREAT! But FOCK that Humidity shite!

nodigg
06-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Rick---and to think we will be riding our bikes up to Monterey/Hollister then :)
STOP IT! You know you gonna trailer it up BIOTCH!
(me too)

nodigg
06-29-2007, 03:58 PM
From the National Weather Service;
Independence Day: Partly cloudy and hot, with a high near 116.
Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 86. :eek:
Well then, I gues it depends on who you think is gonna get it right. Check out the weather channel's predictions.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/86404?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

JB in so cal
06-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Well then, I gues it depends on who you think is gonna get it right. Check out the weather channel's predictions.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/86404?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared
Here's another look. What's a degree or 2, huh:sqeyes:
Tuesday
Sunny. Highs around 118.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 80s.
Independence Day
Sunny. Highs around 119.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid to upper 80s.
Thursday
Sunny. Highs 115 to 117.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid to upper 80s.
Friday
Mostly sunny. Highs 114 to 116.
You know it's hot, when:
*You can say 110 degrees without fainting.
*You eat hot chilies to cool your mouth off.
*You can make instant sun tea.
*You learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron.
*The temperature drops below 95, you feel a bit chilly.
*You discover that in July, it takes only 2 fingers to drive your car.
*You discover that you can get a sunburn through your car window.
*You notice the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
*Hot water now comes out of both taps.
*It's noon in July, kids are on summer vacation, and not one person is out on the streets.
*You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
*You break a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m. before work.
*No one would dream of putting vinyl upholstery in a car or not having air conditioning.
*Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"

warlock
06-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Booze and 120' Bring it Cleatus! And don't forget your camera...:D